“family holiday”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“family holiday”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

best for families as it has a great water park but music round the pool is far to loud, it's a bit far out so you need a taxi to get to most places but they are not expensive,shuttle bus to sister hotel on beach was very good ran every 30mins, you could you the beach bar at the sister hotel as part of your all inclusive deal

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 15mozza
Hanan H, Public Relations Manager at Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to spend your holiday at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and for taking the time to post your review about your stay. Look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coral Sea Hotels – Resorts – Nile Cruises

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (929)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Holiday 24.07.14 - 05.08.14.

Good Points.......

Food , Cleanliness of Pools and Bed Room ( well done Amir ), Bar Staff ( including reception ) ,met some lovely people ( Richard amd family, Clinton and family, John and family ) that made my holiday and my daughter had a great time which was most important.

Bad Points.......

Getting up early and queing with 20 other + guests to get a sunbed. To find by mid afternoon finally people who placed their towels there finally turn up. I left a pair of sunglasse on sunbed start of the holiday, the next day a guest said to me a life guard asked if they were theirs ( as we sat next to them the day before ) , they said no. I approached the same life guard the next day and didn't know a thing. I also saw on one occassion sunglasses found and the life guard wore them and finally on the last day a pair of sunglasses were picked up and a shirt and stored under the bridge leading to the slides etc. I wonder if my pair were in there but got fed up of asking. The entertainment teams are a pain and try as make as much noise with a convoy of kids which is totally unnecessary. The one and only time I needed some help I asked one of the males in the team and all he said back , " I'm in the entertainment team" , I kind of hoped for direction to where to ask ( silly me ). The bar ......... really bad like an airport ( the worst ever ). Why is it when there is a bar ( unused ) the size of two tennis courts not being used.. Finally tipping - the only place I have ever been and you hardly get a thank you, almost like it is expected. Restaurant - Pointed to a table with no cutlery I waited 5 mins and picked some up from another table not being used and got told off :o(. Russians are rude, flicking cigerettes on staircase and not picking up and having a full on argument 01.00 in the morning when we are trying to sleep. The man who sells bottles of sand, the rudest person I have ever met, I saw many ocassions he mimics people behind their backs if they didn't buy his high prices bottles of sand. I bought one for my daughter and struggled to get my change until I demanded £2 pounds back through principle, hence the sand man never engaged conversation with me again.

I have written many reviews and generally have a soft spot for all hotels I have been to and thought yep I would go back to most which I have done on others, as for this place no go to Jazz Mirabel, Hilton Sharks Bay or even Dreams Beach which all 3-off I have been to consider better.

I thought I would wait a while to write just in case I was being rash but Friday 05.08.14 got back and still think the same.

As for this place and the money I paid for 11 nights I would not go back again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank adrianmeadows186349
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club; we greatly depends on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. ON a positive note, thank you for the recognition of our standards and the friendliness of our team members; your compliments will be shared with the team. Secondly, I was concerned to read that we have dropped the ball in some areas and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Dunbar, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at Coral Sea Aqua Club from 3rd May 2014 and this was our first trip to Egypt. We found the room and all hotel areas to be very clean with the staff constantly maintaining this lovely complex. The staff were all extremely friendly especially Abdul our cleaner for our swim up room and Jamal in the restaurant. Also the pool and bar staff were fantastic and made the holiday very entertaining. Mr Bean in the handbag shop also had some very lovely bags and always had time to chat. We had a swim up room but on the shady side and when we rebook we hope to have one on the sunny side. We found the entertainment team to be welcoming especially Emma Jane and Barry. Would like there to be some entertainment for older kids in the evenings for example a disco as it was mostly aimed at younger kids. Kids Club was excellent especially the Chocolate Party. Would have liked access to a washing machine as we have had in previous hotels but the hotel did provide a laundry service which we did not use as it seemed pricey. We tipped most days in US dollars or Pound Coins and found all of the staff to appreciate this and we did receive a high level of service which made enhanced our holiday. The waterpark with lazy river and slides were excellent and is a big reason why we are rebooking. Thank you again to all the staff who made our holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Helen L
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and that it was the best family holiday. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Please feel free to let us know once you have booked your next holiday; we will do everything we can to make your stay with us even more amazing.

Belfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel was amazing from Thompson reps to hotel staff always askn was everything ok.,.i cudnt say one word of complaint about the place,...from lifeguards to bar staff,pool attendants ,chefs,waiters,room service,were ALL fantastic and friendly this place I would defiantly recommend to family's with children,.we were here for 2weeks and it was honestly the best hotel we've stayed at and will be returning next year

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Big-beady
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and that it was the best holiday you have ever had. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Coral Sea Aqua Club between 13 - 27 July 2014. The first week all was fine. The second week, my girlfriend and myself both came down with dihorrea. I lost 2 days of the holiday in bed, my girlfriend lost 1 day. I starved myself for 24 hours before the flight home so that I was not ill on the journey. I arrived home on the 28 July, still had dihorrea. The 29 July I could not get out of bed. 30 July I returned to work, (I am a soldier), my doctor signed me off work for the rest of the week. He took blood samples, this took nearly 40 mins to achieve as I was so dehydrated. The date is now the 4 Aug and I still have cramps and dihorrea. I booked my holiday with Thompsons. Any advice on what action I can/should be taking?

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Matthew P
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club; we greatly depends on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. I was concerned to read that the food standards did not live up to your expectations and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Preston, United Kingdom

Arrived 24th July - Swim up Room 4109

This was my second visit to Corel Sea Aqua club. A single dad travelling with my daughter 9 and son of 6. Both had a fantastic time last year and they made the decision to travel back there this year. Like others, we have been spoilt with nice holidays, but as a package summer holiday this presses the right buttons. I always read trip advisor and generally balance out peoples reviews. I hope my avarage review and negative comments you read will enable the hotel to make some changes and enable you to make the decision. There is nothing in my review that i didnt mention to guest relations or a Thomson Rep.

This is a very good hotel in many ways. It is very busy during the holiday months, but the group need to look at re-investing to keep it at a high standard. It is looking a little tired in certain areas.

Arriving at hotel, there was no welcome drink and again rushed to the dining room. As others say. It was the leftovers from the evening meals. Very welcome on arrival, but First Impressions count.

Took a long time to get shown to our room. Bags took forever and then we had to wait to have the 2nd bed made up and get enough towels for 3 of us. They know how many people are in the party when it is booked.

Last year we had problems with people getting stuck in the water slides. This year it is worse. I am told it relates to the water pumps failing which would make sense. The water park is key to the hotel, so spend the money and get it fixed.

We had paid the extra for a swim up room which are fantastic. Signs clearly say it is a private pool area, but every day we had people from the rooms above, using the pool. This needs to be controlled in some way. Our room maid, did ask people to leave, but he was totally ignored.

The restaurant waiters were all lovely and friendly. Food was perfectly edible but abit bland on occasions.

The biggest annoyance is the issues that develop from tipping. This causes so many problems. Pay a bit more and you get super service. Try getting a sun lounger at 7am in the morning, you have no chance. I managed to get 2 at 8am on changeover day and set myself up with an umbrella. Left kids on bed and went back to the room for 5 mins. The pool attendant took the umbrella to a couple right next to them. Obviously a big tip paid. I also watched most mornings, towels being laid out in the waterpark area before the gates had opened. That needs to be addressed.

For anyone who cannot earn tips ie the waterpark attendants, the personal service is pretty poor. I took both of mine to the surf simulator. Both mine wanted to learn, he put them on the board and let them go. Both were off within seconds and they were told to Q again. It was only when I confronted him, did he take the time to assist and show them how to do it. I also found a lot of the staff in the waterpark were very rude and had no people skills when communicating.

I will tip for good service, and for someone who excels but I certainly wont tip for something that is included in the holiday.

Beware of the Spa Sell. It is not part of the hotel and is rented by a third party. They hound you around the pool and it is difficult to get rid of them. My daughter wanted her hair braiding and the cost for half a head was £45. Ridiculous. I told them to Jog on and eventually he came back on the last day and offered it for £20. Obviously the Spa was quiet.

Not Related to the Hotel

As you arrive in immigration, it is absolute bedlam. There must be 6 or 7 flights arriving at the same time. Then you notice you are directed to go and pay a $25 charge for immigration at a Thomson desk. Like sheep, most people go and pay it as they think it is required. IT IS NOT NEEDED, and it is certainly not related to Thomson. Then you still have to Q for well over an hour to get through immigration which is madly under staffed.
Tourism must be a massive part of the countries economy. Why cant they get that right for starters.

Out on the street is just hassle. You cant walk 20 feet without being troubled. Taxis stopping all the time, a man with a camel running over to you and in the shops it just becomes painful. Hassle Free - Far from. So be aware of this,

I would say overall the trip was good, it just lacked the wow factor this time and has definately changed from last year. The kids were happy and that is all that matters to me. Our room cleaner was exceptional in every way and was very attentive to everything. He was tipped very well along with several of the bar staff from last year who remebered us. Both A La Carte restaurants are good and service exceptional. Guest services and Thomson reps worked exceptionally hard and deserve a lot of praise in difficult jobs sometimes.

Wi fi is only available in reception which is a nuisance. This year i rented portable WiFi from Falcon Adventures which is just over the road to the left as you come out of the hotel. £20 for the week and gives you 3G from most places in the hotel. They also do some fabulous trips which are a lot less than than with your tour operator. I did the private speedboat, ultimate desert experience and the Dolphins. Gemma and Said - Thank You for the smile you put on the kids faces.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank Dave R
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and concerns about your recent stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club; we greatly depends on our valuable guests feedback and welcome every opportunity to improve. I was concerned to read that we have dropped the ball in some areas and I am sorry you were disappointed. I can advise you however, that your review will be used to consider possible improvements needed and we hope you might give us the chance to show you what we have done.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The first time I have been to sharm and defiantly not the last. I went on holiday with the whole family mother & farther in law, sister in law, nephew (6), family friend, hubby, and daughter (19 months) and I had the most amazing holiday, the weather was amazing (got a lovely tan), the hotel was ok - I say ok as there is room for improvement:
1. As it's all inclusive you shouldn't have to pay for a mini bar.
2. You can only get food and ice cream at certain times in the day when you have kids it's a bit annoying having to keep saying to them it's not time yet.
3. If you want water around the pool area you have to go get it as the men bring drinks around only being beer, shandy or pop.

The entertainment staff are amazing they work so hard credit goes to them over all it was an amazing holiday and plan to go back next year

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Carlyapegg
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for your review; we are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay at the Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort and were satisfied with the overall provided services. Rest assured that your compliments have been gladly shared with the entire team and we do look forward to welcoming you soon again at our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Coral Sea Holiday Village
Coral Sea Holiday Village
#22 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Coral Sea Aqua Club Resort? Share your experiences!