Having just returned from the Coral Sea Splash its time to remember just how nice it was. First off on arrival we, a family of four, were swiftly shown to our swim up room toward the back of the resort. All the rooms are located to the back end of the resort with the pool and waterparks inbetween them and the main reception and resturants. The family room was spacious and quite adequatly clean, with flat screen tv, plenty of sockets( so many things to charge up! ) and a nice bathroom. Being a swim up room we had access to the private pool which backed on to a nice terrace area away from the hurly burly of the main pool, well worth the extra. Also during the day on the terrace we regularly had drinks brought to us by the pleasant bar staff.
The main pool was the busiest area, with plenty of activities during the day to get involved with, waterpolo, etc. The rest of the Splash facilities were great, the wave pool never overcrowded and quite relaxing, the younger kids pirate ship and slides good fun and the lazy river nice too. There is an area for toddlers with slides and water guns. The big slides were good and quite exciting, the only gripe being that inflatable rings and mats were needed to ride them all. This meant that on occasion someone with a ring would not pass it on until they felt they had worn out its use! Also with the slides being all based around inflatables it wasnt easy for my youngest to go on his own carrying the rings up the three or four flights of stairs. All that said though we never had to wait too long to ride and the guys running them were very helpful and fun.
The food was spot on. If you regularly travel to similar types of all inclusive you know what to expect, if you are expecting A la carte you may be disappointed, although I overheard someone who went to the paying Stone Grill restaurant and enjoyed what he said was the best fillet steak in years. The main restaurant is buffet style and regularly topped up, plenty of choice and the faddiest tastes catered for. Pizza, pasta, burgers,chips don't panic, they are all here if you daren't try something new!
The main good point about the Coral Sea Splash is the fact that it never appears to be packed to the rafters with people and our trip was slap bang in the middle of the main school summer holidays. The hotel was fully booked and I think that despite the resorts size, there are a lot fewer rooms than other similar resorts. This would make me happy to come again during school hols.
We never bothered with the entertainment in the evening at the sports bar, instead we relaxed in the main bar or ventured out. Going outside your hotel in Egypt used to be a bit of a gamble, with the level of hassle you might get sometimes overwhelming. In recent times though this behavior seems to have relaxed a little and trips to La Strada were quite good. A quick tip is that further down from from La Strada is a very good supermarket called Metro, bit like Tesco in the sun if you need your Brit sweetie fix!
All in all very nice indeed. I won't go for five stars though because I have stayed in nicer places and they deserve their five stars, but this place does not fall short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay