“EXCELLENT SERVICE staff & Landscaping, but sickness dampened the holiday”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Lucerne, Switzerland
“EXCELLENT SERVICE staff & Landscaping, but sickness dampened the holiday”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our stay from april 25- May 3 was pleasant. First impressions. Nervous, thought the reception area in need of a modern update a wow factor especially for most of us used to entering the wow factor hotel- there is a big vase with a few strangely arranged bunches for flowers that made me think we were going to see horrible dirty rooms. Reception staff friendly and welcoming and concierge EXCELLENT - really really EXCELLENT. Pity Raddison Blu could not help them with update the lobby!
Our beach front room was a very nice surprise and an early check in after a long miserable overnight in Ciaro airport was much appreciated! Beds comfortable and the room attendant was excellent (we were in room 7182). He made sculptures and art from towels decorated with fresh flowers from just steps outside our door - our daughter loved coming back to a clean room and discovering this gift of towels and flowers! These little details are really thoughtful. We had a nasty nasty stomach sickness which meant a lot of towels, sheet changes, disinfecting etc. Our attendant was always so thorough and nice. He often delivered extra bottled water and treats for the kids. Many of the employees brought nice treats candy etc for the kids- it must be the generous Egyptian culture- seriously friendly and thoughtful- especially everywhere we went with the children!
While dining we were looked after by Mohammed because we always wanted to find his section. After waiting on us once he always saved us a spot, always made sure we had ice in our beverages (not the norm at all!), ripe bananas and watermelon (even when it was not offered at the buffet). Having a table saved for us at every meal made "meeting up" at mealtimes soooo much easier and with the dinner time crowds it can be unpleasantly competitive. A little tipping goes A LONG WAY!

Mahmoud by the pool was so nice and friendly and always willing to play with the children, carry them across the hot tiles to the sun lounges. He always made sure we had a good seat with an umbrella. He is an incredible spirit- always happy, loves his work, friendly, not pushy- JUST SUPPER NICE.

Usma at the kids club was AMAZING- she takes such great care of the kids and really goes above and beyond (my daughter had a diarrhea accident in her swim trunks and Usma cleaned her up- and the trunks!) I tried to pay her and she wouldn't even take it. She works long hours and NEVER has a complaint- she really loves the kids and it shows! Kids stayed up late most nights for the kids disco and again Usma seems to have lots of energy leading them in fun, age-appropriate dancing and singing time!!! If we could have persuaded her to come home with us- we would have!
The spa staff was nice- but I think poorly trained. The beautiful spa reception girl was always helpful, and Musafas team of threading gurus did an amazing job with my husbands back and prickly ears!!! I HIGHLY recommend! As for the pedicures- not American standard- and massages were half and half- some decent and some terrible- depending on who gave them. You must insist on the best and someone really strong and experienced- otherwise it was a mechanical back rub, by nice but poorly trained girls. They love selling the 4 massage package and throwing in a facial and a spa scrub- In general I think one great massage would have been enough - the spa scrub is a waist of money- a little sloppy and as I mentioned not up to American or European standard. I didn't even go to the facial because I had a little too much sun and didn't want to irritate my skin- plus I was a little skeptical about quality of products used on my skin. It became a scheduling hassle to try to cram in a massage whilst our main focus for the trip was diving. Again - my husbands shave, haircut, and threading were amazing and great value but save your money on the rest.
Now about the food.... It caters to Russian pallets I suppose. Don't really care for buffet eating or Queing for food especially on holiday. In general all inclusive food is usually not the best. I have been on a few cruises etc. and this was about average for that. There was always some salad to eat but the bread seemed dry and the desserts weren't really american style cakes or European pastries- you see when countries try and replicate creams and cheeses with out the proper dairy and refrigeration they seem to substitute with a lot of gelatin- it was strange and unappetizing and not very sweet (again american pallets prefer sweeter desserts), but I can say that many people loved it. Especially the Russians who were easy to get a long with and even a few somewhat friendly but forget about congeniality at dinner time. They seem to have a hard time waiting in a que. We had many old men with plates piled high with food cram in front of us (me and the children- trying to get the children's dinners) as if there was not enough food to eat. The quality overall was barely average. They had homemade pancakes and waffles in the morning but no syrup, and the chocolate sauce... hard to say exactly what it really was? On Egyptian night they did an EXCELLENT job, but the rest of the time when trying to cater to European and Russian guest it was mediocre. The staff was soooo extremely nice however we never minded that much. Even when we were very ill for much of our visit (I have to suspect the food and beverages might be to blame), the staff and dining room manager was ever so helpful getting fresh mellon, rice and soup for us. If I visited again I would not get the all inclusive package and just try and find somewhere else to eat. That said this resort is not in a very busy area for restaurants and shopping and thats why we did the all inclusive deal to begin with.
Beach was disappointing- coral. I didn't know the area well enough when we booked- It just isn't a beautiful sang beach that invites the children to play for hours... the pools however make up for the beach!!!! AND can I say the flowers were abundant and beautiful! Landscaping is really excellent!
An Added note- R. Blu is building an new dive shop- the guys were good, nice, not pushy. We worked with Dive master Manzone- I HIGHLY RECOMMEND- his english was perfect, he really worked on safety and skills and made us truly better divers. He was always accommodating -even stopped to help us get medicine at pharmacy one day. Made several great local recommendations and tips on where to procure dive equipment. He fought us some Egyptian, and schooled us on little nuances in local culture. He is an excellent ambassador for this country! HE IS AWESOME and all you have to do is ask to work with him- he is known by is last name Manzone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Hollee T,
Receiving feedback from our guests is crucial for us to further improve our service and product delivery, hence much appreciated. And I can assure you that we will be using your input during our departmental team discussions.

Thank you for sharing your experience Radisson Blu on TripAdvisor .We are pleased to know that you found our Reception staff are friendly and welcoming, concierge Excellent, the sea front room was amazing and comfortable.

Likewise, thank you for pointing out the low keys in our resort. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a resort family. Without your feedback, we would not know on what area we needed to focus. We are committed to fully reviewing the circumstances that would have contributed to a less than satisfactory experience. Should your comments have been raised to any of the Management Team during your stay, we would definitely have taken the necessary action on it.

In our commitment to providing you with the best quality in all aspects of hospitality, it greatly concerns us to learn that we had not lived up to your expectations on some occasions of your holiday and we would like to apologize for this.
We are delighted to know that you appreciate the staff, Mahmoud at the pool, MOhammed at the dinning restaurant, Asmaa at kid's club, the Spa staff, the diving Center staff especially Manzone and the service provided

I do hope that the above explanations lightened the points that Hollee T, in this review and readers will still have good impression towards the magical and beautiful paradise called “Radisson Blu Resort”.

Again thank you for the invaluable feedback. Thanks for visiting us and we trust that you will consider us in your future travel plans.

anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here 22.3 - 6.4.14 for a relaxing 2 week holiday. We had the most fantastic large room overlooking the gardens. Food was great, although when we went for dinner at about 8.20 one side of the restaurant was closed but the other side was either too full or not set up for guests to eat.
Excellent pool but insufficient sunbeds for the amount of guests there. Another pool would have been an idea for the people who kept playing water polo and the ball bouncing all over the people snoozing and relaxing.
Was lovely to walk down the jetty and watch all the beautiful fish, plenty of sunbeds and helpful staff there.
Special mention to Mojammed in the restaurant who was always smiling and extremely helpful, along with Ibrahim who cleaned the room during our stay.
Also a mention for the doctor in the medical centre at the hotel, who I saw after a fall for 3 days when I damaged my shoulder.
Many thanks to everyone for making our holiday so enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Jokey-jules,
What a wonderful review, we continuously trained our Employees to listen and be attentive to their customers, and it seems that it is paying!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and recognizing our service and facilities, particularly the guest room, Jetty and pool facilities! Our swimming pool indeed offers the relaxing atmosphere and good view.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back to your wonderful vacation again!

Warmest Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Brilliant hotel, very luxurious, the staff are so helpful it's untrue. Mahmoud who gets the pool towels is lovely as is Tarek in the restaurant. He arranged for Ahmed the chef to cook us a special dinner on our last night which was unbelievably good. The towel displays in the room were a treat. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We got a sea view on the first floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Val G
Dear Val G,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh,

We are pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience during your trip; for us there is nothing more rewarding than a positive feedback from a happy guest.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Blu Resort for your stay in Sharm.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

With my best Regards,

Manchester, UK
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a fabulous holiday at the R. Blu, it was the first time I've been away since I have been in a wheelchair and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and polite. From Mahmoud at the pool, to Mohamed, Tarek and the beautiful Shimaa in the restaurant, Abdul (Bop) and his entertainments team and of course our ever dependable Eid in the lobby bar we couldn't have been looked after better anywhere. Our room was spotless. The food was great and we didn't get any tummy upsets which we have had on other visits to different hotels in Sharm which was great!! The only criticism we have is that there is no easy way to get from the restaurant to the lobby bar other than my husband pushing me up the hill which at age 62 isn't easy. We already have plans to go back next year in late September to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Anne & Mike

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnneW57
Dear AnneW57,
Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your comments in the Trip Advisor Review following your stay at our resort.
My team and I are delighted to learn that how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the positive remarks regarding our overall the hotel, food and beverage quality. Thank you for your highlight about the food and beverages.

Moreover, I really appreciate your recognition of the efforts of our team. I have also expressed my thanks to them for taking such good care of you during your recent stay.

Unfortunately, I must point out that the club cars are available for our disabled guests at any time, a phone call to reception and the call will goes over.

I am glad to hear that you will return in the future to celebrate your wedding anniversary and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.

Kind Regards,

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed with family during Eid Aladha in October 2013. Very nice room with a very nice view. Food mediocre at best. Can't be rated as 5 stars for sure. Flies were hovering over at bakery items in breakfast. We are all-inclusive but we found the snacks most of the time not very tempting with exception of the burgers which were really yummy. Soft drinks are very watery and of low quality. Cake and tea time in the reception area was very nice. The hotel grounds are amazing very well kept and very pleasing to the eye. The kids animation team was fantastic with lots of entertaining activities during day and night. The spa was marvelous, we loved it so much. The beach was very rocky so we had to go to the neighboring beach which was better. When we were checking out they tried to charge us for drinks we didn't consumer from the minibar but we agreed with them and we didn't pay. Overall very good stay but food should be improved.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mahmoud I
Dear Mahmoud I,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for your review post your stay back in October 2013. While we are happy to read that you found the resort itself, our service, rooms, Spa, animation activities and amenities great.

we are distressed to read that you were unhappy with the flies on the bakery items on breakfast, we now sort this out by put a small home for the birds full with leftover bakeries to avoid it might comes inside the restaurant.

our snacks, now we extended with a new concept and live Pizza oven, a wide selection of the sandwiches every day, and we did not received single comment about it.

finally, our area full of coral reefs, this why our beach is coral, we do have a jetty easy access to the sea.

Once again, thank you for your review and for staying with us here. We highly appreciate and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Heckmondwike
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Great hotel, food OK for Egypt- when I left my food in the main restaurant, the restaurant manager fetched the chef and they offered to cook me anything I wanted- great service
the negatives are the wifi in the lobby ( If you need it use it after breakfast) you cannot connect after 7pm as everyone is trying to get on and there are no tea/coffee making facilities in your room

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

Dear georgemjohnson,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

We appreciate your recent business at Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh and thank you for your positive contribution here above, Our Chefs are always trying to fulfill our dear customers’ requirements by even preparing additionally individual dishes for our client’s needs to ensure their satisfaction.
We have now extended the internet in various areas of the resort that I am sure will gather your full satisfaction on a future visit.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back again to our property Radisson Blu.

Sincerely ,

Anwar Hawary, Rooms Division Manager
Anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Me and my aunt are currently on our second day into our holiday and I want to warn anyone coming to stay here to stay away from the supermarket complex across the road from the hotel. We went for a leisurely browse and had the worst and scariest experience ever. We were conned into perfume shop called Ali Baba. We were trapped for 2 hrs and eventually managed to escape with the owner shouting and swearing at us. I wanted to put this on here to warn other visitors of this! It is unsafe especially for females

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank missross13
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear missross13,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Please rest assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and we have done a thorough and careful evaluation of what you say about the supermarket outside.

Could you please contact me as soon as you can in order to know a clear vision to act a series reaction against this shop. ( I'm available from 08:00h to 20:00h) please ask reception.

Thanks & Best Regards.

Anwar.hawary@radissonblu.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#11 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#63 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#60 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#74 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!