“Lovely winter holiday destination!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely winter holiday destination!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Just returned from a fab week at the Radisson Blu in Sharm. Having never been to Egypt before, or to an all inclusive resort, I was unsure what to expect, especially after having read some of the reviews.......... but I was pleasantly surprised!
Beautiful resort! We arrived at night and so didn't get to appreciate the greenery and surroundings until the next day. Very lush and picturesque - especially in comparison to other hotels seen in the area. Gorgeous pool and lovely sized private beach - not crammed together!!
Rooms were comfortable and spacious and the whole resort was kept very clean. We became particularly fond of the 'island' by the pool, but be warned, other guests claim the sun loungers very early by putting their towels out!
Entertainment was good, but low key and so be prepared for fairly quiet evenings if you plan to stay in the Hotel at night.
Good variety of food for all inclusive - most people should find something that they like. I can imagine this can become a little repetitive if you stayed for a long period of time, but for a week it was perfect. TIP - You can only get bottles water at dinner and from the Lobby Bar in the evenings. At other times it is bottles water by the glass - so stock up!
Staff very friendly and would always go out of their way to help.

We wanted a comfortable all inclusive resort for a week in the sun and this was perfect!! We're think of returning again next year :)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lexicles222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We have just got back from a fantastic week at the Radisson Blu in Sharm. Normally, at the end of the holiday you are ready to go home but I would have happily stayed another week or more because we had such a great holiday!

The thing that really made our holiday was the staff! Excellent service and great fun, anything we needed was conjured up in seconds. If your drink was nearly finished, another one magically appeared in its place - without even asking for it! Particular thanks go to Mahmoud the pool attendant, Magdy and the team at the pool bar, Bedar and Mohammed in the restaurant and of course KaKa and the animation team! (I usually avoid the animation teams on holiday but KaKa and the crew were so much fun! Thank you).

The other thing that made this holiday was the beautiful landscaped gardens. It was so peaceful with gorgeous tropical flowers and little waterfalls everywhere (fake waterfalls but pretty none the less). It felt like we were in the Carribean rather than Egypt. Total relaxation.

The food was fantastic. I've read a few reviews on here saying how poor the food was but I think they need a wake up call because there was a massive selection of freshly grilled meats, salads, breads, pastries, hot food buffet, pasta and desserts - so much food to choose from!! The actual quality of the food was excellent and we were very impressed with the food hygiene displayed by the chefs (e.g. lots of changes of gloves throughout food prep).

I'll be honest - our room needed updating a bit but everything functioned properly (especially the air conditioning!) and considering we were just using it as a crash pad, it didn't really bother us. The beds were so comfortable though and the room was kept spotlessly clean. Our patio doors however opened up into an absolutely gorgeous view of the gardens and pool area with beautiful tropical flowers, butterflies and dragonflies fluttering all over the place which more than made up for a slightly outdated room. To be fair, we made friends with another English couple out there who had a really lovely room but they had paid a lot more money than us so it seemed logical. Overall, we were very happy.

We are already planning another visit to the Radisson Blu next year but this time we will stay for 2 weeks! Overall I would highly recommend this hotel!

Thank you to everyone at the Hotel for giving us such a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the pool and gardens as the view is much more picturesque than the beach.
1 Thank warno911
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Firstly the rating, 3* at best.
This hotel is not all inclusive as I know it.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner buffets only with nothing available to eat after 9.30pm. The food in general was ok. The a la carte restaurants had to be paid for. If you wanted bottled water after and before certain times they had to be paid for. The mini fridge had to be paid for. There was no tea/coffee facility in the room. No-one had stomach issues besides me on day 1, which I put down to the prepared breakfast fruit and avoided for the rest of the time.
The hotel itself was ok, bit tatty in places and the rooms were tired and dated but everything worked. Cleaning of rooms was less than acceptable. Beds comfortable. No entertainment to speak of, besides the empty disco and the odd guitar player. The piped music on a continuous loop was annoying after a few days. The 'high speed' Internet was rubbish and only available in the reception area. WiFi issues constantly.
Pool was freezing cold and not used by many, beach was rough sand/shale with a good snorkelling reef accessed by the pier.
Hotel is geared up for Russians we thought, who kept themselves to themselves but you would think they'd never seen food...kind of typical Russian on holiday. Few UK or Europeans around.
Staff worked hard. Good work Max in the buffet, ask for a pay rise and keep an eye on Kassem.
It was overall okay value for money.
Travelled 10-17 November 2011.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fair-Reviewer1966
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We are still here and enjoying our stay very much. In fact this is my 4th stay at this hotel, and everything feels like home already. There were minor inconveniences but we think it's exactly what we should expect for the money we paid.

First thing you need to have in mind before travelling to Egypt is that most 5 star hotels here don't correspond to the 5 star standard you might be used to in Europe or the US. But let's be honest, they also cost a lot less. Radisson Blu in Sharm el Sheikh is the case, and still I recommend it without hesitation. You won't find 5 star luxury here, but if you're looking for an inexpensive, comfortable, cosy & unpretentious hotel with everything you need, go for this one.

Probably the best thing about Radisson is its beautiful & varied territory. The beach is similar to other Egyptian hotels. You can also walk a long promenade beside the beach which starts at Radisson and goes through several neighbouring hotels. In early November the holiday season is still high, but there were always plenty of free sunbeds near the pools and few by the sea. The sea can be accessed through the single pier.

Rooms are spacious enough, furniture a bit old. On our first day we noticed insects which we think is nothing special for a hot country like Egypt and the roomkeeper sprayed something around the whole room. It was quite smelly so we asked for another room and were given one right away. In our new room, for a daily tip of 1 USD the roomkeeper would make pretty creatures of towels on the bed, bring extra bottles of water and teabags, etc.

Regarding food, we felt that the choice was more varied in the previous years. This time the offer was quite basic. Among alcohol, beer is totally drinkable, but if you are used to good wines, you may be disappointed by what they serve to all inclusive guests. There's a really nice restaurant by the beach called Trade Winds.

However, the quality of service visibly improved. The staff is now always there to help, and super-friendly (it wasn't always like that previously) - although we almost never tipped, being all inclusive guests. You also have to remember that 'all inclusive' means that there are still things for which you will be asked to pay for, such as freshly squeezed juices, imported alcohol (domestic is free), dinners outside the main restaurant, etc. This is totally usual for most hotels in Egypt and many other Middle Eastern countries.

Sport facilities are quite important for us. We like it about Radisson that you can play beach volleyball twice a day; also, the tennis courts are free during natural day, you only have to pay if you want to play with lights on.

Another pleasant facility is free wifi which works well throughout the whole area, including rooms & the beach.

Overall, this is a hotel for a quiet, hassle free, enjoyable holiday, also suitable for families with small kids.

1 Thank Eugenia S
Southend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

I have just returned from this hotel, large clean rooms, service was very good. Food not bad the normal for all inclusiveThe service in the Lobby bar was excellent and the Al la carte Italian restaurant service and food was exceptional thanks to Hafez. The grounds, pools and all the restaurants were great BUT the holiday was made by the staff, it was well worth the odd 50 Egyptian pounds( £5.00) to the cleaner, bar staff and the pool boy and the restaurant staff, to make this a holiday worth remembering

Room Tip: Not the first block as these are too near hotel otherwise all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
carlisle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We have previously stayed in the Reef Oasis Blue Bay that ranks 7 on trip adviser compared to the 56 that Radisson scores. Due to the Radisson being £600 cheaper we booked here, not expecting it to be anywhere near the Blue Bay. (especially after reading some reviews on here!!)

However what a lovely surprise we got.....

Rooms are slightly dated but the seaview room we received was massive, and beds so comfy!!

The grounds, pools, restaurants and beach are all fantastic but the best thing about the hotel by far was the staff..... they made our holiday!! 50 Egyptian pounds (about £5.00) very occasionally to worthy staff members makes sure you are treated like royalty.

My favourite was a young 20 year old waiter on the pool bar called Sameh who I think was new but was fantastic. He became a good friend of my husband and I over the holiday and at the end of my time there we were sad to say goodbye to him...... he made us laugh so much!! Also Rami and Walid were fantastic... All the waiters there were fab including the restaurant staff in the buffet restaurant.

The Crows Nest Bar overlooking the sea was well worth a visit, I am only disappointed that we only discovered this on our last night. It was quiet which surprised us as the location and decor was superb and the waiter on the bar was lovely and made us special cocktails :)

I normally cant stand animation teams in hotels as I feel they normally hassle you. However, Kaka and his animation team were fantastic and so entertaining. My husband played volleyball and beach football twice a day and Kaka was fab on a night with his own fireshow spectacular!!

Miss this place already..... food was varied and lovely ... no sign of "Egyptian tummy" here!!!

Well done Raddison Sharm for making our holiday a holiday to remember!!! Would definately come again!!

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room with double bed ..... also pay the extra for a sea view!!
2 Thank bexter2010
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

when i went to Sharm in my honey moon my initial booking was at this hotel , attracted by its beautiful web site, but arriving there found out that the hotel is outdated, very poor, rooms were just OK , food was the most terrible that me and my wife could not eat nor lunch nor dinner, restaurant was extreemly dirty, even the table cloth was stained and when i asked a waiter to change it he simply flipped it to the reverse side and placed it again on my table in front of my eyes! oh God I will never forget that all my life. I immediately in the first day looked for another hotel and thanks God I was able to find a nice room elsewhere. I will never go there again even if for free

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank The_Egyptian_Guide
MeinradSchibler, Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for giving us the chance to get your visit feed back

I do regret to know that you were not happy with your stay in December 2010 and I would like to inform you that I have considered your comments in detail. All points have been extensively elaborated to all concerned to assure a better service and sustained level of attentiveness for all our guests. I hope that you will not judge us from this one experience and that you will give us the chance to make it right in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly on my
e-mail address mohamed.gabr@radissonblu.com , should you have any enquiry or need further assistance .

Thanks and best regards

Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#93 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,088 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!