“Absolutely Fantabulous!!!!!! :0) Xx”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Sufflok
“Absolutely Fantabulous!!!!!! :0) Xx”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We got home early hours this morning after 14 days and I would turn round and go right back if I could! I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and the people who work so hard in it! It's perfect for families and can't fault it one bit! We (My sister and my 2 kids aged 17 and 12) arrived late on Monday the 15th Oct, We got shown straight into the main dining room to have something to eat and then shown around the complex to our swim up room 2115. This is on the sunny side which I didn't pre-email the hotel for! Our cases were brought to our room shortly after! We never felt pressured to tip at any time.. Which we didn't tip anyone until the end of our holiday with exception of dining in the Asian and American restaurants as they serve great food with exceptional service! I strongly recommend giving them a try.. They are free so why not!
In the Buffet restaurant they serve so much good food, I love to try new things and was never dissapointed, Tho if that isn't your thing there are plenty of alternatives so you will never go hungry or will the children.
All the staff go out of their way to do all they can for you, I didn't have to lift a finger for the whole 2 weeks and if I did get up to do something was told very quickly to go sit back down and it will be brought over to me! I do not know where these chaps get their energy from, They work up to 14 hour days/7 days a week and always got a cheeky smile and a bit of chat! Shall miss them lots! :0)
The pools and flumes are great fun for kids of all ages and also plenty of fun to be had in the main pool with the entertainments teams! How they can be jumping around all day as they do in that heat is beyond me but they put everything into what they do day and night!
We did spend alot of time up in our swim room which to my surprise is situated on the 1st floor.. Is a little oasis when you want to have a little chill out time but still near enough to see all the fun from above! Up there there are some sunbed and a quiet bar... Again you never have to walk to as drinks are brought to you! I felt so lazy there!!
Our rooms were cleaned daily with fresh water supplied and some fantabulous towel art! Tho our cleaner did get moved to a different part of the building after 10 days but we managed to track him down to give him a tip as a thankyou, Again we felt no pressure from him to do this, we just appreciated his hard work and seemed a genuinely nice man!
We did have a body scrub, massage, facial,sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi for a very reasonable price and a great way to start the holiday! They even gave the kids facials and let them come in the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi for free! :0)
I think the only negative thing I can say about my stay is that some of the guests could do with learning some manners! If you go to someone else's country you should respect the people who live there! There was an awful evening with a couple who just over done the all inclusive bar and made right idiots out of themselves.. They should of got chucked out but were allowed to stay! I can't imagine they were grateful at all for that!
I would like to thank everyone who made us feel more part of a family than guests!! We all had the best time! :0) Xx

Room Tip: I can't rate swim up rooms enough.. Ours was 2115 on the sunny side!! The other side had no sun...
6 Thank pinkypunkster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Coral Sea Splash Lowdown from Maddie aged 4 and her Mummy and Daddy (Older)

Flights - First Choice Birmingham to Sharm. OK, so no inflight entertainment but in this day of ipads, tablets, nintendos etc and dare I say "books" who cares. No prebooked meals but hot choices available for those who cannot go five hours without food.

Transfer - In and out of airport in 30mins and only 10 minutes to hotel.

Rooms - We had a swim up room on the sunny side (2107) and loved it. Large clean room, good tv with movies and football. Great for being in when the sun drops behind hotel and 3.45pm. Would not have been happy on the other side swim ups which were in the shade from dusk till dawn, but the water was not that much cooler to be honest.

Food - Quickly seated and served drinks every night. Not the biggest choice but we found something we liked every night. American and Asian OK and it was nice to be waited on rather than get it yourself.

Bars - OK, but been in much better.

Slides etc - Fabulous - all kids big and small will love them.

Evening entertainment - Kiddies disco great for little people. All done by 9.00pm so go to bed as the adult stuff, as been reviewed by others is terrible. I can see they try but clearly have no budget. So get up early and make the most of the beautiful weather.

Staff - Fantastic with kids and yes it helps if you tip them to reserve your beds but when it has cost several thousand pounds to get there whats the big deal of spending another ten to get the exact ones you want. When it Rome!

Mosquitos - Put you repellent at dusk, check your room and no problem.And thanks to those who don't they appear covered next day and you won't get bit much, if at all. We only had two all week. Evening temp meant I could wear jeans and socks so nothing on me.

Outside - I went walking early in the mornings in all directions and never got stopped once. However, I did hear a number of families gave up after a few minutes outside as they were pestered so much.

Weather - Fabulous, very warm sunny days and lovely evenings.

Sickness - Nothing for any of us, however, given the heat we matched beer with water and soft drinks and kept the room cool at night

Clients - Good mix of nice families and chav ones. Funny how most of the chav ladies are very large and wear very little. So if you have a fuller figure do not worry, one of them will make you feel much better about yourself.

Overall - I agree with another reviewer that it does not compare to The Turkey hotels at Lara Beach which really are 5 star family hotels but this was Sharm so overall - not bad, infact, pretty good for a week. That said, two and I might not have felt the same.

Room Tip: Room 2107 Swim Up Room - Pay the extra, its worth it
4 Thank petegildon
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent 10 days at this hotel from the 8th October to the 18th and we all had a fantastic time, age range between 59 right down to 3yrs we were a party of 11, we had 4 rooms two family rooms and two standard rooms.
Rooms were very spacious, beds comfy, fresh towels left daily and cleaned every day, the bathrooms were lovely, clean with a great shower.
Food was lovely there was something for everyone at all meal times and lots of variety each evening, we visited both the Asian and American resturants and enjoyed lovely meals and a great service in both.
Staff were brililant and provided a great service, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Pools and slides were fab and great fun all very safe, lazy river was a lovely way to pass an hr and escape from the sun for a while.
They have drink stations all around the resort where you just help yourself to cold drinks, pool bar was great and the latte drinks were lovely.
Never had a problem getting sunbeds and towels provide by the pool guys.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and really couldn't fault the hotel, food or staff and would recommend this place to anybody.
Don't believe some of the negative reviews on this place it really is a great place.
Outside the hotel and to the left you will find Mcdonalds ,kfc etc if you fancy a change, we only tried the Mcdonalds and i can honestly say it is much better than at home and a lot cheaper.
Would we return? yes without a doubt.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are lovely with a lovely patio to escape sun for ten mins.
5 Thank pippop123
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed at hotel from the 10th to the 17th of October and the weather and room were lovely ..... the food was ok, but since coming home my 10 year old has been so unwell she has been diagnosed with Cryptosporidium this is a parasite that is in pool water :-( a good few other holiday makers were also sick still not sure if they have this ? She has now had the runs for 11 days and lost a lot of weight we have also had the envioromently health dept round as they are notified by the hospital as soon as a case becomes detected . Never again :-(

7 Thank Kmcgla
Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Spent a week with a 4, 9 and 11 year old and my wife in a family suite. Outstanding staff, excellent catering, and great leisure facilities (esp the water park on site). I was particularly impressed by all grades of staff with their child-centred and respectful approach. Contrary to a recent review, I was extremely impressed by the cleanliness of the entire resort. We had no problems with eating anything from the (voluminous) buffet.

Would strongly, strongly recommend, for a hassle-free, relaxing holiday.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank scotdoc1972
Nottingham
Reviewed 27 October 2012

This hotel is fantastic. I travelled here with my 2 children and husband for 2 weeks. The hotel is modern, and spotlessly clean which is the main thing. All of the restaurants are spectacularly clean and have service that is second to none. The American Diner was delicious!! The water park was fantastic, we never saw the kids as they were always off playing and making friends but would come to find us when they got hungry! We sat around the main pool where the animation team put on all of their activities. My husband always played in the water volley ball and water polo and I have a fab video of him in the 'chicken dance'. All of the team; Gemma, Bob, David, Nani, were fantastic but Pono and Laura are a real credit to the hotel. All of the staff at the hotel were so welcoming. The shop in the hotel aren't overly priced and have some lovely handbags :) Location of the hotel is brilliant. Although I like to be beach front, and we have to walk to Pataya Beach, it was well worth it! The waters were shallow for, what seemed like, miles and there was even a pool on the beach for the kids to play in! Staff their were so inviting as well. Only thing I would say bad is the mosquito's! Don't forget your sprays and your marmite because I got bitten alive! Can't wait to rebook and get back to see everyone. Anyone know what Christmas in Sharm is like?!

2 Thank Louise R
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2012

What can you say....... The hotel, staff, facilities where just fantastic. It was my first time to Egypt dubious due to the bad storys, but it was beautiful, no bad stomache's we all had fun and relaxed. The hotel was very clean, staff was so helpful from the cleaners to the bell boys, my 10 year old daughter said she felt like a queen :) no staff expected to be tipped, on the last day when we did tip we had to fight for them to take it. The entertainment team was ace my children loved them and myself and my niece joined them to the beach party best night out ever. We was all very sad to leave, normally we can't wait to get home this time we have all come home with holiday blues can't wait to go back. Would highly recommend this hotel. Big thank you to all the staff who made this a very memorable holiday :) especially ramadan,atef,alaa and abdulle the concierge department, nabil at the pool bar and ahmed in the hotel sheesha bar. you all made our holiday special.

1 Thank BeckyW362
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!