Had a 11 day break with my partner leaving the UK on Easter Monday. Check in was ok and became a bit of a rush due to the fact that the restaurants closed at 9pm and we checked in at 8.45pm. Our room was furthest away from the main building nearer to the beach, but was spotless with a Queen size bed. Towel art was done only on the day after we tipped. Food was good and plentiful considering the size of the complex, and staff were always hardworking and prompt in cleaning tables away. It does take a couple of days to get used to the layout of the restaurants and most people have their favourites. Wifi was available in reception area but it doesn't create the best 'first impressions' on arrival when you see people complaining, walking around reception area trying to obtain a signal to face time home. This was mainly between 6-8pm when people were going for, or already had there evening meal. During the day it was fine when less people using it. We spent our first day by the relaxation pool which was fine but busy due to the fact most families were just finishing their Easter holidays. On the second day we decided to go by the activity pool. This was a nightmare. No problem with the noise, kids running around, animation team who were very friendly and polite........ The nightmare was the continuous pestering from the reps for the spa and the diving school. It was literally every 10 minutes for the whole day. It's irrelevant if you have a red flag from reception as they choose to ignore this. I didn't need to be told I needed a shave, or have moisturiser rubbed into my hand whilst chilling in the sun. It really was annoying and everyone around us was feeling the same way. Lots of complaints going into the management, but nothing done about it. We then spent the rest of our holiday by the relaxation pool with no hassle at all. The split was 70% Russian 30% British. The vast amount of Russian people there were rude, ignorant and talk to the staff in a very disrespectful way. No need for it, so ended up biting my lip more than I wanted to! Overall it was an enjoyable holiday, but feel the management need to address the following issues sooner rather than later........
1) Stop the continuous pestering by the spa staff and diving school staff. People are on holiday for a reason and I'm sure being harassed all day long isn't wanted by most!
2) Stop people walking through and having sit down meals just wearing speedos! It's not very hygienic and not nice smelling someone's body odour whilst eating your lunch!
This may sound a critical review, but I have tried to be honest and tell it as it is. It's certainly not a 5* hotel, but it's clean and the staff that wait on tables, serve drinks and the chefs are all incredibly hardworking and deserve praise for what they do.
Would we return? Probably not to this hotel but would go back to Sharm again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay