we stayed at this hotel from 18th to 25th jan 2009.on arrival we was told that the german flight had been delayed and our room wont be ready until 9 am the next morning so was taken to there sister hotel about 15 minutes away [nubian island].when we got back to the royal albatros the next day and got our room with a sea view which you could only see if you put your head around the balcony and looked left it was 2 pm,we then got our room changed to one looking over the relaxation pool which was really nice and quiet apart from night time when the horrble rude russians made alot of noise.by the time we got our suitcases and un-packed it was nearly 5 so we lost a day of our holiday.NOW TO SOME GOOD POINTS. The whole place is very clean and the pools are always being checked and cleaned the beach is really lovely and the jetty is really good for snorkling,there is loads to eat and too much to choose from,loved the pasta station.the beach bar was good for lunch time,we tipped at the start of the week then midway though and at the end,sharky in the pool was great,he always greeted you and brought your drink to your table or sun bed,all the staff always had smiles on there faces even though they worked 16 hours aday for very little money.if your a smoker then dont buy your fags on the plane.you can get 200 bensons for £11.50 in the duty free shop at sharm airport.most of the english brands are fakes so be careful.i went to the super market which is about 5 minutes from the hotel and brought 600 cleopatra suerkings for £21.00.also there we brought our beach shoes for 20 egypt pounds back at the hotel they are 70.snorkle and goggles were 45 egypt pounds at the super market so its worth the walk.Cant wait for next year when we are going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay