“Great hotel with such friendly staff”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here from the 10th-24th May and were a little apprehensive with it being a family resort, however, we need not of worried. The hotel and the staff make everyone welcome and nothing is too much to ask.
When we initially arrived we were allocated a room overlooking the main pool, however, we was able to upgrade to a swim-up room, which was perfect. The only slight downside was that we were on the shaded side so the pool was freezing!!
The food at the hotel was probably the best we've had at an all inclusive hotel. Nobody will go without. We dined twice at the American, Asian and Stonegrill and enjoyed every meal. If you do visit the Stonegrill you do get 25% off your total bill and it cost us around £20-£25 for a two course meal for two people- highly recommend everyone to give it a try.
We did not watch the entertainment as it was more catered for children so we spent nearly every evening in the Adult Shisha bar- highly recommend! You do not have to have a shisha pipe but if you decided to give it a try it's 20LE or £2.
Finally I have to give a massive thank you to Amr for making us feel so welcome. He is a real credit to the hotel and I second that he is for sure the best barman!!

5  Thank Laura02014
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Travelled in March, weather was excellent, not a cloud in the sky and temperature around 31 - 33 degrees. Excellent staff, both in restaurant, round pool and housekeeping. Pleasantly surprised, as I was a bit apprehensive before travelling but I had no need to be. Drinks good and food good quality, especially BBQ, although the choice was rather limited. Saying that, I still ate very well and would definitely return. Did not go out the hotel, so I cannot comment. Even though we did not have children in our party of four, I would say the pool facilities for children were brilliant. Rooms lovely, air con worked well and get some milk from bar if you like a cuppa in your room. Evening entertainment was not the best but that didn't bother us either. Take insect repellent as it's very much needed, use it generously and you will not get bit. Just ignore porters at the airport, they tend to get greedy. We are lucky enough to be able to carry our own bags, so we did not get involved. A la carte restaurants were excellent. Give it a go, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tars1964

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for your recommendations; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from a weeks break with my Husband and ten year old son I am pleased to say that I do not regret one thing about booking this resort.

From the moment we arrived at the resort (after a very quick transfer from the airport) it was clear to see that guest service was a priority. Our bags were whisked up to our room whilst we were taken to the restaurant for a late supper before the evening offering finished at 22:00.

We were then guided to our pre booked swim up room 2101, which was situated at the corner of the main block (above the gym, spa, bar, main pool and a short walk to the main building which housed the restaurant and lounge bar etc).

The room itself was spacious, well equipped and spotless. Throughout the week it was cleaned daily by Syed who was a real gentleman and extremely accommodating to our erratic sleeping habits and afternoons spent enjoying the AC whilst lounging around the room, swim up pool and balcony.

The resort provided multiple options for daytime sunbathing at the various pool areas,we spent time both at the main pool which allowed for participation in multiple
Thomson activities that were held throughout the afternoon ( water polo , quiz etc) and lounged by the water slides and lazy river which allowed for a quick dip when it got too warm. No matter were we lay we found it easy to secure loungers and used the fresh towels provided by the hotel. Whilst at the pool areas you have easy access to the pool bars for refreshments and the waiters would also circle round with drinks to save you the hassle which was a luxury in itself. When talking about the pool areas I must also mention the life guards who were attentive, alert and unsurprisingly very friendly.

The food was good for an all inclusive resort, the main restaurant provided a fair spread across breakfast, lunch and dinner in addition to the outside options you were offered a reasonable selection. I would say that a great meal is not directly placed under your nose, you need to explore the various stations to ensure that you are gaining the best on offer. My husband and son also dined at the American Grill and said it was fantastic. Over and above that we eat out with the resort at Hard Rock, TGIs and Soho Square in Nama Bay. This was purely down to personal choice and a need to get out and about. I feel that if we were in a large group we could have stayed in the resort all week quite happily.

We only watched the entertainment one of the evenings which was good and the area itself was great and comfortable should wish to spend time there with your own family. Again serviced by regular table service for drinks.

We also visited the spa on several occasions as a family and myself for individual treatments. We found the staff to be polite, knowledgeable and professional. Especially Ahmed, Mahmood and Marek.

We also took a two hour speed boat trip for snorkelling and water sports which we organised within the hotel and were well looked after by it captain Nasser and his colleagues at the water sport centre.

Now I talk of all this fantastic service, please believe me that it is true of every member of staff at CSAC. I honestly could not fault any level of service that I received across the piece. Which we happily tipped for using pond coins which we could exchange Egyptian currency for in the lounge bar (not sterling though, which I mention as if your are not switched on like my husband and I you will be stuck with it as the nearest bank you or the staff can exchange it in is in Cairo).

Overall we had an amazing time and were well looked after by lovely staff who went the extra mile.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Kirstin C
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel is approx. 20 mins away from the airport, once the bus was checked by the Security dog that is always outside (not all hotels have this in the area) check in was very quick and a welcome drink provided. We were then shown to our room by one of the luggage porters. Luggage followed shortly.

The room (1306) in my opinion was massive, large shower that has a window into the main room (not sure why this was needed) very large and comfortable bed, addional seat and sofa area that had sliding doors to make it more of a room if you have more than 2 sleeping. There is also a 3 pin plug in the room. The room easily sleeps 5 people. This room faced the childrens pirate ship area which up to around 6pm had the normal kids laughing and noises. No issue as you’re not there. Room was cleaned everyday and towels were always changed. Towel art and bottled water was left every day and our cleaner always asked if everything was ok when we saw him. Yes some parts of the room could do with a little tidying but it was clean and comfortable so dodgy marks on the wall from squashed bugs really didn’t bother me. The door to the room faces onto an unfinished hotel (quite normal to see these all over Egypt at the moment) so the evenings are very quiet once the entertainment has finished. Room is an ideal location, easy to get to the restaurant and pools.

Pools were all clean and lifeguards were pretty sharp on the rules. No issues with getting a bed and yes beds are reserved from around 8am everyday but no one went without a spot, there are so many different areas to sunbathe by the various different pools you will always find a space. Rides were good, ideal for all ages and the lazy river is excellent just to float around. There is no beach at this hotel but you are able to use the sister hotel across the roads access. Beach is more shingle than sand but the water is lovely and warm.

There is lots of choice for meals although some of the beef dishes did seem to be very similar, there are options to create your own pizza, toasted sandwich and pasta dishes. Snacks are also available at lunch outside the main restaurant and by the adults pool which includes access to unlimited ice cream. You have the opportunity to book into the American and Asian restaurants once per week. Food wasn’t that much better than the buffet restaurant but it was nice to be waited on. Drinks were always available not the greatest selection of spirits and the cocktails all seemed to be made from the same 4 ingredients but were quite nice. Not that you need to go there but a short walk from the hotel is TGI Fridays, Macdonalds, KFC, Hardrock café and a Chinese.

The entertainment is really geared up for the children, 2 of the main reps that stood out for me were Ronnie and Courtney, seemed to be the main 2 who put the effort in with the dance routines every day and night. Most of the others didn’t seem to be that bothered and just wanted their shifts to be over. Yes the evening entertainment is pretty poor that it’s funny. There was a UK comedian on one night who even though it was a child friendly performance was very funny. There are some local bars nearby if you get bored of this. You can also arrange for a taxi from the hotel reception we had an issue where we were made to wait for 45 mins just to go to Soho square but we got the trip at a discounted price when he did turn up.

I didn’t find that the staff were that into ‘bending over backwards’ for you as a lot of other reviewers have mentioned, I noticed most only made an effort with the people who had children or had obviously given tips. Their sense of humour too is a bit weird, sarcasm at its worst. The spa staff can get quite annoying but just pretend to be busy with your book and they get the message.

A few tips that you may find useful: Take pound coins to tip but be warned when you first arrive you will get asked to swap your notes for change by local workers jumping on your transfer coach. They find it hard to exchange coins at the banks. I took all my money in GBP and exchanged when we got there, you get a much better exchange rate. Make sure you take bug spray with at least 50% deet, we were lucky and didn’t receive any bites but there was some people there who’s legs were absolutely covered. The hotel is sprayed every night but obviously they can’t get everywhere with the spray. If you want hassle free shopping go to Soho Square (don’t go in the ice bar as it’s a rip off – 30 mins for around £15 plus one free drink), the shops near the hotel hassle you a lot and we even found them to be quite insulting at times. If your prepared to haggle make sure you book yourself on to the trip to the market. This is where you can get some good deals on ‘genuine first copy’ ;) goods. When going back to the airport don’t wait on the bus like they advise you for your case. Get off as quick as you can and grab it. We passed some buses where they wanted a tip just for taking your case off and were really reluctant to let go of your case without one.

All in all a lovely holiday with no real issues. I would return to the hotel and Egypt as there really is nowhere else you can go to guarantee the lovely weather.

Room Tip: Take bug spray and exchange money when you get there. Don't forget to take a pen in hand luggage...
5  Thank Doughnut83

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your excellent review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed from 17-27 May and have to say we loved every minute! nothing is too much trouble and the staff can not do enough!

they are fully equipped for kids and anything you need just ask!

Room was spacious and clean, clean bedding and towels daily too! Food was good and plenty of things to choose from.

Kids entertainment was amasing and creche were also brilliant!

Beach is ashort walk and well worth a visit!!!

all round we would go back definately!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank emilylou097

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just had to write a review to say that this hotel is amazing.
From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave you are treated like royalty. Every single member of the hotel we crossed paths with, was courteous and helpful and work extremely hard to keep the place in tip top shape and make sure that you were happy. The boys work long hours but are always pleased to see you and stop to chat and ask how your holiday is going. i've never experienced a hotel that cares so much about their holidaymakers
ROOMS – modern and spacious with plenty of room and storage, all facing into the pool area. Once there we wished we had booked a swim up room, but it was no biggie, there was still plenty room round the main pools.
FOOD - was brilliant. Im extremely fussy with all inclusive food, but I can honestly say the food here was fantastic, so much so I managed to put on 7lb’s in a week! LOL. We tried both the American and Oriental A La’ Carte restaurants, simply because we could, if they weren’t available we would have still been happy to eat in the buffet restaurant every night as the food was good and varied. They also have a bbq twice a week in the evenings and every other day at lunch time, which my husband loved. I never heard anyone complain re the food.
DRINKS - were fine, usual cocktails and spirits.
Although this is a family orientated hotel, there is still plenty for couples to do in and around the hotel. The beach is across the road and you can cut through the Holiday Village to get to that. Again this is beautiful and the water is luke warm.
For me Nabq Bay was the best area in Sharm, everything is on your doorstep, TGI’s McDonald’s KFC, and Hard Rock are all minutes away from the hotel, and there are also some bars within a couple of minutes walk,(3 crowns, Britannia, Bust Stop) although if you dont want to leave the hotel, you really dont have to. We personally just wanted to see a bit of the area.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone considering it.
Egypt is a beautiful place, please dont believe the horror stories flying about just now, just book it and go, you wont be disappointed. We are already pricing going back to Coral Sea Aqua Club in November, and will defo be getting a swim up room next time.

Room Tip: get a swim up room for a bit of luxury in the sunny side
3  Thank hezbrown

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments will not go unnoticed

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived here on the 7th may, quick airport transfer and a quick check in at the hotel! We had room 2204 it was so big and spacious and my 2 boys had there own wee room with partioned doors!

The roon is massive! U get a safe for free air con for free, fridge for free and there is a hairdryer in the roon but if u have thick hair take ur own I wish I had! The cleaner was lovely we had towel art most days and my boys loved going into the room 2 c wot he had left!

The swimming pools r amazing we always sat round the pirate pool bcoz our kids r young but they loved that pool could never get them out it. The lazy river is really good even the kids loved it. The big slides r very fun I only had the guts 2 go down the space bowl but it was great fun! My boys r only 3 and 4 but they got 2 go down the race shute and they loved it. The flow rider I didn't have a go but my partner did he sed it was great and the lifeguard took my 2 boys on it they wanted on everyday! Muhammed kept us topped up with drinks all day around the pool a lovely man anf worked very hard. They dont expect a tip but they work so hard they do deserve it if u feel they do! Lifeguards r great too and they are all great with the kids.

Food was ok I took a really dodgy tummy but it was only me. We r all really fussy but not 1 night did we ever go hungry u will always find something. My partner lived off the pasta station he loved it. We only tried the American a la cart it was ok. The stonegrill is must to try yes u need 2 pay but its well worth it we went twice.

The entertainment is good not great we stayed for 2 weeks and the same entertainment we had the first wk was on the second wk. The kids loved Thomson the dog tho.

If u go outside the hotel be prepared 2 be hassled it is extremely annoying but jst say a firm NO and they stop. Do not go on a camel as they will try 2 get more money off u than they say I seen so many people arguing with the camel boys.

This hotel doesn't have a beach but its jst across the road through the holiday village. Its is a gd walk with kids took us about 20mins but its worth it because the beach is beautiful.

This hotel is perfect for families and I will be returning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

#12 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!