“Diving holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Diving holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Just back from the radisson blu after a two week stay, lovely place the grounds are imaculate and constantly tended to,the lay out is beautiful. the rooms are cleaned every day and clean towels. They have pleanty of space as well. The beach is nice and there was always room with access to a beautiful coral reef , mahmoud the guy in charge of towels is so helpful gets you a bed and basically anything else you ask for.
The diving club is well organised and they just got a load of brand new gear, the diving sites them selves are a bit touristy! but the dive sites themselves are worth seeing plenty of wildlife and nice coral.The food at the hotel was fine and the waiters are on the ball. The hotel entertainment is a bit wanting though ok for families with small children but boring for teens!
Overall i would recomend this hotel i will go back thats for sure.

Room Tip: Try and get a room close to the beach unless you have small children as the grounds are spread out.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank s m
Anwar H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,
I do really appreciate your feed back and would like to thank you for taking time to inform other travelers about your stay at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm EL Sheikh

It made my day to know that you have enjoyed your stay and we succeeded to assure your satisfaction during your visit. I will share your comments with the rest of our team members with your employee's recognition. I’m looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your second home in Sharm EL Sheikh.

Warm greetings from the Shores of the Red Sea

Anwar Hawary, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

what a great time we had at the radisson blu, from the moment we checked in ,the staff were fantastic,the room was lovely and spacious,and cleaned everyday,the food at the hotel was good with a wide range of choice,also thier is an italian resturant called olivio's and the food there is very good although it is a extra charge(small charge that is ).the staff at the bars are friendly and helpfull .the entertainment was by the animation team and they work tirelessly,from about ten in the morning till the early hours,the shows in the evening were funny and inventive, moo,kaka jimmy ,fox ,miz.mido,and alex and paige, we thank you for the laughter and fun we had during our stay,we as an older couple were never left out and never hassled to join in, we had a wonderful stay,and will certainly return,

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank gary o
Dear Guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to express my utmost appreciation for your nice feedback about your recent holiday at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.
Our biggest challenge is to “Do Things Right” and ,Our goal is to make our guests, repeat guests. It is very gratifying for the Radisson Blu family to read throughout your comments and see that we reach our goal !

It gives me great pleasure to tell you that we can’t wait to have you back to our own tradition of warm hospitality.
Until then, kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

The hotel and staff were fantastic. We received first class service every single day of our holiday. would definetly return.

The staff at the holiday went out of their way to make our holiday a memorible one. The faclities were fantastic however for us it was the hotel staff that made the holiday extra special.

Fantastic destination, hotel and people.

Room Tip: The rooms furtherest away from the hotel enterance and narest to the beach offer the best views, how...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank reena s
Dear Guest,
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your positive comments as your satisfaction is our reward
It’s a great pleasure for us, that all our team could make you and your friends a memorable stay with us here and your very lovely, praising words are highly appreciated.

We hope, we will host you all soon again at our resort for having another enjoyable and fantastic time with us.

Holywell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Spent 14 nights at the Radisson Blu June into July with my girlfriend. Thanks to the advice on trip advisor we e-mailed the hotel about a week before leaving asking for a room on the second floor (I'm told 1st floor to them means ground floor) with a sea view. The hotel emailed back almost immediately saying that they would do all that they could to accommodate the request - we arrived and were taken by golf buggy to a room on the second floor with a sea view! Perfect start!

ROOM
The rooms are big and spacious and the beds are massive! Great balcony too where we had a few drinks watching the sun go down before heading for dinner. Television has BBC World News and Euronews, but let's face it you're not on holiday to stay in your room and watch the box!!

Bathroom again was spacious, careful when you're going for a shower though because there didn't seem to be hot water as it got later in the day! The sink's plug was a bit pointless as the water slowly disappeared when it was suppose to stay in the bowl...

The air conditioning was a very welcome relief when you'd been out in 100+ degrees weather. One day this was leaking water and after contacting reception a handyman was there to fix it, which he did and we didn't have trouble with it again.

The cleaner also did animal sculptures with the towels and left them on the bed - he did always look out for tips though and when I gave him tips he never said thank you and was always looking for more...a bit rude and to the point I stopped giving him pounds here and there as I thought he was a bit ungrateful for what he got.

ENTERTAINMENT
The animation team work tirelessly and very long hours! They make themselves known and were always coming around to talk to us. However, as pleasant as they were they did try and hassle you to going to parties with them and taking you out clubbing a lot! As we're in our 20s they must have thought we'd just gone there to go out and treat it like Ibiza and not for the relaxing reasons we wanted to go there.

FOOD & DRINK
Big letdown. Food in Olivio's restaurant is poor and some nights we had next to nothing to eat. We did go out a few times to eat and you can go to the a la carte italian restaurant - although when we went it seemed closed and not many people go there. They did open up and the food was excellent - this is extra although it is cheap. Waiters and barmen always remember you, again they will try and hassle you to go to their Arab themed nights etc. but all in all they work very long hours and have always got a smile on their faces.

OUTDOORS
Can't fault the hotel at all. The gardens are fantastic and well looked after. Plenty of sun loungers and Mohammed at the towel cabin was always happy to bring new towels and put them on the beds each and every day. The pool is large and there's plenty of room - really good.

STAFF
Apart from the hassling to get a bit more money out of our pockets, the staff were always smiling, helpful and very hard working. They love the British there and are always looking to have a chat with you and make sure everything they can do to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible is being done.

OVERALL
This is a really nice hotel, from great rooms to fantastic grounds. Staff will do all they can to make sure you have a great time. The food does let the hotel down and if this was rectified I think the hotel would be close to being perfect.

Room Tip: E-mail the hotel a week or so before you go on holiday - they're really helpful and will do what...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Holdinhosa87
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your valuable comments regarding your recent holiday at our Radisson Blu Resort .

We appreciate your positive feedback for the resort overall ,and especially our staff and services, but we really regret, that our gastronomy offers in some areas could meet your expectations as our Chefs are always trying to fulfill our dear customers’ requirements by even preparing additionally individual dishes for our client’s needs to ensure their satisfaction.
We hope to welcome you next year again at our resort to spend another relaxing time with us here.

Amman, Irbid, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I just spent 4 days at this lovely resort with my 8 year old son. Let me start by saying that I travel so extensively for business that I have become a bit of a hotel snob. And this Radisson is aging a bit and the rooms are a tad shabby.

BUT when you come to a sea resort, the last place you want to be is in your room and this hotel DID live up to expectations in terms of pools, spa, diving facilities and restaurants.

The pools are amazing. The jetty is wonderful and such wonderful sea life to see when snorkeling at the reef right in front of the hotel. The food was AWESOME. I mean, seriously, our last night they had well made, authentic gnocchi on the buffet. We had great pizza at Il Grotto. For anyone who has spent time in Cairo or Alexandria, you know the hotel food is hit and miss ( I shudder to remember a trip once where I lived on chocolate bars to avoid the hotel fool). But this Radisson is really something.

The staff is so friendly. I want to give my special thanks to Marwa at the lobby bar and Mohammed Abu Sattar at the front desk for being so kind and helpful.

Finally, a word of warning: I had heard that there is a scam in Sharm where shops will salvage empty sunblock bottles left by tourists and fill them with plain lotion and then resell them at exorbitant prices as new sunblock. When I realized we were running low on sunblock, for this reason, I intentionally went to a pharmacy to buy. And guess what? A few hours later, I was burned to a crisp, and blistered by the next morning. Even the pharmacies are running the scams. The front desk staff connected me to a doctor with a pharmacy and I was finally able to get 100 SPF sunblock, but by then the damage was done. So for anyone visiting Sharm... Bring your own, and bring plenty! With temps exceeding 40 Celsius/100 Fahrenheit, you will need it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Henny2010
Dear Guest,

I would like to cordially thank you for issuing a superb review about your recent visit and I’m very happy to know that our resort was up to your expectations for a wonderful holiday.

I will be very delighted to host you soon again here at your second home away from home .

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

My 14 year old son and I just wanted somewhere quiet to crash out and chill - the Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm, was ideal for us. We have been to Sharm for the last 5 years, and I plan to go back to this hotel next year.

Remember - you get what you pay for.

It is a bit 'out of the way', at the far end of Nabq, so you will need a Taxi to go into town, if thats your sort of thing. There is a small shopping arcade just over the road. We used the hotels airport transfer service - a bit pricey at 30 USD each way (total, not PP) - but it was on time and no hassle.

Like many others, we took the B&B package, but upgraded to All Inclusive when we got there - this included all local drinks, lunch and evening meal AT THE BUFFET RESTAURANT (drinks anywhere) - this is in common with some other AI packages, where the a la carte restaurants are excluded. The a la carte's do give you 25% discount, are not busy, and not expensive. We actually went four times to the a la cartes, as the burgers, pizzas and steaks are great.

Id like to quote Karen& Jims review, as I agree entirely with everything they said, including Osamaa on the beach and Ahmed in the Italian (I think we must have been there the same time - last two weeks of July). Also - word for word "I've seen poor reviews for the food at the main restaurant, but I can't say we felt the same way. There was always fresh local fruits & veg, and Hot Counters that made up fresh omlettes / eggs / pancakes in the morning, and pasta's + roast in the evening. " Addiionally, there is a different theme every night, repeating weekly - you can get great sushi on the oriental night, and great BBQ on whatever night that is.

It was quiet in the evening, although there is 'Animation' from 21:30, but it didnt seem very well attended - not a problem for us, as we didnt want noise. There is a beach party every Saturday, and this is the only time we heard loud music as our room was 'on' the beach/ some testing during the afternoon. Because our room was on the beach, its a 'long walk' to reception/buffet dining room (well, it feels like it when the evening temperatures are still around 38C). Of course, its then 'no walk' from the beach to the room!.

The hotel facilities were great, clean and tidy - there was some small building work going on at one of the out of the way blocks, but this was only around breakfast time, and we werent distracted by it. Landscaping was nice, with lawns and plants regularly watered; there is a 'water feature'/waterfall ares flowing through the gardens - this was on mostly during the day, but would have been nice to have it on a bit later at night/illuminated. There was one occurence of some of the garden being burned somewhere - we couldnt see where, but for about 30 minutes, the pool area was covered with a layer of smoke just before evening meal.

Our room was in excellent condition, with 'towel scupltures' done every day for the first week. Cleaned and refreshed daily, drinking water bottles supplied also daily. On arrival, the TV didnt work, but was fixed immediately, supplying a range of internationl channels, including English movies.

The second week of our stay was Ramadan, when most of the staff cannot consume food or drink until sunset; as such, opening times of the restaurants were pushed back by 30 minutes; if you travel when Ramadan is on, be sympathetic! Evern then, we didnt have any service problems, which is great.

The area does suffer from regular power outages between 18:45 and 19:30, of a few minutes each time, but it just adds to the fun.

Other reviewers have commented on the spa - we didnt try this, but you will get asked (on several occasions) to try it out; you may even get a 'free' treatment on the beach to remove hard skin, or have your eyebrows plucked. Some may find this offensive - be polite and firm, and you wont be hassled.

Over the road, is the Park Inn - a member of the same hotel chain. It has a water park, which my son was interested in. The use of this is unclear, as I thought it was advertised as free for our use. Asking at our reception, we were told it was 100 Egyptian / 50 Egyptian for half day. One evening, we walked over the road to check it out. We were challenged as to why we were there (good/bad depending on your view) before we even entered reception. On entering reception, half the staff didnt seem to know there was a water park, but eventually someone was found to show it to us. As it was dark, we couldnt actually see what it was like, but it didnt feel like a fun experience, so we didnt bother going.

As with many Sharm resorts, the sea swimming is great if you want to snorkel/dive, but you have to be prepared to walk over the 'jetty' which takes you over the coral shelf. At the end of the jetty was a lifegaurd on duty, as well as red/green flag. Waves a bit choppy in the morning, so red flag until about 10:30. Lifeguards very fastidious, as they're there to protect the environment as well, and dont like people walking out too far on the coral shelf at low tide. There are small 'lagoon' areas (big puddles) on the shelf at low tide, which are nice to cool off in.

My biggest tip, is, of course, to tip; Tip in advance to enjoy the service - make acquaintences with a beach/pool towel attendant, pay in advance a good amount, and your spot will be prepared for you every day. Do the same with a waiter, and your glass will always be topped up. Do the same with the room cleaner, and you will have water to your room. Do the same (I hope) with whoever is on beach-bar duty, and your drink will brought to you regularly. Overall, respect the guys who are serving you, and they will respect you.

Finally, remember that this is an international hotel, and Brits will be in the minority; some visitors arent very good at queueing, or moving out of your way, so make allowances for them, and dont let it spoil your holiday.

PS - If you do see Osamaa at the Beach Bar, ask him how his Diablo training is going....

Room Tip: Be a member of Radisson/Carlson's Gold Points reward scheme.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank andygodber
Dear Guest,
Upon this opportunity we would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review regarding your recent vacation at our Radisson Blu Resort and for highly recommending the same.

It’s such a great pleasure for us, that you spent quit & peaceful and fantastic holiday at our resort and we appreciate your overwhelming, praising comments for our team members, who could make your stay a wonderful time to remember.

We are already looking forward and awaiting you soon again here at your “second home” to provide you once more with our caring hospitality and individual services.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

From the moment we set foot in Sharm el Sheik up and until the last second we left, we received outstanding service from everyone at this hotel. We were upgraded to beachfront rooms on arrival and the complementary ice cold drinks on arrival was a very pleasant surprise.The large variety of food available at all meals included a pasta station where you get to choose what you want in your pasta sauce. The service from the hotel staff was fantastic. The bars at the pool area keep you supplied with refreshing and cold drinks for the entire day. The hotel grounds, pool areas and beach are kept immaculately clean. My sons are 18 and 15 enjoyed every second at this hotel, especially being able to have access to the snack bar during the day. I truly enjoyed listening to the guitarist who entertained guests outside the restaurant. Definitely will return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#92 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,090 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!