“Fantastic hotel and would re-visit in the future”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel and would re-visit in the future”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just returned from Coral Sea after spending a week there with my wife. The transfer from the airport was around 20 minutes and the rep who escorted us to the hotel was very informative about the resort/hotel. On arrival which was after midnight the bars and restaurans had closed. However the reception staff were very welcoming and provided us with a packed lunch of three varieties of sandwiches, some salad and fruits and a bottle of water. We were escorted to our room and there was a bell boy service. Our room was very spacious and we had a high room with a pool view as we requested. We were twice offered a free room upgrade by the reception staff (a swim up room) but we declined as we prefer a high room. Two all inclusive bottles of water were left in our room each day. The mini bar has a charge but did not see the point in using this as the drinks are all inclusive downstairs. The room had a safe and a hair dryer. It had air con which we used most of the time as it was very hot. The king size bed was nice and comfortable. The towel art was a nice touch.

Nabq bay is a quiet resort and is still being built upon. I would be interested to see how it looks in the next five years. There is already a mcdonalds, burger king, starbucks, TGI Fridays near the hotel as well as a Hard Rock Cafe and some indian and chinese restaurants. Metro supermarket is just past the Hard Rock Cafe and is very cheap. All of Nabq Bay accept english or egyptian currency including Soho Square. The ice bar at Soho Square is worth a visit.

In short as there are far too many good points to raise about this hotel. The staff are the best group of staff we have ever met on a holiday abroad. They are extremely friendly and go that extra mile to ensure you have a good holiday. This includes the reception staff, the lifeguards, the restaurant/bar staff, security and the cleaning staff. I have to especially mention Mustaffa who is a lifeguard. Very very nice man. The restaurants have a good variety of foods and there is always something you can find to eat. We tried the American and the Asian restaurant and enjoyed the three course meals we had at each of them. The stone grill restaurant is worth a visit even though this is not all inclusive. We found the experience of cooking our own steak at the table an experience in itself and this was amusing. We only paid £20 for a steak meal, a dessert and a drink each. A bottle of water and bread rolls were complimentary.

Areas for improvement:
-to somehow try to cool the steps to the slides as they are very hot to climb.
-to provide a courtesy room to have a shower for late departures. The spa shower area was fine but my wife finds it easier to open our cases in a bedroom rather than have to keep out what we need and take a separate bag to the spa showers.
- to improve the night time entertainment

I would recommend this hotel to others as we had no problems throughout our stay. My wife and I found the staff to stand out a mile in comparison to other hotels we have stayed at around the world and we have stayed at some very nice places.

• Stayed June 2014
9 Thank Sharm14
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review and for your recommendations; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back next year; do let us know once you have booked.
Kind regards,

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My boyfriend and I are just back from a weeks holiday in Egypt and we stayed at the Coral Sea Aqua Club. It was honestly fantastic. At first we were a little sceptical about the area due to the recent trouble in Egypt but the hotel in Sharm el Sheikh eased all our worries. There was plenty couples there so it wasn't just a "family resort". There also seemed to be many regulars who obviously visit the hotel every year which was very nice. When we first arrived at the hotel at night time our luggage was taken from us from very welcoming bell boys and we were directed downstairs to the restaurant to have food after the long flight. After a bite to eat we checked in and a bell boy took us to our room with our luggage via a golf buggy. Whilst on the way he gave us a small insight into the things around the hotel such as the water park and bars. We reached our room(5210) and it was just like the pictures on the thomson website, beautifully furnished and spacious. The room has your standard TV, tea and coffee maker, hair dryer and extra pillows. It also has a mini bar and anything else you need is on request (ie, case scales and iron). The pool was very busy each day but there is plenty of sun loungers for you to get! The food was of a great standard and they have a BBQ every day at lunch with a different snack every day. They also had different themed food nights too.. You are never starving! The entertainment during the day is also great. Often kids clubs etc can be very annoying when trying to relax but this was the complete opposite, there was something for everyone and music played all day long. Also another fantastic perk was the fact that the staff came round regularly with beer, lemonade and coca cola so you didn't have to move! Bliss! This is where I would like to give a special thank you to the wonderful Nabil at the pool bar who made our day every day with his great chat and made us feel very welcome! The staff at this hotel work around the clock all day every day to make your holiday the best it can be, despite the heat! The hotel also has a brilliant water park and a lazy river. The lazy river is fabulous for relaxing and just floating round peacefully. The entertainment at night was also ideal for families and often quizzes later at night for adults. When the bar shut at 24:00 we went to the British Pub literally a minutes walk to the right of the hotel for another few drinks. This pub has only recently opened and we had the honour of being at the grand opening. The pub is lovely inside and out as are the people. Rachael, Maria, Rebecca, Ramy and Andy were so friendly and a pleasure to meet! We also went on a trip to Soho Square booked through the hotel which was again fantastic HASSLE FREE shopping. We also went to the Stone Grill Diner next to the hotel which was great and we'll worth the money. My boyfriend and I also visited the Hard Rock Cafe which turns into a nightclub at night. This was a great night out and only 5 minutes to the left of the hotel. The hotel is a brilliant place and has 4 shops inside it that sell fabulous handbags, t shirts, souvenir gifts and food! The hotel also has wifi which works in various areas of the hotel. 2 bottles of drinking water are also placed in your room every day free of charge to keep hydrated. The spa is also of great quality and has deals on every day around the main pool. My boyfriend and I had Turkish baths and massages and both were excellent. When leaving the hotel the bell boys collected your luggage for you and met you at the front desk. They also offer you a late checkout which is until 6pm for only £40. The hotel is just fantastic and the staff make it that whole lot better.

The only things I would say are...
Stay hydrated as the heat can often get the better of you!
Take Miskito repellent as they are quite bad at night
Tip where you feel appropriate, if you tip they will treat you like royalty!

A fantastic holiday and most definitely will be returning

Room Tip: 5210, a room with a view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Jenna R
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lovely place, very clean, safe environment. My 8, 5 and 4 year old loved it. Staff are fantastic nothing was a bother for them. Food lovely, massive choice. Our room was huge room 1101. Evening entertainment run by Thompson staff was a little dull after the kids bit was over although kids loved it. Thompson staff work very hard too. Highly recommend. Will be visiting again.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank wethers123
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for your recommendations; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me and my wife/2children have just returned from our 11 night stay in the Coral Sea Aqua Club, and have to say it's really worth trying, we'll be returning again for sure.

My Review:

Arrival:
20 mins on a coach see's you arrive at the Coral Sea resort, upon arrival we we're told to leave the cases at the front of the hotel, we we're slightly sceptical about this as there didn't seem to be a well planned system in place.
Walking though into reception we we're slightly disappointed as it didn't look as classy as some of the hotels we'd visited dropping off other holiday makers before our drop off. We spoke to the receptionist who allocated us a room, but we decided to pay for the swim up room upgrade at £165 GBP for 11 nights (room 4113), I was slightly disappointed at this as we later found out you could get it for £80 for 2 weeks if you book it through Thomson's, I tried when booking the holiday online to find this option but couldn't on Thomson's online website.

Room:
We arrived at the room and was pleasantly surprised. It was a spacious room with all mod cons, the air conditioning was amazing and never let us down, the room had a large screen LCD TV with a number of English channels, there was a queen size bed that was really comfy, we never had a bad nights sleep. A pair of sliding wooden doors separated the adults bedroom from the children's x 2 single beds. Off the balcony was the swim up pool, this was a good novelty and did keep the children entertained, on our next visit I don't think we'd upgrade though as the novelty soon wears off.

I was really disappointed with the safe in the room. Me and the wife both have expensive items that we would of liked to keep in the safe but on first inspection of the safe we noticed it wasn't screwed down at all and you could of just walked out the room with it if desired. I reported this to the cleaner who later returned with a maintenance guy to screw it down. He left the room saying it was now screwed and all complete, on my inspection I noticed the guy had only put 1 screw in hence the safe was not correctly secured and you could still quite easy move it about and pivot it on the one screw.
We gave up on the idea of the safe and started hiding all expensive items in places you wouldn't really look.

2 days later we returned to our room to find the cleaner had been in and left but also left the door open. There is no doubt in my mind that this was malicious but just a general error. I felt with this I needed to tell the Thomson rep Em J about our issue with the safe and also the issue with the door, her reply was she would sort it asap. Nothing ever happened about this and the safe stayed the same through out the 11 night stay.

Hotel Facility's:

The hotel is set out very well, there's nothing you could say bad about it, the main pool is a perfect temperature and a good depth for ages 6 years old up, below that you have the baby pool. The aqua park is great fun our kids (6 years & 10 years) loved it and were very sad to leave, the slides are also great fun for the adults especially the Flow Rider that is a excellent experience and well worth trying. The pool bars & daytime snacks are really good also and just right to fill a gap if required.

Entertainment:
For the kids the entertainment is good, again my kids loved it, for the adults the day time activities provided by the reps was good but at night there wasn't enough going off, after the kids entertainment on the outdoor stage there's a show on but this is repeated after a week so if your there for longer than a week expect to see the same act, some are quite good like the magician/comedian & fire dances & Chinese acrobats, the rest are below average to be honest.

If your looking for a cooler night then there's the air conditioned reception bar but when it comes to seating and entertainment this is very lame, there's also a performance act on nightly but again not up to much, the girl singer has an amazing voice but looks like she really doesn't want to be there and latterly sings 5 songs then it's over.
This hotel really does need to do something more adult based, the kids are happy to do there own thing at night so this leaves the adults quite bored.

Food:
The meal hall caters for all types of tastes and has a really good selection and just what you'd expect from a all inclusive, they do different themed nights again offering you different selections of food. The American/Asian restaurant is a nice touch but one visit per family free is not enough, I feel this should be doubled at least.
I can't pin point it to any exact meal or drink but I had sickness & diarrhoea along with stomach cramps on two occasions, my wife had stomach cramps twice also, on all occasions we'd had our meals from the main dining hall.

Cleanliness:
The cleanliness of this hotel is to a very high standard, you constantly see the staff cleaning, the pools are crystal clear the rooms as immaculate & public toilets are too.

Staff:
Again not a bad word can be said, such a friendly bunch of staff.

For us there was one guy that stood out well above the rest, Nabil Diab the day time large pool waiter and outdoor night time waiter, this guy is a natural and really did entertain us, he made our holiday, he spares time for everyone as well as doing his job so well, Nabil if you read this thank you so much!!!

Overall:
We had a couple of issues that I feel you'd always get hence the rating of 4 star, if these issues wasn't present I would of rated this 5 star, we all came away with smiling faces that for me says it all.

We will return to the Coral Sea Aqua Club and will be recommending to friends & family.

Room Tip: Next time I'd be asking for a room based at the main pool ground floor, this would be a better o...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank sls19800
Dear Guests,

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bucks
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Third time back to the hotel which says a lot in the first place. Throughout the year planning to go back I was constantly in contact with Mahmoud Sweedan(Reservations) with who became a close friend of. He organised everything that we could have wanted from the collection from airport in a limo to having managed to secure the same room three years running. The amount of guest that pass through the hotel in a year must be numerous but on arrival the same faces met us at reception and yet still recognised us from the previous year,everybody from front of desk, to poolside attendants,waiters,cleaning staff and the spa personnel.

Arrival at the room( family exec suite) found a large bowl of fruit on the dresser, dressing gowns and slippers on the bed, to some this may be something trivial but to us it meant a lot and a personal touch from the hotel meant so much.

Recognition of all the staff who carried out their duties with such professionalism is far too many to mention as one and all there have somehow found a place in our hearts with the kindness and willingness to please one and all throughout the holiday. A few names to mention and thank are as follows:- Mahmoud Sweedan, Nabil from the pool bar, Wael our room cleaner who did a fantastic job in the room, Mahmoud(poolside supervisor) and all of his staff from the pool and the Waverider, the restaurant staff who kept the drinks flowing constantly without even asking for one,

Yet again we decided to have the spa treatment of 6 massages throughout our stay ranging from thai ,lomi lomi, deep tissue, and honey, all of which were fantastic. We cannot thank those in the Spa who made us feel welcome and try to meet our every needs.- thank you one and all.

If there was one bit of the stay that did not meet our expectations was the treatments that we had in the Beauty Salon as on previous stays there we decided no to have any but on this occasion thought we would give it a go........however it is our opinion that for the money that we paid the treatment we received did not give us the wow factor.On that pretense we would not use again.

Overall a fantastic experience yet again and are booking again for next year.

Room Tip: None....they are all good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Brian W
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your 3rd stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your 4th holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the first time i have been to egypt andi have to admit it was well worth waiting for. myself and my partner had a week break in april and it was the best experience of our holiday life.. we had a swim up room and would recommend paying extra for this. early morning swim every morning to get myself going. the food was out of this world,something to choose from every sitting. the staff ae amazing .we had geat times with amr our personnel waiter at the top bar. nice and pieceful just outside our room without fighting for sunbeds but still able to swim in main pool if needed.amr was absolutely brill and very frindly and efficient with tending to ur needs .top man. all the staff were amazing and my review would be so long and drawn out if i highlighted them all. they are all just amazing. my only negative is that we had our photos taking by hotel photographer. did not touch up pictures as he said he would and im home with a picture clock that has never worked. very dissappointing as they were really good photos. we also spent a lot of money in the hotel jewellery shop where we thought without hassle were buying top quality goods but on returning home have discovered a few pieces that especially made for us very poor cheap metal.also very dissapointing. have contacted the hotel with my greaviences but nothing been done about it. would love to return in the future for another truelly amazing holiday well worth a visit.

Room Tip: swim up room a must
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank juliette m
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived end of May for 10 nights at the Coral Sea and asked for a room on the sunny side just before we left we were happy as that's what we were given. We were given a room on the ground floor activity pool side room 5110 which was a standard family room which was massive and kept very clean by our cleaner Bebo. Wasn't sure about the location of the room at first thought it may be a bit to noisy in the day but it wasn't at all. In the mornings after 8am i would just open our patio doors and throw the towels on the sun beds. (Plenty to choose from and pool attendants are happy to bring out more if there isn't) Was so lovely to be chilling round the pool and being able to escape from the heat and run into our room for a blast of air conditioning and being near to our own toilet. Bed was massive and the first bed i have slept in abroad which not rock hard, not soft either in fact just right. I am so impressed with the amount of life guards that are on duty around the pool and slides never have seen this before.They are so on the ball and the life guards round by the slides are happy to go on with you. Our 11yr old son went on the flow rider for the first time and fell off, the life guard went on with him the second time and after that he had mastered it to the point he was waving his hands in the air and doing dance moves, fantastic chaps. The majority of the staff cannot do enough for you and you, and you dont feel like you have to tip them as they do not expect it. We tipped those that went the extra mile a £1 here and there. We took lots of pound coins with us and mainly used English money which they prefer. The hotel was just right in the sense of size and lay out, nothing was to far away to get to without it feeling that everything was on top of us. We went to the beach a couple of times which is accessed via the Holiday Village Hotel across the road. Coral Sea Aqua club is far nicer so we defiantly picked the right hotel out of the two. There are a few shops in the hotel that dont hassle you to go in to buy, or haggle. We did visit some of the shops outside and found it a bit annoying but that;'s just me hate the hassling & haggling stuff but understand that they are only trying to make a living. Back onto the hotel the spa people did introduce themselves to me on our first morning trying to get into a conversation with you but i politely told them that i was not interested in having any treatments at all during my holiday so they left me alone and never asked me again. There was a free digital safe in the room and mini bar. The mini bar is not part of the AI package so i asked them to remove the contents of the fridge which they did. Would have been a lovely touch to have the use of a mini bar in the AI package. The food in the buffet restaurant was ok not the best AI food i have experienced but having said that i never went hungry. Service for drinks was a little slow at times and never enough spoons at breakfast which includes teaspoons. We had one teaspoon for 3 of us that were drinking tea/coffee to share most mornings but if you ask a waiter they will get you what you need. I was surprised that ice cream was not available in the buffet restaurant for most of the sittings (lunch time & evenings) for a family hotel, would be nice to have some ice cream on the side of your plate with all those cake type puddings that were on offer. Only a few nights in our 10 night stay ice cream was on offer and served by a chef! We went to the American restaurant which was really nice. Noticed that there was quite alot of people around wearing gold wrist bands, these are for the guests that have been more than 3 times and some had visited this hotel 6 times! They all spoke so highly of the hotel and i must admit for what i paid to come here i got very good value for money so would most defiantly come here again. Weather was fantastic so all in all had a lovely holiday made some nice friends and the staff are amazing. Keep up the good work just a few little tweaks like ice cream and free mini bar would be great! May see you again next year Coral Sea Aqua Club.

Room Tip: room 5110 right next to the activity pool sunny side is a must and i will be requesting this room ag...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!