“white elephant at the ram”

White Elephant Thai Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Nabq Bay
Price range: US$19 - US$64
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
burnley
“white elephant at the ram”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

we were given a free meal at the sushi bar at the ram and it was very nice indeed with the chef preparing the meal in front of you with the flames flying everywhere. And the beer is very good which is all served with a smile by the waiters, To your table in all a very nice experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank johnlburnley

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“Wished we had experienced it sooner.”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Royal Albatros Moderna for two weeks over Christmas and New Year on an all inclusive basis. We decided to go to the White Elephant on our final night to experience what we hoped was some delicious food. There were only two other tables occupied. Smoking is allowed in the bar area, and where we were seated the smoke invaded our space. I asked if we could move, the waiter said our preferred location was reserved, but said he would ask the people in the bar to move. Rather than cause an unnecessary scene, we instead relocated to another table.

It soon become apparent that the other table wasn't actually reserved, so was somewhat miffed why we couldn't be seated there. However, this little oddity did not deter.

My husband ordered Chicken Spring Rolls, I ordered Chicken Satay as our chosen starters. Both were nicely presented and the taste was delicious. We questioned whether the starters were as nice as they were or whether it was because the food at RAM was so bland. However, when our mains arrived - Thai Green Chicken Curry the taste sensation continued. A lovely balance of flavours complemented well with the additional Vegetable Glass Noodles and an abundance of Chicken breast.

Some people complain that this restaurant is expensive, however if you are staying at RAM you have an immediate 25% off your bill, and providing you drink unbranded (non menu listed beverages) it is a fair price. 56 euros was our bill and we enjoyed 3 bottles of Stella foc as part of our all-inclusive.

It's a shame this restaurant is under utilised, the standard of food is very good and the environment tasteful.

Our only disappointment is we didn't visit more often and get the opportunity to explore some of the other dishes. Should we return to RAM we will definitely return to White Elephant.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank SoulfulMinx
Laoag, Philippines
“over priced, greasy and over rated asian food”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This is a re-write to an earlier review I did in November, but unfortunately disappeared from the web side.
I visited the restaurant in late November as some of my colleagues was telling me about the restaurant in Nabq.
I went as a single guest, the first encounter was with security guard at the entrance of the hotel, didn't wanted to let me go in without reservation and without my passport which I did no carry as I am a resident in Sharm. After endless time waiting outside the gate and some phone calls by the guard I was finally let in and taken by the security guards to the main lobby, the restaurant manager was waiting for me to take me to the restaurant.
The restaurant looked quite authentic thai with lots of dark wood, the light looked quite romantic, table setting was nice
The first surprise was when looking at the menu that all dishes marked in euros and for Asian food quite pricy, so I expected a lot,
to my amazement Sushi was not available as the chef told me as it was all taken so I settled for chicken soup with coconut soup, which did not match my expectation as it was watery, full of woody ginger, not fresh and was in general quite tasteless For the main dish I choose the pepper beef and vegetable fried rice, presentation was good, no chop sticks offered!!
the rice was totally greasy and was missing any Asian touch other then soy sauce, the peppered beef came as a small portion for around 18 euros and the rice I think another 9 euros. As I was not satisfied with the meal so far I gave the dessert a miss the waiter offered 25% discount after I was not happy with the meal even with the discount the total bill ended up to 45 euros, money not well spend and poor advise on a restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
scotland
“Poorly thought out dress code! Can go straight from gym or wearing wet suit but smart long shorts and shirt NOT allowed.”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times always been allowed in, however tonight my hubby n I tried to go in as paying guests for a nice meal, hubby wearing long dress shorts, shirt and both very smart REFUSED entry due to shorts!!!! There were only handfull of people in wouldn't think they could be that picky? Was told if hubby had TRACKIES we could go in? I was dressed up and would NOT be going out for dinner with my hubby in trackies! So it's ok to go straight from the gym then????? BLOODY JOKE YOUR LOSS white elephant had a great night in hard rock cafe instead. Please tell me why you would expect people who are not used to the heat to wear BLOODY LONG TROUSERS, JEANS ETC in this hot country??????

4 Thank wendyb69
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“tops”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

not my type of food but i did try it and found it good i will try it this year when we go back to this hotel we have booked to go back this year in march hope it is as good as last yearfab hotel and staff are tops all the staff at this hotel make you ffell at home they help you all the time

• Visited February 2013