Have just come back from a week long stay at the Coral Sea Splash Resort with our 12 year old daughter.
Hotel - The hotel is only a year old and has clearly been rushed in a few places, however everything worked and only minor issues were tiling, finishing touches etc.
Location - The location is approx 15 minutes from the airport. It is across the road from the beachside hotels so is approx a 10 minute walk to pattaya beach where you can use the sunbeds and facilities by showing your all inclusive wristband. Nabq is obviously up and coming as hotels are being built all around the bay. There is a Mcdonalds and KFC just 2 minutes from the hotel and a hard rock cafe is being built across the road.
Food - The worst bit of the hotel. The food is very bland and lacks imagination. Every night it is the same things, just given a different name to correspond with the theme for that night. They have various stations such as Pizza, Pasta, Salad and Egyptian. However, I am a fussy eater and there were no occasions when there wasn't something for me to eat. The main restaurant also resembles a university canteen as is the chaotic stlye at to which he is run, This negative comment however should not hide the efforts of the waiting staff who do a good job in the difficult circumstances. The best bit of lunch was the ice cream served in homemade waffle cones that are available every other day. There are also 2 a la carte restaurants, Asian and American, that are worth visiting as the food is good and a nice break from the main food service.
Pool and Waterpark - Both these are excellent. The main pool is heated and large in size. There is then a wave pool and childrens area. The water park consists of a number of slides that, despite the hotel being near capacity during our stay, never seemed to have a queue to experience them.
Entertainment - The entertainment during the day consists of 3 guys who do their best to get everyone involved. They have aqua aerobics in the morning then in the afternoon there are games such as water polo and volleyball. There is often a quiz around the pool. The evening entertainment i can't comment on as we didn't take part in it, prefering to walk outside the hotel or use the bar areas for a drink.
Bars - There is a poolside bar that serves drinks all day and food during the afternoon, such as pizza, hot dogs etc. There are then a couple of other bars and the waiters are always more than happy to bring your drinks order.
Room - We had a swim up room and they are worth every penny of the upgrade fee. The room was spacious and comfortably slept the 3 of us, with a double bed that was bigger than anything i have ever slept in and a sofa bed for our 12 year old daughter. There is a second sofa bed for a fourth person. The swim up room then had a terrace that led directly into your own private pool. These are exellent if you wish to spend time away from the main areas.
Staff - All the staff work tirelessly hard to satisfy your needs. Our room cleaner was more than happy to get us anything we needed. The serving staff and waiters are also happy to provide you with what you need. The staff around the pool and on the waterpark are also more than happy to have a laugh and a joke and help you out.
Overall I would choose not to return to this hotel should i visit Egypt again but that is mainly because of the food and the fact i never return to a hotel wherever it may be and however good it is.
A few tips for travelling to Egypt:
1. Take English cash with you and exchange it at the bank as the rate you receive is 9.45 whilst exchanging it here in the UK you only get 8 egyptian pounds exchange rate.
2. We booked Thomson for our trips although they were slightly more expensive. They provided good services with escellent guides.
3. You'll get hassle from the shop keepers. The best few were down in Nabq Bay opposite the to be erected Hard Rock Cafe. They were friendly and more than happy to barter.
4. Visit Naama Bay and Soho Square as they are worth a few hours of your time whilst in Egypt.
5. Everyone wants a tip. The driver that takes you from the airport, the hotel worker that takes you to your room, the man who delivers your bags, the room cleaner ( deserved it in our case ) and everyone who says hello!!! They are more than happy with minimal amounts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Southall Travel so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay