2,853 results
All reviewsanimation teamwater park isamazing holidayegyptarabicsam
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Only got back last night but in keeping with previous Hotel reviews I have done I'm posting this promptly whilst everything fresh in my mind.
From the moment the 3 of us arrived, (myself, wife and 8 yr old son) we knew this would be a great holiday. Firstly, we were escorted to our room, luggage taken care of, and given a great ground floor room (#5108) overlooking the main swimming pool. It was obvious in the morning that our email request for a "sunny aspect" had been granted as this faced the sun practically from dawn 'til dusk.
The first couple of days we spent finding our feet, acclimatising to the fabulous weather and generally being pampered by the fantastic staff. The pool staff were particularly attentive and brought round trays of drinks for all the guests so you didn't even have to move from the sunbed. I have never had 5 star service like this anywhere in the world before and all the staff had a smile on their face, and Ahmed's (one of the pool waiters) motto was "it's my job to serve you, whilst you relax and take it easy" which was almost humbling to hear when you consider the meagre wages these guys earn for a 12 hour+ day, 7 days a week. It was a real shame when we heard the same waiter was demoted to restaurant duties on our final day for being too friendly and chatty by the pool, but I can assure you he never stopped serving out in the hot sunshine.
The Hotel facilities were truly excellent. The water park, slides, restaurants, bar areas, rooms were clean and tidy, with plenty of assistance on hand to cater for our every need. Although our son was not into the "scarier slides" he was more than occupied with the lazy river and kids pools. We all tried the Flow-rider which was an experience, even if I did manage to lose my shorts at the first attempt. The hotels own entertainment / animation team worked their socks off to ensure all the guests were happy, and it's a crying shame that Thomson are soon to put their own staff in to replace them, or so we hear.
Because the hotel has it's own on site Spa there is a bit of a hard sell by the pool trying to get you to have a massage or treatment, especially when they see you are the newcomers with no tan to hide behind. Just be patient and tolerant and after a couple of times of trying they move on to the next sunbed to try their luck. I did in fact arrange a massage at a knock down price by walking into the spa myself so you do have the choice at the end of the day.
Our only slight complaint about the Hotel itself was the food quality; it has been said before but the food was never piping hot and we thought the variety was somewhat lacking. It was not really in keeping with the rest of the 5 star feeling we got from everything else. That said, we did not go hungry and recommend both the Asian and American restaurants where there was Al La Carte choices. The Head Waiter, Fatima, was good fun and always had a smile on his face too. The big plus with the main restaurant was that it did not feel like a cafeteria or free for all frenzy like some all inclusives we have been to before.
The evening entertainment in the Sports Bar was perhaps lacking in quality but the animation team really tried their best, and we all really enjoyed their Saturday night Show. The kids 8.30pm "disco" got everyone in the mood at least, even if Ollie felt a little "old" at 8 yrs old! We met a lovely couple with their two kids, another Ollie and Joshua literally on the first night and met up with them regularly whilst we were there. They showed us their family room which was enormous, more like a 3 bed apartment, and we thought our open plan 2 bed was more than adequate!
A couple of points to finish with; on the tipping and the haggling culture everyone expects in Egypt. Tipping was certainly not expected in the Hotel, with the exception of the luggage boy on the first night who made us feel a little uncomfortable whilst standing at the doorway until we gave him a pound. We did tip housekeeping towards the end of the week and the Pool waiters that were so attentive during our stay, but the odd pound / 10 Egyptian note was not unreasonable here and there.
As this was our fourth visit to Sharm we knew exactly what to expect outside of the Hotel when window shopping. Haggling and bartering for a handbag, tee shirt etc is part and parcel of the street traders life but we did feel rather uncomfortable in one shop in particular to the left of the Hotel near Macdonalds and KFC. I fully understand times may well be hard in Egypt for many but being somewhat vocal and aggressive towards us tourists just because we don't actually buy something we are simply looking at will have a detrimental effect and put people off going outside of the Hotel complex. I think this was more a one-off as most traders accepted no for an answer and happy to banter and haggle.
Overall, we would give this Hotel a 95% rating, the staff most definitely made it a proper relaxing holiday, and the perfect 80 degree plus weather every day was just what we needed to escape the UK Winter blues.

Room Tip: Ground Floor Rm 5108, sunny side next to main pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank brooko123
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a week here and
It was Absoloutly fantastic !
I couldn't find a single fault with this hotel
There is something for everybody of all ages to do !
The food was great
The hotel was clean and well looked after
The bar and cleaning staff were great
But the animation team were what made the holiday for us !
They work tirelessly to keep everybody amused I read a review of a professional dancer slating there dancing maybe they
Aren't quite up to your standards but they
Don't just dance !
They organise and play water polo, volleyball, quizzes , keep your kids entertained and organise the theme nights !
I have nothing but praise for them !

Only down side of the location is the hasltle you get from the locals outside the hotel
But they soon get the message !

Al in all 10 out of 10

2  Thank hartlepudlian1976
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This really is an amazing hotel. We went as a family of five. The family rooms are massive. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms with baths and showers, 2 balconies so lots of space. Cleaned well every day and a different towel art left on the bed. I thought the food was really good. Lots of choice. Yes there is a alot of burgers, pizzas and hot dogs but there is salads and veg as well. Lots of different soft drinks and alcoholics drinks on offer. Breakfast is served 7-10. Lunch 12.30-2.30. Dinner 6.30-10. Always food available round the pool as well. While sat round the pool the bar staff are constantly coming round offering drinks. The spa staff do hassle you to book a treatment but I agreed to a treatment on the first day and they didn't hassle me after! The spa is lovely but isn't cheap. The free pool towels every day is a great bonus so no need to pack towels. The water park is amazing and was a big hit with my 3 daughters. I found all of the staff really helpful. The kids club entertainers work really hard. My youngest 2 went to the kids club every day and loved Larrisa. Would definately return and recommend the hotel to everyone. We booked a snorkelling trip with emperor diving and this was really good. All the instructors are english and are great with kids and beginners.Cash point machine in hotel with a good exchange rate of approx 10 LE to £1, with a £1.75 cash withdrawal fee. Shop in hotel very expensive but supermarket just down the road, about a 1 min walk to the left much more reasonable. If you are going to the hotel and want to ask me any questions please do.

Room Tip: Family rooms great for families of 5 or 6
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank faye p
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We are a family of four;two adults, one 2 year old and one nine month baby. The 5* Animation team Cheryl, Larissa,Rachel and Rest of the crew were superb!!! They really took time with our family and made us feel like superstars. We enjoyed the shows every evening #karaokefail lol! And found the daytime activities were always lively and fun. We had a fantastic room that was close to the pools and food which seemed non-stop. No complaints what so ever, lots of variety and lots to do,even McDees,Starbucks and KFC nearby. I'd recommend the beach party for a night out I had an awesome time dancing with the 5* Entertainment team who made sure we were all safe getting back to the hotel. Thanks guys for making our holiday so lovely and for absolutely doting on our boys. Rico and Deago send their love mmmmwoah x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x :-).........oh and the couple that said on the last night that there was nothing for them to do and they hated the resort we think that says more about the state of your relationship!

1  Thank kointhesky
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Recently visited this hotel and joined in some of the poolside activities .. Like TOMBSTONING where u dive in with your arms down by your side , and the lilo run.. Did any of you join on?... Food was lovely even had hp sauce for breakfast ha ha... Good clean hotel..

1  Thank Danny_j_kelly