“Egyptian 5 stars hotel.”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I will write it to help people out, so short and direct:

1. The hotel has the size and the magnitude of a 5 stars, but the service no.
2. although the service is not a 5 stars, it was overall very pleasant
3. if you are looking for a beach holiday, like we were, request the rooms close to the beach (we were in the 7181) they have sea view, good size, good design, private chaise outside the balcony and you are a few steps from the beach, like 3 or 4steps.
4. the beach personal are great, very friendly and helpful, in special Mahmoud taher and Said hamed, they improved my hotel experience. Thanks to both of them.

5. All inclusive:
Drinks
do not expect great cocktails or premium spirits..... Beer is very good and most of time cold. Mojito you have to pay separated and it is average. I had a few and can not complain.
You do not have to tip them and they do not ask for it but if you do tip them, they bring drinks to you on the chaise, they save spots to you, they "reserve" the best tables and chaises etc... do whatever you need, makes a great difference.

food;
again, it isn't a feast of great food or a 5 star hotel restaurant but it is a good food with variety, I can not complain it is on a scale 1 to 10 a big fat 7. I did eat twice on the a la carte restaurants (25% off to all inclusive guests) , again, it does not change much, but it still very cheap and you have service table and can grab a pizza or something more european.

6. veridict: it is worth it, I mean, lets be honest, for the price of the packages it is a good hotel, good food and good service. drinks are ok.

I would recommend it as good hotel in Sharm el sheik, but it is not a usual 5 stars Hotel. it is not.
with that in mind you should be able to enjoy your holidays and relax for a few bucks.

Room Tip: If you want a good view and some privacy close to the beach go for the rooms close to the beach, jus...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fdsordi
Write a ReviewReviews (3,477)

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have just returned from a fabulous weeks stay at this lovely hotel. I was lucky enough to get a room upgrade on arrival to a Marine club room with wonderful views from the terrace of the sea and Tiran island.

The staff at the hotel are fantastic and always willing to help you in any way they can. Hafez in Olivios restaurant always had a warm greeting and found me a table every time I ate there. Mohamed (who sells the special italian restaurant evenings) also went out of his way to look after me. One day I had mild sunstroke and was feeling rather unwell so he went and got some fresh mint and got the bar staff to make me a fresh mint tea with it which made me feel a lot better. I felt like a princess with the care and attention I received during my stay and although I don't usually go back to somewhere I have stayed before I wouldn't hesitate to return here.

Some of the reviews on here say that the food isn't that great but I always found something I liked. One evening some other English guests weren't keen on that evenings choice of food so the chef came out and offered to cook them some steak and chips which they loved. If you aren't happy all you need to do is say and the staff go out of their way to accommodate your needs.

There is plenty of things to do during your stay. The snorkelling and scuba diving (I used the Coral Diving Club that is located next to the beach bar and did 2 intro dives one from Sharks Bay beach and one on a boat trip to Tiran Island) is an amazing experience. You can snorkle from the end of the hotel jetty too but you have to be careful as the sea can get quite rough and the current can be strong at times. I found that the best time to snorkle was late afternoon as conditions were a little calmer then. One place I would recommend going to is El Fasha which is a lovely place to go and chill out and have a drink in a bedoin setting overlooking Ras Mohammad national park. Another must is the italian night at Il Grotto in the hotel as the seafood buffet is delicious and the different types of dancing were great entertainment.

Amazing staff, beautiful grounds, great beach, nice food, what more could you want from a hotel? I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. A big thank you to all the staff that made my stay in Sharm so enjoyable and I'm looking forward to returning next year :0)

Room Tip: Marine club rooms are nice and peaceful and near the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bouncytigger71
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Having just returned from the Radisson Blu, I would like to thank Mr Mohamad Yassine and his team for a really lovely holiday, the resort itself is clean, the gardens and pool areas immaculate and the staff so willing to be of service. This was our first trip to Sharm and without doubt would reccomend the Radisson Blu.
I understand that this is a new appointment for Mr Yassine as General Manager and upon discussion he is fully aware of the improvements needed to make this a truly 5* resort .
The food is good especially the Italian, the food on the all inclusive deal is ok but not up to standard, however the powers that be are aware and improvements are being made to both the dining room and the food.
Our room was lovely and clean with our bed linen and towells being changed daily and we often arrived back to our room to find flowers, a thoughtful touch.
The biggest asset this hotel has are the staff, they are polite and accomodating at every level from the pool boys and gardeners to restaurant waiters and front office, nothing was to much trouble.
I must say a few personal thankyous to Ezat and A.Hamid in the Italian restaurant , to sous chef Hassan for offering to cook for me ,Mohammid Sharif and all the team in Olivos for making us so welcome.
Give this hotel a try, as I have said there is work in progress but it is well worth a visit and hopefully we will be back in the Autumn to experience the 5* they deserve.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Not all what its cracked up to be!!, just come back from a week at the radisson blu, first the transfers from the airport, only 15 mins !! but what they dont tell you is all the luxury coaches are for the Russian guests, we got thown in a camper van prob 20 yrs old, Leading up to the hotel is worrying when you pass thu the armed check points!!!! the pass thu security on the gates of the hotel, then go thu a metal detector to enter the hotel all very nice if your a 007 fan, The hotel is really nice & clean but they only cater for the russians... food & entertainment is all russian themed. try not to get by the evening ampythetre its all loud music (russian) till around 11ish, food looks nice but no taste to anything very bland, also same food served virtualy each night. Spa was out of order the whole time we were there and lots of building work going on, Also had a power cut for around 5hrs but apparently thats normal !!!!!!!!

1  Thank Nab1969
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The Radisson Blu is a great resort, big enough and with sufficient facilities to spend your whole holiday in the resort if you wish. We did some diving via the PADI dive club on site and went to the nearby Hardrock Cafe and Soho Square (both very safe and hassle free, unlike most of the shopping and entertainment areas in Egypt). The youngsters went to the 'Space' disco, a franchised venue also found in Ibiza I'm told.
We were a party of four and had two rooms, both were large and fitted out to a high standard; tea & coffee making facilities in the room would have been nice though.
Attentive and proactive staff, from the front desk (Mohammed was particularly helpful) to the restaurant and beach staff seemed 'on a mission' to make our stay as pleasant as possible, all we had to do was ask (most of the time the staff asked first - if everything was to our satisfaction and was there anything else they could do for us).
We were AI and though the buffet restaurant is pleasant enough we much preferred the personal service (and the food) in the three themed restaurants, Seafood, Lebanese and Italian. The Italian restaurant is in a lovely setting as is the seafood restaurant which overlooks the sea.
The manager Mohammed, is the archetypal busy man (if you want a job doing, give it to a busy man!) and every morning I saw him and his team touring the hotel, notebooks in hand, making sure everything was up to scratch.
Security was a concern for us prior to our holiday but having done some research I was in Sharm and while we were there, we felt completely safe and saw no evidence of trouble whatsoever.
So, a thumbs up from us.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank averagetourist
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The best vacation in Sharm El Sheikh , i spent 3 days there and it is very nice resort .the staff was friendly and helpful and the service was great.

Thank you very much for everything. Food was amazing and really tasty, accommodation was really nice.

the beach is wonderful for snorkeling or diving

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nona H
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Just returned from wonderful holiday at the Radisson blu. Rooms very clean and comfortable.. Food excellent good choice. Hotel grounds very well kept and lots of space well laid out. Staff very friendly helpful and always there to look after you. We would like to mention Ahmed who looked after our room and his towel art was amazing. Alaa at the pool was always there to get sunbeds and towels. Hassan Khaled and Ibrahem Aii at the lobby bar kept our drinks topped up with a smile. Elhussin and Shrif at the Olivos restaurant made meal times special by being friendly and looking after us. We will return very soon. A very enjoyable holiday where we felt well looked after.

1  Thank sharon h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#51 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!