Just returned from Coral Sea after spending a week there with my wife. The transfer from the airport was around 20 minutes and the rep who escorted us to the hotel was very informative about the resort/hotel. On arrival which was after midnight the bars and restaurans had closed. However the reception staff were very welcoming and provided us with a packed lunch of three varieties of sandwiches, some salad and fruits and a bottle of water. We were escorted to our room and there was a bell boy service. Our room was very spacious and we had a high room with a pool view as we requested. We were twice offered a free room upgrade by the reception staff (a swim up room) but we declined as we prefer a high room. Two all inclusive bottles of water were left in our room each day. The mini bar has a charge but did not see the point in using this as the drinks are all inclusive downstairs. The room had a safe and a hair dryer. It had air con which we used most of the time as it was very hot. The king size bed was nice and comfortable. The towel art was a nice touch.
Nabq bay is a quiet resort and is still being built upon. I would be interested to see how it looks in the next five years. There is already a mcdonalds, burger king, starbucks, TGI Fridays near the hotel as well as a Hard Rock Cafe and some indian and chinese restaurants. Metro supermarket is just past the Hard Rock Cafe and is very cheap. All of Nabq Bay accept english or egyptian currency including Soho Square. The ice bar at Soho Square is worth a visit.
In short as there are far too many good points to raise about this hotel. The staff are the best group of staff we have ever met on a holiday abroad. They are extremely friendly and go that extra mile to ensure you have a good holiday. This includes the reception staff, the lifeguards, the restaurant/bar staff, security and the cleaning staff. I have to especially mention Mustaffa who is a lifeguard. Very very nice man. The restaurants have a good variety of foods and there is always something you can find to eat. We tried the American and the Asian restaurant and enjoyed the three course meals we had at each of them. The stone grill restaurant is worth a visit even though this is not all inclusive. We found the experience of cooking our own steak at the table an experience in itself and this was amusing. We only paid £20 for a steak meal, a dessert and a drink each. A bottle of water and bread rolls were complimentary.
Areas for improvement:
-to somehow try to cool the steps to the slides as they are very hot to climb.
-to provide a courtesy room to have a shower for late departures. The spa shower area was fine but my wife finds it easier to open our cases in a bedroom rather than have to keep out what we need and take a separate bag to the spa showers.
- to improve the night time entertainment
I would recommend this hotel to others as we had no problems throughout our stay. My wife and I found the staff to stand out a mile in comparison to other hotels we have stayed at around the world and we have stayed at some very nice places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the dynamic pulse the moment you walk into the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort. It is home to the most prestigious aqua park resort in the fashionable Nabq area on the Red Sea. The aqua park entertains guests with: Boomerang and the Speed/Bowl slides. On top of that, you can race down the multi-laner or go for something calmer like the lazy river. But the real big boy has to be the flowrider ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Southall Travel so you can book your Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Sea Splash Hotel Nabq Bay
- Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay