I'm a very high demanding person. Have been once before to Egypt - and not to a bad place... to Sheraton Miramar in El Gouna. So I really can compare. What I can say is that Radisson Blu Resort did fullfill my expectations and that prior to going there I was a bit afraid as I read a lot of negative reviews here.
So what I can say is:
- Staff: excellent. Very friendly, warm service. All problems we had in the room/restaurant were dealt with very quickly and professionnally.
- Cuisine/restaurant: excellent. Yes, you're in Egypt and to some of you after one week it may seem a bit repetitive. But on the other hand all the dishes were very tasty, there were theme buffets, very good quality of food, and for me there was always enough choice. I repeat - I'm very high-demanding picky person. Yes, on the outdoor terrasse there are small birds flying around at the breakfast and lunch time: but you really can not do anything about it, not can the hotel ! So just do not leave your food unattended or cover it with a serviette and you'd be fine. I was with a friend and not me not did not get sick during our stay, and I have been sick before on holidays.
- Yes, it's true that it's not a true all inclusive. The "à la carte" restaurants were not included and may of the drinks were not included. But this did not bother me much because in the main restaurant I always had enough choice and very tasty meals.
- The only really minor point for me was the beach. There is no beach as such, first 20-30 m are not profound at all, and at the most of the day water goes back with low tide (marée basse). So the only real opportunity to swim in the sea is from the "ponton", but be aware that: there are a lot of people swimming there around the stairs going into the water, the going into the water/climbing out of it is not easy, especially if there are waves and many people pushing each other, that it's at once >20m deep and you don't see the bottom of the sea, which can be quite scary if it's the first time you swim in such deep sea waters. So for me swimming/snorlkeling in that hotel was not ideal, whcih is a pitty.
- SPA: ask the best professionnal masseur and you would not be disappointed. Don't take girls. I asked for a girl twice. First one was nog good. Second one was bad, so I stopped the massage and got after 15 min a man that was fantastic. real professionnal. Excellent massage. So if you don't like something - say it there, instead of coming back unsatisfied and writing bad reviews here. Really.
All in all I had an excellent holiday and for me it was over too soon (I stayed one week). Just when my skin was getting used a bit to the very strong sun and just as I was not so afraid anymore to swim and snorkel in the deep sea...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, HostelWorld, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Parrotel Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Radisson
- Radisson Sas Sharm El Sheikh
- Radisson Sharm El-Sheikh
- Radisson Sas Egypt
- Parrotel Beach Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay