“Absolute nightmare of a hotel!”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can only assume other people's standards are different to ours, we were booked in here for a 10 day holiday & stayed 2 nights and paid £600 to move to the Royal Albatross Moderna that we stayed at 2 yrs ago. We arrived 6pm on Thursday 17th April to be greeted by a distressed woman at reception waiting for a taxi to take her family to another hotel.....her little boy had been vomiting for 5 days constantly & on the 6th day a doctor had put him on a drip, her husband had then started with it along with her other child, she said I will let you draw your own conclusion! We got settled & went down for evening meal which was unedible, nothing was hot, all luke warm, even the fresh pasta with a watery tomato sauce which I thought was a safe option had a really weird taste to it, the fresh pizza that my daughter chose as she put it was "ok" but I couldn't eat it again! Breakfast was ok, toast/fresh omelettes but on looking closer in the restaurant in daylight, behind the food stations was absolutely filthy. We were not prepared to spend our precious holiday worrying about being ill so decided to move to the RAM which is an amazing hotel with wonderful food. On a positive note the staff at Sea Club couldn't do enough for you, all lovely & the water slides are amazing but not enough to keep us there I'm afraid.....never again!

Room Tip: Avoid 24 hr bar & amphitheatre!
1  Thank MandMandE
M A, Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
First, Would like to thank you for staying with us and for your time spent to write your comments which will surely direct us to a better service & performance . All your comments are taken positively and a serious action has been taken in order to improve those points and insure that it will never be repeated . Would ask you kindly to give us another chance by visiting us again to prove that we have improved the services and that we have taken you notes as guidelines to the reach a higher level of guest satisfaction.I appreciate the time you took to formally reflect on your experience with our property. Once again, thank you for your helpful feedback about the Resort. We hope that you will consider Sea Club Aqua Park in the future for your vacation.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the water park! Amazing atmosphere! Every1 was really nice! However did have some trouble with staff from the spa team, they seemed quite rude. My advice would be to try and just ignore them. However the park itself was really good! :) i would defo come back there again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naaaaaj

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the worst I've ever stayed in. On the first day we were insulted 4 times and the Managers had to be called. All the staff were rude.
Restaurant- dreadful! All the food was cold and all the staff were terrible.
Pool- if you want hyperthermia then go for it. It's also dirty.
Water park- great but again staff rude!
I go to Egypt 4 times a year and would advise anyone to stay away from this Hotel. If you want an Aqua park look at sea blu or royal albertros.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel was clean and well kept
The kids loved all the pools n slides and loved the animation team
Room was spacious and Hassan looked after us even getting us a birthday cake for my husband
If you need wifi take a mifi box and buy a sim from the friendly guys in the shop by the main restaurant
We used the Italian and Indian restaurants as main one can be a bit canteen and no one eats at the same time
Went to hard rock in naqb twice for a change reception organised taxis probably a bit more expensive but at least safe and picked you back up...
May return one day as only got 2nd in mr and mrs sea club... Need 1st next time.
A good choice for an easy break in the sun....

Room Tip: Near amphitheatre will be noisy but rooms very good soundproofed
3  Thank Askthefishers00

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park and the efforts you took to share your views with us. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We visited Sea Club for two weeks prior to the Easter weekend and had a brilliant time. We had a family suite which accommodated two adults and our three children and it was spacious and clean.

The water slides were brilliant too. We didn't see the kids for two weeks as they were permanently on them. There were loads of activities through the day organised by the animation team including games, water aerobics, stretching and best of all......volleyball twice a day! My husband hardly missed a game!

The food was lovely. Always cooked thoroughly and there were choices. It was not to everyone's taste but very good for all inclusive in Egypt! And for those people that complained, don't go to foreign countries if you are not prepared to eat their food! We had a lovely meal in the Indian restaurant but didn't fancy the Italian menu until the chef spoke to us. He asked us what we wanted to eat and laid on a special meal for us! Basically, they are very accommodating but just talk to the staff and they will move mountains to make you happy!

The evening entertainment was good too. In two weeks we never had an evening when we were sitting around and wondering what to do. There were shows every night at the amphitheatre and mostly they were very amusing! Oh and I never had the chance to apologise to Toosha for smacking him with those flip flops on stage! SORRY TOOSHA! Hope it didn't hurt too much.

The animation team were amazing. Manchester, the animations manager, worked very hard, and was always interacting with the guests. Thank you so much to Manchester, Toosha, Fire, Omar, Sheitos, Nicola, Eden and Julia. WE MISS YOU!!!!!

And just a very special mention to Sayed, our pool waiter, and to Mustafah and Ahmed, our sun bed men..............thank you for looking after us for two weeks. And also to chef Asim and chef Ali who were very attentive and always cooked a good barbecue and made our visit to the Italian a wonderful experience!

The restaurant managers were also brilliant - especially when we had trouble with a drunken Russian! They quickly removed him! They could never do enough for you! In fact everyone was like that from the room cleaners to the bar staff to the hotel management!

Oh and my husband would love that chefs job!

It appears that the sole purpose for the staff at Sea Club is to make you happy. They really want to make this hotel right and if there is any aspect that their guests are not happy with they are more than willing to listen to constructive criticism to give them the opportunity to make it right! Sometimes people are very quick to moan about things but given the chance the hotel would rather know concerns and will deal with them effectively.

If you all read this review, on behalf of our family, myself and my husband would like to thank you so much for such an amazing holiday!!!!!

Becky, Lee, Jack, Jamie and Ellie x

1  Thank Rebecca V

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person .And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team .

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Family room was perfect. Bed extremely comfortable. Everything clean thanks to AMR from house keeping who was really friendly and looked after us well. The wonderful selection of slides kept the grandchildren happy all day. The one let down was that it wasnt always possible to get something to eat like at other hotels and the food in the buffet restaurant was ok but a bit boring from mid week. The Italian restaurant however was wonderful. The fillet steak was to die for. Well done to the chef. We all had a perfect meal here and wished we had gone there earlier.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Sylvia S

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person .And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team , the Italian restaurant and the chef .
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very good aqua park kids had a lot of fun.
Very nice housekeeper Mahmoud and very good lifeguards and animation team.
Unfortunately the bar and restaurant waiters are very rude but I think they only choose to be rude to my family and other asian guests they do not hide the fact that they don't like asians. Infact I was sat in main restaurant when a very tall bald man I assume was a supervisor in restaurant was making fun of asians with one of the white British guests. This upset me very much.
Daily the waiters at aqua poll bar will serve drinks to everyone around except the asian families I don't understand why as we would have been happy to tip them. They was very rude to me when I walked to bar to order drink and would serve any white guests before serving me I don't understand why. My children are not rude and are well mannered but they got treated badly. I don't like to get people in trouble but it deeply hurt my feelings I chose to spend my hard earned cash and visit this place and got treated like something off the bottom of someone's shoes. This is mainly a problem with aqua park bar staff terrace bar staff and main restaurant. The waiters are very rude but only to asian families. I wander if the management are aware of how badly some of their guests are being treated. I paid all inclusive but to be fair I was at times too scared to go ask for a drink at bar!!!
Don't be put off Egypt for this reason because I think this problem only exists in this hotel amongst these few narrow minded racist staff members.
Other people we met in such as Mohammed Ali who sells quad bike excursions the spa and hair salon staff are very nice and always say hello.
Our cleaner Mahmoud who cleans block 15 is so nice and so good at his job he made my kids day everyday with his towel art.
Some of the lifeguards are also very nice not all of them mind you.
The hotel taxi mustang are also very polite and very nice the driver mustafa and another one always spoke very nicely to us.
And the Egyptian people we met out of hotel in old market and la strada in shops where equally pleasant.
So just choose your hotel wisely don't go to sea club resorts if you are asian you will come back feeling like a second class citizen and like us feel very upset. Just read reviews for other hotels there are plenty to choose from.
In future I'll return to Tunisia where I have never seen this kind of attitude towards asians and have always had a warm welcome and been treated the same as every guest to their country.

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank Adam120109

Dear Valued Guest,
We all regret that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us.Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
Aqua Blu Sharm
Aqua Blu Sharm
#41 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#92 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#3 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!