2,853 results
All reviewsanimation teamwater park isamazing holidayegyptarabicsam
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed at coral sea splash for ten days and from arriving at the hotel to leaving we had a fantastic time! From the second you walk into the hotel your are completely looked after, your cases are taken to your room while you have a refreshing drink, brilliant first impression and it and impression that lasts!

The rooms are really nice there cleaned everyday and the cleaning staff do a brilliant job they left us a towel animal or love heart or decoration on the bed covered with petals on a few occasions much to the delight of my 4 year old daughter Hannah. All the staff are really friendly and are absolutely fantastic with the children making a fuss of them and going out of there way to make sure they say hello and have a chat with you no matter how busy they are.

I must mention the animation team they are brilliant, Hannah cried when she had to leave them most of all Racheal! From morning games and dances by the pool to the evening entertainment they are a pleasure to be around and really made they holiday for us. They worked none stop to make sure we were having a good time.

The food was nice and the resultant is lovely, we also tried the American diner and Asian restaurants on site at the hotel both of which were lovely

We spent our evenings at the sports bar with Hannah for the children's mini disco and club dances with the animation team this was followed by a different she very night which we enjoyed, there is also a lounge bar that is a little more relaxing across the way from the sports bar if you have had enough dancing for a change. My mother and farther in law spent a few evenings in there being entertained by a singer a violinist and a guitar player who were all very good.

Just outside the resort is Hard Rock Cafe, McDonald's, TGI Fridays, Starbucks and KFC if you fancied a change. The only downside to taking a wonder outside the hotel is the hassle you get from some of the locals who want you to go into their shops but a polite "no thank you" is enough for them to leave you alone.

I couldn't possibly mention everything We loved about this hotel and the staff as there is just so much!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting a relaxing/fun filled holiday 10/10 all the way!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gets the sun all day as a few rooms round one side of the pool are in the shade for the afternoon,
2  Thank Lynzie R
Reviewed 27 March 2013

just returned from coral sea splash i went with my partner,sister and 8 year old niece we had a great time!hotel very clean,rooms are massive and the staff are all very friendly and happy.food was ok they do try to cater for the english burgers chips pizzas ect but you cant realy go abroad and expect the same food as home so it was ok there was always fresh salad and fruit(wich is washed in bottled water)and they do good omlettes for breakfast!the water slides are all good fun so is the lazy river we didnt que once for anything mind you we didnt go in the school holidays we went 14th - 21st march the weather was fantastic 36 degrees on our first day then luckily it dropped down to about 32 degrees for the rest of our stay the swimming pool was still quite cold though it think its because of the cold breeze which you are gratefull for other wise it would be too hot!tips:we had rooms 5223 and 5224 they are adjoining rooms they get the sun most the day and were perfect also i was wondering why our rooms were'nt getting cleaned(probibly just me being a bit thick)but as you come into your roon on the left there is a switch which says please clean my room which is mixed in with other light switches i just persumed it was a light switch anyway you need to press that also it was my first time to egypt i persumed also that there wouldnt be any mosquitos as there is no malaria out there well there is(mosqitos)and they bite at night i would reccommend taking some insect repelant with you there was one girl there who had 84 bites by the second day i would suggest a repelant with deat in if you have it on they wont bother you.all in all a fantastic hoilday would deff return.another tip change up some 1 dolar notes before you go good for tips.oh yeah we used falcon excurtions very good alot cheaper than the hotel.

1  Thank natalie216
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here a couple of weeks ago . Great holiday for a week . Couldn't do any longer . The hotel is very clean good location great food and staff . The animation team were great but Thompson are planning on bringing new staff to the hotel . We met loads of people which was good and all were English witch was better as the hotel seem to cater for English more. I wouldn't go half term etc as the hotel has a water park and I couldn't cope with too many kids . I have never seen a hotel clean the pools as much as I did at this hotel and can say we were never ill . I would strongly advise anyone looking for a holiday at in Egypt go here . Airport transfer only 15 mins . One thing take some pound coins as staff expect a tip specially the luggage boys.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Only got back last night but in keeping with previous Hotel reviews I have done I'm posting this promptly whilst everything fresh in my mind.
From the moment the 3 of us arrived, (myself, wife and 8 yr old son) we knew this would be a great holiday. Firstly, we were escorted to our room, luggage taken care of, and given a great ground floor room (#5108) overlooking the main swimming pool. It was obvious in the morning that our email request for a "sunny aspect" had been granted as this faced the sun practically from dawn 'til dusk.
The first couple of days we spent finding our feet, acclimatising to the fabulous weather and generally being pampered by the fantastic staff. The pool staff were particularly attentive and brought round trays of drinks for all the guests so you didn't even have to move from the sunbed. I have never had 5 star service like this anywhere in the world before and all the staff had a smile on their face, and Ahmed's (one of the pool waiters) motto was "it's my job to serve you, whilst you relax and take it easy" which was almost humbling to hear when you consider the meagre wages these guys earn for a 12 hour+ day, 7 days a week. It was a real shame when we heard the same waiter was demoted to restaurant duties on our final day for being too friendly and chatty by the pool, but I can assure you he never stopped serving out in the hot sunshine.
The Hotel facilities were truly excellent. The water park, slides, restaurants, bar areas, rooms were clean and tidy, with plenty of assistance on hand to cater for our every need. Although our son was not into the "scarier slides" he was more than occupied with the lazy river and kids pools. We all tried the Flow-rider which was an experience, even if I did manage to lose my shorts at the first attempt. The hotels own entertainment / animation team worked their socks off to ensure all the guests were happy, and it's a crying shame that Thomson are soon to put their own staff in to replace them, or so we hear.
Because the hotel has it's own on site Spa there is a bit of a hard sell by the pool trying to get you to have a massage or treatment, especially when they see you are the newcomers with no tan to hide behind. Just be patient and tolerant and after a couple of times of trying they move on to the next sunbed to try their luck. I did in fact arrange a massage at a knock down price by walking into the spa myself so you do have the choice at the end of the day.
Our only slight complaint about the Hotel itself was the food quality; it has been said before but the food was never piping hot and we thought the variety was somewhat lacking. It was not really in keeping with the rest of the 5 star feeling we got from everything else. That said, we did not go hungry and recommend both the Asian and American restaurants where there was Al La Carte choices. The Head Waiter, Fatima, was good fun and always had a smile on his face too. The big plus with the main restaurant was that it did not feel like a cafeteria or free for all frenzy like some all inclusives we have been to before.
The evening entertainment in the Sports Bar was perhaps lacking in quality but the animation team really tried their best, and we all really enjoyed their Saturday night Show. The kids 8.30pm "disco" got everyone in the mood at least, even if Ollie felt a little "old" at 8 yrs old! We met a lovely couple with their two kids, another Ollie and Joshua literally on the first night and met up with them regularly whilst we were there. They showed us their family room which was enormous, more like a 3 bed apartment, and we thought our open plan 2 bed was more than adequate!
A couple of points to finish with; on the tipping and the haggling culture everyone expects in Egypt. Tipping was certainly not expected in the Hotel, with the exception of the luggage boy on the first night who made us feel a little uncomfortable whilst standing at the doorway until we gave him a pound. We did tip housekeeping towards the end of the week and the Pool waiters that were so attentive during our stay, but the odd pound / 10 Egyptian note was not unreasonable here and there.
As this was our fourth visit to Sharm we knew exactly what to expect outside of the Hotel when window shopping. Haggling and bartering for a handbag, tee shirt etc is part and parcel of the street traders life but we did feel rather uncomfortable in one shop in particular to the left of the Hotel near Macdonalds and KFC. I fully understand times may well be hard in Egypt for many but being somewhat vocal and aggressive towards us tourists just because we don't actually buy something we are simply looking at will have a detrimental effect and put people off going outside of the Hotel complex. I think this was more a one-off as most traders accepted no for an answer and happy to banter and haggle.
Overall, we would give this Hotel a 95% rating, the staff most definitely made it a proper relaxing holiday, and the perfect 80 degree plus weather every day was just what we needed to escape the UK Winter blues.

Room Tip: Ground Floor Rm 5108, sunny side next to main pool
5  Thank brooko123
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Just got back from a week here and
It was Absoloutly fantastic !
I couldn't find a single fault with this hotel
There is something for everybody of all ages to do !
The food was great
The hotel was clean and well looked after
The bar and cleaning staff were great
But the animation team were what made the holiday for us !
They work tirelessly to keep everybody amused I read a review of a professional dancer slating there dancing maybe they
Aren't quite up to your standards but they
Don't just dance !
They organise and play water polo, volleyball, quizzes , keep your kids entertained and organise the theme nights !
I have nothing but praise for them !

Only down side of the location is the hasltle you get from the locals outside the hotel
But they soon get the message !

Al in all 10 out of 10