“Absolutely TERRIBLE and DISGUSTING.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hauza Beach Resort

Hauza Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Absolutely TERRIBLE and DISGUSTING.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Please people if you booked it already please cancel straight away!!!!! Me and my girlfriend and 2 other friends book this place for 2 weeks, we thought it will be good, the holiday company we booked with recommend Hauza as 5 star hotel. NO NO NO is poor 2 star. Rooms disgusting,dirty very dirty, it's hard to describe the state of it, it was really hard to use toilet even , shower. TERRIBLE. All staff very rude, not helpful at all, we have been treated like poo ... Bar around swimming pool full of doggy people, i was asked if i want a cheep girl for the night!! !!!!
We didn't eat anything for 2 days until we moved to different hotel, there was nothing to eat anyway, everything out of date, dirty, stinks !!! DO NOT GO THERE

Room Tip: all the same poor conditions
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank j s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

10 days in Hauza and the best experience we have had so far. After some of the reviews we didn't expect much but we were surprised after seeing huge resort with plenty of pools, slides, clean rooms and brilliant staff. Great diving experience with instructor Alex, we also did some trips, camel riding, parasailing, star gazing. All great organised and fun. Find Mickey to book all your trips with, really nice lad. Holiday rep will try to charge you more for the same trip. The only downside was entertainment, very poor animation team and some of them will not even say hi. Apart from that we had a great experience for good price. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karolina I
Dartford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the Hauza 26 March till 3 April and is our 2nd visit here. Like every hotel there are good points and things that can be improved on and I will outline them here as objectively as possible, On thing I will say before I go on is that it appears some people expect the world yet are only paying low prices for a all inclusive holiday, And if research had been done you will know that a Egyptian 5* is more like a british 3*.

LOCATION:
In Nabq bay with hotels left of the Hauza and a small parade of shops to the right, And keep walking about 20 mins from hotel there are numerous souvenir shops and a couple supermarkets and a couple of bars. One of the best hotels for location to the beach as the beach is literally at the end of the hotel grounds.
ROOMS:
Rooms are adequate but a little dated décor wise. Our bathroom was a touch shabby with a couple of cracked tiles but was always kept clean by the cleaners and at the end of the day the room should only be used as a base, If you want to spend all your time in there why pay the money to go abroad, may as well stay at home!
STAFF:
All staff we dealt with spoke good English.Met by the bell boy who took our cases to the room, Reception staff efficient, Bar tenders pleasant and ready to have a laugh with you. Waiters always on the go and consistently looked busy. A special mention should be made to the waiter we met on first day, Ahmad, Who once he learned what drinks we liked always made sure we had a plentiful supply and had a table.
BEACH:
Beautiful beach with plentiful sunloungers and a gently sloping shore for snorkelling if you aren't that strong a swimmer, Plus a jetty which leads out to deeper water.
FOOD AND DRINK:
Breakfast consisted of eggs, cereals, fruit, toast, salad and bacon pieces. Lunch was a selection of chicken, beef, pastas, pizzas, burgers ,Fish, omelettes, chips, salads, cheeses and ham, And these were pretty much what you got for dinner as well, Except they had theme nights which made a nice change. We are not fussy eaters so found plenty to eat but I think if you were particular then it maybe a bit repetitive. All inclusive drinks were wine, Which was good, Sprits were a little hit and miss in that although drinkable with a mixer, Didn't taste anything like what we'd drink in UK. Beer was lovely.
TIPPING:
I know some people don't like to tip and don't feel they should which is fair enough, But as it's the custom in North African countries You will find a small tip every now and then, Particularly to the waiters, Will result in excellent service. We tipped our waiter every other evening with $1 and as soon as he spotted us come in he found us a seat, bought over our drinks and made sure we were continuously topped up!.Also tipped the cleaner twice during our stay as we felt he done a great job and were left with some excellent towel sculptures lef ton the bed.
OTHER GUESTS:
The main thing that I would like to point out is a portion of the Russian guests. I estimated that the hotel was mainly made up of Russian and British guests in equal numbers with a scattering of Italians. The way Russians are means that the majority are quite rude and direct towards staff and push in at meal times, So just hold your ground and be aware that they will try and push infront of you, Any time of day is vodka o'clock so needless to say some will be half cut by lunch time, However are harmless enough and quite amusing to watch weave about and attempt to dance. One thing that annoyed me slightly about a few British guests is that I feel when you're a guest in another country try and learn basic words like please and thank you, It isn't that hard to learn 2 words in a foreign language and the staff will appreciate it! Also at the bar in the lobby most nights were a pain to order a drink as the whole bar was being hogged by older British guests who sat there chatting oblivious to the queues building up behind them.
CONCLUSION:
If you want a cheap all inclusive holiday and realise that you get what you pay for and treat the staff with respect, You will love it. If however you pay for a cheap holiday and expect the Hilton and nitpick all the minor points which could be better(Such as the dated rooms and at times repetitive food) then I suggest paying twice as much and going somewhere else.

Any questions please ask

Room Tip: - ask for a beach view room and away from amphitheatre where can be noisy at night. - tip $1 now an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank TannedStunners
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hauza for 2 weeks in April and was sadly our final visit. We had a good time as usual and can honestly say we saw a lot of improvements being made around the whole resort, and that was down to the new management team. They have spoke to guests and covered a lot of repairs that needed doing and the general mood of the place has cheered up loads since previous visit.
So they must be commended because they are making Hauza go back to how it used to be 3yrs ago. As always we make our holiday enjoyable so my advice is ignore me Russians are any other guests who are not as well mannered as we are, if you keep to that then you will have a really good holiday here.
Would like to thank all the members of staff at the hauza who have over the last seven visits always treat us with the
greatest respect + made our times there great. Our memories are treasured always. God bless all + best wishes for the future.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank twinksxx
uk
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights from 20th may 2014. When we arrived the first thing we noticed was there was no air con in reception, they left our luggage outside which we felt very uncomfortable about, guys on reception we're not very friendly to start with, we were shown to our room by a very cheerful bell boy, on entering room 2007 to say we were shocked was an understatement! My friend and I almost cried and decided we couldn't spend our time in this room, it had a foul smell and was filthy, we went back to reception and complained, we were taken to room 2517 by the guest relations girl, who was not very friendly, the room was slightly better, but not ideal, cracked tiles in bathroom in floor and walls, dusty and generally in need of a lick of paint and a good clean. Air con was very noisy, couldn't sleep with it on, also we couldn't lock the door from inside, so didn't feel very safe. On our first morning we ate toast and butter for breakfast, we didn't know at this stage it was to become our staple for the duration of our stay! We were hounded by people trying to sell us trips, newspapers and beauty treatments, they just didn't take NO for an answer, one in particular, Adam I think his name was , was very rude! When we decided on a treatment, I ended up covered in bruises all over my body , not my idea of a relaxing massage! Feeling very hungry at lunch time, we decided to check out what food was on offer, omg, salads that weren't even covered, or refrigerated, meats and fish that weren't cooked properly, and a stifling hot restaurant ! We later discovered the air con was only put on when the big boss was there, and yes you've guessed it, we ate fresh baked bread and rice for lunch, then again for dinner! We went to a la carte restaurant for and Indian meal, it was putrid, all 3 courses for me were in edible ! There was a few shops at hotel, the man that sold the oils etc was very rude about the English when we said we would think about it as we were there for another few days and ignored us the rest of the holiday, which to be quite honest was ok with us. On our last night I cut my leg open a nail protruding from my bed, reported it, no one came so went to recep and demanded to see manager, language barrier was hopeless , he said has a bug bitten you? Eventually got him to understand, was treated free of charge, but tbh they were not interested, and wanted me to sign a disclaimer to say I wouldn't take any legal action, I refused this. The drinking water was dubious, as we saw on two occasions empty water bottles being delivered to the pool bar! Both me and my friend had diarrhoea , and so did lots of other guests, some being taken into hospital to be put on to a drip to replace fluids. I know I must sound like a right moaner, but I saved hard for this holiday, as do most people, and now I have to wait until next year before I can have another one, so disappointed.
We'll now the good bits!!! A 2 month old white lion cub was at the hotel, amazing getting to hold it, most of staff were lovely, t and we're friendly, helpful and couldn't do enough to help. Plenty of sunbeds and parasols, although the hotel was quite empty! Lovely beach, water shallow enough for all ages to enjoy the snorkelling and see beautiful fish, friendly staff to collect towels from, they even walked with you to your chosen sunbed and placed towels for you, I could say a lot more, but won't go on about it, this hotel needs some tlc, very run down in places, will never ever go there again, and certainly won't recommend to anyone, I must just say, that the animation team were very good, and had to put up with a lot from the Russian guests! Entertainment a little repetitive , but they have to do what they are told to do, including letting the Russians win all comps, and charging them less for trips out etc! Please , please don't waste your hard earned money staying here :-(

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank debbie p

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I actually liked this place. I liked that it was quirky. Ok it could have been cleaner but we just sat by the pool most of the time. Which I thought were clean. The team were definitely on the case there. The food wasn't good. We are out in British bars for the last 4 nights which were amazing.
The Russians are a bit of a problem. They can be quite rude but tend to back off if you tell them to. The animation team were lovely. Paige was my favourite. Such a laugh.
If you fancied getting drunk I suggest the tequila boom drink at the pool bar. I didn't like the hangover afterwards though! Haha my fault !!
There's one waiter in the restaurant that worked so hard and he was always smiling and always bringing us drinks whilst eating.
My boyfriend went snorkelling while I sat on the jetty and took pictures. He really enjoyed that.
Oh and about he hassling at Hauza Pool, our rep told us to get a Red Flag that the recreation team put on your parasol and nobody is allowed to try selling you excursions, the first day we didn't have a red flag and were hassled a lot. But the red flag made a difference. They tried to sell stuff but notice then red flag and move on.
All in all I had a lovely time and I would love to go to sharm again. My boyfriend said he wouldnt go to Hauza again because of the food. That was the only downfall for us.
If you just want a pool side holiday then you'd probably enjoy it here. (MacDonalds deliver!!! So I was happy with that lol)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Abi P
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited this hotel resort in May 2014...I haven't
got many positives to say about this hotel, the food was THE SAME every single night, the breakfast ended before 10am (the time it's supposed to end) the cooking area was absolutely
filthy, bad hygiene - the salad area was open and not covered - there was NO air conditioning in the restaurant and reception, which caused insects and bugs - they only turn it on when the big boss walks around - they take 30 minutes to sort you out with some wifi, which is over priced - annoying animation team, one Essex girl had a go at someone for not going clubbing with them, rude like the hotel staff themselves - power cuts in rooms constantly - shower open to wires and electrics, death waiting to happen - everyone talking about vomiting and stomach viruses, common conversation around the pool, no wonder by the look of that undercooked food. Egypt is lovely, just don't stay at Hauza Beach Resort, stay in a hotel where they cook food and look after the guests properly.

• Stayed May 2014