“I come back to Hauza Beach Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hauza Beach Resort

Hauza Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Leipzig
“I come back to Hauza Beach Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

It was so nice that I would rise best now immediately in the next airplane.
The vacation in the Hauza Beach Resort was indescribably nice. The sea, the whole arrangement and the staff were simply great.
The resignation of the animation team fiehl to me very hard.
I promise I come back!
Lots of love Katja

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Katja_1987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
england
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

Just returned and not happy the restaurant was dirty and smelt the food was terrible.The rooms were very nice and always cleaned daily.The bar staff and restuarant staff were fantastic they worked very hard to please everyone nothing was to much trouble for them.
Our friend was ill for 3 days with gaustric problems had to have the hotel doctor to him he treated him at the cost of £900 .
The pool area was very nice apart from the music being played very load all day everyday so it was hard to relax.
Your room fridge has 2 bottles of water and 2 cartons of juice on arrival after that you are asked to buy your water.
The swim up pool was closed for most of our stay only to open selling fruit just,
The zoo was closed for all of our stay.
Path ways were unfinished and poorly lit at night as were the many steps that you have to go up and down.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank heatherbec

Travellers are raving about these Nabq Bay hotels

Sheffield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

Where do I begin?!

Hauza Horrors, as I suspect, you get the jist of it already.

We booked this hotel a year ago for our honeymoon, we did research, looked on their website, it looked amazing, fantastic, the holiday of our dreams going to a 5* inclusive resort.

This, it is NOT!! Whilst we stayed out Hauza, it was down graded from a 5* to a 3*. We saw men in clipboards marking their findings at the hotel. So when you book, be warned, 5* is NOT what you are getting...

Where to begin... the room on arrival. We were told that we were being upgrading to a sea view room, we thought - fantastic!! - but to find, the room was small and danky, the lighting was terrible. To do my make up in the evening, I had to sit on the bed underneath a light as I could not see. The furniture is dated, it does not look like it has been updated in around 20 years, it was like walking back into the 1960s!! There were 8 hangers, I asked for more, but they were unable to privide. There were no drawers or proper bedside tables. The only good thing about the room was the view. The air conditioning was either to cold or warm - not very easy to adjust. Although there was a fridge in the room, it was never filled. Everything was in euros, e.i. room service. I could not understand why when we were in Egypt... just another way of trying to rip you off.

Word of warning actually, when going to Egypt, the last thing you seem to want and require is the Egyptian pound. They like the American Dollar, Euro and British Pound.

The food.... Awful, dreadful, sickening. No theme nights, everything the same. The meat was over cooked and bland. Rice and pasta was under cooked and had no sauce on offer. The fish, god, stay away, it was like water. Salad, was rock hard, dried up and shivelled up. There was NO fruit whatsoever. On a couple of occasions I saw some green or black bananas, bruised oranges that had already been cut and left to dry out. The funniest thing was the watermelon - if you wanted on, you had to pay 10euros!! Everynight, every lunch time, the same food. Nothing was different, everything always the same. No variety whatsoever. Breakfast was appauling. The cereal was like cardboard, there was something called beef bacon and peans instead of beans.
Serve by staff was dreadful. They looked depressed, were rude and impolite. They walked passed on serveral occasions without offering a drink and by the time they would notice you, you had already eaten.
Also, my husband and I never got to eat together as we always had the treat of loosing our table!! Even if drinks were on they were often removed and others would sit on your table.
The staff allowed people to push in - especially the Egyptians, Russians and Italians.
Everything dwindled, the bread, the staff and the attitude.

Drinks - well, if you like being treated like a kid, this is your place. Everything ion plastic small cups. The only alcohol was local produce - no imports on offer whatsoever. The only variety was Gin, Vodka, Brandy and Rum. There was 'rola colour' - it was so dreadful that if you put it up against the sun, you could see through it.
The beer was dull and flat and you could not pull your own pint, pint what am I saying, plastic cup!! Also, you could not fill up a water bottle with water. Staff shouted at you, just saying NO, NO, NO!! No explanation. The whole idea of all inclusive is that you can get what you want when you want.

There was no zoo, it was closed, again no explanation.

There was no supermarket in the complex.

You had to pay 10euros to play pool!!! The ice hockey game was there, but it did not work.
You had to pay to play table tennis too!!

Ice cream was not all inclusive although it was advertised as being so.

There was meant to be a pool bar, it was closed and looked as though it had been for sometime. They sometimes put fruit around it, but to add to the audacity, we asked about it and they said it was just for display/show.

Swimming pools were unattended. I saw kids going down slides with no water. We called the jungle park - Bedrock as the floor was so uneven and you could no see the steps in the water. It was so dangerous that you could not get out of the pool without stubbing a toe or cutting a knee or elbow.

There are loads and loads of steps, not a problem, but if you are a parent with a buggy or pram and small children, you've had it. There is no access at all for disabled.

The pizzeria was not all inclusive, you had to pay.

You could get pizza at lunch but I really would not recommend as I got food poisioning from it - it was left unattended and open to flies. Also the variety of pizza was onions, pepper and cheese - oh and there was some odd looking minced beef which I would not touch with a barge pole.

The weather was amazing.... the beach was great too - for snorkling etc. However, the horses and camels were in bad condition. Horses were boney and skinny, were bleeding and were whipped. They put people on that were too big for them to carry. The camels, well, one died whilst we were there...

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I went to the hotel manager about my dismay - but he did not seem interested. Promised water everyday in the room, but it never happened.

Staff always hinting for tips or a free ride. You got completely hastled by the beach or by the pool, not by one, but at least 10 people everyday offering you magazines to camel rides. I advise that you book through your rep. I heard horror stories of people getting ripped off!!

Go to the Aqua Park!! It was amazing! Fun for all, a great day out. Go snorkliong on the boat trip, it was fantastic. And quad biking - a great experience.

Hauza's moto is - A different experience. Well, yes it was, one I never wish to experience ever ever again.

We saw a rat. I informed the reception, they said they don't mind them as they eat the lizards. The rooms are crawling with ants!!

They try to rip you off with taxi's booking from the hotel, go on a blue bus which the locals use.

We spent over £500 on this holiday from having to eat out everynight for the second week. I had an upset stomach from the Wednesday until now - Wednesday (day I got back.)

There was no atmosphere, no music or entertainment at night. No disco as advertised. What got me, quite funny actually, they were doing a beach party, I thought great... but to go, you had to pay 15euros!! Quite ridiculous really considering it is all inclusive!!

There were two restaurants there an indian - which isn't an indian and a fish restaurant. Don't think I saw anyone eat in there the whole two weeks I was there. And you had to make a booking at least 3 days before you wanted to go!!

I had a great holiday, I did not let it ruin my time, Egypt is fantastic, but this hotel is quite frankly rubbish from hospitality to entertainment (non existant!) to the staff to the health and safety.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

In brief, I enjoyed everything including the animation, food, drink. Everything about the hotel is remarkable; even the staff is friendly and helpful. We can't for example forget Mido Eshafey , an Egyptian guy who works in the hotel.That person gave us medicine for my stomache trouble. That hotel is great and we will come back again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Liza82
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

Right, Where to start!?!? This was my 8th time to Egypt, and we booked the Hauza Beach Resort - what a great decision!

The hotel itself was very nice, not grand like many others that we have stayed at previously, but it suited our needs. One thing to say though is that the hotel is probably 5-10min taxi ride from the airport. Our tour operator charged us £30 each for transfers that took almost an hour due to having so many drop offs! Its well worth getting a cab instead, but just make sure you get the price before you get in the cab and haggle like mad!

Now for the hotel itself:

Check-in/Reception: Very quick and efficient. We were checked in within minutes and showed to our room. We had a standard room which had 2 large double beds. The room was clean and came with a tv, air conditioning, hairdryer etc. Our AC did stop twice during our stay but when we reported it with reception, someone was round to fix it within half an hour of the call. Most of the guys on reception are very friendly. There is a shuttle bus to Nnaama Bay which costs 5 Euros return per person.

Restaurants: The main buffet restaurant is again nice and clean and the waiters are very helpful and polite. We found that sometimes they had so much to do that service was a little slow but this was not their fault. It is a good idea to tip on the first few visits as you seem to find a table quicker and drinks appear automatically after that. There was some choice for breakfast (some fried brekkie, continental, and cereals). Likewise at lunch there were sufficient options. Dinner time can be busy depending on when you go - there were several options available, although several dishes would be repeated a few days later. There are snacks at the pool bar (not great, but fill a hole!), and the beach bar serves Pizzas at certain times of the day. You have to wait a long time for your pizza - but they are yummy and worth the wait! We had NO problems with any of the food and did not get ill at all. Please tip the staff if you can, they work hard and deserve it. One problem with the hotel is that in insists on giving you drinks in tiny plastic cups - the time you get back to your sunbed you have already drunk you drink and need another one! There are some bigger cups, so if you are lucky enough to get one - Keep hold of it!!! Then reuse it every day! Annoyingly a lot of the Russians seem to get hold of these!!!

Pool: The pool areas looked very nice - and there were water slides at one of the pools. We did not go in the pools as we were way too busy at the beach but there were always plenty of sunbeds when we walked by.

Beach: If you are coming to Egypt for snorkelling, this is the place to go! If you just want a nice beach holiday where you can go in the sea and swim around and float etc, you will need to think carefully. The main beach is more like a lagoon - you can swim here but need to be careful of rocks and urchins, so water shoes are recommended. If you are looking for a good base for snorkelling, this hotel has a wooden jetty that takes you out over the rock to a vertical house reef. When you go off the jetty the water is probably about 50m deep! Sometimes it is hard to see the bottom!! However the reef is out of this world! There is a huge napoleon fish living near the jetty (because annoying people insist of feeding it) and it is funny to hear the screams from oblivious swimmers who have not seen him approach! We have been to Egypt several times and have done various trips to Tiran Island and Ras Mohammed National Park - however we saw more species of marine life at this hotel. During the week we saw turtles, lionfish, napoleon fish, porcupine fish, scorpion fish, numerous angel/butterfly fish, unicornfish and even a shark (although only for about 10 seconds before it swam off!)
Be warned though - some mornings the jetty had a 'red flag' as the wind was a bit high resulting in quite a current. However once the 'yellow flag' was out, you could go in without any problems.

We are extremely eager to return to Hauza Beach purely for the Coral Reef. Although some staff are abrupt and rude (including one guy in particular at the beach bar) there are many others that are great and really try to make you enjoy your holiday! Dont forget that standards are not the same in Egypt as they are here, so dont be shocked!
I am already looking at going back in a few months - cant wait!

I have also previously been to other hotels in Sharm, Taba, and Makadi Bay so feel free to contact me if you want more information.

• Stayed September 2009
woking
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

Me and my partner had a fantastic stay at this hotel. Our room was lovely and we had a balcony overlooking well kept gardens. The staff are all very helpul once you overcome languge barriers with some of them but thats to be expected, thier english is better than my egyptian!!! We particularly enjoyed our days by the pool with the entertainment and activities provided by the hardworking annimation/ entertainment team, I took part in water aerobics, stretching (like yoga) but also available were games of water polo, water basket ball, darts, table tennis. They also provided games for on the beach as well as always being sociable and friendly and up for a laugh. The evening entertainment was also good and i can say the whole team work extremly hard to make your stay more fun. The location of the hotel is good with its own private beach. We were also only a taxi drive away from markets and shopping centre's. I liked the annimation team and pool area best and if i had to choose something i wasnt as keen on it would be the food at dinner but that is due to my taste rather than the quality or amount of food avaliable throughout the day.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
mdlander
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2009

this hotel had a real bad review,i would like to say we returned on the 9th sept and had a fantastic time,staff were brill ,room were very clean, food was also edible,yes we had a tummy bug !! most people do when going away but this holiday was one of the best for a while,we can find faults if we look but this hotel has had some poor reviews when it didnt deserve them,we lookin into going again my son loved it!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family