“Great Value!”

Ranked #20 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Hampshire, UK
“Great Value!”
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Our party of 7, including my 4 year old loved this Hotel. It was our 3rd visit to Sharm and this was the best Hotel by far that we have stayed in.
Can't understand the negative reports we have read previously, the only two minor complaints we had were a lack of seating in the evening (due to an art convention the Hotel was hosting) and the food was sometimes lukewarm, rather than piping hot.
Back late last night and we are biting at the bit to get away again, though slightly disappointed the weather was not as hot as previous visits around this time of year, but still got a great tan for a week away!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank brooko123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We stayed here for a couple of weeks last year and thought this was a fabulous hotel. Saw a couple of negative reviews and the experience here scotches them all. The food was glorious, with every meat and seafood served up in the space of just 2 weeks. There was veal, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, sea bass, tuna, squid and octopus, crab, shrimp, kofte, pasta, all manner of breads sweet and savoury. My downfall was the 20 or so varieties of sticky buns in the morning, with loads of butter and jam, this after a cooked breakfast.

The grounds ofthe hotel are beautifully maintained with loads of pools and water features encircled by all manner of trees, flowers and shrubs. You will get people coming to sell you everything from massages to glass bottom boat rides but once you say no thanks they don't bother you again and will always pass the time of day with you when they do their rounds. Yes there are a mixture of nationalities staying there, that's part of the fun. I speak Dutch, French, German and Spanish and had a few blethers with couples from Holland and Germany. One day this country might just get rid of the 'little Englander' mentality.

Staff were always friendly and the guy who did our rooms would cheerfully have changed our towels and sheets every day, if we'd have let him. He never once asked for a tip and that's exactly why we left him a good one. Only bar not open to all inclusive was the cave bar and that was nothing special. Only word of warning, if you're looking for the football scores from back home then go online and get them that way. A supermarket in the grounds of the hotel charged me $7 for a Monday Daily Mirror.

If you're looking to escape somewhere from the rigours of the British Winter then don't hesitate to give this one a try. Entertainment is on every night and while they won't make Broadway or the West End they give it 100% and for that alone deserve praise.

The reception and the main bar are massive and prompted the headline to this revue. Spectacularly over the top but absolutely great fun. All in all a great holiday and would definitely come back, but there's still a lot of world to see!!! Have no qualms about coming to this hotel, it's brilliant and good value for money. Food is delicious and the beer's cold, what more could anyone ask. Come along and enjoy the Laguna Vista. You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank loussier
norwich
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Stayed at Laguna Vista Beach Hotel for a week from 18th -25th January 2009. Like most people l read reviews before going and had some concerns before we went but it was already booked so had to go with an open mind.

Well l didnt need an open mind. The coach dropped us off and l thought we were at the wrong hotel! it was absolutely gorgeous from the outside and when we walked in it was gorgeous there also. The main foyer was huge with seating area. The reception people were very welcoming and polite and showed us to our room which l thought ok this is where it goes downhill.

Nope huge bedroom two massive beds, gorgeous view, huge bathroom, very clean and spacious. Maid service daily, clean towels and swans made out of towels left on our bed. Only one safety hazard rugs on shiny floors (l hate rugs anyway) not good when you run in bedroom, l went flying nice big bruise, but l was drunk so my fault really.
Pool area gorgeous although too cold to swim in which was a shame although we did brave it oneday to swim up to the pool bar as my friend had never been to a pool bar!!!
Beach was gorgeous and lots of sunbeds. Water very cool but we did brave it and go snorkelling. Take sea shoes if you go as the coral and shells are a bit sharp.
Gorgeous food in restaurant, different everyday, l thought they catered well for all sorts of diets and good range of choice. Puddings a little tasetless but l managed. A testamony to the good food and booze is that l put on 10lb and l only ate at lunch and teatime, with no puds or snacks.
Most of hotel staff were friendly the two chaps called Ossama at main bar were a bit off at first and the tall younger one was quite hostile at times and ignored us when we went to the bar or pretended he was busy. We did get so we were arguing about who's turn it was to go to the bar. Yet Eleray in the pool bar was so polite and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. One downside they only serve red wine with meals!!!
The entertainment was so awful at times you had to laugh and other times it was very good. They work such long hours but were pleasant and friendly and always said hello.
The trip to Ras Mohammed was brilliant, the camel ride scary but it had to be done and best of all the trip to Cairo, 7 hours by coach but wellworth it and our guide Mohammed (who is the best guide out of the 22 there are or at least that was what he said) was so good and knowledgeable and very passionateabout his job a credit to his company.
I could go on for ever and it probably seems like l have but l cannot praise this holiday enough. I'm already looking at going back and for the first time ever l feel really depressed to be home!!!
Oh and best of all no deli belly for me or my friend or the 12 people we meet there!!
Please email me if you have concerns, don't go with negative thoughts as we initially did.
One last thing, there are pidgeons in the main reception roosting and occasionall y they poop just make sure you dont sit under them and there are birds flying around the outside of restaurant and if you leave your food they fly on to it, answer dont leave your food!! after all this happens in Uk at Barbie time!!!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Yonger chap called Ossama
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank squidgey
England, Kent
Reviewed 21 January 2009

Booked through Co-operative travel and flew with Thomas cook. Booked three days before, for 9 nights.

We are well travelled and went to Egypt to experience the Red Sea and for me the Arab horse.

Food:
BBQ Every night steak not great but chicken and lamb lovely, good selection of food, always found something, you do start to miss UK food but I do anywhere I go. I didn't get a tummy upset until the last day and I think this is due to the Egyptian money as it is very dirty and carries alot of bacteria. The Which Way Restaurant was good for beef burgers, chips and Hot dogs, coleslaw and salad, it was nice if you wanted a taste of home.

Beach:
Very gritty sand in parts and very soft in others, strange but everso pretty out to see, lots of trips to book here, mental mini bikes you can hire and zoom up and down the path way between the beach and hotel, don't understand the point but fun for kids and adults, good snorkelling, lots of places to book trips the Camel dive centre seemed very helpful, the Bedouin tent where you sit on the floor and smoke was weird and I hated it as they had real fur everywhere, so walked back out as I hate that.

All Inclusive:
Was ok, although you had to pay for pool each night approx £7 and drinks in the Cave bar, the drinks in the main bar are free but the beer is very weak. The Dua Dua restaurant was ok I enjoyed my Pizza but my boyfriend and Dad hated their meals and you only get one free meal and one free drink with All Inclusive, wouldn't pay to go there. Drinks are free on the beach and pool bars. Ok we did try a KFC and it was all sorts of wrong, don't do it!

Al a Carte Pataya was shut so we didn't get our 20% off!

Staff:
Were very friendly, sometimes irritating as I have blonde hair I got alot of attention and one guy outside the hotel offered my boyfriend 10,000 , Camels for me! The best staff were the waiters and the guys by the second pool down, Hossam and Ahmed were so much fun!

Snorkelling:
Was as I expected, we went on a glass bottom boat to the old market and snorkelled on a lovely reef book through a gut who came round the pool offering trips, they are all ok people. You can snorkel at the end of the jetty and the different fish was outstanding, I may have even seen more than in the Maldives! The water in January is a bit nippy when you first go in but just do it as once you're in the water is totally fine about 25 degrees.

Trips:
Thomas cook were rubbish and don't recommend anything exciting like horse riding or Quad bikes so you just book through the hotel or there are loads of companies by the beach which are fine and cheaper. Quad bikes were good and I went riding in the desert and lost my guide in the dark so if you do this then do it during the day, and be kind to the horses, he kept saying "kick him, use my whip" I was happy with a little canter, done nicely!
You cam walk left on the beach for about 10 mins and there is a horse there to ride on the beach called Gold, I just rode in bare foot.

Hotel in General:
Hotel room was lovely and spacious with a queen size bed and balcony, bath, shower and TV. You can stay in little huts but they are a little more expensive and we don't spend much time in the room. The first impression was lovely, very unusual, clean and homley.
There is a gym, spa and pool. I used the Spa and so did my Dad and it was lovely, the guy who arranges the appointments who walks round the pool is a character and looks like a small Peter Andre! Shops are ok, you must haggle!

Weather:
Was very breezy and chilly in the evenings but lovely during the day, but this is their winter, pools were cold though!

Overall I was very happy with my choice and excellent value for money, and lots to do, very good location. You get lovely 4 poster beds to sunbath on the beach and around the pool!

I have pictures on request.

• Liked — The atmosphere and presentation
  • Disliked — Pillows bit too hard
4 Thank LauraB23
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2009

Stayed for 1 week at the Laguna Vista Gardens and enjoyed our time there. The apartments being on 2 floors set around a pool area with moving streams and jacussi features. The water was very cold at this time of the year (jan) so most people relaxed around the area in the warm sun. the weather was a little windy at times but the temperature reached 25deg C in the sheltered spots.

The apartments were set in an African theme with spacious bedrooms and a large shower. Each had air conditioning, fridge, TV and a code operated free safety deposit box so no keys to loose. The beds were made each day and fresh towels provided with bottled water to drink. The rooms were warm at night from the days sun but you need mosquito repellent overnight.

The food was excellent and buffet style with plenty to choose from. It was mostly the same but you can choose a different main course each day with soups and salads. The wines were excellent and the staff attentive and helpful. The resturant is very large and a little dark at night with tea lights to light the table if you like that sort of thing. It is possible to have the meal outside but mostly under cover with sea views at certain locations in the resturant.

It is possible to have a meal in the Wayfarers resturant in the sister Laguna Vista beach hotel across the road and spend all day on the beach if you want . The drinks too can be obtained from all the bars on that complex as part of the package. However you have to pay for the drinks in the cave bar in the beach hotel and so most nights it was empty.

There is no entertainment at the garden resort and so you need to cross the road to the beach resort hotel. However the entertainment is in house and can be very loud. Some nights the shows were very unprofessional and poor quality.

The drinks at the garden resort were mainly local spirits which needed to be watered down with soft drinks to take off the raw edge but the beer was fine. Tea and coffee is also available and if you need bottled water just ask.

• Liked — spacious apartment and cleanliness
  • Disliked — quality of the drinks and lack of entertainment at this location
4 Thank raysunLincolnshire
Celle
Reviewed 13 January 2009

On arriving at the Laguna Vista Gardens resort i was immedately impressed with the friendly and helpful staff and the cleanliness of the lobby. When we got to our garden bungalow it was clean and tidy and absolutely gorgeous the only one complaint i had was that the soap dish was a wee bit rusty....but that is it!!!and i am being incredibly picky!!! the room had several facilities, a fridge, a tv with 5 english channels,and a hair dryer and a safe. the hotel also offers a laundry service although i didnt make use of this. our room was regulary cleaned, everyday! but just remember to put your Do not disturb sign on if you want a lay in as it is a hive of activity during the morning with the resort being scrubbed to an inch of its life!!!
The food was hot plate and had a variety of dishes.what one needs to remember is that they are catering to all nationalities so it might not be everyones cup of tea, my husband can be extremely fussy but he managed to fill his plate every evening!!!
the inclusive drinks package was quite good, but im a fussy drinker and didnt take to the egyptian vodka very well,but every hotel in sharm only offers local drinks so dont let that put you of!i just changed my drink!!!the brandy coffee's were going down a treat!
the weather was lovely,sunbathing weather,but unfortunately the pools are a wee bit too chilly for me although some (mad) people ventured in!!!but the lagoon at laguna vista beach is quite warm once you get in and its good for snorkelling.
but dont forget that at this time of year it is chilly in the evening so jeans,pants leggings and comfty cardies are defintly in need!!!
the staff are super friendly and bend over backwards for you,just remember that egyptians are on a different speed level than us and tend to take a relaxed approach to rushing, its not being rude its just there way!!!
we visited the spa during our stay and prices were very reasonable and the staff were brill and what was nice was that i could have my massage with my husband in the same room- single ladies go with a friend as you might feel uncomftable with the male staff ,although they were extremely professional.
we had a superb time at laguna vista gardens and would defantly recommand this resort for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere,i will be going again!!!

• Liked — The cleanliness of our room
  • Disliked — Cant really think of any!
2 Thank MrsGoody
Wales
Reviewed 7 January 2009

I spent Christmas with my husband and parents at the Laguna Vista Beach Resort in Dec 08.

Location - Wonderful, the beach is gorgeous, the sea warm and you can spot all kinds of fish from the hotel's jetty and there's a lovely view over to Tiran Island too. Nabq Bay is about ten minutes from the airport so the transfer doesnt take long, it's a bit of a building site generally but around the Laguna Vista everything seems to be quite complete. There are fast food restaurants across the road if you want them, a really delicious chinese if you fancy a change from the Hotels Buffet restaurant, plenty of shops, banks and supermarkets. Naama Bay is about 10 miles away and you can get a taxi there for outside the hotel for 50 Egyptian Pounds - £5! You'll have to haggle though! If you do go into Naama Bay then I recommend the Tandoori restaurant which is part of the Camel Dive Club Hotel - really superb food at reasonable prices. The bar there is nice too.

Hotel - Generally really nice, well maintained, spotlessly clean, the rooms were nice too, the staff were amazing but, there is room for improvement. First of all, if you are going all inclusive then it's not all inclusive. You can eat in the hotels buffet restaurants and one of the beach bars at lunchtime and a set meal once from the Italian Restaurant (Dua Dua - worth visiting but the wine is extortionate at about £23 a bottle -'Obelisk' is the best of a bad bunch). The food is okay but caters completely for the Italians & Russians. We tended to eat the same thing everyday and my father lived on cheese salads as he didn't fancy anything else! They could have done with more Egyptian desserts too. If your normal tipple is wine then you'll only be able to get it at mealtimes and it's pretty ropey.

There was no shortage of sunbeds or pools but it would have been better if at least one of the outdoor pools was heated as they were absolutely freezing, the sea was much warmer.

Christmas at the Laguna Vista - We had a gala dinner on Xmas Eve which was amazing. The food was stunning! Turkey, sprouts and real gravy plus lots of choice of Egyptian desserts and lovely meats for starters. They really had pulled out all the stops food wise and they decorated their huge marquee beautifully. You had to pay for any decent wine/champagne though. A bottle of Jacob's Creek Chardonnay would set you back £50! So needless to say we stuck to the 'Obelisk' at £23 a bottle. The belly dancers and the whirling dervish was amazing too. The only problem on this night was the DJ and the Hotel's Entertainment.

The Hotel Entertainment - is absolutely dire and laughable. It's best to make your own entertainment at the resort really. They are a group of Italians and their 'shows' were like something you'd expect to see in a school production but a 100 times worse.

3 out of 4 of us got ill, but I think that's just what it's like when you go to Egypt. There were 24 hour chemists nearby and the medication was good and quite cheap.

Sharm is a lovely place to go on holiday. We also went to Cairo and Luxor with Sharm Excursions which were fantastic and slightly cheaper than booking with Thomas Cook.

• Liked — The Location and the staff
  • Disliked — The food & entertainment
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family