We arrived in Sharm El Sheikh with no hassle getting through the airport. We didn't get a visa as we knew we weren't going to leave the hotel for the 2 weeks we were there, but if you needed one it is very easy to obtain and only £13. We organised a private transfer to our hotel, I would highly recommend this because you don't have to stop at every hotel in Sharm dropping people off. Next time we go I will probably just get a taxi as there are loads available outside the airport and you can haggle it down to good price.
We checked into the hotel and pleasantly greeted by the hotel reception staff. Our bags were taken to our room by the concierge. We were in room 1433, it was a lovely big room with a massive super size bed. The room was a little dated but was kept very clean. The only downside to the room was the view from the balcony of unfinished construction works. This didn't really bother us as we only in the room to sleep. We were told by people we met around the hotel that we could have moved rooms to a pool view if we asked at reception. But to be honest we didn't, as we could not be bothered to pack up our stuff and move so we stayed put. There is a tv in the room that has a range of channels, there are a few movie channels all shown in English, but most of all they had a sports channel dedicated to the Premier League so I could watch my beloved Swansea City.
We located ourselves by the Active Pool for the 2 weeks we were there. We kept the same beds every day. If you speak to the lifeguards or the guys with Recreation team around the pool they will put down the towels on your lounger every morning, for a small tip. The kids pool is fantastic, loads of different slides, the aqua park is great fun too.
There is a good choice of restaurants, something to suit everybody, our personal favourite was L'asiatique, which served tasty Chinese and Indian dishes. Breakfast for us was in the Italian restaurant where they served delicious croissants, omelettes and a cup of tea just like back at home ! At lunch time we would head to the Beach Bar for freshly cooked calamari, mackerel, seabass and octopus which ever was being cooked that day.
The beer is great, that is all we really drank, occasionally we would have a few cocktails, which are very nice. The Active Pool had its own bar where we were looked after by the outstanding " Amir Refat "Our glasses were never empty, he was always very polite and extremely professional, a credit to this resort. If you have the pleasure of meeting Amir he will make your feel very welcome and he adds that little extra something special to your holiday.
After peeling ourselves off the sun loungers, we would go for a beer at the Terrace Cafe, it's a very nice place to sit and chill out before your evening meal. At the Terrace Cafe we were always looked after by " Raed " once again another extremely polite and welcoming person, he would do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.
After our evening meal we would sit outside on the balcony of the Lounge Bar, on the extremely comfortable seats. This is where we were met by " Metwaley Elkadey " a genuinely nice person. Who yet again could not do enough to make our stay pleasurable. There was a singing trio most evenings either at the Terrace Cafe or at the Lounge Bar. The main entertainment was shown down at the beach bar, something different every night, with a kids disco before the main entertainment. Get there early to guarantee a seat.
The Columbus Coffee Bar is very nice touch to the hotel, where you can experience a wide range of coffees, teas and cakes.
There is a cash machine located near the Lounge Bar, where you can withdraw cash with your bank card or put your Sterling into the machine and it will exchange it for Egyptian Pounds. You are better off changing your cash here as it gives a better rate than any exchange in the Uk. It was around 9.77 Egyptian Pounds to £1.
We will definitely be returning to this resort next year!
Just want to say a huge thank you to the staff we met while at the resort but a special thank you to Amir Refat, Metwaley Elkadey and Raed. The number one bar men !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay