“best holidays ever”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London, United Kingdom
“best holidays ever”
Reviewed 16 January 2011

me and my friends have just came back and i have to admit that hotel maybe wasnt the best i ever seen, but the animation team for sure was. All animation program was really great. every guest in the hotel could find something interesting also during the day and night. i've never had so fun during evening animations ever! me and my friends love to party so the guys from the team show us the best clubs in Sharm. but of course if u dont want to party u can stay at the hotel and enjoy other animation's attractions!! im really impressed!! if i would had an opportunity to go there again i would definitely go and have amazing fun!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I’m writing on here to tell you how disappointed I was with my holiday. The entertainment was some of the worst I've seen, so all the week I was trying to entertain myself outside the hotel. The 'animation' team will take care of your children or adults, as long as you're 18-25, slim, pretty & willing to be chatted up all afternoon. Boys were really rude, they had silly jokes and came on purpose only in order to sell the disco or in the end of my vacation- to leave the shampoo, hair spray, etc.
The hotel itself was ok, food and room were good, but I will definitely not recommend it for solo travelers, cause there is completely nothing to do!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Brenrdg
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Don't go!
This hotel is not adequate and needs to improve.
Our room smelt of sewage and there had been a leak so had to move. All facilities very low quality, the gym had a few pieces of equipment one of which wasn't working for the week we were staying.
Staff generally pushy and don't know how to treat customers.
Food not up to standard. No entertainment. Despite being a private beach constantly harrassed by salesman, no sand on beach!
Allegedly all inclusive but had to pay for pool table.
Be aware that if you arrive later than 9.30pm and you want food you are required to pay for room service - even if all inclusive.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cruet
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I stayed with my wife and 2 kids during January 2011 and my overall impression is that this is a hotel of confusing contrasts.

We booked with Mosaic and were met by Waleed, from Marhaba Tours, at the airport. He whisked us through quickly and got us to the hotel so efficiently we were gobsmacked. Thanks Waleed!! Friendly and professional.

The setting of the resort is really lovely. It is extensive, clean and well tended by the gardening staff and enjoyable to wander around. The beach is gravelly underfoot so you'll need footwear.

The room was adequate although a little dated and tatty around the edges but we only slept there so we didn't care. However, we booked a King size bed and received an odd egyptian sized double which wasn't quite big enough for my wife and I and I would point out that we are quite slender europeans, so beware out if you're "big boned"! Our room cleaner Sobhy was a star being friendly and falling over himself to help out! Thanks Sobhy!

In fact, the staff were generally a credit to the hotel (more often than not). Alaa in Olivio's (attentive, polite friendly), Wallid waiting in the main bar (always smiling and friendly) and Mohammed Hamid on reception!! Wow! Nothing was too much for him!!! Genuinely helpful and professional!!! Watch out for these chaps if you have any issues as they will look after you if you are positive with them.

We went as "inclusive" so food and drink were paid for. We loved the food in Olivios restaurant. The choice was wide ranging and the quality was high. I am confused how anyone could be dissatisfied with it. The cooked pasta from the pasta bar was delicious and but the portions were actually too big causing us to feel obliged to eat it all. The kids loved the fresh pancakes in the morning.

Now for the drawbacks.

There was little to do for older children in the evenings. I spent a great deal of time playing pool against my daughters but would have been happier if they had a large screen tv and various other entertainments to keep them amused.

The biggest disappointment? The main pool. It really is as lovely as it looks on the pictures as well as being blue and clean. The reason it's so clean is that no one swims in it because it is bone achingly cold. That is not an exaggeration! I was looking forward to spending my days swimming and playing in it with the kids, but ultimately I think I managed no more than 2 dips of about 3 minutes each over the week. The slightly warmer, but smaller, kids pools were too small for us to do more than paddle in. We ended up PAYING £50 (STG) just to swim in the pools across the road in the Park Inn hotel!!! Next time we would just stay there!

So. Would I recommend this hotel?

YES, if you are looking for somewhere comfortable and straightforward to stay and will be happy to just relax on a pool side lounger and eat good, wholesome food.

NO, if you want to swim in a great pool and are looking for "5* luxury". This is probably a 3 or 4 star hotel by UK standards but we found it sufficient. The cold pool was the biggest disappointment for us though and for that reason alone I would stay in another hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I've previously stayed at 6 different places in Egypt, the Radisson is the best to date

Lovely people! Great location! Hotel is amazing! The service was amazing! Loved it! Loved the varieties of food available in the restaurant. Can't offer enough praise.

I had two concerns
According to previous posts I had read that the sales men would be pests. They most certainly were not. A polite answer gets you all you need
The weather
August is way too hot for a person accustomed to English weather! We were the trolls under the bridge in the pool, shaded from the sun

We would love to go back

Thank you for a lovely holiday!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 11 January 2011

We spend Christmas and New year over there.

Territory is the most attractive we have seen in 5 visits to Sharm. Children pool is supposed to be heated, but was not during few days without notice. Small Pool depth is excellent for kids to learn swimming.

We had half a day raining and it caused panic for visitors and stuff.First line Marine rooms had 10 cm water inside rooms, superior rooms had water coming via lamps in sealing, electricity was switched off, door locking system was out of order.

Wifi is working ok, but due to rain it was out of order for 4 days.

Tennis courts are in good quality.

Kids program was poor, evening entertainment took place according to stuff schedule...

Avoid connected rooms as there is no isolation between rooms, you will hear normal speech and TV from other room, even snoring came throw interconnected room.

When leaving, do not expect stuff to collect your bags, even when agreed in forehand.Go to reception, tip driver and collect bags together.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Shymkent, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 8 January 2011

1) Staff extremely helpful, friendly & professional. Floods due to thunderstorm caused ceiling collapses & a cessation of tapwater supply for a few hours. Very promptly and professionally dealt with.

2) Food was crap. 2star at best. Cockroaches in restaurant (have photos)

3) Building was old & tired. Needs a complete refurbishment

4) All Inclusive is a lie. Poor quality and infrequent availability of food & drink. Outside of hours or in "non inclusive" restaurants is eye bleedingly expensive. Constantly felt I was being cheated.

5) Hotel Taxi service is unreliable & expensive

Assumed that a "name" like Radisson would provide to expectations. Have had better food in a 3* in Uzbekistan

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#5 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,918 reviews
Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort

Been to Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!