“Great place to relax”

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
New Milton, United Kingdom
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The wife and I visited the resort with two very good friends,we all the staff were friendly and very efficient. Rooms were spacious and the housekeeping staff did a great job, with different shapes made from the quilt. The animation team was fantastic always entertaining and mingled with all the guests. Food was of a high standard although some things got repeated a couple times. The towel guys remembered the sun beds you wanted and nothing was to much trouble for them, the bar staff and waiters were all excellent no matter what time of day they was always smiling.
If I had to pick fault jus ya small point, it would have been nice to have a kettle and tea and coffee in the room maybe just a personal thing.
If you are thinking of going to Egypt this resort is great value for money. Talking of Money the English pound is a preferred currency. We will be going back had a great relaxing time.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank paul T
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Paul T,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

We are glad to have received your wonderful review post your recent stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the entire team at the resort and they too are very happy to have received the same. I am certain that this will assist us in achieving higher standards of excellence in future.
We are more than glad, that we with our service and facilities could provide you a lovely stay upon your first visit to Radisson, which gave you a great impression, so that you are planning to come back again.

We will be very pleased, if we can be your host once again in the near future and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stotfold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Where to begin with This wonderful hotel....

The food.. the food in this hotel was lovely always something to eat

The alcohol. Well usual taste really it needs improving definitely

The rooms..cleaned daily fresh towels and designs on the bed the cleaner always made sure everything was ok with the room :)

Grounds. ..beautiful well kept and the beach is lovely

Staff..always helpful and friendly special mention to mahmoud on the beach for a sunbed every day

Animation...always something to join in with and shows in the eve theyre not pushy like other teams can be a special mention goes to romka though he
always found time to
talk to us and get us involved :)

All in all this hotel is fabulous and I will be recommending it to friends so thank you :)

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank natbaker121
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear natbaker121,
Thank you for your loyalty to Radisson Blu, Our biggest challenge is to “Make It Right” and, our goal is to make our guests, repeat guests and 100% satisfied. It is very gratifying for the Radisson Blu family to read throughout your comments and see that we reach our goal!

It gives me great pleasure to tell you that we can’t wait to have you back to our own tradition of warm hospitality.

Until then, kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was up graded to a Marine room 7150 very big room near beach. Plenty to do on the beach volley ball and belly dancing all sorts of things by the animation team. Buffet food in the restaurant and plenty of it. Different sort of food every night a very good choice, with different soups and bread to choose from you could not go wrong. The wine waiters were very assertive and you did not have to wait long for your drink because once they knew what you were drinking it was there immediately, now that's what I call service. The desserts were a delight to look at as well as to eat. Easy to put on weight in this hotel! There is a Lobby bar where in the evening you can sit and chat to friends on lovely settees or a pool bar, which in the day you could have an ice cream to go with your drink while you lie by the pool I had a wonderful time I nearly forgot there is a Spa, a gym so plenty to keep you occupied. My thanks go to the staff of this hotel and to a man called Mr Hawary he is a manager of some sort so special thanks to him.

Room Tip: Room over looking pool
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Susan D
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Susan D,
Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review regarding your stay.

I am happy to learn that you took back with you a wonderful experience during your recent stay in Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El sheikh.
Our associate and I acknowledge your compliments on our services and facilities and we appreciate your precious comments very much. I am glad to know that our associates assisted you upon your arrival in Radisson Blu until your departure which creating a perfect vacation for you and your partner. I always think that they are the most valuable asset of our resort.

It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our beautiful island and thank you for your recommendations towards Radisson Blu.

We appreciate your patronage and looking forward to welcoming you and your partner back again!

Warmest Regards

Carlisle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Ok checked in after a long day reception staff so unfriendly doesn't ask if we would like a welcome drink not even an smile only would you like to upgrade to a marine room for an extra 200 dollars no thank you shown to our room by a lovely man on a golf cart rooms spacious and clean fridge in room you have to pay for everything in quit e annoying when your all in went for dinner school dinners comes to mind with a canteen free for all disgusting there is actually nothing that is warm or curled up at the corners vile next day saw or and I use the term loosely rep we didn't have a lot of complaints just no kettle for coffee you have to hire one like I said rep completely useless more interested in flogging his trips .pool is lovely and the towel guy alaa is the friendliest in this whole place I am actually writing this from the hotel lobby and have now been without hot water in my room for 6day's oh and speaking of water 1bottle in
your room on arrival for 10 days for 2 people when I asked for more was told only for VIP guest is that a joke we booked this holiday over a year ago and paid then to upgrade our rooms in this hotel that means upstairs you can try to complain trust me you get no where so my advice do yourself a favour and go somewhere else Egypt is my favourite holiday destination and this is no 5 star hotel finally if the manager has problem with my review unfortunately I am still here come and see me and I will tell you exactly what's wrong with your disgraceful hotel

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank d e
Dear d e,
Thank you for telling us about the arrangement you held with us.
We try to appreciate your comments but it seems that your experience was at the opposite of the hundreds of happy and satisfied customers hosted during the mentioned time, and that is quite surprising, especially when referring to cleanliness and quality of food offering. However, there are a few points on which I need to bring clarification to ensure the understanding of all. For clients who book All Inclusive package, we do hand over during the check in process, a comprehensive informative letter related to all services included in their package.

In the meantime, we continue to strive for and work on delivering the high level of service, attitude and product offering expected of a Radisson Blu resort.

We sincerely hope that you will consider staying at Radisson Blu Resort again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com
Luton, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here in December with my friend we wanted a cheap holiday where we could also have fun

From the minute we got to the hotel we were welcomed the staff were so friendly then we got shown to our room which was in a perfect location for the restaurant pool and not too far a walk from the lovely beach :)

Every day there was something to eat and a great choice never once went hungry! Our room was cleaned perfectly every day and a few designs on our beds.

But what made this holiday our best yet in sharm was the animation team especially the sport animator romka! Every day played volley ball on the beach and always stopped to say hello and make us feel welcome even if we didn't want to participate ;) and every nite was a different entertaining show been to alot of hotels in sharm but this animation were definitely the best

So would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff and animation at radisson and we will be recommending it see you soon!!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear richydee12,
What a brilliant review! Thank you for the detailed comments on all services and facilities you enjoyed while staying at Radisson Blu.
Your recommendations on the genuine service received by our TEAM , and specially the animation team are truly appreciated and will be celebrated with everyone.

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience during your trip; for us there is nothing more rewarding than a positive feedback from a happy guest.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Resort for your stay in Sharm.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

With my best Regards

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is our second trip to the Radissson blu, having returned home on the 06/02/14 after 12 days. Once again the staff and the hotel as a whole were fantastic. The food is excellent, the rooms cleaned every day, by polite staff who can't do enough to please you. Heading to a super beach where Mahmoud and the other towel staff will provide you with beds and any other assistance you require, also Fox and the rest of the animation team are constantly keeping you occupied, and are happy to chat to you, they are not pushy and if you are just quite happy to watch others participate then you can do so. The bar staff at reception area are excellent and keen to let you try their own version of cocktails. Thanks to Amwar and his staff, see you in Jan 2015. Steve and Linda x

Room Tip: We stayed for the second time, and were upgraded to room 7104, just up from the beach, quite, perfec...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda O
Dear Linda O,
Greetings from the Radisson team!

Thank you for your impressive review on tripadvisor. We are happy that you found staff extremely helpful and food is outstanding for your second trip to Radisson Blu and for the strong recommendation.

We are thrilled that you had an amazing stay with our resort . We aim to provide a wonderful vacation experience for our guests and your feedback is most encouraging.

I am delighted to know that Mahmoud, Fox and other food and bar staff that provided you with remarkable service. I will be sure to acknowledge their outstanding customer service.

We have no doubt that you would select our resort for your third holiday, and it would be delight to have you with us.

Warmest Regards,

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I can't recommend Egypt highly enough for anyone wanting a winter shot of guaranteed sunshine at great value and convenience. Yes it's a five hour flight to Sharm El Sheik from the UK and Ireland but our hotel, the Radisson Blu, was just 15 mins from the airport and we were on the beach enjoying 24degrees of sunshine the same day we left a rain soaked Ireland.

We had booked a room with a sea view for about an extra €100. I think all the rooms here are good so it made no difference to me but it pleased the wife that when we awoke each morning we could both hear and see the sea less than 100 metres away or head for one of a number of swimming pools which was barely 50 metres from the foot of our bed.the beach by the way has its own pier which takes you to a lovely coral reef, home to some beautiful looking fish. We snorkelled the reef for a good hour without feeling at all cold.

The service at the hotel is exceptionally good. Granted there is the feeling that its done in the hope of a tip but then what's a few bucks here and there to be thoroughly spoilt and why not do your bit to help a few Egyptians where you can in this crisis torn country?

The rooms are good. They're very clean and comfortable. They have patchy wifi available all day too! If you're English you've a limited choice of TV viewing between the highly repetitive Euronews and the marginally less repetitive BBC World.

The hotel runs an evening bus service to Naama Bay which costs €6 return leaving at 4.30pm and 7.30pm returning 3.5 hours later.This has all the souvenirs you can wish for and some fairly decent cafes and restaurants. From there you can take a taxi costing about 3 dollars to Leila Va Leila a mock Arabian style palace often stuffed full of different entertainment. If you're here to do lots of tours then talk to your holiday rep. We weren't but those we spoke to who tried a guided tour or the trip out to the desert all reported good value experiences.

The food at the hotel is not great but always good and occasionally very good bearing in mind how much we paid for the whole holiday. For the veggies it could be easily improved if they labelled better the dishes severed buffet style every day. They tend to name the main item in each dish such as "fish" or "white beans" but that doesn't mean you won't find a piece of chicken or prawns kicking about somewhere too. There's a great variety of foods on offer including lots of locally grown fruits and vegetables a few of which I'd never encountered before.

When we stayed the hotel consisted off about 10% Egyptians, 10% Brits and the rest were Russians. I have to say I like the Russians. First because I'm married to one and second because they largely keep themselves to themselves and respect other people's space.

The entertainment crew do a reasonable job but for a hotel this size I would expect the occasional visit from outside artists to provide true quality entertainment.

If its a cheap winter break you're after with guaranteed sunshine of 24 degrees plus then this hotel is hard to beat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BarryPNI,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort team and staff!

Thank you for sharing your experience Radisson Blu on tripadvisor .We are pleased to know that you found our staff great, the sea amazing and you enjoyed snorkeling and service exceptionally good.

Likewise, thank you for pointing out the low keys in our resort. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a resort family. Without your feedback, we would not know on what area we needed to focus. We are committed to fully reviewing the circumstances that would have contributed to a less than satisfactory experience.

Again thank you for the invaluable feedback. .Thanks for visiting with us and we trust that you will consider us in your future travel plans.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,885 reviews
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!