“First time in sharm ”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Inverness, United Kingdom
“First time in sharm ”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I will admit I was quite dubious about staying here after reading previous reviews but have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my time here, the food can get a bit samesy but as everything is buffet, that is inevitable, staff are very friendly. The Spa staff I found to be very pushy and even using the red flag system they will still annoy you. The Jetty lets the place down as it really is not safe and could do with being replaced, that said the snorkelling off end of jetty is very good. The rooms are very comfortable and the air con is a god send.one thing I will say is about the Russian guests, very rude and do not say please or thank you and do not believe in queuing, also do not even bother with the free internet as the reception is more like a crèche with the kids just dumped at reception to play on internet so most people have no hope of getting connected. Overall this hotel is very good and value for money but do not think it is a 5 star hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

As this was your first time in Sharm I would suggest that you take a look at the other hotels of a similar price to the RAM and you will notice a huge difference in quality. Quality of food, quality of entertainment, quality of rooms and quality of service. The RAM outstrips them all and you won’t find a better hotel at the price.

So thank you for the nice comments and if you do feel tempted to go to another hotel, check them out first.

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,569)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We visited this hotel in March. On arrival we were greeted by efficient staff who spoke very good English. We were taken to our rooms and we had a high floor as requested. My cousin and I had a family room for the 2 of us and our friends were just a few doors away overlooking the quiet pool. We spent most days on the beach or by this pool.

The hotel facilities are excellent. We took advantage of most of them during our stay. We especially enjoyed the beach bar for lunch and as everyone says the fish n chips were great. Evening meals could be a bit hectic but choose a table then go for a wander to decide what to have. It is nice to get a good selection and not to have to queue early in the morning to get to eat in the specialty restaurants.

The coffee shop and the coffee served at dinner was very good and the quality of drinks and mixers were excellent. Schwepps on my gin, lovely.

My friends, late 50`s, enjoyed the water park and for younger children the kids pool is great.
There is a film most evenings for children too and they are well catered for.

The pontoon and snorkelling were very good and the beach and sinners are looked after very well. We even had beach bar staff getting drinks for us making us even lazier.

I go on 3 holidays a year and this is the first time that I am returning to a hotel as we all enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. It just depends on where you like to be located.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jan R
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Jan,

When we read that reviewers don't go to hotels a second time but they will make an exception for the RAM, it is music to our ears. Thank you so much for these lovely sentiments and for choosing the RAM.

See you soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel after a 1 week stay.Firstly, I'll point out some of the negatives. When leaving the hotel we were expecting to get a curtsey room to have a shower before we left the hotel as this has always happened before in every hotel we have stayed in however we were told use the spa. We arrived at the spa to be told we needed to go back to reception to get towels. When going back to reception I was made to wait 25 minutes for 3 towels! The reception staff could only give me 2 so I left and couldn't wait any longer as we didn't want to be rushing when leaving the hotel. The room we had to change in in the spa was small with only 2 showers and 2 toilets which the spa staff,spa customers and anyone departing the hotel had to share. It was very cramped and busy with little privacy something we didn't except from a 5 star hotel. I was forced change in the toilet as there was no changing rooms with people banging on the door waiting to use the 2 toilets! On asking lisa Williams if there was any room at all in the hotel we could use to change in, I was told no the hotels fully booked, try and go back down to the spa later which by this time we were due to leave the hotel! I felt it was more what they can't do as oppose to more what they can do. I feel the hotel really needs to address this as we had such a great holiday but sadly felt let down at the end.

The positives were there was a great choice of food something for everyone,the pools were great and very clean, our room was ok we were told it had been refurbished however it looked a bit worn as I don't feel like is was a refurbished room cracks in walls, fingermarks and scratches over furniture, paintwork been redone in places with different colour paint!

However I can say the main positive thing about this hotel is the staff. Most of them were friendly and polite. There was 1 member of staff that stood out Mamoud Attia who served drinks by the relaxation pool everyday and in the evenings worked in the children's desert area. Nothing was ever to much trouble for him,he always had a smile on his face and worked EXTREMELY hard always going that extra mile to ensure excellent service was given and we were well looked after by him. He is definitely an asset to the hotel, if only all the staff were like him as a few of the staff were miserable and not able to smile.

Overall we had a great holiday at this hotel apart from some of the negatives I have pointed out.Some aspects of the hotel not 5 star however the overall holiday was enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank nuttycrew
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review and although you had a wonderful holiday I can see how it would have been spoiled somewhat by the last day. We do have late check-out for repeat guests so to a degree if you were to return, some of that problem would resolve itself or you can pay for an even later check-out if there are rooms available (and we don't always have them available).

So let us know when you book and we'll see what we can do for you.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had our first experience of Royal Albatros last August 2013 and indeed to Sharm. We loved everything about this hotel. The food caters for everyone, including my fussy (at the time 12 year old). I love the fact that nothing is too much for every member of staff at this hotel. The cleaners do a fantastic job inside your room, the cooks are always ready to please and the reception staff are always friendly and curtious. The many pools at this hotel also cater for all needs. The small heated pool is a place if you want to just dip your toes read a book and chil in peace and quiet. The waterslide pool is great with many slides to choose from. Even I, Mrs scared of waterslides loved the big family slide. Then there is the bigger pool, where you can work out in, or swim in or play with the kids and have fun in. There is a snack bar on the beach and great entertainment on the beach of an evening. The spa is also a great place to visit. Nothing is too much for the staff at this hotel. We also went on a quad bike day out in the mountains, this was so much fun. Being able to walk a few feet and see hundreds of fish was just such an amazing experience. My family went further out and saw all sorts of amazing fish. They did this by just walking along the boardwalk and steps into the sea.

We had a family room with a double bed and bunk beds. The room was very large with a large dressing table and mirror. The room also had a wardrobe with hangers. Large shower room.

We had such an amazing time at this hotel, that we have decided to visit again in August. I know we will have a brilliant time and everyone will be able to have fun. My children are 16 and 13 now and I can confidentally say, that we will ALL have a great time as everyone's needs are met here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank leesana
Dear Guest,

I love the phrase "everyone's needs are met here" and thank you very much for all the nice words. If you enjoyed it here last August you're going to love it this August as we've made a lot of changes.

We look forward to it.

Stafford
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned from a 10 day stay at this hotel and had a lovely relaxing time. Having read one or two very negative reports (amongst a multitude of glowing ones) I can honestly say that these appear to be not in the slightest bit justified and can't believe the writers actually stayed in the same hotel!

The hotel is close to the airport, without being subjected to noise from overhead planes. Everywhere was spotless, with constant evidence of staff members cleaning and maintaining public areas. Our room was cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis, often with some creative towel art and flower petals left on the bed. Our room attendant was very friendly and, at our request, left extra bottles of water in the fridge each day for us.

Food was plentiful, fresh, tasty and constantly being replenished. I fail to see how anybody can say there was little choice or variety, and this is the only all inclusive hotel we have stayed at that has had some form of food available 24 hours a day. It was lovely having so many restaurants to choose from, resulting in there being plenty of space and never having to wait for a table. Staff members were always polite and mostly very friendly, although one or two were a little more serious.

Slight criticisms - 1). The cocktails were a little disappointing, often made up with very concentrated, syrupy "fruit juices". We found drinks such as gin and tonic more enjoyable. The beer was fine and the wine a lot better than expected (although the white wine was never chilled enough). 2). The free "standard speed" Wi Fi, was very disappointing - extremely difficult to get a connection in the evenings, and even in the mornings we could not access some websites etc. I appreciate the fact it was possible to pay for a faster connection, but most hotels now have an adequate complimentary Wi Fi facility. On the positive side, it did give me a break from work, but our teenagers were less than impressed! 3). The constant approaches from the Spa staff and Bright Sharks diving centre became quite annoying after the first couple of days, with them really not wanting to take no for an answer! Displaying the red flag provided by reception (I strongly advise you get one of these!) helped a lot, but some members of staff still approached us although, in fairness, they did apologise and leave us alone when we pointed the flag out.

These small niggles were not enough to marr the holiday and, overall, I would rate this as one of the best all inclusive hotels we have stayed in outside of the Caribbean.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the 500's and were perfect for us - near the beach and away from the noise of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank StaffordHolidayLover
Dear Guest,

I'm sorry that you had a few "niggles' but at least you enjoyed your holiday and didn't let this put you off So thank you for the review and I'm delighted that we are the best thing outside the Caribbean, but of course we aim to be even better than the Caribbean. Aim high, we always say.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rowley Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just returned from a 2-week stay at this resort. Firstly the rooms and hotel facilites were very clean with lots of variety. We were located at the relaxation pool which was perfect as you didnt recieve any hassle from sellers and there was always plenty of sunbeds and space available.
The only fault with our room is that the lighting was very dark and we had to draw the curtains to get ready as privacy is always an issue with ground floor rooms. There are 5 resteraunts available on an evening for food - the food was nice however it becomes repetitve after 2 weeks which is always the same with all inclusive hotels. Every evening there was an entertainment show at the beach bar again it was excellent but only provided a 1 week programme so it was repeated whilst we were there.
During our stay we had a treatment at the spa - it was incredibly proffessional, man massagers for men and women massagers for women which made us feel very comfortable. The only major negatives are as follows - all bars stop serving drinks at 12pm which is not a problem but when entertainment is on until 2am everyone was going up and getting several drinks to last them the night - the bar manager in the lounge bar was incredibly rude about us getting several drinks, even though we never left a single one - they continuously moaned and questioned us about it but when your in an all inclusive people should be aloud to order as many drinks as they require. Also the Russian guests have no manners towards other guests and members of staff - they never said please or thank you and pushed queues in resteruants all over the resort. This is the only aspect with ruined my holiday but overall the hotel facilities are excellent and all bar staff especially around the relaxation pool were amazing and worked very hard considering they are in the time of Ramadan. We would return to this hotel if those changes were made regarding entertainment and staff issues - also the weather was amazing.

Room Tip: relaxation rooms are much better and in a better location
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sadie l
Dear Sadie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this informative review and for choosing the RAM for your holiday. I've passed your comments on the relevant Heads of Department for their attention and they will take any action that is deemed necessary.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

brill holiday, wiil deffo be coming back next year, I was taken ill while there with asthma lady called lisa Williams who works at the hotel sat with me talking calmly for an hour and a half until I felt better, I can not thank this lady enough for everything she done for me.from then on the rest of the holiday she checked on me every day thank you from gary hughes room 448

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gary,

I'm so pleased you had a great time and that Lisa was on-hand =when you needed her.. I hope your asthma didn't spoil your holiday too much and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks for the lovely review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!