“HOLIDAY FEB 2012”
Review of Hauza Beach Resort

Hauza Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Me and my family stayed at Hauza mandarin for one week in February 2012. When we arrived at the Mandarin opposite The Hauza beach we didn't know what to expect. The hotel didn't look as nice as the other ones so we were all very unsure of it. Not long after arriving we were welcomed kindly and taken to our rooms. We were given our wristbands and our luggage was taken to our rooms for us. Once we arrived in our rooms me and my sister had our own ones and my parents shared. We was very please with our rooms it had waldrobe space, a dressing table, 2 clean double beds and i decent bathroom with a shower. They also had a balcony each with veiws of the pool and bar. Whenever we went out the cleaner would clean all our rooms for us and even gave us fresh flowers and made things out of our towels. He made swans and a Crocodile and even gave us extra towels. We tipped the cleaner when we left as they are only payed little and are really nice people.
On most of the days me and my family went across to The Hauza, where we met a man called Mohammed Kamel. Mo sorted out most of our trips (which were AMAZING) He also gave it to us for a very cheap price. Me and my sister also had a massage from the spa men at the hotel. In my opinion it was very relaxing and comfortable and i would recommend it. As soon as we arrived we was welcomed warmly by all the staff at the hotel who made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. Although, some of the staff could be a bit too friendly and come across kind of pervy to me and my sisters, this is the same wherever you go so we expected it.
The food in the resturaunt was OK. All inclusive food is the same wherever you go, so we didn't expect alot. The chips at lunch were delicious, and even though we didn't eat much my dad ate alot. If your not that fussy with what you eat it isn't as bad. I would also recommend the pizza on the Beach. The first day we went there the chef made me a heart shaped pizza which was very sweet.
The drinks at the bar were OK. Some of the drinks tasted different and watered down but the beer was really nice, and my mum liked the brandy and coke. Even though you was given them in a small plastic cup, all you had to do was ask for a big one and they got you one. The Bar man was very nice, even though he was flirty with me and my sister it was only messing around.
The shows were really good! There was a mini disco at 8.30 and a show every night at 9.30 when i went. The animation men were really nice and very entertaining. I especially enjoyed the fire show!:) It was nice to get ready at night and just cross the road to sit down and relax with a cold beer and a decent show.
The pool was a little cold but my little sister loved it! She was in it everyday without fail and i was a little bit as it was quite refreshing. The 3 water slides were just around the corner in the hotel. Although there was no lifeguards, it was incredibly safe for me and my younger sister and we enjoyed it very much.
When we was out there it was my mums and little sisters birthday. The staff were very kind and gave my mum 2 free cocktails (which were lovely) and mo also decorated the bit where we sunbathed for her. The animation staff all got everyone to sing happy birthday to her which was nice.
We visited Nama bay once where me and my older sister went to Pacha. We went with Mo (who also works there) so we was very safe as he had a go at anyone who tried it on with us. Pacha was really good and i would also recommend it to anyone going to Nama Bay:)
I would recommend going: Quad biking, Paragliding, Speed boat, and the aqua park as we done all of this and enjoyed it all. If anyone is staying at the Hauza ask for Mohammed kamel as he was a big help to us and made our stay very exciting as he booked all our trips and was just a good man to talk to in general.
OVERALL i would definitively stay at The Hauza or Mandarin again and i am currently begging my parents to take us back here next year as i miss all the people i met here. So ignore all the bad reviews from stroppy old people who expect luxury accommodation. Some people just can't be pleased.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Beth M
There are newer reviews for Hauza Beach Resort

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Firstly I would like to say not to believe all you read. We went to The Hauza Beach with mixed thoughts having read all the negative reports. We had nothing to worry about. Ok, so some parts could do with some decorative attention but all in all it was beautiful. What people fail to realise is that it is advertised as an African themed hotel - hence the furniture and decor. Do these moaners just stay in their rooms all holiday looking for things to complain about??? It was spotless. The ground staff are permanently clearing up bits and pieces that obviously get left lying around by louts who can't be bothered to find a bin! On the beach, one member of staff was even collecting cigarette ends! Again, not a nice job when the smokers could actually bin them - there's enough bins around to do so. And rats??? What country doesn't have rats? If the reviewer who reported rats behind the pizza bar thought about it, ALL resorts have rats AND behind the scene rubbish!!!
The staff are lovely and so helpful and friendly. Always prepared to give advice on any trips or visits that we made.
The food was plentiful, ok sometimes repetetive but each evening there were 8 choices of meals. These people who say they got fed up with eating the same thing only have themselves to blame - try something different! If it's burger and chips you are looking for, stay in UK!! You are in Egypy! Of course the food is going to be different. The chef actually cooked us a 'special' meal on 2 occasions!! As for the glasses, yes they were small but this was to combat the greedy wasters who would use a large glass only to leave it lying around undrunk. If you took your own large glass the staff were more than happy to fill it. The location is perfect, beautiful beach and plenty to eat and drink all in close distance wherever you choose to spend the day. Perhaps if these moaners did more research before they went, they would have less to complain about! We would not hesitate at all to return so thank you Hauza for leaving us with some lovely memories.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank srlizzie
Reviewed 14 February 2012

been to egypt 6 times and this was the worst and last time we ever go again 11 days of terrible uncooked food and same food day in day out and to top it off we and many others got food poisoning and suffed for days back home SUPPOSED TO BE FIVE STAR OH NO MORE OF TWO STAR

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed 12 February 2012

When we arrived at the room it was stinking, we had to wash all the surfaces. We were so upset, not a good start to our holiday. Could not unpack due to no storage facilities, so had to live out of our suitcases, the sheets were tatty and the same goes for the bed covers. the food was disgusting if you like chicken bones and boiled rice then you will love this RESORT, it's worse than being in prison, at least they get tidy food and rooms. The tables in the Nubian restaurant were never wiped over and you were harassed by flies at every meal. The ALCOHOL they served you could not drink as it was like fire water and the lager was served warm. They took the several bottles of lager out of the fridge uncap it and leave it behind the bar, disgusting. The resort itself is shocking. In the night the walkways back to the room were unlit and the pathway uneven, my mum who is 67 found it very difficult. I would NEVER EVER EVER go back to this smelly place even if you paid me. The flamingo's were made to stand in stagnant water which absolutely stank, when they stretched their wings we noticed that one of their wings had been cut in half, we found this very upsetting. They say it's 5* I would not give it 1.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Hi...my daughter Louise who was pregnant at the time stayed at the Hauza last February/March (2011). We are reurning again for ten days on the 16th February as we had such a lovely time last year. Lou our daughter was really looked after by the staff and we made lots of lovely friends there, this year we are going to take Phoebe (born 1st August 2011) to meet everyone!

I agree with some of the comments already written in the reviews...when we arrived last year having stayed in a different hotel in Sharm which was 5 star the previous year (2010) we were shocked at the standards. The hotel is 'sad and neends up-dating/refurbishing badly' if the management is going to expect the 'normal guest to return'. This would indicate that we 'are not normal' since we are returning this year...well 'we are normal' but view things in a more positive manner than some!?

We had a lovely time...the staff were just lovely, the private beach was quiet and really clean and we also really liked the food and wasn't ill once!

We however, didn't like the 'tiny little plastic cups' which we were offered our drinks in but that isn't going to be a problem this year since we are taking our own 'wine glasses' hahha!?

Please don't rule out this hotel if you are considering going to Egypt; it may not be the 5 star accomodation which you are looking for but the staff are really friendly and welcoming?!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Worst hotel ever. dark and dreary. should have only a 2 star rating. awful dining room, and food to match. very sparse bedrooms. Wine was disgusting, 95% water. stayed 1 night only. drinks served in small plastic glasses, even beer. Manager when questioned about 5 star rating quoted "well what did you expect for the money" I think that says it all" Luckily we had a lovely holiday at the AA Amwaj last October so transferred to this hotel and had a great time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Betty H
Reviewed 8 February 2012

So where do i start, crap, rubbish, terrible, sickening, repulsive, stomach churning filth.

Now i've got that out of my system i can explain in more detail....thankyou for your patience....
TO BEGIN FOOD: oh boy weight watchers paradise, you can't stomach it.
Little choice, no variety mostly cold but if you go early it might be warm-ish, little taste, bulked up with spices to hide the mysterious looking dishes.
Under cooked food on the barbeque that really gets the old stomach muscles dancing, i'll say no more on that only to say they dont give you enough toilet role............
Other restaurants not open apart from the oriental jazera that serves asian? confussed you will be when you taste the delights.....unedible is a word that comes to mind, without swearing.
Now, italian restaurant.bella vista does not exist..NO...NO...NO, ITS A PIZZA TAKE-AWAY not a restaurant as they describe...don't be fooled like me i've seen it first hand and the pizzas are tasteless and sickley. Birds, the feathery type land on the preparation counter all the time food is prepared leaving their mark...disgusting. RATS VISABLE AT SUN SET...NO EXCURSION REQUIRED,YOU SEE THEM EVERYWHERE .FILTH. FILTH, FILTH....................................
Tirana restaurant closed, thank god it looks like it could do serious damage to my body , going with what i've experienced this holiday...if i can call it a holiday or a survival holiday....
Accommodation is well below the five star standard as described,tatty furniture mostly broken in part, aged, worn and extremely tired.
Bathroom is a joke, in need of serious re-furb, dirt, mould, bodged fittings which could cause harm to adult and child, rusty fittings.
Beds are sub standard falling apart at the joints, matresses have seen better days as have the replacement sheets and towels supplied by the cleaner.
DRINK: COULD NOT BUY CHEAPER wine is un-drinkable, lager is very poor, spirits are like nothing you would expect in england....i think we would call them paint strippers...filth.
THE STAFF ON THIS RESORT CAN BE ABUSSIVE.
HARRASSMENT ON THIS RESORT IS CONSTANT (MASSAGE AND SPA STAFF).
BAR /WAITER STAFF CAN BE ABUSSIVE WITHOUT TIPS.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS OFFICER ? NOT WORTH A BEAN, TOTALLY UN-HELPFUL.
PURCHASE THIS RESORT GOD BE WITH YOU.....TOTAL RUBBISH.

AVOID LIKE AN STD CLINIC.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scot1245
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh ...
#17 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Rehana Royal Prestige Resort & Spa
Palmyra Resort
Palmyra Resort
#26 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Hauza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!