“It was good but could be better.....”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Manchester, United Kingdom
“It was good but could be better.....”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Close to airport which is great £10 in a taxi. Check in quick. Rooms huge with plenty of storage. Bathroom huge with big walk in shower. Rooms could be cleaned better ie the glass on patio doors (I am fussy about glass) Mosquito are rife take repellent to spray on yourself ie jungle spray. Bar staff very rude & ignorant especially outside main restraunt & inside main restraunt. Some of the chefs were quite rude too, pulling there faces when you took more than 2 slices of melon. Omlette chef was lovely in the Indian restraunt where only British people could hv breakfast. Waiters in all the restraunts were lovely, Especially the Indian restraunt which I found to be better than Italian food wise. Food in main restraunt was hit & miss some nights excellent some nights not so good, but we always found something to eat in there. Very unorganised tho with people rushing around it was like a stampede some nights & the Russians will not que for anything. Grounds are spotlessly clean. Aqua park was fab my 4 & 12 year old both loved it. Lifeguards always about to keep kids safe. Kids club in the day could be a lot better, my 4year old found it boring - they don't sign children in & out which I found unsettling & they don't do games or craft making with them (Iv stayed at holiday villages in the past & the kids clubs are fab there) at aqua club they just do face painting & drawing. Girls were lovely with the children though. iPhone went missing from room but miraculously turned up under the pillow after a few hours (it wasn't there earlier as I had the whole bed pulled out) wifi non existent even when in main reception lounge, could not get onto it.
Don't do dolphin show it was a farce & very unorganised. The dolphins looked to big for the tiny pool they were kept in. The go karting was fun. The VIP cruise is ok, nothing special though. The hotel rep said quadding in dessert has been cancelled due to safety, but the guys around the pool sell this trip. we never went as we were unsure if it was safe or not. The music is loud around the aqua park but this did not bother us. I had a good time but it could of been Amazing if things were tweaked & things were a little more organised. It was a nice 1 week Easter break.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank XxmandxX
M A, Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
I am delighted to see that you were generally pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us once more. The entire team and myself are always sincerely delighted to know that we have managed to meet the expectations of our guests and are always more than happy to be welcoming you and so many loyal guests back to the Resort.

For your kind information, your comments are of a great importance to us, only through it, we can aim to improve the level of services that our guests receive, and in today’s world this is essential. Please rest assured that we take such comments seriously and follow them through in every case. It is always our intention to create the best possible environment for our guests’ satisfaction whilst on vacation
Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Bradford
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What a hotel! I can't believe anyone has a bad word to say about it. We are a family of 5 with three children, 10, 8 & 8. We stayed for 13 nights. ALL the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. I have no idea were Lisa D stayed!!!!! The waiters bring you drinks all day around the pool. At night in the bar you don't have to move off your chair as again the waiters we'll wait! The food was wonderful. We all visited the food more than once on each sitting!
We herd a family complaining of 'there's no food for us to eat'! I think these people will never be happy even if paying £1000's per person! Look at the amount of high ratings these do not lie.
One of my daughters tripped around the pool, because she was running and ripped her toe nail off. Please don't think the area is unsafe it's not, she tripped over the smallest raise In the floor! Anyway the staff were great and treated the wound. It got a slight infection so I phoned the receptionist to enquire about a pharmacist to get some antibiotics. Within 5 mins the hotel had contacted the local store and routed them to my room phone. The pharmacist prescribed and delivered some children's antibiotics medicine, antibiotic cream and some medical water to wash the area. I thought this was going to be expensive but it cost L.E 52.00 equivalent to approx £4.50! Bargain, all the medicine was glaxosmithkline! The staff honestly couldn't do enough for you and they wasn't in your face.
Not once did I meet any rude staff. The staff are a credit to the hotel and work from morning till night!

3 Thank MaisieEvieMadie
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to take the time to respond back to your review as I was particularly delighted to see that you were very pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .
High Peak
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can only assume other people's standards are different to ours, we were booked in here for a 10 day holiday & stayed 2 nights and paid £600 to move to the Royal Albatross Moderna that we stayed at 2 yrs ago. We arrived 6pm on Thursday 17th April to be greeted by a distressed woman at reception waiting for a taxi to take her family to another hotel.....her little boy had been vomiting for 5 days constantly & on the 6th day a doctor had put him on a drip, her husband had then started with it along with her other child, she said I will let you draw your own conclusion! We got settled & went down for evening meal which was unedible, nothing was hot, all luke warm, even the fresh pasta with a watery tomato sauce which I thought was a safe option had a really weird taste to it, the fresh pizza that my daughter chose as she put it was "ok" but I couldn't eat it again! Breakfast was ok, toast/fresh omelettes but on looking closer in the restaurant in daylight, behind the food stations was absolutely filthy. We were not prepared to spend our precious holiday worrying about being ill so decided to move to the RAM which is an amazing hotel with wonderful food. On a positive note the staff at Sea Club couldn't do enough for you, all lovely & the water slides are amazing but not enough to keep us there I'm afraid.....never again!

Room Tip: Avoid 24 hr bar & amphitheatre!
1 Thank MandMandE
Dear Valued Guest,
First, Would like to thank you for staying with us and for your time spent to write your comments which will surely direct us to a better service & performance . All your comments are taken positively and a serious action has been taken in order to improve those points and insure that it will never be repeated . Would ask you kindly to give us another chance by visiting us again to prove that we have improved the services and that we have taken you notes as guidelines to the reach a higher level of guest satisfaction.I appreciate the time you took to formally reflect on your experience with our property. Once again, thank you for your helpful feedback about the Resort. We hope that you will consider Sea Club Aqua Park in the future for your vacation.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the water park! Amazing atmosphere! Every1 was really nice! However did have some trouble with staff from the spa team, they seemed quite rude. My advice would be to try and just ignore them. However the park itself was really good! :) i would defo come back there again!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Naaaaaj
Staffordshire
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the worst I've ever stayed in. On the first day we were insulted 4 times and the Managers had to be called. All the staff were rude.
Restaurant- dreadful! All the food was cold and all the staff were terrible.
Pool- if you want hyperthermia then go for it. It's also dirty.
Water park- great but again staff rude!
I go to Egypt 4 times a year and would advise anyone to stay away from this Hotel. If you want an Aqua park look at sea blu or royal albertros.

• Stayed April 2014
7 Thank Lisa D
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel was clean and well kept
The kids loved all the pools n slides and loved the animation team
Room was spacious and Hassan looked after us even getting us a birthday cake for my husband
If you need wifi take a mifi box and buy a sim from the friendly guys in the shop by the main restaurant
We used the Italian and Indian restaurants as main one can be a bit canteen and no one eats at the same time
Went to hard rock in naqb twice for a change reception organised taxis probably a bit more expensive but at least safe and picked you back up...
May return one day as only got 2nd in mr and mrs sea club... Need 1st next time.
A good choice for an easy break in the sun....

Room Tip: Near amphitheatre will be noisy but rooms very good soundproofed
3 Thank Askthefishers00
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park and the efforts you took to share your views with us. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family .
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We visited Sea Club for two weeks prior to the Easter weekend and had a brilliant time. We had a family suite which accommodated two adults and our three children and it was spacious and clean.

The water slides were brilliant too. We didn't see the kids for two weeks as they were permanently on them. There were loads of activities through the day organised by the animation team including games, water aerobics, stretching and best of all......volleyball twice a day! My husband hardly missed a game!

The food was lovely. Always cooked thoroughly and there were choices. It was not to everyone's taste but very good for all inclusive in Egypt! And for those people that complained, don't go to foreign countries if you are not prepared to eat their food! We had a lovely meal in the Indian restaurant but didn't fancy the Italian menu until the chef spoke to us. He asked us what we wanted to eat and laid on a special meal for us! Basically, they are very accommodating but just talk to the staff and they will move mountains to make you happy!

The evening entertainment was good too. In two weeks we never had an evening when we were sitting around and wondering what to do. There were shows every night at the amphitheatre and mostly they were very amusing! Oh and I never had the chance to apologise to Toosha for smacking him with those flip flops on stage! SORRY TOOSHA! Hope it didn't hurt too much.

The animation team were amazing. Manchester, the animations manager, worked very hard, and was always interacting with the guests. Thank you so much to Manchester, Toosha, Fire, Omar, Sheitos, Nicola, Eden and Julia. WE MISS YOU!!!!!

And just a very special mention to Sayed, our pool waiter, and to Mustafah and Ahmed, our sun bed men..............thank you for looking after us for two weeks. And also to chef Asim and chef Ali who were very attentive and always cooked a good barbecue and made our visit to the Italian a wonderful experience!

The restaurant managers were also brilliant - especially when we had trouble with a drunken Russian! They quickly removed him! They could never do enough for you! In fact everyone was like that from the room cleaners to the bar staff to the hotel management!

Oh and my husband would love that chefs job!

It appears that the sole purpose for the staff at Sea Club is to make you happy. They really want to make this hotel right and if there is any aspect that their guests are not happy with they are more than willing to listen to constructive criticism to give them the opportunity to make it right! Sometimes people are very quick to moan about things but given the chance the hotel would rather know concerns and will deal with them effectively.

If you all read this review, on behalf of our family, myself and my husband would like to thank you so much for such an amazing holiday!!!!!

Becky, Lee, Jack, Jamie and Ellie x

1 Thank Rebecca V
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person .And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team .
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sea Club Resort - Sharm el Sheikh
Aqua Blu Sharm
Aqua Blu Sharm
#42 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#95 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 230 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!