“WOW!!!!!”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“WOW!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Cant believe some of the reviews ,ok this is not a 5+ hotel but no real complaints unless you want to be nit picky . Well were do i start fantastic holiday fantastic staff and meet some lovely people and the beds are soo comfy and big best sleep ive ever had at a hotel, we stayed here from 10th october 2012 till the 22nd october 2012 and went as a couple and we didnt want to come home, the animation team were great especially laura poono and tam , i miss you guys , ahmed are cleaner was fantastic nothing to much trouble , a big hello to the two managers in the restaurant again couldnt do enough for us. Food was always well presented and there was always something to eat even for the likes of me who is a very fussy eater, no bad bellies.
the all inclusive alcohol was plenty and drinkable,If you have children this is the place to go as you would never see them and they will be well worn out . would def go back again and would recommend to one and all, would like to say a great big thank you to kyle (first choice rep) she was amazing always made you welcome when she saw you ,even got me my ciggies back when i left them on the transfer coach upon arrival , wat a star. also a big thank you the weather man who gave us extremely good weather, the only thing i would say is be careful when going out of the hotel on a evening as locals are a constant pest especially to the right of the hotel would recommend to stay left. A visit to the beach is a must as great snorkelling will be blown away.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ann b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

On arrival check in was reasonably quick, we were then taken to the buffet diner for a meal, then shown to our room which was massive, we had a 5 room suite, room 1203, it had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a living area which converted into a sleeping area, we also had 3 TV's in the rooms, and we had proper baths, not a walk in shower like some have mentioned. Rooms have a safe, and come with complimentary water/coffee/tea making facilities. There is also a mini bar in the room, which isn't included in the All Inclusive and was rather expensive, we asked for the contents to be removed, and we used it for our own drinks. We did have a few problems with items breaking or not working in the room during our week, but most were sorted quite quickly.

We travelled with 3 children ( Aged 12, 10 & 8 ), and they spent most of the week on the pirate ship and slides, we only visited the main pool on one occasion and found the music a bit loud. The pirate ship/kids pool was great for kids, with the bucket dumping water over them every 10mins or so. Drinks were bought round occasionally, and as long as you were up about 7am, then getting a sunbed wasn't a problem, special mention to Eslam, he was great in keeping the kids safe around the pool. I'll agree with some of the previous comments about the pool area's being a bit rough and kids getting hurt etc, our children ended up with a few scrapes ( Nothing major ) from our week away.

Food from the buffet diner was fine, with some nice choices. Quite a bit of choice from the usual chips/burger/pizza options to freshly made omelettes/pasta etc. With some local choices as well, whilst we were there Wednesday and Saturday nights are BBQ night, although the Wednesday one was a fish themed BBQ which wasn't our fancy. We found the service a bit inconsistant in this restaurant, on some occasions the tables weren't fully laid when we were shown to it, and we ended up asking for extra cutlery/cups etc, some of the staff were better than others for offering to get you drinks, although was no hardship to get your own. Never had a problem getting seated, although the evening session ( 1830-2200 ) would be quite busy when it first opened, so might be better to go a bit later. One thing we did notice was that unused cutlery on a table that had been used, was used again. And we agree with a previous user who said that tables weren't cleaned before the next family. We didn't manage to book for either the Asian or the American Diner as it was fully booked, and it seemed that once a table is booked it isn't used again for the rest of the evening, even if the restaurant is still open for a while longer, this gave the impression that it wasn't very busy even though "Fully booked".

We didn't get much hassle from the Spa Staff or the onsite dive company Aquarius, they even have a photographer on site who seemed to do quite well. Aquarius offer a free trial most days in the main pool at 12 noon. The shops onsite are more expensive than the shops outside, but you get less hassle so depends on how good you are at dealing with hassle/haggling etc. The shops in the hotel included a jewellery shop, photographers shops, a bag/watch shop, and general souvenir shop and a lilo/t-shirt shop, mostly fake products but cheap enough compared to the original.

The local area is quite busy, and next door is a building site ( Oct 2012 ), although there was no work going on when we stayed there. A short walk away is a McDonalds, KFC, Starbucks, Burger King and In and Out Burgers, there is also a Metro Supermarket as well as banks and other local souvenir shops. I use an iPhone and neither me or my wife could connect to the hotels WIFI, the other option was to walk to VIVA bar ( next to McDonalds ) and buy a drink and use their free WIFI, or goto the "Bus Stop" bar. The local beach is Pataya Beach which is about a 10 min walk.

The entertainment of an evening was as stated in other reviews, poor, although some of the visiting acts deserve special mention, the El Tanoura dancer and Belly Dancer on a Monday Evening were very good as was the Break dancers on a Friday.

Now onto the staff, most are happy to help and give good service, some seemed downright grumpy at times. We did notice a inconsistency in the service received by certain people, and I do wonder how many people have "bought" their service for the week, in my opinion tips are for good service and are given after you've received good service, rather than given before to guarantee good service. This was about the only downside at this hotel, as some staff seemed to ignore us as we hadn't "tipped" at the beginning of the week. The cleaning staff did a good job, and we did get some lovely towel art during our week there, the only thing that I would mark them down for is they need to learn what a "Do Not Disturb" sign means.

The only other downside to the week was on the last day, as our pickup wasn't until 1915 in the evening, I paid 330LE ( £34 ) for a late check out, which I was told was upto 6pm at the latest, from 1645 we had constant knocks on the door asking if either our cases were ready for collection or were we leaving. The luggage guy was also a bit rude after he'd collected our bags, asking for a tip for collecting my bags.

People have also stated that they tip in £1 coins, I'd not recommend this, as we got asked quite often to change coins for either Egyptian LE's or Sterling notes, so I'd say tip in Egyptian LE's if possible.

Overall a good week and thoroughly enjoyed it, just a few minor things that I've pointed out. Would we return again? Possibly, as overall it was was good.

As a side note, I see that the name of the hotel is changing from next year to the Coral Sea Aqua Club.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Not a great start on arrival, as porters asked us to sign in and then insisted on showing us around the hotel on way to room along with other families, which was irritating after a six hour journey. Eventually hubby got fed up with waiting and carried our bags to the room, only for porters to arrive to show us how to operate the patio doors and wanted a tip.
Other than that, the hotel was great, as previous reviewers have stated the staff work so hard, especially the cleaners and restaurant staff and the entertainment staff. The food was fantastic, if you want chips and basic food you are catered for, however we liked taking a chance on the Egyptian specialities.
The hotel is safe for kids and the water park is brilliant. However if you want to sunbathe and relax head for the pools nearest to the water slides as the top pool has ear splitting music from the entertainment team.
As a family we will not be returning to Sharm , but that is no reflection on this hotel.

3 Thank Rubyreg
Sufflok
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We got home early hours this morning after 14 days and I would turn round and go right back if I could! I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and the people who work so hard in it! It's perfect for families and can't fault it one bit! We (My sister and my 2 kids aged 17 and 12) arrived late on Monday the 15th Oct, We got shown straight into the main dining room to have something to eat and then shown around the complex to our swim up room 2115. This is on the sunny side which I didn't pre-email the hotel for! Our cases were brought to our room shortly after! We never felt pressured to tip at any time.. Which we didn't tip anyone until the end of our holiday with exception of dining in the Asian and American restaurants as they serve great food with exceptional service! I strongly recommend giving them a try.. They are free so why not!
In the Buffet restaurant they serve so much good food, I love to try new things and was never dissapointed, Tho if that isn't your thing there are plenty of alternatives so you will never go hungry or will the children.
All the staff go out of their way to do all they can for you, I didn't have to lift a finger for the whole 2 weeks and if I did get up to do something was told very quickly to go sit back down and it will be brought over to me! I do not know where these chaps get their energy from, They work up to 14 hour days/7 days a week and always got a cheeky smile and a bit of chat! Shall miss them lots! :0)
The pools and flumes are great fun for kids of all ages and also plenty of fun to be had in the main pool with the entertainments teams! How they can be jumping around all day as they do in that heat is beyond me but they put everything into what they do day and night!
We did spend alot of time up in our swim room which to my surprise is situated on the 1st floor.. Is a little oasis when you want to have a little chill out time but still near enough to see all the fun from above! Up there there are some sunbed and a quiet bar... Again you never have to walk to as drinks are brought to you! I felt so lazy there!!
Our rooms were cleaned daily with fresh water supplied and some fantabulous towel art! Tho our cleaner did get moved to a different part of the building after 10 days but we managed to track him down to give him a tip as a thankyou, Again we felt no pressure from him to do this, we just appreciated his hard work and seemed a genuinely nice man!
We did have a body scrub, massage, facial,sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi for a very reasonable price and a great way to start the holiday! They even gave the kids facials and let them come in the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi for free! :0)
I think the only negative thing I can say about my stay is that some of the guests could do with learning some manners! If you go to someone else's country you should respect the people who live there! There was an awful evening with a couple who just over done the all inclusive bar and made right idiots out of themselves.. They should of got chucked out but were allowed to stay! I can't imagine they were grateful at all for that!
I would like to thank everyone who made us feel more part of a family than guests!! We all had the best time! :0) Xx

Room Tip: I can't rate swim up rooms enough.. Ours was 2115 on the sunny side!! The other side had no sun...
6 Thank pinkypunkster
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Coral Sea Splash Lowdown from Maddie aged 4 and her Mummy and Daddy (Older)

Flights - First Choice Birmingham to Sharm. OK, so no inflight entertainment but in this day of ipads, tablets, nintendos etc and dare I say "books" who cares. No prebooked meals but hot choices available for those who cannot go five hours without food.

Transfer - In and out of airport in 30mins and only 10 minutes to hotel.

Rooms - We had a swim up room on the sunny side (2107) and loved it. Large clean room, good tv with movies and football. Great for being in when the sun drops behind hotel and 3.45pm. Would not have been happy on the other side swim ups which were in the shade from dusk till dawn, but the water was not that much cooler to be honest.

Food - Quickly seated and served drinks every night. Not the biggest choice but we found something we liked every night. American and Asian OK and it was nice to be waited on rather than get it yourself.

Bars - OK, but been in much better.

Slides etc - Fabulous - all kids big and small will love them.

Evening entertainment - Kiddies disco great for little people. All done by 9.00pm so go to bed as the adult stuff, as been reviewed by others is terrible. I can see they try but clearly have no budget. So get up early and make the most of the beautiful weather.

Staff - Fantastic with kids and yes it helps if you tip them to reserve your beds but when it has cost several thousand pounds to get there whats the big deal of spending another ten to get the exact ones you want. When it Rome!

Mosquitos - Put you repellent at dusk, check your room and no problem.And thanks to those who don't they appear covered next day and you won't get bit much, if at all. We only had two all week. Evening temp meant I could wear jeans and socks so nothing on me.

Outside - I went walking early in the mornings in all directions and never got stopped once. However, I did hear a number of families gave up after a few minutes outside as they were pestered so much.

Weather - Fabulous, very warm sunny days and lovely evenings.

Sickness - Nothing for any of us, however, given the heat we matched beer with water and soft drinks and kept the room cool at night

Clients - Good mix of nice families and chav ones. Funny how most of the chav ladies are very large and wear very little. So if you have a fuller figure do not worry, one of them will make you feel much better about yourself.

Overall - I agree with another reviewer that it does not compare to The Turkey hotels at Lara Beach which really are 5 star family hotels but this was Sharm so overall - not bad, infact, pretty good for a week. That said, two and I might not have felt the same.

Room Tip: Room 2107 Swim Up Room - Pay the extra, its worth it
4 Thank petegildon
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We spent 10 days at this hotel from the 8th October to the 18th and we all had a fantastic time, age range between 59 right down to 3yrs we were a party of 11, we had 4 rooms two family rooms and two standard rooms.
Rooms were very spacious, beds comfy, fresh towels left daily and cleaned every day, the bathrooms were lovely, clean with a great shower.
Food was lovely there was something for everyone at all meal times and lots of variety each evening, we visited both the Asian and American resturants and enjoyed lovely meals and a great service in both.
Staff were brililant and provided a great service, very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them.
Pools and slides were fab and great fun all very safe, lazy river was a lovely way to pass an hr and escape from the sun for a while.
They have drink stations all around the resort where you just help yourself to cold drinks, pool bar was great and the latte drinks were lovely.
Never had a problem getting sunbeds and towels provide by the pool guys.
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and really couldn't fault the hotel, food or staff and would recommend this place to anybody.
Don't believe some of the negative reviews on this place it really is a great place.
Outside the hotel and to the left you will find Mcdonalds ,kfc etc if you fancy a change, we only tried the Mcdonalds and i can honestly say it is much better than at home and a lot cheaper.
Would we return? yes without a doubt.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are lovely with a lovely patio to escape sun for ten mins.
5 Thank pippop123
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Stayed at hotel from the 10th to the 17th of October and the weather and room were lovely ..... the food was ok, but since coming home my 10 year old has been so unwell she has been diagnosed with Cryptosporidium this is a parasite that is in pool water :-( a good few other holiday makers were also sick still not sure if they have this ? She has now had the runs for 11 days and lost a lot of weight we have also had the envioromently health dept round as they are notified by the hospital as soon as a case becomes detected . Never again :-(

7 Thank Kmcgla
Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
Coral Sea Waterworld Resort
#52 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,988 reviews

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!