“brilliant weeks stay at radisson blu in march 2014”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 14 March 2014

once we got out the private taxi we were greeted by the very friendly reception staff who took us to check in and upgraded our room to marine free of charge which was a nice start to our holiday. the room was very spacious and just a 2 minute walk to the beach the room was very clean and was kept that way by the room cleaner called mohammed who was very friendly and couldnt do enough to help us. the hotel grounds were kept well and were a credit to the staff who work hard every day to keep them that way . we spent most of the day on the beach overlooking the picturesque views . the beach attendants were very friendly and were always at hand when needed. the entertainment team were excellant always smiling and work very hard and i would like to say a special thank you to fox and katie who made us feel welcome and made the holiday for us that much more enjoyable. the restaurant is kept clean and there is always plenty of food with lots of variaties and the waiters were always about tending to your needs. overall we had a wonderful weeks stay at the radisson blu resort and are already looking and planning to go back in july and this time taking family and friends. once again i would like to say a massive thank you to the management and all his staff for making our holiday a fantastic one, steve and yvette london/essex

Room Tip: we never saw any other rooms but the marine rooms were excellant and situated close to the beach
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Steve M,
Thank you for sharing such a "brilliant" review with your fellow TripAdvisor community members.
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are constantly striving to provide an excellent service experience; hence we are very pleased to hear we have been successful in doing so.

Moreover, thank you for your generous comment and giving the opportunity to recognize our staff for their great work.

We look forward hosting you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just been back for the fifth time to see my lovely friends at Radisson Blu in Sharm. I love this hotel. The grounds are serene and relaxing, the service is impeccable and always with a big smile, absolutely nothing is too much trouble. My room was large and overlooked the pool and beach with everything in the room I could need, including tea and coffee, mini bar and flat screen television. Only one English channel though which was the news and many of the channels on the list not available on the television. However, that was not important, as my evenings are spent out having a meal either in the main restaurant or the Italian Restaurant with perfect service and lovely surroundings , and another evening is spent at the show and buffett held in the Italian Restaurant and is not to be missed. Animation has improved greatly with the new team and the evening entertainment is very good now. The terrace is perfect for sitting out in the evening in the comfy chairs with your drink of choice brought to you while you surf the internet with the free Wi Fi which is available throughout the hotel grounds although obviously can be patchy and slow at times due to everyone being on it!.I had a meal through room service this visit, and it was beautiful, the best!! Creme Brulee , fantastic. The pool bar is lovely to sit in and have a lazy breakfast if you don't make the restaurant with coffee on tap to wake you up! I needed to come back home earlier than I planned and the help and support I received to do this was so helpful. A very special thanks to Mr Amwar and M Ali and to the concierge team for keeping me calm and organising things. I hope to be back again soon to see my family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Tish B,
What can I say, we continuously trained our Employees to listen and be attentive to their customers, and it seems that it is paying!

Thank you for sharing your superb comments and moreover, for your return visit and mentioning a future stay with us next year.

We look forward welcoming you again and wish your loved ones and you an excellent upcoming festive season!

Kind regards,
Anwar Hawary, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We are just back from a great stay at the Radisson Blue in Sharm El Sheikh. We would highly recommend this 5 star hotel. All of the restaurant, bar, beach and entertainment staff are excellent/well trained - they have a "can do" attitude. The Italian restaurant has a superb setting, with great service. The all inclusive package is exactly what it says, with high quality branded soft drinks. The beaches and pools are excellent too. Highly recommended holiday hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony M,
Thank you for taking the time for writing this great review on tripadvisor.

I am happy to learn that you took back with you a magnificent experience during your recent stay in Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El sheikh.

It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay in our beautiful resort and thank you for your recommendations towards Radisson Blu.
We appreciate your patronage and looking forward to welcoming you and your partner back again!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

After reading countless reviews here on TA my boyfriend & I decided to holiday at the Radisson. We were a little worried with the recent & ongoing political problems in Egypt, but decided to go for the weather Although it did rain for an hour one evening, very unusual !
We had a great time @ the Radisson.Again with all the reviews the staff do make this a lovely place to stay. They are extremely helpful, courteous & friendly from the domestic staff to the management. The animation team were great fun Katy, fox & piko & if i have left anyone out forgive me. There is plenty to do if you feel like moving! My partner played Volyball & we both did Egyptian dancing a couple of times to loosen up! The staff @ the beach bar are brilliant, we did tip & got excellent service, drinks brought to our sun beds. The evening entertainment was fine we went to a quiz mad dancing show audience included, but generally had relaxing post dinner drinks. If you fancy a trip into sharm for Clubbing they go regulary, or to visit soho square.We had an exceptional lazy week of chilling out so did not go out.
Our room was lovely 6202 a sea & garden view & all amenities were fine. Clean & spacious. We enjoyed our food here, there was a wide selection especially at breakfast. The only downside was that the lunchtime selection @ the pool bar was limited. The staff here were lovely & i was presented with a cake on my birthday! We did not go by the pool as we love the beach which was spacious compared to other hotels to our right. For me the sea was the icing on the cake. I snorkel & although the sea was a little cold the fish are amazing. You can snorkel in the shallows but i saw a couple of sea snakes there so decided to swim off the end of the pontoon. The water is deep about 20 m but there is a lifeguard there& I felt totally safe.
The nicest aspect of this hotel is the staff & the beautiful gardens which were well maintained & the way the rooms were built increased the space & beauty. We would recommend going here.

Room Tip: as above room no given.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda M

Dear Lynda M,
Thank you so much for your great review!

We are proud to learn that you choose Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh to celebrate your birthday.

It was a great boost for our entire team to see how much you enjoyed your stay and that our goal of creating special memories for our guests was achieved.

We are truly appreciate that you share your review here and we are looking forward to welcome both of you back again for any other special occasions.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent 7 days at Radisson Blu in Sharm in the 1st week of March 2014, I have been to Egypt the year before also and spent my stay at the Jaz Mirabel.
The hotel was so nice on my last visit I was apprehensive about going elsewhere.

My Feedback is as follows;

The most important point I will make about Radisson Blu is about the scenery, the gardens and landscape... This is what truely makes this hotel, everything is kept so well and is a true pleasure to look at for me this is a big must for my visual needs to be met which Radisson strongly achieved.

When comparing service levels I would say that Radisson Blu lacks some intimacy - for example previous hotel had pool bars and the staff made sure that they would come and offer refreshments while you are sunbathing and the refreshments were kept flowing.

Radisson Blu could effectively position a few more staff at the pool bar area to offer refreshments as I understand it is quite a large property and would be impossible to cover this idea based on just one or 2 staff.
Yes people have legs and can retrieve things for themselves but having being spoilt in this way before eleswhere it becomes an expectation with regards to going that extra mile with service.

The Restaurant Staff were Amazing, Always happy and friendly-approachable and eager to please even when under pressure.
The first two nights food options were lacking my taste but improved over remainder of stay with some better food choices like grilled meats, fresh salads and essentials like rices and pastas.
Food choices that are safe for most nationalities visiting are as above, when caterers try to cater for too many different tastes food choices become confused, and many don't come to Egypt to eat "English Food" local choices would be so nice - more Traditional options.

The room service was adorable, always so nice and polite if you still happened to be in your room come cleaning time, always accommodating and eager to please.

The thing I have found is that the hotel will encourage you to use their services like taxis and holiday reps offering trips and choices for entertainment - However everything is double triple or even quadruple the price of local offerings.

The taxis service paid the taxi man 50.00 Egyptian pound for a journey and charged us 220.00 Egyptian.. If we never spoke to the locals we wouldn't have known the difference or what was actually happening with the quotes we got for cab service within the hotel.

There was a very good set of people down at Royal Nabq Bay shopping centre.. MagiceSharmTours was very good for excursions and any trips you want to go on while in sharm.
They are reasonable prices and very nice Genuwine people.. If you talk to Mohammed about what you want to do he will be sure to make some good recommendations and give good advice.

It is very easy at this time for people to try and make you feel intimidated when travelling and to stay in the hotel and watch Entertainment but you go on holiday to get away from restriction so give it a go and try bedouwin dinners, camel rides - quad biking in the dessert, belly dancing shows, dolphins and much much more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Chantelle B,
Many thanks to have taken the time to provide your comments on your recent stay at Radisson Blu Resort.

I appreciate and take every guest comment seriously as this provides the information the teams need to ensure that we have not overlooked any aspect of the resort operations or guest experience.

I have shared your feedback with the relevant areas and we will certainly use it, wherever findings to adjust emerge, as a training tool to improve for the future.

We are making some changes and hope that the new implementations will gather your trust providing that we have a chance to be at your service again.
We appreciate you personally mentioning our staff by name for their amazing service. It is important to us to ensure our staff our recognized for their great service and professionalism. Your feedback has assisted us in doing so.

Thank you for residing at Radisson Blu and my sincere apology for any disappointment.

Yours sincerely,

Anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We spent 2 weeks in february in Radisson Blu in Sharm, this is my fourth hotel in Egypt and I can honestly say, that this was very good stay and pleasant time. Hotel is good and absolutely deserves its 5 stars (some people say it's too much, but I don't agree). Beautiful garden, big, clean and comfortable room with fanstastic view for the heart of hotel which is main swimming pool, a lot of places to have a nice walk, which we were doing every morning :) Restaurant offers fresh and colorful food with huge variety of everything, from vegetables, fruits, rices till show cooked pasta and some kinds of meat or fish. We spent most of time on the main swimming pool, which could be maybe just a little warmer, and in Azure Cafe, bar next to this pool. We tried fantastic cocktails served by nice team from this place (Mahmoud and Eid), but still good you can find in lobby bar, which is good idea to have a glass of wine after dinner. All inclusive lovers surely will be happy in this place. Big thanks to great animation team, especially Katie, for making funny activities during all day, stretching was the best :) We want to come back.

Room Tip: From 1. floor you can have nice view to the main swimming pool, ask for this in your travel agency...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear a889,
First of all I would like to thank you very much for having chosen the Radisson Blu resort Sharm El Sheikh as your home away from home and Thanks for issuing your very positive review regarding your recent stay at our Radisson Blu Resort and for recommending it to anyone.

You will have noticed that we are currently making a lot of renovation in the rooms at the moment in order to increase the level of service in our Hotel.

We are more than glad, that we with our service and facilities could provide you a lovely stay upon your first visit to Radisson and fourth visit to Sharm, which gave you a great impression, so that you are planning to come back again.

We will be very pleased, if we can be your host once again in the near future and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We enjoyed two weeks here in February and can't praise the staff highly enough. They were always curtious even to the most difficult customers ( and there were a few! ). In particular, one of the waiters in the outer dining area, Ahmed Ibrahim, always so obliging, attentive and truly pleasant. The towel and pool attendant Alaa could not do enough for you, towels always positioned in favourite place and tennis court booked....wonderful. The hard working room boy Hossam covering rooms 3106, with attention to detail, never leaving out anything. The food was probably not 5 star, but there was always a wide choice, the salads were particularly good. We loved our time here and would recommend it thoroughly.

Room Tip: Go for the Southern side of the hotel, its a little quiter on this side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Anwar H, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear DonandJane2014,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Resort.

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience during your trip; for us there is nothing more rewarding than a positive feedback from a happy guest. We will review all the points revealed for food to improve

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Resort for your stay in Sharm.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

With my best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#12 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
#11 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#63 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!