“Very good hotel. Excellent service. Excellent food. Beach less good.”

Parrotel Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 7 April 2010

I'm a very high demanding person. Have been once before to Egypt - and not to a bad place... to Sheraton Miramar in El Gouna. So I really can compare. What I can say is that Radisson Blu Resort did fullfill my expectations and that prior to going there I was a bit afraid as I read a lot of negative reviews here.
So what I can say is:

- Staff: excellent. Very friendly, warm service. All problems we had in the room/restaurant were dealt with very quickly and professionnally.

- Cuisine/restaurant: excellent. Yes, you're in Egypt and to some of you after one week it may seem a bit repetitive. But on the other hand all the dishes were very tasty, there were theme buffets, very good quality of food, and for me there was always enough choice. I repeat - I'm very high-demanding picky person. Yes, on the outdoor terrasse there are small birds flying around at the breakfast and lunch time: but you really can not do anything about it, not can the hotel ! So just do not leave your food unattended or cover it with a serviette and you'd be fine. I was with a friend and not me not did not get sick during our stay, and I have been sick before on holidays.

- Yes, it's true that it's not a true all inclusive. The "à la carte" restaurants were not included and may of the drinks were not included. But this did not bother me much because in the main restaurant I always had enough choice and very tasty meals.

- The only really minor point for me was the beach. There is no beach as such, first 20-30 m are not profound at all, and at the most of the day water goes back with low tide (marée basse). So the only real opportunity to swim in the sea is from the "ponton", but be aware that: there are a lot of people swimming there around the stairs going into the water, the going into the water/climbing out of it is not easy, especially if there are waves and many people pushing each other, that it's at once >20m deep and you don't see the bottom of the sea, which can be quite scary if it's the first time you swim in such deep sea waters. So for me swimming/snorlkeling in that hotel was not ideal, whcih is a pitty.

- SPA: ask the best professionnal masseur and you would not be disappointed. Don't take girls. I asked for a girl twice. First one was nog good. Second one was bad, so I stopped the massage and got after 15 min a man that was fantastic. real professionnal. Excellent massage. So if you don't like something - say it there, instead of coming back unsatisfied and writing bad reviews here. Really.

All in all I had an excellent holiday and for me it was over too soon (I stayed one week). Just when my skin was getting used a bit to the very strong sun and just as I was not so afraid anymore to swim and snorkel in the deep sea...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,526)

Reviewed 7 April 2010

the staff veered between agression and contemtp particuarly when they were selling crap that you had made clear you didn't want ,then the nasty came in ,all bearly disguised as some joking that you were getting,between this and hustling for tips it made relaxing impossible,tyou felt like you didn,t know where it was coming from next.The people in the padi dive college had at least a bit of cop on though there sell was also a bit wrorg.Don't get me wrong I have been in morocco and have seen hard sell but a little humour not nastriness when the result they want is no acheived.

1  Thank manus007
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We've just returned after a week at the Radisson, re-read these reviews, and really don't believe we've been staying in the same hotel as 99% of these people! The food was poor to appalling in all of the outlets/restaurants - we refused to eat/pay for some of it. They never once got the room service breakfast right. The main pool was mostly empty - because it was freezing cold. The spa treatment was not acceptable, certainly not for the money. The beach parties and associated late night noise were ridiculous. Ditto the staff constantly trying to sell stuff to us. Reception mislaid our passports, said it was us that lost them - they found them just in time for us to make our flight.

The room was good, as was the housekeeping service.

We've stayed in all types of accommodation all over the world over many years. This was a poor 3 star, and not a patch on other Radisson resorts we've visited. We are flabbergasted at the glowing reviews posted here.....

1  Thank BMcKDublin_Ireland
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Third time in Sharm and definitely the best hotel out of the three. Some of the rooms seem a bit more tired than others but it looked like they were being updated/decorated several at a time and the ones which had already been done looked beautiful. Lovely gardens/waterfalls/bridges/bougainvillea etc
Anyway - good stuff - weather (tho freakishly windy the first week), food (ask the Chef if you fancy anything which isn't on the buffet), shops opposite (not huge amounts of hassle), regular shuttle bus to Na'ama Bay (about 5 euro), trip to St Catherine's Monastery, accommodating and friendly staff, the usual towel sculptures prepared by the cleaner.
Not so good stuff - there is a lot which isn't included in the "all inclusive" which I find irritating - either you are paying for an all-inclusive holiday or you're not but some of the restaurants and some of the seafood is extra. One of the waiters tried to charge us for drinks at the Crows Nest and then half an hour later said "oh you can have it free". Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (and we arrived at 5.30am!) They did offer us a room to crash in which was ok but just an aggravation. They do try the hard sell for the "theme nights" in some of the other restaurants, all inclusive guests get 25% off the bill.
All in all though we had a lovely time and would recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2010

We were looking for a week in the sun and had never been on an all inclusive hooliday before.
We read a number of reports before we booked this hotel and had some concerns based on some reports on the quality of the food. Let me say upfront that the food was very good for a hotel that caters for all inclusive. The staff are excellent and very friendly and always go out of their way to serve with a smile. The food was quite varied and of good quality and plenty of it. The wine was also pretty good both red and white though the white could be chilled more in the main restaurant. The pool bar is very popular and the staff do a great job there. The main bar in reception could be better as it does not have any atmosphere.
The "pub" was not open and the only other restaurant that was open was Il Grotto which was always quiet (maybe the time of the year). The hotel (resort) is very peaceful and quiet and we never had any trouble getting a sun bed round the pool or at the beach.
Overall we had a great week, enjoyed the food and the wine and found the staff and hotel to be excellent. A special note is the quality of the grounds which are very well kept and provide a great back drop.

2  Thank gsb502008
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I have just returned from 8 nights at the Radisson Blu, Sharm. I booked myself and my husband in to a Marine Club Room at a B&B rate. We were persuaded to upgrade to all inclusive once there.

The Marine Club rooms are right on the beach and are the only room types offering beach front views. We stayed in 7179 which was right on the end, so we only had a neighbouring room on one side. There were some beautifully landscaped gardens beyond the terrace of the room. We could put our sunbeds on the grass and lie out all day, looking across the beach to the sea.

Little annoyed at the amount of sales people from the hotel pestering us. I feel we paid the hotel enough for our accommodation but almost everywhere we went, we had people trying to persuade us to upgrade again, buy excursions, buy even more diving trips than we had already, buy tickets for special seafood nights, buy lobster which isn't included in the All Inclusive package, buy a henna tattoo etc etc.

As soon as one sales person left us alone, another appeared just a few minutes later. On our first night, we ate at the Italian restaurant. A woman approached and managed to convince us to upgrade to all inclusive. She pulled up a chair to our table and started filling in forms while we were trying to enjoy our first night dinner. One she left, a waiter came over to ask us to their special seafood night. We said OK. We weren't told it would cost extra until I checked on the day of the event.

The all inc. deal is only for local alcohol. The beer is very nice. The spirits are not. Vodka and tonic tastes like vinegar and soda! So if you are not fussy, go for it! I asked for a glass of red wine at the Italian one night and got white wine with strawberry juice.

The room was nice, big but basic. Bathroom had separate shower and bath. A little tired but was fine and served it's purpose well. Beds were rock hard. Really uncomfortable. Pillows also rock hard. Slept badly throughout our stay.

Had extreme wind and 3 overcast days. The beach is very nice as is the pool. Stunning landscaped gardens all around the hotel. Dozens of little romantic bridges and waterfalls.

Spa was not a good experience. It was underground and the rooms were dirty and not fully decorated. I had a manicure and pedicure. Immediately they tried to sell me more treatments and packages! They had run out of most colours of nail varnish. The ones I did settle for never set dry and therefore came off a few hours later. They were very pleasant there though. Just don't expect luxury!

The beds around the pool get nabbed by the Russians at about 8am.

I used tap water to brush my teeth every day and had no tummy bugs. Had ice in my drinks too and was fine. Hubby was not so fortunate!

Trade Winds, the restaurant on the beach was in my opinion the best place to eat. Very empty at night but great food and lovely staff.

The Lebanese restaurant was very slow. Waited 1 1/4 hours for starters to arrive.

The Italian had great food but they sat us at the same table each time we dined there and I found the same dirty, food stained napkin in my setting each time.

All in all, a really nice hotel and really loved the room on the beach. Had a lovely time. Just wouldn't call the room itself 5 star.

5  Thank Hoonay
Reviewed 25 March 2010

The spaciousness of the hotel grounds is amazing. It looks great at night and by day. We have just come back from a week's all inclusive stay. The weather was not great. It was extremely windy, which apparently has never happened before according to the staff. The only down side for me was the snorkelling off the jetty. Nabq bay has strong current and the variety of fish is not as good as Hadaba bay. The weather affected the activities available with the animation team and therefore my teenage son was bored. I really enjoyed the food. They have a chef dedicated to cutting salad to order, which I have not seen before in other sharm hotels. The meat and fish that was grilled outside the restaurant was very good. I don't know what star you would give it, but as far as hotels in sharm go, it is up there at the top (not including the really expensive hotels like four seasons) They are in the process of refurbishing as it is looking tired - the bathrooms are not quite up to scratch, and the brown water is quite disconcerting! Another good point is that you can walk for quite a long way along the promenade by the beach, without resorting to walking along the road and getting beeped at non stop. Also quite a large range of nationalities, other hotels we have stayed at in sharm had a strong russian contingency. All in all a very relaxing holiday!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank pinky13Kent
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#5 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh Naama Bay
Movenpick Resort Sharm El Sheikh...
#9 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
14 mi away
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#52 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Parrotel Beach Resort? Share your experiences!