“Excellent Service all round!”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
KENT
“Excellent Service all round!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We have just returned from a week at this hotel and really struggle to find the reasons why so many people have made negative comments recently, we stayed in a Marine Club room (7169) the room was huge as was the bathroom, the only thing I would say is the bathroom was a bit on the tired side although it was spotlessly clean thanks to Mohamed our cleaner, who when it found out it was my birthday decorate the room with petals and toilet rool streamers and left a lovely chocolate cake, so thoughtfull! The grounds are amazing and beautifully landscaped, all the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful but a special mention should go to the following:Mohamed & Tarek in the resturant who always found us a table and served us with a smile and always found time for a chat however busy. Mahmoud down at the beach/small pool who always had our towels ready on the sunbeds and even faced our sunbeds just how we liked them! Lastly a mention to Maher Mansey the Manager again always greeted us with a smile and took the time for a chat and was happy to listen to any crtiisims we had, not that we really found any except as I say the bathroom, would definately return to this hotel

Room Tip: All rooms have a lovely view of either the pool or the beach
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We booked a last minute deal for a week here at the radisson. We got a really nice room, clean very spacious with air con too. The shower was great and always hot. Our cleaner zidane was very polite and was always creating masterpieces with our bed linen and towels. He was friendly and did a fab job. Couldnt ask for any more.
It was very busy and mainly housing Russians so eating time was always very crazy and On 2 occasions a lot of the food had already finished before we could have eaten and the queues were crazy long to line up and grab as much as you can. I like to relax not run around trying to find a table.
I paid 500 EP for a body scrub and massage as it wasn't that good and only rec 45 mins massage when I paid for 60mins I didn't argue this fact as I'm on holiday and didn't want to cause any problems. But it was a total waste of money.
The beach/ pool guy Mahmoud was extremely nice and he reserved our sun beds everyday so we didn't have to rush to save them he was lovely to talk to as most of the other staff seemed to always want something from you and annoy you all the time, Mahmoud was the opposite and was nice to chat with, he borrowed up some snorkeling masks free so we could check out the coral. He was by far the nicest staff member I've ever met at a hotel and I have extensively travelled.
Overall a great stay would have been 5 if for the food situation and spa hasn't ripped me off.

Portchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We just returned from 9 days at this hotel and had a really relaxing break.
Most of the staff are excellent and we had particularly good service from Mahmood and his team every day on the beach. We had great sun beds every morning. The guys at the beach bar were equally good and served all our drinks with a smile. The beach atmosphere was good with just the right amount of music and entertainment. The beach was good to swim and the jetty to the reef was well supervised for safety.
Our first room was a nice double but as I was with my son they moved us to a twin the next day. We had a standard room but in both cases it was good and kept very clean every day.
The buffet restaurant was a disappointment in the evenings with poor choices and quality of food. Breakfast was excellent every day so the evening was a shame. Not all the advertised restaurants were open and we did get one free meal at the Italian restaurant which was good. We paid on other nights at the a Trade Winds restaurant and Italian getting 25% discount as we were on All Inclusive. It was worth it to get a decent meal.
I also went to the Spa and had some great treatments at a really reasonable cost.
The main reception was always welcoming and was the one place for wifi usage but this area had a mosquito problem in the evenings and most of the female tourists were quite badly bitten. We managed to get some spray from the supermarket that helped but they could have treated the area due to the number of tourists affected.
The entertainment team was excellent and provided plenty to do without being obtrusive.
We had a really relaxing time and the weather was fantastic for November.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and both were standard and of a good quality
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LinnyhPortchester
Donetsk, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I'd like to start the review with a comment to the mark I've put. It is 4, which means very good. I'd gladly put 5 (excellent) but for the following reason -
I enjoied staying in the hotel very much and managed to quickly establish friendly relationships with the staff, especially the animation team. The guys were active, polite, funny; just as they should be. I was really frustrated when I learned that they were suddenly fired. All of them. Without any preliminary notice and possibility to book a flight back home. Taking into account that none of them lives in Sharm, I can hardly call it a best practice of how a hotel, especially one bearing name Radisson, should treat its people who communicate directly with clients. In fact, there is a Russian, an English, and a Hungarian girl in the team; so where are they supposed to spend time untill the flight that they still need to find and book? In the street?
Another question is the reason of firing. As I said, the guys were good at their job, but were suddenly fired without explanation of any specific reason. I don't think I have a right to make any accusations, but what is it? Maybe somebody was very interested in it? I mean a type of personal interest competing with the interests of the whole organization?
Otherwise the hotel is very nice: beautiful design, friendly staff, tasty food, good beach, etc. But for the abovementioned case, I would gladly come here again. But now I'm not sure that I will. I believe that any organization shall be honest with its staff. Even if they made some mistake, they shall have a chance to fix ir; or, at least, to pack their things and arrange their trips back home. I also believe that the issue can still be fixed and managed properly and I hope it will be.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Well built hotel - lots of space, access to reef (awsome if you snorkel). Rooms ar spacious well equiped. Nice pool(s). Food is good, however good table service has to be encouraged with tips ,otherwise-second glass of beer during the dinner is a challange.
Reception staff is fluent, helpfull, animation team (named"Exotic treat") was just perfect.

Location is good. All regional excursions are accessible.

To sum up - hunt for good price and go ahead.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Thank's for interesting holidays!! Animators the best I ever met! Let them stay!!!!! I can't understand why manager Adam want to let them go! Without any reason!.. Actually they are one of the best department of this great hotel! They make really nice environment in Radisson! They are definitely for this place!

St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I returned to this hotel for the fourth time and as usual enjoyed every minute. The staff at this hotel are very special and it is they that make this a special place. This is the perfect place for a relaxing holiday with beautiful tranquil surroundings including soothing trickling rivers, fantastic snorkeling off the beach and a choice of two lovely pools and a children's pool. The rooms are large and comfortable. After my arrival at reception and excellent service from the Reception team with the towel offered to freshen up and a well needed cold drink offered to me,my accommodation was also upgraded. I spent the week in a beautiful spacious room and a patio with resplendent views over the gardens and sea. The restaurant staff are so obliging and cheer my day with their friendly smiling service and I have always been happy with the food on offer, and enjoy the opportunity to experience non-English food although English food is also available. Food is buffet style but there are plenty of opportunities to have food freshly cooked also. Alongside the main restaurant there are other restaurants to choose from and I received as part of my all-inclusive package, two meals included at the Italian restaurant. The show and buffet provided one evening was held by the side of the pool [very romantic with all the lights]. I went on a boat trip with the in-house Diving Company, and as well as snorkeling I did my first scuba-dive with a lot of support from the diving team, which was fantastic. I booked my other trips using the Concierge team who are able to organize anything using their numerous contacts and at reasonable rates. I must not fail to mention the excellent service of the Housekeeping team, the bar team in reception and and the Beach Team , all providing high quality friendly service.Thank you to you all and I shall be back very soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,886 reviews
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!