we stayed at this hotel in January 2009. When we arrived we were told that there were no rooms available for our first night, due to a flight being delayed by bad weather. We were ferried to what was supposed to be a superior, beautiful 5 star hotel approximately 30 minutes journey time away. So instead of our hotel backing on to the Red Sea we found ourselves staying at Acqua Park (sister hotel to the Albatros) which was an inland water theme park. The view out of the bedroom window was either, to the right, a huge dinosaur or to the left, massive water slides. The area was plagued by mosquitos. Not an enjoyable start to our holiday. We were transferred back to the Moderna Albatros the following day ,having lost almost a whole day. We were promised compensation by way of a free mini bar, robes, basket of fruit etc. Needless to say we received none of these. About 12 people arriving at the same time as ourselves were subjected to this treatment.
The hotel itself was OK, nothing special but reasonable value for the price paid. We stayed on an all inclusive basis.
Upon our return to the airport we met lots more people who had been unable to stay at the hotel of their choice for the first night.
This had nothing to do with delayed flights, purely a case of overbooking.
I would not recommend this hotel or Egypt to anyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay