“fantastic holiday bambridge /crowe”

Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 21 July 2014

just returned from this hotel with our friends what a fabulous hotel spotlessly clean staff are so friendly and work so hard they treat everyone the same whether your fat or slim (not like turkey ) rooms were amazing we had fussy eaters with us and they loved the food entertainment could of been better on a night em-jay was a lovely rep always smilling and would talk to everyone and not for getting coco pops she was lovely aswell the other two could take a leaf out of there book the pools were amazing and the staff s priority was safety around the water never experienced this before when the waves were on they even had life guards in pool the hotel grounds wernt big everything was close by which we liked we hardly left the hotel will be definatley going back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank shirleystebambridge
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

There are newer reviews for Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I know I am a bit late with this review but the amazing time we had has not been forgotten yet. We travelled last year in June 2013. This was our send time in Egypt, we stayed at the Holiday Village the prevoius year but we didn't have such a great experience.
This hotel is very good, so much better than I expected. We had a superior family room, with a double room and a proper separate twin bedroom which was great. The maid look after us very well and we always had bottle water left in our room.
Our two boys had a fantastic time and they loved the pools, specially the slides. It was heaven for us as we didn't have to keep them busy, they were just happy spending hours in the pool. All the staff around the pool was fantastic and they couldn't have done enough for you.
The food was very good and plenty of choice for everybody. The staff at the restaurant again it was fantastic and always smiling.
We are trying to go back this year again as we loved it so much but having trouble finding availabity in August.
Can't wait to see everybody again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank soldemar
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Just back from this hotel 15/7/14. ! Hotel good staff work so hard always smiling. Food superb always plenty of choice. ! Water park is quality. ! Entertainment team were good from 11am until 11pm. ! Em-jay, coco-pop's and Ryan, Courtney all superb. ! And the kid's club my daughter kacey loved it. ! Jo jo jump done a superb job. ! Loved it and would recommend it to anyone with kid's. We've been to Sharm before but this time was the best defiantly be back at some point. !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank jim y

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Firstly I'm abit of a holiday snob I've travelled long haul for my last 3 holidays and they've been too a high standard so this hotel had something to live upto. I read the trip advisor reviews and thought as our first holiday abroad with our 18 month old it had everything we wanted.

The pools are really clean we noticed every morning them been cleaned. We used all of the pools in the day moving between them for abit of variety to keep the little one happy. The baby pool had fab slides and shaded areas. The pirate ship pool was lively and fun we took him to toddle around holding our hands. The wave pool had a nice gentle slop in so he could paddle in the shallow water and walk in to a depth he was happy with. And the big pool which had the music playing and entertainment was nice to take him in for a little float around so he could people watch. I found no issues with there been Chavy bad language I just didn't appreciate been sat next people smoking on sun loungers. It stunk. As for sun loungers we managed to get them everyday no issues as we were always up early with our little boy.however we did watch from our hotel balcony the pool attendants reserving the vast majority before 8am whilst they were setting up for the day before the waterpark was open which annoyed us as some people they did it for turned up well after midday regularly. I also slipped on the pool steps and went totally flat on my bum onto the floor breaking my fall nicely with both elbows done terrific bruises. I found the little rubber swim shoes were a must for pool.

Tipping is basically key to ensuring you get service at this hotel. We tipped on our last day as I believe you tip as at a restaurant AFTER you've received good service not to get good service. The pool waiter couldn't do enough after he got a tip but before that we only saw him every now and then. However those that had tipped you could see there tables overflowing with drinks.

The restaurant waiters were all lovely and friendly. Food was perfectly edible but abit bland not enough flavour for me. Plenty of choice we didn't eAt out once.

Our room wAs nice but on closer inspection some repair work had clearly been done and it just looked abit tatty and not well finished. The bed was like a wooden board very hard and the pillows were awful far to thick for me ( personal choice).

The arrival at reception was chaotic and just didn't work really. We arrived at 10 after a rubbish airport experience (2hrs of farce). In arrival filled in a card handed over to reception told food and drinks avail able downstairs basically the remainder of the Evening Buffett service. Then back to reception to go out front and tell a Porter which bags were ours and he will take you to your room. Went our front to find a man loading all cases on to gold buggy no porter. Back into hotel they have us room directions and then we made our own way, half wAy there bumped into a porter he then proceeded to walk us to our room ( he went past it we corrected him) he then wants a tip. At this point half 10. Get into room no cases and no travel cot as booked. Ring reception yes yes we send cot. Half 11 cases arrive no cot. We give up. We took it up with the rep the next day and straight away a cot arrived.

Our room cleaner was brilliant he gave our little boy a beach ball and everyday we saw him he asked about our holiday and what we thought of his towel art. Every day his towel art got more elaborate my little boy loved it we had a dog, an elephant and a crocodile.

Things that spoilt the stay a little -the annoying spa man trying to get you to book treatments, he would not take no easily. Day 3 our parasol was taken mid morning by the pool attendants for some late pool arrivals as they paid them money to do it whilst we went back to the room for 30 minutes to change the little man after he had a poolside nappy incident. Really peeved me with us needing the shade for an 18 month old and we'd been at the pool with it there and then when we returned it had gone. We complained and the pool attendant just shrugged. We saw them do it numerous times whilst we were there as we were always at the pool early with the little one before it got too hot.

The shame is the hotel I would say go to for families it has everything just tip early. But I just didn't rate the resort or the airport. The resort is clearly expecting a boom as there were half built hotels all over the place it just made it look abit ugly. The airport was disorganised and at the same quite funny to witness. They seemed to literally open to let 6 or 7 flights land or depart within half an hour it's complete bedlam and then close again.

Unfortunately the hotel just didn't have that wow factor good but not wow.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank lilbambiEngland
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly welcome every opportunity to improve.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back; in the meantime if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Myself and my partner have just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel.Well what can i say its our second time here and the hotel is just as brill as the first time we went in Nov 2012.i have no kids but dont be put off thats its a family hotel as couples of all ages go there aswell.
The staff at the hotel are absolutely brilliant the friendliest i have ever met always interacting with the clients of the hotel and will do anything for you,I have to make a special mention to our friend the main pool barman and legend NABIL,you cant miss him always walking around the pool with a full tray of drinks balancing on his hand and wearing a baseball cap,he is the friendliest barman you will ever come across,he is one of the reasons me and partner went back to this hotel to meet up with him again and his mate Ahmed who is now head barman at the British bar next door.
The hotel is very compact with its own waterpark consisting of 7 slides including a space bowl and a flowrider also it has a lazy river which is totally relaxing and a seperate wave pool and a pirate ship wet activity centre for the kids.
The food is very good always plenty of variety from chips,fish,chicken,lamb,pork,rice,curries etc etc.
The rooms are very clean modern and spacious with flat screen TV,tea and coffee making items,a safe and air conditioning free of charge and a hairdrier,we had room 2201 which was a great view looking out onto the lazy river and wave pool this room is a family room.
There are 2 poolside bars and a lobby bar during the day and by night there is the lobby bar and outside arena terrace bar all serving local beer and numerous cocktails and spirits (try the vodka slush its a must).
The hotel itself is in a very good area in Napq bay with shops and supermarkets both to the left and right of the hotel as you walk outside,there is a Mcdonalds,Burger King,KFC and Hard Rock Cafe within minutes of walking to the left of the hotel as you walk outside.There is also a British Bar right outside the hotel to the right,its a modern recently opened brand new bar with 8 HD wall mounted TV,s showing music and sports channels with a party nearly every other night.
Sadly the hotel is not situated on the beach but you are allowed to go across the road and walk through the sister hotel CORAL SEA HOLIDAY VILLAGE down onto their beach and use their sunbeds,you cant use your all inclusive status in that hotel but you can pay 5 english pounds each at their reception and you can have unlimited soft drinks from their beach bar which was great as the temp was in its 40s first 2 weeks of july when we were there and getting hotter.
Now sadly we did find a downside at this hotel and this was the Thomson Entertainment Team as i said we were there 2 weeks and not once were we acknowledged or spoken too by this team they consist of Wreck-It Ryan,Kourtney Crush and MJ,ive never seen such a bunch of miserable moody long faced Kids entertainment team in my life,yes the temp was in its 40 but they still gotta do their job which in my opinion is too interact with the customers whether you have children or not or if your in your 20s or 60s.
Im 41 and my partner is 35 we have no kids but love this hotel, when we went in Nov 2012 the entertainment team was run by 5 Star Entertainment and they were fantastic,but thomson are such a contrast, MJ she i believe is 22 years old,ive never seen such a lethargic,lazy ,sarcastic entertainment member in my life,the others 2 members could dance very well actually but put MJ to shame,she is a total joke.At the beginning of our second week a new team leader came on the scene by the name of Coco Pops,she was very good and tried very hard to whip the others into shape and she did tend to take charge of them which was a pleasant site.
But other than the Entertainment team the hotel is totally amazing and excellent for kids of all ages and couples alike

Room Tip: Family room 2201 overlooking the lazy river and wave pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank SHANE56777

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your 2nd stay; we greatly appreciate comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Thank you also for the recognition of our standards and your kind words about the efficiency and friendliness of our staff; your compliments will definitely be shared with the team.

Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your 3rd visit; please do let us know once you have booked!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently have returned from my stay at Coral Sea Aqua Club in Sharm El Sheikh, I stayed from 27th June - 11th July! I must say the hotel was fab! I went with my boyfriend, his dad and his dad's partner. both couples had our own rooms! My room was 3202, a nice big family room for the two of us as it was the only rooms left. The bed was comfy, we overlooked onto the swim up rooms and the main pool area. Our cleaner was fantastic and always made a great job of cleaning our room and we were always left some fancy towel art! There was a bbq everyday for lunch and there was plenty of snacks In the afternoon, the breakfast, lunch and main evening meals In the restaurant was like a buffet which you just went up and helped yourself to whatever you fancied, The food was tastey and the table service from the staff was excellent. The American a la carte restaurant and the Asian restaurant was outstanding - at the welcome meeting you are given tickets to these restaurants as you are only allowed one visit per week to the restaurants.

The pool area was good, nice big swimming pool with plenty of activities for everyone (although I will crack up if I hear the song "what does the fox say" one more time as it was constantly played at the pool area by the reps) The flumes where amazing although a bit scary. I would also like to say a big thank you to Omar one of the life guards as I cut my toe at the pool area and he was very thorough in cleaning the wound and it's now healing very nicely.

We stayed around the pool area sunbathing for most of our stay as it was just too hot to do much walking around.

The only downside of the hotel was all the night time entertainment was for kids and there was nothing for adults so we did venture out of the hotel a few nights to some local bars and also the wifi which is only available in the reception/bar area did tend to run a bit slow when there was loads of people checking their phones etc.

Apart from that I had a great stay here and I'm already looking forward to coming back in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank LorraineR1989

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more "FAB".

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Without doubt the best holiday i have had! I have been home for 2 weeks and still so sad to be home, i miss Egypt so much!
The people are the friendliest you could find.
Do not have any doubts about this hotel BOOK NOW!
Cannot wait to return

Room Tip: Swim up rooms looked nice, but a standard family room is just as good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Penny-Jane T

Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club and that it was the best holiday you have ever had. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more memorable.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#24 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!