“wonderful, unpretentious, feels like home”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Kiev, Ukraine
“wonderful, unpretentious, feels like home”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We are still here and enjoying our stay very much. In fact this is my 4th stay at this hotel, and everything feels like home already. There were minor inconveniences but we think it's exactly what we should expect for the money we paid.

First thing you need to have in mind before travelling to Egypt is that most 5 star hotels here don't correspond to the 5 star standard you might be used to in Europe or the US. But let's be honest, they also cost a lot less. Radisson Blu in Sharm el Sheikh is the case, and still I recommend it without hesitation. You won't find 5 star luxury here, but if you're looking for an inexpensive, comfortable, cosy & unpretentious hotel with everything you need, go for this one.

Probably the best thing about Radisson is its beautiful & varied territory. The beach is similar to other Egyptian hotels. You can also walk a long promenade beside the beach which starts at Radisson and goes through several neighbouring hotels. In early November the holiday season is still high, but there were always plenty of free sunbeds near the pools and few by the sea. The sea can be accessed through the single pier.

Rooms are spacious enough, furniture a bit old. On our first day we noticed insects which we think is nothing special for a hot country like Egypt and the roomkeeper sprayed something around the whole room. It was quite smelly so we asked for another room and were given one right away. In our new room, for a daily tip of 1 USD the roomkeeper would make pretty creatures of towels on the bed, bring extra bottles of water and teabags, etc.

Regarding food, we felt that the choice was more varied in the previous years. This time the offer was quite basic. Among alcohol, beer is totally drinkable, but if you are used to good wines, you may be disappointed by what they serve to all inclusive guests. There's a really nice restaurant by the beach called Trade Winds.

However, the quality of service visibly improved. The staff is now always there to help, and super-friendly (it wasn't always like that previously) - although we almost never tipped, being all inclusive guests. You also have to remember that 'all inclusive' means that there are still things for which you will be asked to pay for, such as freshly squeezed juices, imported alcohol (domestic is free), dinners outside the main restaurant, etc. This is totally usual for most hotels in Egypt and many other Middle Eastern countries.

Sport facilities are quite important for us. We like it about Radisson that you can play beach volleyball twice a day; also, the tennis courts are free during natural day, you only have to pay if you want to play with lights on.

Another pleasant facility is free wifi which works well throughout the whole area, including rooms & the beach.

Overall, this is a hotel for a quiet, hassle free, enjoyable holiday, also suitable for families with small kids.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eugenia S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southend
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have just returned from this hotel, large clean rooms, service was very good. Food not bad the normal for all inclusiveThe service in the Lobby bar was excellent and the Al la carte Italian restaurant service and food was exceptional thanks to Hafez. The grounds, pools and all the restaurants were great BUT the holiday was made by the staff, it was well worth the odd 50 Egyptian pounds( £5.00) to the cleaner, bar staff and the pool boy and the restaurant staff, to make this a holiday worth remembering

Room Tip: Not the first block as these are too near hotel otherwise all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
carlisle
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have previously stayed in the Reef Oasis Blue Bay that ranks 7 on trip adviser compared to the 56 that Radisson scores. Due to the Radisson being £600 cheaper we booked here, not expecting it to be anywhere near the Blue Bay. (especially after reading some reviews on here!!)

However what a lovely surprise we got.....

Rooms are slightly dated but the seaview room we received was massive, and beds so comfy!!

The grounds, pools, restaurants and beach are all fantastic but the best thing about the hotel by far was the staff..... they made our holiday!! 50 Egyptian pounds (about £5.00) very occasionally to worthy staff members makes sure you are treated like royalty.

My favourite was a young 20 year old waiter on the pool bar called Sameh who I think was new but was fantastic. He became a good friend of my husband and I over the holiday and at the end of my time there we were sad to say goodbye to him...... he made us laugh so much!! Also Rami and Walid were fantastic... All the waiters there were fab including the restaurant staff in the buffet restaurant.

The Crows Nest Bar overlooking the sea was well worth a visit, I am only disappointed that we only discovered this on our last night. It was quiet which surprised us as the location and decor was superb and the waiter on the bar was lovely and made us special cocktails :)

I normally cant stand animation teams in hotels as I feel they normally hassle you. However, Kaka and his animation team were fantastic and so entertaining. My husband played volleyball and beach football twice a day and Kaka was fab on a night with his own fireshow spectacular!!

Miss this place already..... food was varied and lovely ... no sign of "Egyptian tummy" here!!!

Well done Raddison Sharm for making our holiday a holiday to remember!!! Would definately come again!!

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room with double bed ..... also pay the extra for a sea view!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bexter2010
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 5 November 2011

when i went to Sharm in my honey moon my initial booking was at this hotel , attracted by its beautiful web site, but arriving there found out that the hotel is outdated, very poor, rooms were just OK , food was the most terrible that me and my wife could not eat nor lunch nor dinner, restaurant was extreemly dirty, even the table cloth was stained and when i asked a waiter to change it he simply flipped it to the reverse side and placed it again on my table in front of my eyes! oh God I will never forget that all my life. I immediately in the first day looked for another hotel and thanks God I was able to find a nice room elsewhere. I will never go there again even if for free

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank The_Egyptian_Guide
MeinradSchibler, Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for giving us the chance to get your visit feed back

I do regret to know that you were not happy with your stay in December 2010 and I would like to inform you that I have considered your comments in detail. All points have been extensively elaborated to all concerned to assure a better service and sustained level of attentiveness for all our guests. I hope that you will not judge us from this one experience and that you will give us the chance to make it right in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly on my
e-mail address mohamed.gabr@radissonblu.com , should you have any enquiry or need further assistance .

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed 4 November 2011

Great service. Very clean, outstanding food selection. I had my honeymoon here we were treated like king and queen

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank DianeM2011
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you very much for sharing your stay feed back with all our future travelers.

I'm so pleased to know that our service was up to your expectation for a Radisson Blu property. I’m looking forward to hosting you soon again at our own tradition of warm hospitality.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the shores of the Red Sea

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My wife and I were going to have nine nights in Cairo but she was put off by recent disturbances so we split our time between Cairo and Sharm, 4 nights Cairo and 5 in Sharm

Lets get the bad out of the way first, the main pool in the resort was so cold it was a real effort to get in, even as keen swimmers we were put off by this and only swam two mornings, the cost of the airport transfers is too high $30 each way when you can get a taxi for half that, and probably still ripped off.
The good now, the setting is excellent, we upgraded to a deluxe room right on the beach for $20/night, and to all inclusive for the same amount, which we felt was good value.
The service was always good, the room had a few insects in it, which you have to expect in hot countries, but the room cleaner Achmed sprayed the bathroom for us and that sorted the problem on the first day.
The reception, bar and restaurant staff were always pleasant and efficient, nothing was too much bother for them.
The food in the main restaurant was good and there was a decent variety though it tended to be pretty much the same each day, but we only ate anywhere else twice, one lunch in Naama Bay and one dinner in the resort's own Italian restaurant so it was clearly acceptable.
The wind and sea swell stopped us snorkelling as much as we would have liked but when we did manage the pier out to the reef made it very easy to get to a great snorkelling area and the fish and coral to be viewed there I can only describe as spectacular.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Murray M
Dear Guest,

I would like thank you very much for your very positive comments about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh

I do also appreciate your recognition for our team members; it is a reward for their work to make you a wonderful holiday.

Please accept my warmest regards and we are most looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your permanent vacation destination in Sharm El Sheikh.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Just returned from the radisson blu in Nabq. Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, very nice food with good choice. Plenty to do, great facilities. A special thank you to Ab Salam and Marwa, made our holiday very enjoyable. Would definitely return!
Thanks Mat & Kate(bo bo's)

• Stayed November 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#58 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#71 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!