I can only echo the great reviews the hotel has received here on TripAdvisor - this really is a wonderful hotel!
Holidays in Egypt are mainly hotel based. This was a family holiday and I wanted my daughter to be entertained so I chose this hotel mainly for it's water-park. Plus the option of a swim-up room was also a deciding factor for me.
Being a new build, the hotel is very modern and spotlessly clean. ALL the staff work extremely hard to ensure your holiday is a happy one. We never felt obliged to tip but tipped our regular waiters, pool guys and our room cleaner - who each day left us a fabulous towel sculpture!
We spent our days in the water-park area. There were never any queues for the slides and we all really enjoyed the lazy river. The kid's pirate ship pool area was a great way to cool off in with my daughter and I even was brave enough to go under the huge tipping bucket! The waiters around the pools work really hard to keep you supplied with drinks and my hubby was happy with the plentiful supply of Sakura Beer!
I've seen some reviews saying the food can be repetitive, we were only there for a week so didn't find a problem with this. Food is plentiful and is available all throughout the day. During your stay, you're allowed to eat once in each of the Hotel's two a la carte restaurants (Asian and American Diner). Both meals were excellent but we particularly enjoyed the Asian Restaurant.
Our swim-up room was very spacious and modern and was cleaned everyday.
We stayed in swim-up room 4112, which is on the left side. As previous reviews have mentioned this is the shaded side and the swim-up pool is quite cool. We didn't have a problem with this as it was nice to escape the heat (yes the weather is VERY hot!) The area in front of both sides of the swim-up rooms is a private area, only for the use of swim-up room guests. This is a nice area to go if you are looking for a little quiet time.
At night we didn't particularly like the entertainment in the Sports Bar as we found it very loud but we enjoyed listening to Ash (one of our waiters) who made a better job with his singing than some of the paid acts! lol. We preferred to sit outside with a drink (or two!) but on most nights we caught a taxi to Soho Square which cost around £15 return. I highly recommend a trip there, there's lots of shops and the owner's don't hassle you. There's also bars, restaurants, live entertainment, sculptures and dancing water fountains. For bargains, there's quite a large shop straight across from the HSBC Bank who's prices are much cheaper than everywhere else in the square. At first glance it looks like a supermarket but also sells lots of the usual souvenirs.
As a guest of CSSR you're allowed to use the facilities and beach at the Pattaya Beach Hotel but food and drink isn't included. This is across the road from the hotel and about a 10 minute walk down to the beach.
Not the Hotel's fault but the shops across from the hotel and the camel guys do hassle you which put us off going to look round them again but I guess this is all part of the Egyptian experience. We also found the trip guy across the road from CSSR very pushy so we booked our trips with the very friendly Mo at Sharm Vacations.
If you are thinking of booking this hotel, you won't regret it - it really is a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay