Laguna Vista Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Coral Sea Holiday Village(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
lti Tropicana Grand Azure(Sharm El Sheikh)
  • Pool
Tropicana Azure Club(Sharm El Sheikh)
2,872 results
All reviewsanimation teamsharm elbig thankspatayapoolsholiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2010

This was my first holiday with my girlfriend - we'd picked this hotel after reading some good reviews on this website prior to going, which i have to say, was a major influence in us picking this resort.

First impressions were great, looks amazing from the outside & continues throughout with a huge, impressive, reception area. On checking in, we were asked to go get some food as the restaurant would be closing soon; we were then told by the staff in the restaurant it was too late & we would have to come back later, so was told to go to our room & get showered. We weren't shown where our room was & had to wait 15 minutes before our luggage was brought to our room once we found it (by this point we were very annoyed & decided to go have a walk around and get a drink at the reception bar to calm down).

The staff at the reception bar were far from friendly, and this didn't change throughout the holiday - ignorant, & they always seemed to slam my drinks down on the counter. Not a great start to our holiday, but we thought it might had been a one off & looked forward to enjoying the next 2 weeks.

Food.
Oh dear.
We found throughout the entire 2 weeks that the service in the food restaurants was an absolute mess. The tables were hardly ever cleaned, the staff seemed very reluctant in cleaning them & spent more time chatting. On one occasion, we saw a waiter walk up to a table with an empty tray, picked up one of the plates that was left ..decided to put it back on the table then walked off .. he only came back to clean it when he realised someone actually wanted to sit there. The tables that were clean didn't have any placemats put back on them with cutlery - we found we had to do this ourself. I had glass kicked at my feet on one day from a smashed glass that hadn't been swept up!
We found ourselves eating out the majority of the time as everytime we went to eat in the resort, we got annoyed & found ourselves just wanting to go home.

We also tried the italian a la carte but were disapointed to learn that there is a seperate all inclusive menu for the free meal. If you want to eat from the main menu, you have to pay. The seafood restaurant wasn't all inclusive either & had to pay.

Aside from this, there were some pluses.

Staff down at the quieter pool were amazing; always helpful & friendly.
Our rep Emma was very helpful & friendly.
The people we met were great too.

Thanks for reading,

Mike & Rach

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michael_rach_Uk
LAGUNAVISTATEAMEgy, Manager at Laguna Vista Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2010

Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments, we are sorry to hear you are disappointed with certain aspects of your holiday. We would like to reassure you that all comments are taken in a positive manor to order to help improve service and facilities for the future.
Firstly in regards to the Dua Dua Italian meal, due to the contract with Thomas Cook this meal is a good will gesture therefore is different from the main menu.
Secondly in the main restaurant the staff keep the turn over time to a minimum.
The hotel has housekeepers on call 24 hours a day for any accidents, smashes and general cleaning.
Furthermore we have a minimum of three bell boys working at one time in order to prevent long waiting times for luggage, as throughout the day we have many people checking in and out.
At the start of employment staff are trained in dealing with customers, this training continues throughout employment in order to keep improving our service towards guests.
The Laguna vista team hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 October 2010

This is the only place in which I felt that I and my family, we enjoy a real vacation from all aspects of accommodation and eating, entertainment, comfort and hygiene
Decided that this resort would be my intention every year to enjoy my family and I

I would like to thank all and respect for all employees at all levels in this wonderful resort.

I stayed at March 2009

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
LAGUNAVISTATEAMEgy, Manager at Laguna Vista Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2010

Dear Guest
We would like to say a big thank you for writing your positive comments. It is great to see you chose our resort to spend your family vacation and that you were satisfied with all aspects of your vacation. We are always pleased when we see our guests happy with everything.
The Laguna Vista Team hope to see you for your next family holiday.

Reviewed 7 October 2010

Hotel was very nice, room was great and so was pool areas and beach. Many Italians staying there so all the entertainment was geared up for them. Food was excellent. The only things I did not like was lack of chilled white wine (this was always warm ), lobby and bar area, no air conditioning and what awful piano music played there every night, sounded more like a funeral dirge, that even the barmen where practically going out of their minds. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. Yes I would go back if only for the beautiful grounds and settings

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
LAGUNAVISTATEAMEgy, Manager at Laguna Vista Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2010

Dear Guest
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments, it is aIways great to get feedback from our guests. We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable holiday with us. In regards to no air conditioning in the lobby this is due to the unique and beautiful open plan design.Our animation team conducts a variety of shows in languages including English, Italian and Russian.
We hope to welcome you again for your next vacation.

Reviewed 4 October 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at the hotel, staff and facilities were reasonable and made our stay enjoyable.
Within our stay we made alot of friends and found Sharm El-Sheikh friendly.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elly1196969

Dear Guest
Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your positive comments.
It gives us great pleasure in seeing yuo had a wonderful stay with us.
The Laguna Vista Team hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 2 October 2010

This was my fifth holiday at Laguna Vista Beach Resort and overall I wasn't disppointed. There were a few changes that I personally don't think were good - being handed a letter telling us that we couldn't use the Which Way Restaurant was annoying. I understand that guests staying in chalets may not want to walk to the main restaurant in the heat, but neither do the guests on the beach at lunchtime. Also, the Which Way bar has gone - which is a shame as we liked spending the evening there when we stayed in a duplex bungalow. The main bar is a trek from some of the bungalows and there isn't enough seating for everyone to relax on the terrace or in the lobby.
Having said that, it was a first visit for my son and his family and they were very impressed. The staff are the best and make the holiday special. They are funny and friendly but never pushy.
Laguna Vista Beach Resort is the chosen destination for a special family holiday next October.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family