I spent a week on my own at this hotel in the begining half of January. This hotel is a very large complex and I found it to be very impersonal lacking that personal touch I have experience at other hotels. I would rate this hotel as a very good 3 star not the 4 star it is.
The hotel complex and the rooms are kept clean and tidy throughout. Although I thought the rooms were a little dated they were still comfortable and spacious. There was plenty of room to hang your clothes. There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The bathrooms were large with a shower over the bath and also a hairdrier.
There are four pools within the hotel. I would recommend the relaxation pool as you were imune to all the entertainment staff, spa staff floging manicures and massages and the hideous music piped out elswhere around the hotel.
The beach is good there is a bar serving drinks and snacks down there.
The hotel had many resturants cattering for most tastes, most were buffet servis. Tere is an al a carte resturant but this is sunject to a fee and I did not sample this while I was there. It was not always easy to find somewhere to sit as I was on my own. I would recommend the italian and oriental resturants.
The bar within the lobby looked very tired and dated, the drinks were ok but you need to get used to queueing to get served, it wasn't waiter service and again if your alone its not always easy to find a seat.
I wasn't overly impressed with Nabq as a resort, it consists of maily hotels, tacky shops and with the odd western eatery ie McDonalds etc. If you do venture out be prepared to be hastled by egyptian men trying to get you into their shops. Don't as you wil be required to by something before you can leave. Be polite but firm they do understand "NO" but "LA SHOCKRA" is egptian for no thankyou.
By far the worst thing about this hotel and any hotel in Eygpt (I've been to a few!) are the russian tourists! They are quite possibly the rudest people you could ever meet! And they don't understand the concept of queueing and they take all inclusive to new levels with the amount of food they pile on their plates which if they consumed it all would be alright however most of it went to waste.
Would I go back to this hotel? No I would go back to the Concorde el salam front in sharks bay this is a wounderful 4 star hotel with that personal touch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay