“NEW MANAGEMENT/OWNERS”

Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
derbs
“NEW MANAGEMENT/OWNERS”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for 10 days end of April, 2nd visit - last one 3 years ago. Yes, rooms are old but are slowly being updated. Food could be improved for English tastes but for what you pay there is always something to eat. The Brits we spoke to seemed to accept that for what we paid for the holiday the occasional problem could be overlooked, especially as the management team seemed to be listening to the complaints and trying their best to rectify as much as possible immediately and we were told that a lot of improvements are in the pipeline.
As in previous reviews it is the staff who are a credit to the place. Our room was cleaned every day(fantastic towel art daily) , fresh towels, sheets changed every 3 days. The bar staff were very attentive, yes, they did run out of beer almost daily but only for short time and they would then find you and bring it to you. We found that if you were nice to them they reciprocated, the Russians treated them appallingly so any polite words were welcomed both in the restaurants and bars.
Entertainment was shocking and geared up for the Russians who seemed to have a very visual and childish sense of humour (slapstick).
Pools, beaches , jetty are fantastic so if you want a really cheap break, great but be aware of problems and use a bit of give and take for a hotel that is definitely not above a 3 star at present but hopefully is getting better.
Hope to be back in October so will see.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ggflint

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 May 2014

First off, we stayed 8 nights and paid under £100 each for two of us for this whole period.
This being said, I will be honest on what I thought of the place. But then I come back to, I paid next to nothing.

We arrived at a 'good week' for the hotel as it seems- as apparently the week before we arrived they had no meat at all with meals.

There are good and bad points to my review which are as follows...

Rooms:

We arrived... and wanted to go home. Our bags were left outside the building- and I kept saying I was comfortable with this but they said they were fine. We waited about 20 mins for our room, and arrived in a room with the light fixture hanging off, the bath had a massive crack and the view from our balcony was a direct wall.
We decided we couldn't do this for the 8 nights (we are never usually that fussy)- and we were moved to room 715- same as befor but not falling to bits as much. We had no plug (so no baths)- even though we asked several times, and no remote for the tv.
Several times in the week the power went out- seems conveniently timed to when everyone was getting ready to go out- I was mid shower once and then in total darkness- had to venture on a night out with frizz ball hair. The aircon stopped working a few times also but this was sorted quickly.
Our cleaner was actually very good and polite- although he was very obviously expecting to be tipped.
Overall- the rooms are basic and worn, but the one we ended up with suited us fine for the week.

FOOD:
Again, we arrived, wanted to go home. It was about 7pm when we arrived and so we went for food and it was all cold- most didn't display what it was, and if it did it wasn't always correct 'mac and cheese'- thought it was veggie, but has lots of mince in it. We ended up on our first night going over to the shops and spending £5 on a bag of Cheetos for dinner.
Next day, and ongoing the food was better- Breakfast- fresh omelette station, lunch and dinner: fresh pasta station (the pasta station chef was FANTASTIC very friendly, and the pasta dishes were really really yummy!!)- the rest of the buffet stuff was ok ( my other half ate this, but I tried to steer away as I preferred to have it cooked fresh).

Now, for the 'additional restaurants on site thought we would save our '1 indian a week' for a special occasion. It was the worst food- and far far from indian ever- the buffet restaurant was tonnes better (and that's saying something!). We got the impression that they have to keep the additional restaurants open just so they don't lost there stars for the amount of facilities they have on site. There was no music, atmosphere or even a menu. We had bread and dip dumped on our table, then the waiter came over and said 'chicken or beef' chicken or beef what?!.. anyway,, I was given a lump of chicken with a tablespoon of watery sauce, a few slices of potato and pepper and some awful rice. This was our indian. We ate one mouthful and couldn't face anymore. But waited for dessert. A glass of melon.. I am astounded that this was supposed to be a once a week 'treat' and if you wanted you could pay to eat there. was DIABOLICAL.

Pools:
LOVED! Good splash pool, good main pool location very clean. The hotel didn't seem very busy at all, or atleast not round the main pool- so there was plenty of comfy sunbeds with parasols available. Luckily enough we spent most of our time here- so this was pleasant enough for us.
The DJ mind you was rubbish- and played the same songs. He needs to play music with words and a bit more up to date to get every one bubbly.

Beach:
Clean, nice, good jetty. Lots of fish to see. Good fun! :) very nice indeed.

Animation team:
Friendly girls, but it really was difficult to get people to participate- but they tried hard. Lots and lots of Russians, who don't really want to join in. As the place is so big, not everyone gathers around the same main pool and everything is spread out.

Drink:
Pretty awful, ran out of vodka all the time- so I resulted to Gin- which tasted nothing like gin- so I had to ask them to add some mint flavour to hide taste. But it was Ok and I wasn't that fussed. My partner enjoyed the beer. Although they literally give you drinks in egg cups- so bring your own beakers (mind you, I brought my own, and whilst I was sunbathing it was stolen- and it was a special one from a festival!)

Service:
Waiters in restaurant were polite and friendly to us- but because we tipped. We were happy to do this as it did make a difference, but if im honest, if you don't tip, don't expect amazing service.
When arrived, we were not told where anything was and if we tried to find out suddenly no one spoke English, We felt we were just dumped at a hotel and didn't know where anything was, where to eat, what to do.
Reception- they were ok, friendly enough.

Hassle:
You will get hassled DAILY to join excursions etc. We just say no thank you- although they do keep trying. We booked intro diving and total experience tour through Sinai Safari (British owned) before we went out- which may I add completely made our holiday. They were absolutely fantastic- please please, go with them and don't book with people around the pool. The difference in service is unbelievable.
We did book a massage on site, which was 80 minutes- and it was actually very very good. We managed to haggle them down a lot.

Area:
Not much in the near area- few shops across road, no bars for atleast a 20 min walk. Can get BLUE AND WHITE taxis outside hotel- go to Naama Bay which is good night life. DO NOT go to soho- we went there and arranged a collection for 4 hours later- we were there for 15 mins and wanted to go home. It really really was s**t !!! Excuse my language!

Overall, we didn't pay very much. It is just disappointing that this hotel and its size and facilities has the potential to be really great- but they don't utilise it.
We did have a good relaxing time, but we prob wouldn't go back to Egypt in general.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Teenshot
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Just got back today and apart from the snorkeling and beach this hotel is shocking, constant power cuts in my room and told in reception the whole of Egypt were experiencing the same(laughable) The staff we're excellent but the food was cold and not good, it's about 70% Russian's here and with a 24 hour pool bar you can only imagine what it's like.Rooms are filthy, you get out of the shower and have to shuffle on a towel or put your flipflops on or feet will be black, after reading previous reviews I was mad to go to this hotel but thought I'd make my own mind up, DO NOT GO! !!!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kevin e

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Reviewed 9 May 2014

i went there with my friend in march I haven't had time to write anything as I been working.
I wouldn't go back there because THE FOOD IS RUBBISH. ate rice and pasta and chicken the whole 7 days oh and bread. pasta and bread freshly cooked in front of you. all inclusive have a choice of food but here no way only weird food and ugly looking. you had octopuss that looked just taken from sea and put in food and dirty.

WHEN we got therre the reception said to wait for our room to be ready so we did . an hour later our room wasnt ready cut it short we waited 3 hours for a room. so when we said we want to complain they said they gave us seaview hahah i dont even know what they class sea view but all we could see is buldings and trees and faaaar a little bit of the sea so waited 3 hours for a poor rooom the cheapest ever. the bed was so uncomfortable my back was hurting from the first night, when I asked them for a matress or to change it they bought me a blanket to put under the bedsheet. I couldn't believe that.

the reception staff oh my god USELESS AND RUDE. they don't care about you you call them and the don't even bother to help you .

you don't get water or anything you have to buy it even to brush teeth as you cant use it so you have to buy it to brush teeth and drink.

the room is filthy and they said they cleaned it and it was so dirty the bath had yellow stains I felt so dirty to have a shower I felt even dirtier by the time I came home.

NEVER STAYING THERE AGAIN. EGYPT IS NICE AS A COUNTRY BUT THIS HOTEL IS CHEAP AND EVEN SO WASTE OF MONEY

DISGUSTING FOOD
USELESS/ROOM RECEPTION STAFF
DIRTY BATHROOM.
UNCOMFY BEDS.

Room Tip: don't bother all are filth and cheap
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank nicoleBSupahstar
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wife and I, both 30, went to Hauza for 10 nights end of April. I'm not going to write a huge amount but highlight some of the good and bad points. We are not ones to complain and like others have said look past a lot of things to try and enjoy our holiday, but there was a lot to look past and it does get you down.

Hotel went under new management in Feb, so as you may see the reviews from the last couple of months are not that good, think they lost a lot of staff and are trying to build it up again. But in the mean time it feels short staffed and stretched and a lot of mistakes being made.

Rooms: Not great, pretty tired, sheets didn't fit bed so often came off in the night, towels were not replaced when left in appropriate place, even just taken and not returned for a couple of nights.

Pool: This was the best part about Hauza, the pool area was good, hotel being less than half full meant lots of free beds and clean towels. The cups from the pool bar are tiny, TAKE YOUR OWN DISPOSABLE PINT CUPS OR A THERMOS MUG of some kind. The entertainment at the pool was shocking and the music often quite loud, but you didn't have to be right by it.

Beach: Again this was pretty nice. The quiet beach was relaxing and the coral is fantastic, loads to see off the pier and if you enjoy diving going off the pier is as good as the trips they offer and a bit cheaper.

Food+Restaurant: The food isn't bad but it's not great either, my wife and I aren't that fussy so are happy to eat 'Egyptian Food'. Often a big queue for eggs in the morning and ran out of plates, no one really showing you where to go what to do on your first, often a very long wait for drinks due to lack of staff. Nice when the cooked fresh food on the BBQ outside.

Bar: Often ran out of Beer and other soft drinks, The cocktails weren't great, the spirits were pretty rough. Some nice bar staff, but as i say take your own cups. Mean to serve food on the beach but this often didnt happen.

Staff: Like everywhere some good some not, but a lot of them were pretty clueless, not using common sense like making sure there is drink in the bar at start of the day, putting plates out in the restaurant. Only saw 1 Female member of staff, and without starting a debate it really does show. Women are so much better at seeing the details and improving things, this hotel is really lacking the female oversight and input.

All Inclusive: A lot of items around the hotel you have to pay for which is not something we have experienced in an All Inlc in the past. Table Football, Pool, Pizzas+Burgers, Cocktails in the Swimming pool bar, watching the satellite TV football games and Safe in your room. I think they have changed it now but often they had people serving you in the restaurant and they were pretty tight on the portions.

Overall: This hotel is ok but not good, for the price £30 per couple per night, you can't expect too much, but being clean and offering decent food and drink is a bit of a must which is lacking. This is def not a 5 star hotel. If you can afford a bit more maybe go elsewhere but if your looking for a cheap holiday this might be for you if your willing to look past a bit and not get caught up in the the 'committee meetings' every morning around the pool with everyone airing their latest complaints, this gets you down.

We perhaps would go back if the reviews got better and the price stayed as cheap, but otherwise would go elsewhere, sadly this hotel lets itself down.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeCrisp1982
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went to this hotel in 2011 and it was fantastic had everything and food was amazing! So booked again for family trip with my son who is now 3 for march 2014!
What a let down standards have dropped the food is horrible and more aimed at the Russians!
The staff are lovely and try to help as much as possible but the management is poor!
The smell of sewage is from the water being sprayed on the grass and plants it's awful!
Too much wrong to list the rooms are out of date and filthy!
Bottom line best to avoid for now I don't know how people gave it 5 stars lol
Be warned pick another place not worth the hassle here!

Stayed March 2014
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the most disgusting hotels i have ever been to with scruff staff please people dont waste ur money on this place unless u like russians and dirty food the staff are so poorly trained and dont really care and the staff at reception what a joke

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jimmy134
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh Imperial
Club Magic Life Sharm el Sheikh ...
#19 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
#25 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Sea Gardens
Sea Gardens
#18 of 32 in Nabq Bay

Been to Hauza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!