“Charming Sharm”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Charming Sharm”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Well what can I say, Hotel room was very clean linen changed daily.Romka, Lisa, and H and Islam, were all great with my 3 kids. A special thanks to Ramadan and Mr Adam for making one of our last nights at the hotel special and arranging a meal for my family and 10 others at La Grotto.
The service from all staff is exceptional they cannot do enough for you anytime of the day or night The food is not great but you will find something on the menu most of the time that you can eat, I think this is a reflection of the price you pay for your stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 611james
Amr_Abdelsamie, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear 611james,
Greetings from the Radisson Blu team!

Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay on our resort and that you found are staff, fantastic and loved the animation! I am delighted to hear that you’ve had a great holiday in our resort. I am ecstatic to know that Ramadan, Adam, Romka, Islam, H and Lisa and other staff provided you with amazing service. I will be sure to acknowledge their outstanding customer service.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful review and for staying with us here. We highly appreciate and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

Amr Abdelsamie, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a while back with my partner. Our first room had a few faults and defects. We told management and each time they came to fix what was wrong..

We didn't want to complain any more but then there was a problem with our door lock. We told management and because of the trouble we had the previous day they immediately upgraded us to a new luxurious suite.

From then on there were no more problems.

Nice hotel with all the facilities to stay on the resort.

Stayed August 2013
Dear 1988AC,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review.
As we are always trying to do our utmost for our guests’ 100 % guest satisfaction and to keep up our service standards with Yes I Can spirit , your very positive feedback, especially referring proactive of the staff, is highly appreciated. We are always so Happy to be able to communicate our Happiness to our guest.

We do hope that you will be back soon so that we may spoil you a bit more!

Kindly accept our warmest regards from the Red Sea shores.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

- terrible and low quality service
- restaurant quality and quantity were poor
- annoying attitude from waiters and managers
- after escalating our complains to the manager, nothing changed.
Don't recommend it at all

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Peter K
Dear Peter K,
We would like to thank you for your recent visit at Radisson Blu Resort and for your inputs here above.
I am truly contrite by your expressed main dissatisfaction to which I am apologetic. Some changes are planned, despite that the words used, “horrible, terrible”, seem to be quite excessive.

I am looking forward to having you in the next period, witnessing and enjoying the implementations made that I wish will gather your entire fulfillment.

Dear Peter K, in spite of your disappointment on this occasion, we do indeed anticipate, at some point in the future, to have an opportunity to be of better service to you to which i will be glad to offer my personalized contributions.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have to get the negatives out of the way simply because it wouldn't be fair to end on a negative note.
The food was very poor especially for vegetarians. We managed to get meat in our food several times despite being labeled as vegetarian.
Thanks to Hafez, Mohammed and Mr Adam this matter was quickly rectified. We were given food directly to our table and the chefs making the pasta changed the pan from meat to veg when it was requested.
We even had food specially prepared and on several occasion delivered to our room.
My crticism isn't on the food per say, but I would REALLY like to see a hotel of this standard be more accommodating to vegetarians. I saw this effort being made during our stay, I just wish it continues now that we have left.
The wifi was only available in the lobby, no bad thing for me, since I was supposed to be away from the office.
The hotel itself is really nice, the location is great, our room was SPECTACUlAR..the royal suite . There was plenty of space a wonderful balcony...overall none of us wanted to leave !!
To summarise, thank you to everyone at Radisson Blu Sharm el Sheikh for a wonderful holiday I can truly say I would go back, but I would speak to Hafez on arrival to ensure the food matches the rest of our trip.
Almost forgot... Thanks to Romka for the aqua aerobics and evening entertainment

Room Tip: Try and get room no 6205... You won't regret it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sanjnnim
Amr_Abdelsamie, General Manager at Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Sanjnnim ,
It was our pleasure to have the honor of welcoming you and your family in Radisson Blu Resort Sharm EL-Sheikh, your effective comments regarding the vegetarian meals has been taken in our consideration in order to improve the quality and the level of service.

Also I was happy to know that your food issue has been resolved within your stay and you were extremely satisfied with Hafez and Adam reaction.

I and all entire team will be waiting for your next holiday as you promised us.

Until then, kindly accept our warmest regards from the red sea shores.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed at the Radisson Blu 5-15 July 2014 - 2 English women on a girly holiday. Was a bit dissappointed at first the room was nice but not amazing (think we were spoilt last year) Room No 7180 - but lovely sea view. Arrived about 10pm and found a few bits of leftover chicken which was our welcome meal!! disappointing. But once we settled in we had a good time - the best thing is the staff - thanks to Mahmoud at the small pool who kept us smiling the whole way through, Walide from the crows nest - a very under utilised bar mainly because reception don't tell you about it but where you can get fab views across the bay and Saied who looked after our room. The hotel is now clearly aiming for the Russian market - we stayed at the little pool as this seemed to be a British enclave - not that I want to just meet British people when I go away but the Russians can be rather rude at times. We chose the hotel because of its reviews and because of the Radisson Blu name - where I stay in the UK - but as I said it is the food that lets the place down - we found something to eat all the time and it was ok but was definately displayed like school dinners. There are 2 restaurants which you receive vouchers for - NOTE you should receive one for each so if receiption only give you one as they did us - go back and ask for another - the food at these was ok but it was so nice to be served. So overall we had a good time but I wouldn't rush back.

Room Tip: Go to the Steak on a Stone restaurant at the Coral Sea - leave the hotel along the beack head left a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MickAndMand
Dear MickAndMand,
Thank you for your review and your positive comments on your recent stay at Radisson Blu. We are very sorry to realize that we didn’t manage to fulfill your high expectations on some parts of your experience.

We appreciate your positive feedback for the Hotel overall ,and especially our staff and services, but we really regret, that our gastronomy offers in some areas could meet your expectations as our Chefs are always trying to fulfill our dear customers’ requirements by even preparing additionally individual dishes for our client’s needs to ensure their satisfaction.

We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services.

We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have travelled to Egypt many times over the years but this is the first time I've stayed in another hotel other than the hyatt regency, so I wasn't sure how it was going to compare! I'm pleased to say it met all our expectations and we really had such a great holiday. The hotel is lovely and spacious, set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by a lazy river. We had a lovely room (5208) which was in a great location overlooking the sea and a short walk from the beach and the main hotel, it was lovely and spacious and kept very clean by our hard working cleaner! The hotel has 2 pools and has its own large private beach where you can go snorkelling off the jetty or have a dip in the sea to cool down! A special mention to Mahmoud on the beach who had our sun beds ready and waiting for us every day, despite the heat and the fact that it's Ramadan he worked so hard to look after everybody always with a big smile on his face! Also a mention to Islam from the animation team, also known as Mr Bomba! He's such a great guy and really did keep us entertained daily!! Also in the heat he was so energetic getting the guests involved In volley ball, dancing and stretching. He kept my boyfriend occupied everyday whilst I sunbathed! The first couple of days we weren't massively impressed with the food, but it did seem to improve through out the week. It would've been nice to have more variety rather than the same thing each day but we did always find something to eat. I think they were mainly catering for all the greedy Russians! Thank you to the lovely Tarek in the restaurant who looked after us everyday. He's such a friendly man and always made us laugh, every day he would have our table ready with our drinks. He works so hard, you always see him running around making sure everybody is looked after! Every evening there is a show put on by the animation team or you can have drinks in the lobby bar or smoke shisha for only £2! Soho square and Nama bay are also really close by (10 mins). Soho square is really nice with lots of bars and shops and you must see the dancing fountain! There are also bars and shops a short walk from the hotel. We did the boat trip to tiran island which I would recommend, you do 3 snorkel stops and you have lunch on the boat. You can book all sorts of trips with the people on the beach or with your rep. The only issue I really had all holiday was the man from the spa was quite full on when approaching us on the beach, I felt he pressured me so much to book a massage he put me off even going to the spa which is a shame because I love to use the spa on holiday. I really would highly recommend this hotel. Great location, friendly staff and beautiful grounds right on the beach. What more could you want?!

Room Tip: We stayed in 5208 which was close the beach and the main pool and not far to walk to the main restau...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma M
Dear Emma M,
Greetings from the Radisson Blu Resort Sharm El Sheikh team!
Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review on trip advisor. We are delighted that you had a remarkable stay with our resort. We aim to provide a wonderful vacation experience for our guests and your feedback is most encouraging.

I am thrilled to know that our staff provided you with outstanding service. I will be sure to acknowledge their outstanding customer service. Your detailed comments on the room facilities, your restaurant experience and more importantly - the genuine service received - are much appreciated and will be celebrated with everyone at the hotel.

At Radisson Blu we want to exceed our guest expectations. We are happy to know we achieved this and hope to see you back soon on our tranquil shores.

Amr Abdelsamie, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just got back from spending 10 days here. This was our first trip to Egypt and we had an amazing time.

Positives

- staff are friendly and willing to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. A special mention goes to Eid who looked after us always bringing our favourite drinks when we were around the pool. Tarik at the buffet restaurant was always engaging and made sure we had everything we needed. Also our cleaner was amazing we came back to a completely spotless room every day.

- the grounds are lovely just walking through all the different pathways and bridges in the evening is really relaxing.

- the food is great in the a la carte restaurants we has the 214 private 5 course meal we received lovely photos at the end of the meal and the waiters were amazing.

- I would really recommend the trip to Cairo to see the pyramids. While it is quite expensive it's definately worth it and a once in a life time experience.

Negatives

- the food in the main buffet restaurant is honestly not great. It seems to be catered more to the Russians and not spread out very well. There is only one main hot section which ends up having quite a large queue. In the whole 10 days we skipped breakfast and lived off the pizza and chips by the pool at lunch time. Apart from a couple of visits to the buffet we ended up paying to eat in the a la carte restaurants or away from the hotel. Simple things like vegetables on their own instead of being in a 'broccoli salad' and a few more choices of meat would have been good.

- nothing to do with the hotel but there seems to be a lot of Russians there as per the other reviews they are usually extremely rude to other guests and the staff I didn't hear any saying thank you once to bar staff even when they had pushed in the queue for a drink. Make sure you stand your ground and try and ignore them.

- the entertainment team didn't seem to do much in the day apart from aqua aerobics in the morning we had to go and ask them for a volley ball so we could all play a game while they were sat on the floor of their hut chatting and doing nothing. The entertainment rep Lisa was quite intimidating and made no effort to come and talk to us unlike the Egyptian entertainment reps who were really friendly. They need to get the hotel guests socialising more in the day with a few more games and competitions. Everytime we got a volley ball game going ourselves plenty of people joined in including the entertainment team in the end.

Apart from that our stay was lovely and I would definately recommend Egypt to other people. Make sure you take advantage of the boat trips and scuba diving the coral reefs are amazing!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Missashleej
Dear Missashleej,
Greetings from Radisson Blu Resort team and staff!

Thank you for sharing your experience Radisson Blu on TripAdvisor .We are pleased to know that you found our staff great, the sea amazing and you enjoyed snorkeling.

Likewise, thank you for pointing out the low keys in our resort. It's important for us to know your thoughts as it helps us grow as a resort family. Without your feedback, we would not know on what area we needed to focus. We are committed to fully reviewing the circumstances that would have contributed to a less than satisfactory experience.

Again thank you for the invaluable feedback. Thanks for visiting with us and we trust that you will consider us in your future travel plans.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Gold...
#76 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!