I stayed with my partner, along with her 13 year old and my 17 year old, son's, from 21st - 28th August 2013.
We benefitted from the fact that other Countries stopped flying to the resort, in that during the space of our week, the resort went from being around 75% to 50% full, as a maximum. Due to this, there was absolutely no problem in getting sun loungers, drinks, food etc.
2 Restaurants within the complex were shut down during the course of our week, but quite frankly, why not, and sadly for the workers, a lot were being sent home, to places like Cairo, due to the lack of holiday makers.
We saw no 'troubles' what-so-ever, and there were armoured vehicles and check points at every approach road to the Sharm area.
We all enjoyed facials within the Spa resorts facility, including the boys' 1st experience, and we all went back for another. My partner and I also enjoyed a foot spa, and 2 off full massages each, which were all at very reasonable prices, possibly due to the shortage of holiday makers.
I would thoroughly recommend the Sunai desert, quad bike adventure, which we all thoroughly enjoyed, along with the desert sunset.
I would consider returning to the resort again, but would be curious to see what the resort would be like when at normal/full capacity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay