We stayed at Sea club Aqua park 10th -24th April 2014. Is located 5 mins from the airport so we had a private taxi which cost us about £10. On arrival check in was super speedy and we was given a map of the resort along with some information about times of bars and restaurants etc. We was checked into room 1011. We had requested a low floor and not near too much noise ! However we soon realised that we had been placed on the second floor and right next to the amphitheater! This was very noisy, so we chose to pack up and move to block 18. This was much better and i would suggest if you like a little peace and quiet i would avoid block 9,10,11,12,14 and 15.
our Room 1823....
We stayed in a family suite which consisted of a twin room for my boys, which had their own balcony. our room which had a really big and comfortable bed. However we didn't have a balcony which was a little odd. We had a safe in the wardrobe to keep valuables in. Both bedrooms had there own flat screen TV's too. We also had a little sitting room which had a mini fridge, on arrival had two bottles of water, but these were not replenished by house keeping. we had to remember to bring bottled water from the bar each day. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was great, all in good repair. There was hand soap dispensers and hair dryers in the bathroom too. The room cleaner wasn't great and would sometimes only leave us two towels for 4 of us. After ringing reception the cleaner turned up and argued with me that i should of found him and not ring reception as he gets into trouble... The cheek !
Food and drink...
The food was OK, basic in the kids section, usually chicken nuggets and chips.During our two week stay we had chance to eat in the Indian and Italian restaurant. It was a nice change, but the Italian restaurant was very dark. This has to be pre- booked the night before at 6.30 or 8.30 pm sittings. The Indian restaurant also served breakfast to English occupants only, this was a welcome break from the noisy hustle and bustle of the main restaurant and away from the Russians ! Fouad the Restaurant manager really looked after us, he was great and made us very welcome. Especially my Niece Izzie. Plenty of choice, cereal, toast, Croissants, pancakes,fruit, yogurt etc. Tea, coffee and juice. Pool bar snacks also available such as fish and chips, burger, pizza and hot dogs.Bar staff were efficient at keeping queues down, however they do fear the Russians and wont think twice about allowing them to push in and serve them first. This was annoying and the staff do need reminding that you was there first. Alcoholic and non alcoholic Cocktails available and locally sourced beer and spirits weren't too bad.
The slides and splash park was great for all the family lots to do and the wave pool and lazy river was good fun too. We did find that all of our skin got quite dry and sore probably from the pool water. The pool water was quite cold too, once in it was ok, could really do with being heated in April we feel. The pool near block 10 and 11 was very slippy when wet so be aware lots of children bumping heads when they run, but the pool guys do their best to keep it dry. The sun loungers were plentiful even though it was busy. If you slyly tip the pool guys they will put towels down and reserve you a spot the next day. Be aware though that some people do take your towels and you will be charged 15 euros for each towel card not handed in at the end of your stay!
Other useful info...
1. Take Mosquito spray and plug ins. We were bitten on the first few nights and there were quite a few people with nasty bites.
2. There is free wifi in reception, but it is very slow especially when in big demand at meal times when people are near reception.
3. The beach is a short drive away in a free shuttle bus, a short walk through Sea club aqua park sister hotel leads to a beach with a park area and snack bar. sun loungers can be used however take your towels from Sea club Aqua as these are not supplied at this hotel. The bus back is every half and hour and leaves promptly, we missed it and had to wait another half an hour.
4. You can get harassed by people trying to sell you stuff around the pool, trips etc, but they were all pretty good at leaving you alone. We did book a glass bottom boat trip which was worth it. I also booked a pedicure with the unforgettable Matrix. He was a great laugh will miss our daily catch ups.
5. there are also a few shops on site, The strangest and obviously not real ASDA on site sold basics you might need.
All in all we would go back again the weather hot and only an hour time difference from the uk so the kids don't suffer with time change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charmillion Club Aqua park Family resort with 302 units (standard , family rooms & family Suites). 24Hrs All inclusive. Main Restaurant buffet breakfast lunch & dinner. Indian Restaurant serving lunch and dinner. Italian set menu restaurant serving dinner. Fish & chips corner and burger, hot dog, pizza from 13:00 - 16:00. 3 Different bars & Disco. Spa and GYM, tennis court, Amphitheater and kids club. Shuttle bus to the beach during the day every 30 minutes . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay