“nice hotel”

Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 9 June 2014

the overall experience was nice, we went for the all inclusive paclage.

1- The hotel location is very good, far away from Ne3ma bay and all the noise there, and located at a nice spot on the sea.

2- Food Food Food, they had a very wide variety of food, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the food was my best part :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aasem E
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Aasem E,
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh team!

Thank you so much for your recent review on trip advisor. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay on our resort and that you loved the food! I am delighted to hear that you’ve had a great holiday in our resort.

Again thank you for the invaluable feedback. Thanks for visiting with us and we trust that you will consider us in your future travel plans.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

1st trip to Sharm, 1st time I've ever stayed at a Radisson resort and trust me I will go back to this resort for years to come!
The quality of every single aspect of this hotel is second to none. The staff cannot do enough for you, the 2 Ahmed's at the lobby bar, Ronka and the rest of the entertainment team, the guys around the pool bar, teams at the seafood and Italian restaurants and not forgetting Mustafa and the Diving Centre team who are based there, if you've never dived you HAVE to dive with these guys, they are incredible and great value for money!

BOOK IT!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kieran A

Dear Kieran A,
What a "STUNNING" of a review! We very much appreciate your kind recommendations of our hotel and the entire TEAM is extremely happy to hear that we have been able to provide you with a memorable and relaxing experience with us.

I will defiantly pass on your comments to all the staff mentioned; I know they will appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Transfer time from airport approx 10mins.

Taken to room by buggy.

Rooms large and spacious. Tea and coffee making facilities. Seperate bath and shower. There is also a safe in the wardrobe for ur valuables.

Cleaning done on a regular basis.

All inclusive food is buffet style for brek/lunch/dinner so it is very repetitive.

Entertainment team are present around the main pool from about 10 till 1230 then 3pm till about 5ish. They are very enthusiastic and sometimes them coming up to you all the time can get a bit irritating but they mean well. There is normally some kind of performance most evenings which they tell you about.

There is a beach but it is not sandy. Local dive centre here but not tried them. They are regularly giving try dives in the pool if anyone fancies having a go.

Reception are quite helpful although they do seem to struggle understanding english sometimes which can be difficult to explain to them what you want.

There are shops etc and pharmacy directly outside the hotel but be prepared to be haggled as they all want ur business!!! If you get the delly belly, ask at the Pharmacy for Antinal. A pack is 20 egyptian. Dont pay anymore.

Weather is extremely hot here so dont bring anything less than factor 50!

Enjoy my pics xx

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sammie1781

Dear Sammie1781,
Warmest Greeting from Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review regarding your stay. Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services.

It is great to know that you have chosen our resort for your holiday destination and that the associates of our resort have made your stay at pleasant one. The genuine care and comfort of our guest is always our highest mission.
Your concerns and feedback have been acknowledged, noted and shared to our management. Be rest assured that your next visit will be even a more pleasurable one, as we continuously strive to provide the most memorable and unique stay for our guests.

Please feel free to contact us personally if we may be of any assistance pertaining to a future booking

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

First Timers to Egypt Sharm El Sheikh and definitely not the last.
We stayed here from 21st May to 4th June 2014 on an all inclusive basis. We can honestly say this is by far the best hotel we have stayed in for an overall fantastic holiday experience. We arrived at the Hotel with a smiles on our faces and left with smiles, albeit with a touch of saddness that we had to go back home.

It is, in our opinion, an excellently managed Hotel which is reflected in each and every department. It is spotlessly clean and very well maintained. The extensive grounds and garden areas are absolutely beautiful and are only interrupted by cleverly designed streams and small venetian style bridges. It has a wonderfully large main pool and pool-side bar and also pools for toddlers and young children. We did spend most of our time around the main pool but there is also a lovely beach with its own bar and sports and children's play area. Sauna, Spa, Gym and Jacuzzi something for everyone.

Our Twin Room (4207) had a large balcony and a lovely aspect over looking well tendered gardens and was a good size. It had air conditioning, TV, walk-in wardrobe, safe and minibar and Tea and Coffee making facilities. A large bathroom with both Shower and a bath all spotlessly clean.

Upon our arrival we were looked after with professionalism and attentiveness which continued throughout our entire stay. This Hotel, we believe, stands out from most others because it has a wonderful and attentive Management and Staffing system in place. They will do everything they possibly can to make your stay a happy one.

There is a wide selection of Food available to suit all tastes and of good quality at Olivos restaurant but if at any time you feel like a change our advice is seek out the a la Carte restaurants on site,.

If you come to Egypt and indeed this Hotel with a happy disposition and treat everyone you meet as you would like to be treated yourself we can assure that you will be looked after and have a wonderful time.

There are so many people we would like to thank for making our stay at the Radisson Blu so fantastic it is impossible to mention them all. We do feel however that Special Thanks must go to the General Manager Amr Abdelsamie and Assistant Recreation Manager (Mostafa Salah) for your attentiveness in ensuring that should we have had any issues or thoughts that you were there for us no matter what.
Thank you to all the Catering Team in Olivos especially (Mohamed Ramadan), (Khaled Osama) in the Pool Bar, such fantastic service always with a smile and cheery banter. Thank you to Alaa, our very own Sunbed Man who ensured we were looked after and finally the Entertainment Team, (Hesham, Fire, Romka and the especially lovely Hadeer) Thank you! for giving us so many Funny and Happy memories to take home with us. Sorry to anyone not mentioned but so many names to remember but we do thank you all.

Good Points: Fantastic Hotel, Management and well trained Staff

Bad Points: We didn't find any.

Looking forward to coming back as soon as possible!

Thank You!
David and Carol

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank David S
Anwar_Hawary, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear David S,
The TEAM at the Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh is excited to hear they have been able to create a relaxing getaway for you and your family to completely unwind. Your detailed comments on the room facilities, your restaurant experience and more importantly - the genuine service received - are much appreciated and will be celebrated with everyone at the hotel.

Your recommendations on the genuine service received by our TEAM , and specially the animation team are truly appreciated and will be celebrated with everyone.

Hope to welcome you back soon to Radisson Blu.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Firstly I would like to say that I use the Radisson chain on a regular basis due to the service I've received. However this trip has surpassed all of my expectations.

On arrival I received a room upgrade which was gladly accepted and taken by buggy to my room. The room was clean and overlooked the sea and Tiran Island. So great views.

On the private beach I was approached by a member of the Butterfly Spa team who offered me a great discount on their services. This again was welcomed and the massage was very good.

The food in all the restaurants is of a high standard and good variety offered.

On my trip I had to respond to an urgent email and the reception staff allowed me to log on to their system to do this. You are a life saver. Thank you. Roger

Khalad in the pool bar was fantastic ensuring my drinks were replenished without the need for me to get up and request this.

So a 10/10 experience received by the team in Sharm el Sheikh. I'm not looking forward to leaving on Thursday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Roger H
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a fortnight here end of March early April 2014. We have been to this area of Sharm several times and we think it is in a very good location. We were happy with the size of the large bedroom. One of the biggest balconies we have ever had, which overlooked the pool and part of the sea. The grounds at the hotel are wonderful and are tended to with care. Compliments to all the gardeners. The majority of the staff were very helpful. The down side of this hotel was some of the food. We were not ill at all, but we found the food very plain and not as much choice as we have had in other hotels in the same area. There are only so many beef dishes you can make with similar ingredients eg, beef stew, beef goulash, beef with vegetables, and beef bernaise !!!! The alcohol, in particular the vodka and gin, were, to be honest, disgusting. So much so we drank the dark rum and sometimes the red wine. I would have given this hotel a five star rating, but the food and beverages let it down, so therefore I would rate it. Maximum of four stat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We opted for the Radisson as an international brand which we expected to come up to its reputation elsewhere - how wrong we were - I would be kind to rate this as a 3-star with the exception of the grounds.

Having read the previous reviews I wonder if I was in the same place!! The only thing I agree with is the helpfulness of the staff and the lovely gardens. Particular thanks to Alaa the towel guy at the main pool - couldn't do enough to help, Ahmed Ibrahim in the restaurant who was always attentive and helpful and Khaled at the pool bar.

Now for the reality:

Disgusting - ranged from barely edible to absolutely dire - and never much hotter than room temperature. Little variety on "hot" food which was so bad we survived mostly on cold chips and bread (which was actually quite good).

Drinks

I accept that on an all inclusive deal that local spirits are provided. However, whilst I do not expect the same quality as branded drinks, I expect the strength to be somewhere close to the norm. Spirits (Which were dispensed from plain bottles with Radisson sticky labels on them) were so watered down (in particular the white spirits) that I suspect that the beer had a higher alcohol content. Even the orange juice seemed to be watered down. This is a cynical way to treat guests.

Service was generally OK although definitely not up to 5-star standard (Example - cup of tea served with no saucer, teabag stuffed in the cup and no spoon!!). However, the staff were all helpful and a couple of issues we had were dealt with.

I did mention the food quality and watered down drinks to the Manager but got no real response.

Room

A lovely big room but oh so tired. Comfortable beds with the exception of the over-worn sheets which were bobbled to the point of discomfort. Some mould in the shower, broken and missing grout and sealant. Could have been so much nicer with a little effort, but was OK for our needs. On the plus side sheets and towels were replaced regularly, if not daily and the room was well cleaned each day.

Facilities.

There was nowhere at all to escape the hoards of badly behaved children and the large number of screaming babies many of whom could not have been over 6 months old. The kids ran riot throughout the hotel at all hours and well past midnight. There was no escape other than outside of the hotel. One huge recommendation I would have is to have at least some areas which are adults only. Give us non-parents some respite. I think that I am not unusual in thinking that changing a babies nappy at the table in a restaurant is somewhat unacceptable? It happened!!

Guests

Mostly Russians and Poles. I do not like to generalise normally but we found most of them rude to the extreme and with no control over their children. Not the hotels problem.

Overall

A huge disappointment as we chose what was supposed to be a 5-star hotel under the guise of a major international chain which did not come up to expectations or previous experiences we have had from that brand. The rating needs to be reviewed. We will not be returning.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel