“Will not be returning....EVER”

Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Will not be returning....EVER”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice rooms, comfy beds. Some wonderful staff, and some not so much! Both bars were continually running out of beer and coke . One day, they had run out of coke, diet coke, and beer. We were offered tonic water! I bought my own coke from the shop daily as diet coke is from a bottle, but regular coke is "cola" cheap rubbish from a pump which tastes of cleaning fluid....Lifeguards should be called pool attendants as their basic first aid sucks! They lifted an unconscious boy up off of the ground where he had fallen from a water-slide! Big no no..... A wardrobe door fell off onto my daughters head, luckily she had her hair wrapped in a towel after just showering, otherwise I think I would have been visiting the doctor.....only apology was from the room cleaner, even though we had phoned reception 3 times....food boring, and kids corner very very few options available. Please watch young children as when lifting tray lids in main dining hall, the steam that comes out could burn them. In the whole hotel, we found ONE hand sanitiser on the way OUT off the dining hall! There wasn't even any in the toilets! Pool toilets were not great, sometimes covered in feces! 6 out of 11 of us had very bad stomaches, on site pharmacy will help, but costs around £20. SAMs shop just left off the main dining hall will help with SIM cards as receptions wifi is horrendous, just make sure your phone is unlocked to any network as the tend to be vodaphone sims. He is a lovely guy, and will help all he can... Do yourself a favour and buy a can of "off" from him... He is only 35 EGP, this is a fantastic mosquito repellent. Well worth the money, as I was bitten very badly 5 times, but others up to 30 odd times. Just spray it all over morning and before going out in the evening. Don't be fooled by Asda , it's not a real one lol...had feces in children's pool on 3 occasions!!!!!!! evening singers at the main(pfft) bar are hilarious... It's like going to an Egyptian karaoke , out of tune, key, and reading the words from a laptop! Evening shows are in the very small amphitheatre, not big enough for this size hotel.....animation team are fantastic, special thanks to Bob and Nino, and all the team, they are great fun, work very very hard, and very long hours. They encourage you to join in, but do not pester...Pool wars on a Monday between 3pm and 5 pm , brilliant fun, it's just one massive water fight.... Pool and bar waiter " Foxy" is a lovely guy who will look after you, and Mahmoud in the dining hall is also a delightful waiter. We visited the Italian restaurant, found waiters rude and obnoxious, as if we were an inconvenience. One waiter kept serving 2 of our party with beer... They were 14 and 15!! Not acceptable! We had a nice holiday, but will certainly NOT be returning.... I would rather pay the extra money and revisit "Limak Limra" in Turkey, where they have everything spot on.....I suggest Seaclub management visit and take some tips.......

Room Tip: Family rooms and family suites are very nice. All beds were soooooo comfortable...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank l_lewis09
M A, Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
First, Would like to thank you for staying with us and for your time spent to write your comments which will surely direct us to a better service & performance .And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team & the water war . Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person " Bob, Nimo, Foxy the waiter, Mahmoud at the dinning room ". They do appreciate mentioning their names and they consider it as the biggest motivation for them. All your comments are taken positively in order to improve those points. we have taken your notes as guidelines to reach a higher level of guest satisfaction. As for your advise for us to visit "Limak Limra" in Turkey kindly note that I have just added it to the top of my traveling list and definitely it will be my next vacation destination .
I assure you that we will save no efforts to maximize our guests satisfaction and our level of services .
I appreciate the time you took to formally reflect on your experience with our property in South Sinai, Egypt. Once again, thank you for your helpful feedback about the Resort. We hope that you will consider Sea Club Aqua Park in the future for your family vacation.
Kind regards from all the team members to you and your respected family . Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Sidcup
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent 10days here last month with my friend and it was just what the doctor ordered! Lovely and relaxing. There were only a few things I would moan about but these seem tiny in the grand scheme of things.
Staff: Excellent always polite and can't do enough for you.
Animation Team: I am sure if you had children they are amazing but they drove us insane! They are clearly doing all they can to entertain everyone, however I feel it would be better if they focused on targeting one age group, instead of everyone. There was also very inappropriate behaviour during a family game of bingo when jokes were made about '69' and there was children around, I found this very uncomfortable.
Cleaning: Five star
Food: Amazing choice, you will not go hungry. The food hall itself needs some more organisation. You definitely need to be able to hold your own in there too as other guest that were there are roofless, pushing you, trying to take spoon out of your hand while your still serving yourself. One thing I would like to know is what actually happens with all the wasted food? My friend and I actually witnessed a women take a whole cake off the desert counter, take it to her table, stick a fork in it, ate one piece and then left the rest!!!! People were like animals, there was no limitations on how many times you go up, so I don't understand why people fill their plate sky high and then leave it. The amount of wasted food we see was shameful. (I understand this is nothing to do with the hotel)
There is plenty of variety and as well as the buffet area, there are also fresh counters where chef serve you fresh food.
Aqua Park: Lifeguards are brilliant and safety was brilliant.
Excursions: We only did quad biking in dessert and this was AMAZING is a complete must, views and experience is just brilliant.
Taxi Service: We used the hotel taxi service twice and they were brilliant, the 1st time they dropped us into Soho Square, he walked us straight to the entrance and showed us where to go, he was there at the agreed meeting time waiting for us. Price was completely reasonable.

All in all this was a fantastic holiday and would 100% go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank roseselena
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation.I am writing to formally thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park Sharm El Sheikh. We strongly value guest feedback and use it to improve future services.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Upon arrival 1st thoughts this is not a 5star hotel. We were right 2/3star maximum.
Food terrible and my wife,son and I all had upset stomachs at various times durning our week stay.
We ate out most nights at Hard Rock Cafe in las trada. Good clean food nice staff lovely place. Tip keep your receipt for 20% off next vist.
Staff we're rude, unhelpful and unprofessional. Small reception with rubbish wifi not 5star experience.
Bar drinks horrible full of sugar for kids drinks and adults cheapest alcohol available to them. We went to asda supermarket on the side of hotel and bought our own to drink at there bar.
The main reason we booked was the water park for our son to enjoy. But WOW we all loved it good amout of sides and lazy river plus wave pool we all used as a family. This made it all bearable although could have done with a good clean and lik of paint.
Finally the room we picked the family sweet with 2 bedrooms and 2balconys. The room was lovely good size bedrooms and bathroom clean and good air con which was needed as 40degrees puls.
Watch the taxis booked from by reception they cost more and if you arrange for a pick up they tend to leave you with one of there friends shop in Nama bay and pick you up after 10/20 mins so their friend can sell you junk. Catch a taxi there and jump in cab on the way back there are lots.

Room Tip: Pay extra for double family room facing pool or else your balcony will be facing wast ground or airp...
7 Thank darren w
M A, Manager at Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I wanted to take the time to respond back to your review as I was particularly delighted to see that you were very pleased and satisfied with our Rooms and its facilities as well as the aqua park games and slides .

However I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize about the inconvenience caused and we try very hard to make sure that this detail is taken care of. We have a special list for the cocktails of the kids available in all our bars which are demanded and loved by all the kids in the hotel . I do thank you for highlighting the matter as I believe the more feedback we get from our guests the better service we can provide . We all regret that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and we are all looking for a second visit which will be a second chance for us to prove that we save no efforts to increase the level of our guests satisfaction . We hope that you will consider Sea Club Aqua Park in the future for your family vacation .
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Best holiday ever, there was always something happening the animation team always had you busy. Honestly they are all so so nice and act like your family, constantly having a laugh with everyone, keeping everyone smiling! All of them speak to everyone especially toosha he's so nice, talks to everyone treats everyone amazing! They make it feel like home. I didn't want to leave, I highly recommend it but the animation team made it for me!

2 Thank Megan T
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team .
I have delivered in person your comments about them and about Toosha .
All our animation team do appreciated your positive comments and we are looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park .

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a brilliant family holiday here however a couple of disappointments. The rooms are lovely, very clean, modern, the towel art was great. The food was average but you could always find something to eat, we ate in the Italian restaurant one night and the staff were shockingly rude, they got all of our orders wrong and the children's menu wrong, the manager was then called over and was very rude. The Indian restaurant was a buffet and it was just average. The life guards were great and always made our days fun we was never bored, sayed and karem were lovely guys and a credit to this hotel. The animation team was good however we saw the same show twice so it would have been nice to see a different show. The restaurant staff did an excellent job and worked very hard and a special thanks to ibraham who was outstanding at his job. The staff serving food at the aqua bar was very unfriendly and let the hotel down. Thank you for an amazing holiday and if you could sort out the few issues/staff this could be number 1 in nabq bay.

2 Thank Emzzyx
Dear Valued Guest,
First, Would like to thank you for staying with us and for your time spent to write your comments which will surely direct us to a better service & performance . All your comments are taken positively and a serious action has been taken in order to improve those points and insure that it will never be repeated .
Was delighted to know that you liked our rooms facilities & cleanliness, the service of the life guards especially Sayed & Karim . I have passed your positive comments to them in person as well as Ibrahem at the main restaurant . Your positive comments about the Animation team have been forwarded to them which was a great motivation for them too .
I have shared the review personally with the entire team. Perhaps more importantly, we appreciate the feedback on the problem you unfortunately encountered at our Italian Restaurant and kindly accept our apology for any inconvenience that might has been occurred. We have taken a detailed monitoring for the process of taking the orders and retrained all the team on it to ensure a higher level of service . Animation team they changed in their program any duplicated shows within 14 nights .
Essex
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The staff including life guards, waiters, cleaners and all other people that work there are so friendly. Always make you feel welcome, always greet you in the mornings and evenings. Don't agg you. Always happy and talkative. Very helpful. Caters more for families with teenage and young children. Would highly recommend this hotel and have a long stay!

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Neldie88
Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. I am delighted to see that you were generally pleased and satisfied with our facilities and services and have, indeed, thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us once more. The entire team and myself are always sincerely delighted to know that we have managed to meet the expectations of our guests and are always more than happy to be welcoming you and so many loyal guests back to the Resort.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the soonest .
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are looking for first class accommodation, fine wining and dining, relaxation for parents, entertainment for the family then this hotel is for you. My family booked for two weeks and ended up staying for nearly a month! We are frequent travellers to Sharm and like staying in 5 stars and although we cannot fault any stays we have to admit there was always something missing on our tick list except for this hotel which had all the list complete. Fantactic and well done, we could fault anything and, of course we will return.

Room Tip: For families :Family room with pool view or garden room for senior and couples.
1 Thank Christine Z
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
Concorde El Salam Front Hotel
#63 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Manag...
#94 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Club Aqua Park & Spa? Share your experiences!