“FANTASTIC !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Chester,UK
“FANTASTIC !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2010

We (Family group of 6) have just return from a week stay at the Radisson Blu in Nabq. Please ignore the bad reviews for this hotel. We found the staff to be fantastic and they could not do enough for us. The rooms (we had three garden rooms) were enormous and kept beautifully clean. Ahmed kept us well entertained with his animal bed "art" and went to a great deal of trouble on my bithday to decorate the bed with a bath towel birthday cake and large amounts of flowers from the gardens.Likewise Mohammed in the dinning room(turn left as you go in) organised the table to be decorated , a band of kitchen utensils played with gusto by the waiters and a birthday cake. Fanastic people ! There was a variety of themed buffets catering for all nationalities and none of us were ill.
Between the six of us we have travelled all over the world from 1star backpackers hostels to 6 star luxury and this hotel offers good facilities for a relaxing holiday. If you want raving nightlife - stay in Naama- if you want a great hotel as a base for exploring then this is it. We went to Mount Sinai and Petra in Jordan- trips arranged through Youtravel.com-(also very good). Would be pleased to supply further information if anyone interested.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Serdi13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2010

The first thing we'd like to comment about this hotel would have to be the best thing about it in our view and that is the staff, from the chefs in the resteraunt to the cleaner in our room they were all very helpful, friendly and cheerful. In particular Mohammed#1 (waiter) was great making sure we were totally relaxed and satisfied, our cleaner Ahmed was also a little delight making us towel creatures for the full fortnight! the animation team were simply superb (Sam, Bazuka, kaka and in particularly Ahmed aka Ali G!!!) these simply made our holiday, one negative comment however would be about the animation teams manager Can, unfortunately he was not as professional as his colleagues and we frequently saw him shouting at members of the animation team infront of guests which we thought was a disgrace, frankly the word bully came to mind since the lads worked from 10 in the morning and didnt stop until they had seen us safely back to the hotel at 04.30am after a superb night out!! Another negative would have to be the people selling things in the resort, be sure to negotiate a price before commiting to buy as we found out the hard way and had a confrontation with some gents at the beach (henna tattoo) Anyway . . . apart from the 2 negatives it was a fantastic holiday and we would definantley fo back to this hotel even if it was just to see the staff again! For all of the neagative reviews written about this hotel on this site- these people must be extremely fussy, we were not actually meant to go to this hotel but at the last minute our holiday company had to move us, and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened!!! :) :) :)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kecskemet, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

I spent a wonderful week here from 6th to 13th July. Fabulous surroundings, great place for recreation. I enjoyed every moment of it. I recommend it to anybody who loves swimming in the sea, snorkeling, doing sports or relaxing on the beach. The animators are really cool. Playing volleyball on the beach was real fun, just like doing aqua-gym in the pool. The two animators (the fakir and the man with longer, curly hair - sorry about not knowing their names) are very professional at everything they do. I very much appreciate their efforts to make people happy. Congratulations! The Irish dance is extremely spectacular. I enjoyed the incredible fakir show, as well. But I can't see why they dance in the Amphitheatre where it is too hot even to sit (let alone dance). It should be performed on the stage at the restaurant near the reception. I'm sure more people could enjoy it. I had a great time, I would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
al read
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

It was my first time to visit sharm el sheikh,also it was my honeymoon .I booked for 03 nights then after i stayed 02.nights i asked to extend my stay to be 07.nights.the service was wonderful ,the staff more than excellent ,the weather during tha day time was very hot but during the night time it was wonderful .me and my wife were treated as a prince&princess all the staff take care of us as we were among our family really the staff of this hotel is different they made every thing for us with out thinking TokTok from restaurant ,Hamid from recetion and Fahd from recreation were outstanding reaaly it was a real honeymoon

Stayed July 2010
Celje, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2010

Title says it all .. we visited Radisson Blu for the third time in a row and definitly we will visit it next year.
Very nice staff (Marwa in reception bar, Ramadan at restaurant, Anwar at reception) very polite and word NO is not an option when asking for anything.
Wi-fi (sorry, can't do it without internet even on holidays) in our room is a big plus, nice animation team at the pool ..
One and only remark .. get us more TV stations ;) .. after lunch when cooling in the room (siesta) would be nice to see more programs, but OK ... can pass
As already said before, we will deifintly come next year, this year we also invite/brought another family with us, so i would certainly reccomend hotel to anyone

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I find TripAdvisor really useful so I thought I would share the holiday my girlfriend and I had at the Raddison Blu in Sharm El Sheikh.
Firstly, the transfer is all of 20 mins from the airport, perfect when you have had a 5 hour flight and the process when you arrive is great. Register at the front desk while your bags are organised for you - you are then taken by cart to your room. Perfect after an economy class journey!
The hotel itself is lovely setting, a lot of effort goes into making the flowers and greenery as good as it is and when it is all lit up at night, you know you have come to the right place!
The room was clean, the cleaners excellent and facilities very good. TV channels aren't great but I only watched them when waiting for the other half to finish getting ready (most evenings for about 1/2 hour :) ) and I will be honest, I didn't go to Egypt to watch telly!
The food was great and very varied, get to know the chefs, smile and chat with them and they will remember how you like your omlette, that you prefer beef to chicken or that you hate rice. Likewise with the waiters - we only placed our drink orders for lunch and dinner once on holiday and for the rest of it - they did it from memory, with a smile on their face and the kind of banter that makes a holiday worthwhile. Superb. I would say I have read a couple of negative reviews from people and I can only suppose those people either didnt want to engage or were rude. The waiters are patient people but no ones is inexhaustible - a nice smile and an effort to talk to them will set you up for the rest of the holiday - I promise!
Facilities were great, pools were fantastic, drinks were what you needed them to be - cold and refreshing and I even headed to the gym a few times - very good as well.
We tried both a la carte restaurants (Italian and Seafood) and were impressed with the attention we received (we went out of season so they were very attentive indeed!) as well as the quality of the food.
Lastly, one point to be wary of - people will be selling to you - trips, massages, scuba diving - they walk around the pool and will probably approach you once a day - just smile, say no and they will leave you alone. Don't be frightened to say no if you arent interested. If you dont, prepare for the sales pitch! I was on holiday and took it all in good jest but you get more used to being forceful as it goes on.
Other than that, we had a fantastic time - the staff are great, facilities are great, weather was fabulous, food was great, drinks were copious and we made friends too. I would recommend it to anybody - feel free to ask questions and I will respond on the comments board.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kpovey
birmingham uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

me and my husband decided to go here as a cheap late deal, after a late flight and a very late arrival (3 in the morning) we thought this 4* plus hotel would be right up our street..wrong, the hotel its self was beautiful with stunning grounds and lovely pools, but they were the only things going for this hotel, our in room mini bar we were warned would be a small charge well converted was £3 pre can of coke, we were also told we were going all inclusive but when u get there you realise its just the buffet resturant not the other 3 on the resort if u wanted to use those there was a big fee to pay, the buffet resturant was terrible food wasnt great at all,( fish i ate wasnt cooked) which left me and my husband with very dicky tummys if you not what i mean, we did decide one night to try the al a carte resturant, we wished we never! most staff were rude, slamming ur glasses of drink down on table, we decided after a few attempts not to bother with there cocktails as they were discusting, the nicer list of cocktails were again at a charge! you get harrassed at the shops practially being dragged into shops so in the end decided against going in any! the men there are very much interested in woman infact the whole holiday my husband was ignored by all the male staff only talking to me or adressing me for drinks ordered, same with going to the shops i got wistled at and adressed in pervy comments which my husband wasnt best pleased at! all in all the only highlight to our holiday was the pools and weather! wouldnt recommend to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
Hilton Sharm Waterfalls Resort
#40 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,066 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!