“Amazing holiday best yet one to remember” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Amazing holiday best yet one to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Omg where do I start arrived on 29th May stopped for 2 weeks there was 8 of us 6 adults 2 kids aged 6 and 4. What isn't there to do the kids was never bored weather was amazing. We had swim up room and there was a pool man who brought u drinks amazing. There was one bar man who I must mention Mohammed in the lobby bar by reception he could not do enough for you amazing with the kids very good work Mohammed. And flow rider man Allah he was great with my kids especially the older one. The food is good really your in Egypt so u have to understand it's there food. They do different things each night and BBQ is really nice. Drinks r deffo not watered down lol strong too. Room was lovely also the bar men who bring drinks in day and evening work there socks of in this heat take my hat of to them they do a good job. Water park well lol it is brilliant especially the pirate ship for all ages lol we miss this hotel and Want to go bk next year. The tours the people offer u they come round the pool in day u don't. get what u promise they sort of miss sell it to u we do boat trip with dive they said it was 20 min long it's actually 10 min u get under water they don't tell u that 20 min includes gear on ETC but really gd day do a second dive they charge £10 extra on boat. We done water sports too £50 for 1 hour more like 45 mins lol we done swimming with dolphins but with another company called sharm excretions brilliant he was they what's app u before u go to arrange he then meets u outside hotel u pay u get recipt and wait till ur day arrives sounds dodge but trust me it's fine he also dose trips u may find cheaper then hotel. Also we had family photo shoot from man in hotel omg loved every minute of it very patient and great pics. Don't take egption money take English works out cheaper for u and them fab fab fab

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Kayk24
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and that it was amazing holiday best yet one to remember. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more "fab fab fab".

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from the Coral Sea Aqua Club and in all honesty delighted to get home. Every year we go to the First Choice Holiday Villages or Thomson Family Resorts so have experienced plenty to compare it to. We travelled to the Blue Lagoon Village last year which is a Thomson Family resort and is 5*. This was 4* plus therefore assumed it would be very similar. As an ex travel agent I am well travelled and have travelled to Egypt twice before. This hotel was not 4 star plus. We arrived at 11pm at night with two children (2 and 4) tired and ready for bed. We were marched in a big group to start a tour of the complex!!!??? We slipped away straight to our room. It was large and no problems on first inspection, although the balconies were very low. After various calls and trips to reception our luggage arrived at 1.50am!!!!!! They told us it was on its way at 11.45pm. Where it went I have no idea but we had no toiletries or clothes so to wait until that time was totally unacceptable but certainly not what I expected for a hotel of this standard. In the morning we realised various bits in our bathroom including the toilet roll holder, toothbrush holder and worse a light were all hanging off. The shower was laughable... My husband literally had to keep the knob pressed down to ensure water came out of the shower rather than the tap. Water was scolding hot and dripped out of the head. We did the right thing and reported it to our Thomson reps who said it wasn't on and would sort it ASAP..... None of it got sorted. I went back again.... Still never sorted!
Between a family of 4 we had two tummy bugs and an ear infection. Oh and we are very safe where that's concerned so it wasn't us being naive. I have been home a week and have been so poorly had to see a Doctor. I have travelled all over and never ever been that ill.
The entertainment was so awful. Our girls love Thomson the Dog having seen him on previous holidays and even they were bored with it this year. Luckily with me being ill we only went to mini disco then went back to the room.
The food was ok... Can't say it was amazing or poor...just ok. The BBQ was good and the pasta station also. The choice of drinks during the day was poor. It was coke, lemonade, orangeade or water. At the BLV last year they offered small chilled bottles of water... Here it was a machine, small plastic cups and often luke warm. The childrens juice was scary.... The orange was made with powder!!! The girls had it once and there tongues were bright orange. They never had it again.. God knows what at was in it. Alcohol was beer, some kind of cocktails. Snacks were hot dogs,chips and pizzas oh and ice cream.... NOT every British person wants to eat this! The main restaurant was like a canteen and the leather seats were filthy and worn, some ripped. It may sound picky but not what you should get in this standard of hotel.

I have to point out the staff and Egyptian people are lovely!!!!!! So helpful, so nice to talk to and don't hassle you too much. A firm no and they leave you alone. It broke my heart to see some guests (and I will come on to them in a minute) be so rude and disrespectful to them. They work hard for little money and were always smiling.

The water slides are great for children and the staff are very health and safety conscious which is excellent.
As previous reviews have stated Hard Rock Cafe across the road is a great night out. Lovely food, excellent service and again great staff. Nothing too much trouble.

Now the worst part.... I think the reason our stay wasn't great was some of the other guests... There were some large groups of families there that made me ashamed to be the same nationality as them! Smoking at the side of the kids pools, flicking ash next to the pool and stubbing their cigarettes out and leaving them!! One guy made this horrible noise, I then realised he was clearing his throat/noise and spat onto the floor! Absolutely vile! People behaving like vultures in the restaurant, like they've never eaten and there is only them on holiday. As I said earlier being rude to the staff like they are servants. People kicking off because someone had got the sunbeds they wanted because they ALWAYS sit there!!!? One family brought there own stereo and were playing some awful music. A few families complained to the staff around the pool who politely asked them to turn it off. He did, then when the staff member had gone said "it's my holiday I'll do what I want" just no respect for anyone else.

We stayed back end of half term into first week of June. I believe from a friend of mine who works for Thomson Travel Shops that there was a cheap last minute deal on this hotel and maybe that's why it went downhill in terms of other guests. For a family who booked this early and paid nearly £3000 for 10 days thinking it would be the same as what we're used to we were upset and really disappointed. I think Thomson need to look at how this is being marketed as it's not in the same league as other Thomson Family Resorts and families will expect the same standards if they've done others first. Had it have just been a 4* hotel and not a family resort we would maybe have just thought ok not great but make the most of it! it's the fact it's supposed to be a Thomson family resort! you would expect that bit more. Offering these hotels on a cheap deal is, with respect going to attract a different type of clientele.... It's then not fair on those families who have paid full whack and expecting a 4* plus experience. They've lost our business and because of this holiday we won't do another.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Rhodesybaby
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests. On a positive note, thank you for the recognition of the friendliness of our staff members, your compliments will be shared with the team.

We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Coral Sea. I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Coral Sea Aqua Club or any of our Coral Sea Resorts in the near future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.
Kind regards,

Coral Sea Hotels - Resorts - Nile Cruises
Barry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just arrived back from 2 weeks at this lovely hotel. From the time we set foot inside the hotel the staff could have not been more accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and always smiling. Lovely hotel and rooms all air conditioned and fresh water delivered daily, along with with new towels and rooms cleaned daily. Can say we wanted for nothing at this hotel. Weather was absolutely superb glorious sunshine everyday. Plenty of sunbeds for all at the three pools the hotel has. Water slides where superb, my boy couldn't keep away from them. Having said that neither could I, a lot of fun. Don't listen to the other reviews about the food at the restaurant, absolutely fine and plenty of variety on every night,even for the little ones in the family. Entertainment team do a superb job, and are not worthy of some of the comments on trip advisor. They work hard and need more praise.EM J is so funny and has a cheek about her that makes you smile. Not taking anything away from the other teams members as they all contribute to the team. The thing that let's the entertainment team down in the reviews is people forget they are on holiday, and do not join in which makes the teams job hard. Keep working hard EM J Courtney, Ronstar and the other team members. Would definitely recommend this hotel and cannot wait to return. I hope this review helps those of you thinking about going to Coral Sea. Many Thanks

5 Thank Mark745
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

my wife and I joined my son his partner and their 2 year old daughter at the Coral sea aqua resort for a week [ they have stayed for two weeks] Upon arrival we were met with porters and after a brief conversation with the room allocator was offered a upgrade room FREE. it was room 4301 an excellent room with terrace that had a good breeze and mostly shade we could see the sea and the unfinished hotel to our left . when we arrived shattered tired and hungry we were shown to the restraunt and given drinks and food then we met again in the foyer where we were then taken to our room our cases followed with another porter .[Pound coins are ideal to tip with]
RESORT . The resort has a mass of activities with Thompson reps to the limit .The water slides and kiddies pool and bucket tipping pirates cove were our main area to frequent . We noticed that there was regular checks on the water in all the pools with a man with full kit testing all the time .one day for 2 hours the pirates cove was stopped from working as we think the water test indicated more chemicals were needed. We were so pleased these checks were happening all the time [well done].
THOMPSON TEAM . The Thompson team worked endlessly in the crippling heat of 35 deg encouraging activities and laughter right through the day they were fantastic at getting people to engage in activities [me not included] but were not pushy.My Grandaughter enjoyed the late shows although we thought the noise from the microphone was to loud.I felt for the guy/girl in the dog costume as they were working in 30 degrees heat and night in a thick doggy suit or was it a real Thompson doggy.!
STAFF.
Our regular cleaner Reda was a fine young guy who made our stay lovely cleaning and making sure we were topped up with bottles of water and tea bags and creamer for the hot drinks we had on the verandah.Reda was excellent at making the bed displays out of towels and included a boy[ hold of the tv remote] a elephant the usual swan and and enormous crocodile. The staff in the complex were very Friendly and could not help enough right from providing and opening the parasols to providing drinks at the pool . We delved into the American bar for a meal by candle light and had steak and the trimming s this was excellent but had a bit further to go to match Uk dining out.
SHOPS .
We ventured out of the hotel down the road left and right to be met with running shop holders badgering you to come in and buy this was endless and annoying we went further down the road and came to a small arcade with loads of shops but did not have time to look as we were blasted with offered and question about where we were from,?why dont we buy ?come here come there! We didn't buy a thing !. we did however go on the trip to SOHO square the HASSLE FREE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE it was hassle free and we did buy a few items but you have to haggle we did notice two days later that the items we bought "cheap" were 50% cheaper in the supermarket we found to the right of the hotel .
BEACH. My son and i like snorkling and went to the beach via the walkway near the coral sea resort across the road. the walkway had[ i estimated] about 300 small shops towards the beach but there wasn't any as it was derelict . there was/is quite a few hotels half built with not money to finish them so out and around its a bit of a building site. The beach was absolute rubbish it was like a trip to a builders yard as the sand was slushy gravel which provided us with a multitude of bites from sand flies hiding underground. we sat on a wonky cabana for an hour and was approached by local peddlers with bracelets at 300 Egyptian pounds ! [£30] we declined even to negotiate.After a half mile trek in 8 inch deep water i found water at 2ft deep and saw a fish and a sea cucumber that it ! my son ventured a further half an mile out in 1ft deep water and found the sea but it was so deep and dangerous he came back then we went to our hotel for a real swim .
TRIPS we didnt bother with the Luxor or Ciaro trips as there is tanks and army aout and around the capital with trouble in the offing [ we heard 14 shots in the night].
FOOD .The food was average and consumable with the usual mixed cakes and No pork just Beef-con [beef bacon] there is eggs croissants soup chips chicken by the cartload so there is a great degree of choice although some people from the eastern block seem to fill their table to collapsing with food, then they left half of it! .we saw this before in Turkey as these type of people dont seem to be able to control their eyes when the see food and think of themselves only this also happened as they collected in the bar drinking vodka and beer at 10 am !
CONCLUSION . An ideal place for families with kids from 2 to 22 if they like swimming and water slides [my favorite was the lazy river] staff fantastic ,hotel fantastic food OK .travel time very tiring.sleeping was bad or us as it was to hot so we had the air con on all the time

Room Tip: all rooms are good
1 Thank will26101
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Flint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Myself,Husband Daughter ,Granddaughter and friend ,came home 6/6/2014 .where do I start from arriving we where greeted by the porters and were offered a light snack as we arrived at 11.00pm We were checked in and the porters took myself and husband to our room with our cases , and the rest of our party to there family room the room was spacious and very clean with fridge ,kettle ,tea coffee ect we had a room on top of a swim to room with views looking over to the main pool .When we got to the pool next morning we where greeted Amar with a great smiling face he looked after us as though we where royalty nothing was too much it was our daughters birthday on the Monday he dressed our sunshade and loungers even made a cake out of towels and put her name on it Sharon was gob smacked she had a wonderful birthday made extra special by Amar and not forgetting Amr our poolside barman what wonderful people they certainly made our holiday ,all the staff at this complex do a wonderful job and go that extra mile nothing is to much trouble, our room was always spotless and most days there where animals made out of the towels amazing we used to have bets as to what animal was waiting for us when we got to our rooms im sorry I cant remember the blokes names he was very dedicated to his job thank you The only downside was there was no wifi in the rooms we could only get it in reception ,We are booking to go back next year it was every thing and more so look out OMAR AND AMR " we will be back"

Room Tip: we where on second floor and there are 39 steps to get to first floor its ok going down but a killer...
1 Thank Ann M
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and that it was your best holiday ever. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing place, service was fantastic.... From start to finish....food exceptional.... Friendly, helpful and we all had a totally enjoyable time.....
The desert trip is a must on buggies....as is the old town market night trip....
Really really couldn't ask for more.....

Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Jac N
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Myself and my friend spent a lovely ten nights stay here back in February.
My friend has been to Egypt many times before, but for myself it was my first time.
We booked through Thomson holidays and found the whole experience from start to finish easy, straightforward and well organised.

We where met at the airport by one of the Egyptian Thomson guides who popped us onto our transfer bus gave us a lot of hints and tips throughout the journey and within around 20 minutes we arrived at our hotel.
As soon as we arrived we where greeted by the porters who took our cases to our room and then we was checked in quickly and efficiently. We was escorted to our room.

First thoughts where brilliant, the room was clean well equips and spacious. Great facilities and even the TV had many English channels.
Our room was on the tip terrace overlooking the quiet upstairs bar. The gent on the bar Mohammed was great! Every morning he met us at the balcony door with a coffee. What a guy!
The pool area was amazing, the staff where great, the ents where some if the best we have had and the Al a Carte restaurant ruled!
Only downside would be that the wifi wasn't free, but that was back in February they told us that it would be free for the summer so maybe now it's free.

All in all I would defiantly return

Thanks all at Coral sea your made our holiday special

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Kattyann2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back next summer; FYI the Wifi is now free in some parts of the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
#10 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,490 reviews

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!