“Gets bigger and better ....... all the time!”

Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
St Leonards on Sea
“Gets bigger and better ....... all the time!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

As ever, a truly wonderful break has just been enjoyed by my husband and I at the RAM. We have now lost count of how many times over the years we have gone back to this terrific hotel. We have been there twice so far this year and are already considering our next stay.

Because of my husband’s work we are lucky to be able to travel extensively and stay at holiday resorts and other hotels throughout the world. However, for a relaxing break with nice people, very good food and spotless rooms we keep returning to the RAM. The evidence of how good this hotel is must be the sheer volume of returning guests. At each holiday we take there we meet more and more people who are also there again. Over the years we have watched the children of families we now know growing up just as they are watching us growing older. The amenities were good in 2008 when we first went but each year since they have grown and improved to an even higher level. There are a half dozen large restaurants available with a very wide variety of food as well as outside chefs BBQ’ing or roasting joints of beef or lamb or a turkey or fresh fish. In the afternoons there are always pancakes and doughnuts on the terrace. On occasion we have ordered room service and I can highly recommend their food. There are a significant number of bars around the pools daily, at the beach and in the lobby – all of which offering local drinks and open from 10am daily.

Down by the jetty there is a huge stage/theatre complex with nightly shows, a large bar and Club Med for lunchtime dining – and new, immaculate toilets. The beach is glorious and has a jetty walking out to sea that is incredibly long and the sea-life can be seen from the deck – every might there are a number of divers around the bars showing the photos they each took which demonstrates to us non-divers the variety of sea life they encounter in the clear sea.

The huge Water Park is fantastic with exciting slides. There are huge double beds – all upholstered in white leather for lounging about with parasols so you can enjoy the sun or shade as the mood takes you. The Activity Pool is massive and there are always sunbeds available – singles in white leather and a newly built relaxing pool bar with staff always on hand with drinks. There is also a Heated Pool, Children’s Water Park / Pool and the Relaxation Pool is also enormous if you wish to avoid the poolside music and activities of the Activity Pool.

The hotel also has the very luxurious White Elephant Thai and Sushi Restaurant, which is not part of the all-inclusive package, offers imported beverages. This restaurant has very good food and the service and staff are very good. I recommend you visit this restaurant as it is well worth it.

There are 2 fabulous coffee bars – one on the reception level and one on the ground floor. Both of these have large screen TV’s and crowds always gather for football games. Sharkey is the manager in the large coffee bar and he is a very hands on man. He is always working the crowds, talking to people taking a real interest in them. He has an outgoing personality which draws people in and he is by far the best at what he does. The very best iced cappuccino is which Ahmed in the downstairs coffee bar and it is to die for.
The Irish Pub is located on the ground floor and is open from 7pm to 02:00 am and a place where you can sing kakoke, just chill with your friends or be entertained.

In my opinion the hotel has now hit the jackpot with their Animation Team and also a professional dance team. Programs are on every might at the Beach Bar and the kids disco and games are very good as parents are invited to join them should the kids not want to go it alone. Two lads, Anes and Chicka are by far the nicest lads you could ever wish to meet. They are very involved in the day to day entertainment and they are very good and attentive not just to the kids but the guests around the pools every day. The highlight of my day was always seeing them come on duty and 10am and their visits to me for a chat. Chicka usually does the morning water aerobics in the activity pool and there are always crowds of guests taking part. Anes is with the water polo and water volleyball and screams of laughter can be heard every day. There guys have no issues in making faces and dancing silly songs – the put their all in to make it entertaining and they are a joy to watch. Their Team Leader is Adel and he is so laidback and relaxed but very much a hands on man making sure that although it is fun and laughter all day, that there is always something going on for the entertainment of the guests. Recently Chicka took a few days off due to illness and Adel took over the water aerobics and what fun that was to watch! It was no more exercise but more a good laugh to start your day! Absolute fun to watch and even better to take part!

At Easter there was entertaining going on about the pool daily – with visits from Mickey Mouse, Shrek, Donkey and others there was something for the kids to do all day long. The Whirlish Danvers – or Twirly Wurley people as I call them – came to the hotel a few times and played music while walking amongst the guests celebrating Easter. Food also had the Easter theme and a huge Easter Egg table was set up and eggs baked into bread to make it colourful.

Nightly, apart from the Animation Team and the Dance Troupe entertaining the quests, there is also Shantan Pillay – a native South African – with a huge range of music to sing and entertain you. He is a star on the stage as he not just sings but also entertains you and what a joy to watch! Recently a lady from Cuba who sings and plays the guitar also joined the entertainment team and she too has a beautiful singing voice and she plays soothing Cuban music.

With sunshine 365 days a year, clean rooms, good food & service, excellent pools and lovely staff – which is why we and hundreds of others keep going back. Over the years we have stayed in numerous hotels in Sharm as well as Taba and mainland Egypt including several Nile Cruises. My husband has been visiting Egypt since the mid-1970’s – the Royal Albatros Moderna is by far the best holiday hotel & resort we have found. From stepping into the reception entrance on arrival to leaving for home, this hotel is an experience! The staff at reception, with Mr Ragab the Reception Manager and Mr Attia the Front Office Manager and all their staff are always happy to make your arrival, day to day queries and again your departure a nice smooth and pleasurable one.

I have uploaded photos of our trip – this will show the absolute beauty of this hotel and the fun had by all!

This hotel is my home from home and I am always delighted to be going back.

1 Thank HelenaMurphy
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Helena,

It’s wonderful to read your description of the hotel and know that you have followed us over the years and seen the changes and improvements that we have managed to make and you have watched us grow in popularity during this time..

Thank you so much for this fantastic review and we look forward to welcoming you home soon.

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,569)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have just returned from the most amazing holiday as a family (TWO WEEKS) we have had. The room was prefect for are family my son's enjoyed the bunk beds ,the room was always clean and we had towel art every day . The food was all we wanted and more loads of choice and never felt that we couldn't find any thing to eat and even more so the fresh Egyptian bread is a must the fresh roast chicken was a must. The staff bent over backwards to make are holiday wonderful .I would say give a tip at the start of your holiday no much more than a few quid and the staff will rush to get you anything you ask for . We had a few treatments in the Spa AMAZING just a small tip MAKE SURE you never pay the price they start with I got are treatment's down by over half every time so BARTER . The pools and water park made are holiday and as a family we enjoyed the Yellow water slide in the big rubber ring. So to sum up the Hotel is AMAZING so book up and ENJOY. ONE BAD THING RUSSIANS.

1 Thank Brian P
Dear Brian,

That’s one of the best titles we have ever had too, so thanks for the review and the lovely comments. I’m so pleased your family all had a great time and your children enjoyed the water slides. We look forward to you all coming back ASAP.

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This is my 4th time at this hotel,and going back again this year.mahoud attia and samir eldeeb,worked very hard at the relaxation pool.they always smiling, and nothing was any bother. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank collette D
Dear Collette,

Thanks for the great review and I’m delighted that your 4th time was just as good as the others. We look forward to seeing you again for a little more pampering.

Wales
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I do not normally get around to making comments on hotels I go to but felt I had to this time. I completely understand why there are so many repeat customers.

7 of us went for my mum's 75th birthday (75 year old, 2 in their 40s and 4 kids aged 6,9,10 and 15). If you are looking at an all singing and dancing kids club and activities where you just drop your kids off and don't see them for the rest of the day then it may not be for you. But if you want a traditional friendly family orientated hotel spending time with your kids with the option of a friendly low key kids club then its perfect. On the way from the airport our rep said this was one of the friendliest hotels in the area and I would completely agree. The whole atmosphere is family friendly and I would like to congratulate the management team for making that possible you cannot force staff to be happy.

I contacted the hotel prior to our visit and their prompt replies and help were excellent. The rooms we had were perfect and I would like to thank the hotel so much for these rooms, it made our stay even more wonderful. We stayed on the first floor right by the kids pool and we managed to get 3 rooms right by each other. I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel where everyone is so friendly especially if you have children. From the luggage staff carrying our suitcases to the rooms, all the restaurant staff, the bar staff, the entertainment staff etc. Every member of staff we bumped in to spoke to us, smiled and played with the kids. There was a bit of building work going on when we were there and even the workmen were friendly. I cannot believe how quick they worked when we arrived flat floor next to pool bar, by the time we left after one week a completely new active pool bar appeared, quick work. Even though there was work going on most of the work was done in the dark not to cause disruption for the guests.

However the friendliest staff member we had was our housekeeper. My son adored him he always spoke to all of us and was friendly and chatty and made us wonderful towel animals my son couldn't wait to go back to his room to see what he had each day.

Even the spa staff were friendly. Yes they do keep coming around to you to ask if you want a massage, go on a trip etc. But if you say no they just go away. To begin with we did say no however a few days later we decided to have a massage. 3 of us had a body massage, foot and head massage for around £20 each, Was fab.

Talking about housekeeping other than the building work going on everywhere was immaculate constantly being cleaned.

Wow what a huge hotel. The great thing about it although it is huge because it is spread out in different areas it doesn't seem that big. You have the kids pool, then the active pool then take a walk to the quiet pool by the Italian Restaurant and then a walk to the aqua park. If you have children and want to use the kids pool then request a room near this pool or the active pool otherwise you could have quite a walk.

The kids pool was one of the best I have used. The pool was only knee deep for an adult all the way around so it was very safe for children. Usually I have to stand next to my son who is 6 just in case he goes into the deep part of the pool. Here was great because the kids pool with loads of slides was away from the main pool and for the first time ever I managed to sit on the sun lounger and watch from there. Even the 10 year old had fun playing here. Also there is a life guard on constant watch making sure the kids play safely. When we first arrived during Easter holiday we had the usual sun bed problem I woke up at 5.15 am just looked out of my window and noticed that most of the sun beds by the kids pool had already gone. This was promptly sorted out by the staff from then on any towels put down before 7am were taken away. The only downside of the kids pool was the slides were switched off at 4pm and we all had to get out at 5pm. When it is so hot in the day this was the best time to be in the kids pool it would have been great if it could have been open until 6pm like the active pool. However I do appreciate the work the life guards have to do to clear everything for the following day.

We also used the aqua park. Kids loved it enough slides to keep them busy. After the slides the kids loved the wonderful cakes served in the aqua bar and also on the walk back to the kids pool we stopped off for some fabulous icecream. 4pm was a real hit fresh doughnuts and pancakes.

If you have any special event birthday etc. when you are away or going away for a birthday please let the hotel reception know. We let the reception know (the room to the right behind reception) we also spoke to the staff in the Italian restaurant and they asked where we would like to sit. When we arrived for diner the table was fantastic they had put lots of flowers etc it looked gorgeous. The staff made a real fuss of us. You also get a birthday cake (a fabulous chocolate one) and all the staff come and sing happy birthday to the birthday girl. All these extra touches are what make a holiday special and this really made my mum's birthday.

The great thing about this hotel is although they have 6 different restaurants you can go and pick something to eat from any of them. The spit roast chicken outside the italian and egyptian in the night was fabulous. Also the freshly cooked croissants in the morning in the same place were fabulous.My kids are really fussy but the pizza, freshly cooked pasta and spit roast chicken worked a treat when they didn't want to try anything else out.

Lunch was great in the beach restaurant your usual pizza, chicken nuggets, fish, freshly cooked burger and hot dogs. Unfortunately the food and choice resulted in me putting on nearly half a stone in one week.

The restaurant staff were also friendly. On my 3rd day there when I was queuing for my omelet the cook just saw me and knew exactly what I wanted. There were times when we arrived for food at really busy times and some tables were not cleared in particular the outdoor seating. However the great thing about this hotel is the waiters had no problem in us getting our own cutlery from the cutlery draw and laying our own tables. Some of you might think we shouldn't have to do this on holiday. However I think as the hotel just feels like a big family and you can see how busy the staff are and it only takes us a few seconds to do it then you don't mind. If you arrive for diner just as the restaurant opens though every table is laid and looks fabulous.

Entertainment team worked really hard and they all tried to get us involved. Great entertainment venue in the evening and not too long a wait at the bar. Had great adult and kids cocktails.

Although the hotel is right at the end of the strip there are quite a few shops just to the left of the main entrance and it was really safe to go out there. There is also a small shop opposite reception which were competitively priced.

Would definately recommend to anyone in particular if you have young kids. My daughter already wants to go back next year. Keep up the great work Albatros Moderna.

Room Tip: 1st floor room over looking the kids pool room
Dear Family Jenkins,

It was a delight to host you on this occasion and I am so pleased that all the family had a wonderful time. I would like to think that we are, as the Rep said, one of the friendliest hotels in the area. The RAM is a family hotel and that’s probably what we do best as there is something for everyone here. Having said that, we’ve got lots for couples, groups and even solo travelers, so all are welcome.

Thanks for the “fab” review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Just returned from a two week stay at the Royal Albatros Moderna. What a fantastic hotel with great facilities. Just like previous guests have already stated the staff are superb, nothing is too much trouble for them. There are (I think) five or six restaurants serving a variety of foods which will satisfy even the fussiest of eaters, a special mention must go to Anna (serving pasta dishes in the Italian restaurant). She works so hard and always with a smile on her face. Can't praise the hotel or staff enough, I'm sure it won't be our last visit.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with two or more children it may be worth paying the little bit extra to have...
1 Thank harrier26
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

We’ll pass your kind words on to Anna and I’m sure she’ll be delighted to receive the recognition of a job well done. Of course she is supported by a great team who work tirelessly in the background to ensure you get the best service in Sharm.

Thank you for the “fantastic’ review and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We are back 1 month ago from a fantastic holiday in Egypt, we stayed in RAM which is a great AI 5 star resort. The hotel has lots of activities within its territory so you don't have to go out - SPA, Diving Centre, Parasailing, Aqua Park, Shisha place etc. We only went out for a boat trip, dolphin show and Hard Rock Cafe which is at 10min walking distance. The animation team does really take care of you and your kids whole day long from 10AM till late evening
Special thanks to Ahmed, from Jazz coffee bar, who was very welcome to us and made great coffee
We are looking forward to go there again next year

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kenes N
Dear Kenes,

Thank you for the great review and the mentions for the various staff who helped to make your holiday such a success. I’m delighted that you and all the family had a wonderful holiday – good enough to book for next year.

We are looking forward to it.

Newcastle under Lyme
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Spent 11 nights at this hotel, was excellent, had no problems at all, very clean hotel and brilliant staff, especially the reps who did the water pole (which we dominated at). Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Ben,

Thanks for the short-but-sweet recommendation. I’m sure you meant water-polo but that’s auto-correct for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#2 of 31 in Nabq Bay

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!