“Nice place but had a lot more potential ”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family during Eid Aladha in October 2013. Very nice room with a very nice view. Food mediocre at best. Can't be rated as 5 stars for sure. Flies were hovering over at bakery items in breakfast. We are all-inclusive but we found the snacks most of the time not very tempting with exception of the burgers which were really yummy. Soft drinks are very watery and of low quality. Cake and tea time in the reception area was very nice. The hotel grounds are amazing very well kept and very pleasing to the eye. The kids animation team was fantastic with lots of entertaining activities during day and night. The spa was marvelous, we loved it so much. The beach was very rocky so we had to go to the neighboring beach which was better. When we were checking out they tried to charge us for drinks we didn't consumer from the minibar but we agreed with them and we didn't pay. Overall very good stay but food should be improved.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mahmoud I
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Mahmoud I,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for your review post your stay back in October 2013. While we are happy to read that you found the resort itself, our service, rooms, Spa, animation activities and amenities great.

we are distressed to read that you were unhappy with the flies on the bakery items on breakfast, we now sort this out by put a small home for the birds full with leftover bakeries to avoid it might comes inside the restaurant.

our snacks, now we extended with a new concept and live Pizza oven, a wide selection of the sandwiches every day, and we did not received single comment about it.

finally, our area full of coral reefs, this why our beach is coral, we do have a jetty easy access to the sea.

Once again, thank you for your review and for staying with us here. We highly appreciate and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great hotel, food OK for Egypt- when I left my food in the main restaurant, the restaurant manager fetched the chef and they offered to cook me anything I wanted- great service
the negatives are the wifi in the lobby ( If you need it use it after breakfast) you cannot connect after 7pm as everyone is trying to get on and there are no tea/coffee making facilities in your room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Dear georgemjohnson,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

We appreciate your recent business at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh and thank you for your positive contribution here above, Our Chefs are always trying to fulfill our dear customers’ requirements by even preparing additionally individual dishes for our client’s needs to ensure their satisfaction.
We have now extended the internet in various areas of the resort that I am sure will gather your full satisfaction on a future visit.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back again to our property Radisson Blu.

Sincerely ,

Anwar Hawary, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Me and my aunt are currently on our second day into our holiday and I want to warn anyone coming to stay here to stay away from the supermarket complex across the road from the hotel. We went for a leisurely browse and had the worst and scariest experience ever. We were conned into perfume shop called Ali Baba. We were trapped for 2 hrs and eventually managed to escape with the owner shouting and swearing at us. I wanted to put this on here to warn other visitors of this! It is unsafe especially for females

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank missross13
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear missross13,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Please rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and we have done a thorough and careful evaluation of what you say about the supermarket outside.

Could you please contact me as soon as you can in order to know a clear vision to act a series reaction against this shop. ( I'm available from 08:00h to 20:00h) please ask reception.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Ok. We are home only one week after staying in this hotel and despite our fears of trouble in Egypt etc prior to our visit., we had an amazing time yet as my title might explain, Ahmed, one of the bar staff at the main pool and in the evening at the reception bar was absolutely outstanding. Early in the morning to late evening this guy smiled and laughed and welcomed guests like he was the happiest guy in the world. He has a fabulous intelligent sense of humour an uplifting spirit and one would find it difficult not to smile in his company or at the sound of his "hello Geezer"' or "lovely jubly" echoes across the pool. Mind you as the Irish Contingent we had to teach him a friendly"howya"...... He did this very well too. Thank you Ahmed for making our stay so much fun and on behalf of our little girl, " your sister"' thank you for making her laugh so much. You should be an ambassador for good work ethic, moral and how to bring smiles to clients faces. I imagine you are destined for great things in this industry. You could teach a nation how best to manage a working day. We missed you as soon as we left.
back to the radisson Blu. We arrived late. First impressions. Nervous, thought the reception area in need of a modern update a wow factor especially for most of us used to entering the wow factor hotel. Reception staff friendly and welcoming and concierge excellent.pity r. Blu could not help them with update on entrance decor.
we were sent straight to restaurant before closing time or going to room. Very considerate of staff to be fair, unfortunately we were not blown away by all inclusive restaurant yet admit it's probably our issue. Not keen on buffet or Queing for food especially on holiday. there did seem to be a lot of choice of various and interesting foods.
We checked in to our room and albeit very very spacious we felt it was a little dated . Organised an upgrade for the following day and wow.... Soooo worth it. Would recommend an upgrade to the marina rooms. It's worth it, bright, on the beach, airy and modern. Our room service was excellent and I regret that I cannot remember the name of the guy who took care of our room but he went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. He is a gentleman and the photos I have of the sculptures and art he made from towels for us are just amazing. I will post to radisson blu as asoon as possible. My tip is, look after your room service personal, your bar staff, etc. (tips) you will be so well looked after.
The gardens and grounds of this resort are just gorgeous and very well manicured. It's a pleasure to stroll around. the gardener s never seem to be off duty, day or night. It's spotless.
Tips. Bring little water shoes for the beach as coral and shale sharp. So worth snorkelling. It's fab even two feet out from the sand with your own home snorkelling kit. Beautiful. The pool side banquettes and show are worth attending and a lovely evening. the non inclusive restaurants are fab and worth it for the service and food. The bar staff will bring you a pizza from the grotto, fab, if puckish. Very good service and good value. Mohammad in the central bar at night and Mohammed really nice guys.
Butterfly spa. We spent over €200 for a so called special package. Unfortunately, we could not recommend it. Not up to European standards by any stretch of the imagination. Felt the spa needed a good scrub and clean up. Staff friendly yet I firmly believe the didnt or were not qualified in the art of massage. We were in for a coffee scrub. Both now wrapped in cellophane. I was face up. A male cleaner walked through?????? I am serious. My hubby beside me in cellophane too and covered in coffee. Luckily we have a sense of humour. Then another male employee passes through and at the shouts of our female female technician beauticians he comes back to close the curtains... Facing us. NICE!!!!!!!!! The only part of this spa I would recommend is the hairdresser/ barbers for male / female hair and or eyebrow or for men shave treatment. He is outstanding.

The pool and entertainment staff are excellent . I have forgotten the name of the guy who stood out most to us but he was incredible. He seriously hurt his eye the same week and I will write about him again as soon as I find his name. He is so enthusiastic and interested in his work. The one criticism I would have of the pool side entertainment is. When it's quite, read the crowd and lowere the volume of the music. The client likes to just chill at times and read. The pumping music isn't always necessary.

Look out for Ahmed. he will make your stay so much more fun and its not forced or pretence on his part.. xxOverall. A great stay. Lovely hotel.
We will return. Temperatures absolutely fab. Mid to high 30's wahoo. Zero humidity. Great for hair girls.
We will return.
Angela n Keith.

Room Tip: Upgrade to marina rooms. Makes a huge difference.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Angela F

Dear aingi,
Greetings from the Radisson Blu team!

Thank you so much for your recent and great review. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay on our resort and that you found are staff, fantastic and loved the food! I am delighted to hear that you’ve had a great holiday in our resort. I am ecstatic to know that AHMED, AHMED, AHMED, reception staff, Pool staff , animation team ,and other staff provided you with amazing service. I will be sure to acknowledge their outstanding customer service.

Likewise, thank you for pointing out the low keys in our resort. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a resort family. Without your feedback, we would not know on what area we needed to focus. We are committed to fully reviewing the circumstances that would have contributed to a less than satisfactory experience.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us here. We highly appreciate and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We're writing this review on the basis that we stayed one night and was unhappy so changed hotels. On arriving to the hotel we were shown to our marine club room. The room itself was tatty but ok for what is was needed for. This was an upgrade from standard and superior so expected better. The lock to the patio door was broken, which we mentioned to our cleaner, he looked at it, but no further action was taken.

The evening meal at the buffet restaurant was the main reason we left. We walked in expecting a nice environment and meal. We got a dark room, no lights, candles burnt out on the tables, bearing in mind service had just started, No tables free, no plates, no air con (not good for food quality), and poor food. We eventually found a dirty table to sit and asked for a plate. The variety was poor and atmosphere was the worst I've experienced.

The next day we sat by the pool which was lovely, had a meeting with our rep and told him our problems. There were also other guests with the same issues and we were given the option to move to the Jaz Mirabel club (see review-a million times better).

The managers did meet with us asked us our room number and said that they would look after us for the next meal (they don't meet and greet so would never find our room number out!). They did promise to change 'everything' and we initially considered staying but since our rep (Ahmed from Sun International) made it easy for us to transfer we decided to take the opportunity to move and have a relaxing holiday which we certainly did.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Paul S,
Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at the Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

First and foremost, I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned as Rezidor.

Your comments are of extreme concern to me and I will personally address each issue with the concerned manager and ensure that immediate corrective action is taken and especially with regards to food quality ,in order that these will no longer reflect on the normal high standards and services that we offer as a company.

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Sharm El Sheikh in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have stayed in numerous 5 star hotels in Sharm and this is by far the best one and I would definitley stay there again. The facilities are endless (ie. the number of pools, heated pool, a pool undercover in a cave like feature ) . The staff were so friendly and polite and their service was endless. We bonded well with one particular member of staff, his name is Mahmoud, and he works on the pool or on the beach. He works so hard and loves his work and is very dedicated to his job. He made our stay very special!!! Cant wait to return to this hotel ASAP.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Garret/Amelia C
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Garret/Amelia C,
We are pleased that your recent stay has matched your expectations and are grateful for your sojourn at Radisson Blu Resort.
It makes us very proud and glad to know that our hotel is one of the best you have visited. We are more than glad, that we with our service and facilities could provide you a lovely stay upon your first visit to Radisson, which gave you a great impression, so that you are planning to come back again.

We will be very pleased, if we can be your host once again in the near future and we are looking forward to seeing you.

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Anwar Hawary, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and i stayed for a week at this hotel during the the last week in march. We were very impressed the hotel reminds us of Taba Heights with its lovely gardens and wide beach. The staff were excellent as was the condition of our room and the hotel in general.
The rooms are large, comfortable and quite spred out throughout the site.
Swimming in sea can be difficult as part of sharm is a liitle exposed and swimming is dependant on the tide and condition of the wind.
In terms of value for money and a real international family hotel the Radisson Blu takes some beating.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MikeJaneRham

Dear MikeJaneRham,
Thank you for sharing such a "GREAT" review with your fellow TripAdvisor community members. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are constantly striving to provide an excellent service experience; hence we are very pleased to hear we have been successful in doing a great impact and our hotel "takes some beating".

We look forward hosting you again soon to spoil you more.

Kind Regards,

Barcelo Tiran Sharm
Barcelo Tiran Sharm
#11 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#50 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!