“Best Holiday I've Had”

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday I've Had”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

my second time in this hotel and in Egypt and I must say its far superior to all the other many hotels I have been to. The best thing for me is the staff, from the reception staff, waiters, security, bar staff, cleaners and animation all are so welcoming and always have a smile on their face. none of them go past without saying hello or good morning.
the food is great, lots of different choices. I never had a bad meal the two weeks I was there.
animation team is really good as well. activities on throughout the day and shows in the evening.
hourly hotel bus to the beach where the hotel has its very own private area. I really cant pick fault the two weeks I had in june 2014

safe to say this hotel will be the next destination for my next holiday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Scott W
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for a wonderful title and review to express your experience at the Palmyra greetings from all the team looking forward to always welcome you as every time in second home Palmyra resort ,

Hassan Attia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I never feel the need to write a review before, but i've just got back in the early hours this morning.
We cannot fault the staff at all in this hotel! They are all very welcoming, friendly and make such an effort! Even though they have to run around like headless chickens!

Our stay was really enjoyable, until the last few nights were quite a few families and couples had the same issues as us, with a few other families who stole tables that people were already sit ting on for dinner! might not sound like an issue but when your starving, and there is not enough room in the restaurant ( can only really hold 100 people). And tempers did start to rise with this while we were there ( other people felt the same way too after getting talking to others!), especially when others have not mastered the art of queuing! After a week or so this does begin to grate on you.

You also get a lot of staff approaching you during the day trying to sell you things such as the spa, diving, newspapers and stuff. After a few days of saying no the message does get through. Once again the staff are friendly and do make a big effort with you!

The pool does get busy so you have to get out their quick - entertainment team are lovely too.

TAKE LOADS OF BUG/INSECT REPELLENT AND CREAMS!! honestly!! take as much as you can!!!!

Once again I never leave a review as I always feel you cannot please everybody, but then you won't know unless you stay at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emma L
Dear Guest

Thank you for witnessing what the team of Palmyra efforts, to make their guest the happiest ,
Let me start with the constructive point which is mosquito very concern to the hotel management
on the 23.07.2014 project will be done and will take max of 5 working days and also government noted because we not the only hotel have that concern , in addition we will advise our HK Members to spray rooms before leaving and also advise our guest in case of mosquito at night time to dial reception and ask for a spray to be left in room when guest leaving for dinner just spray and return for quite sleep, through your review we will advise our clients about the local vacations in Egypt from end of June till end of august lots of local families traveling , so glad to read your fair opinion and learn from your constructive comments , greetings from Palmyra team looking forward seeing you again at the Palmyra resort

such fair reviews gave us the chance to achieve or goals from the prospective of our guest and made the Palmyra resort achieved 86.5 % recommendation on 2013 and 92% update 2014
By TripAdvisor CSI Matrix

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just got back after family holiday in sharm, I must say the staff made the holiday as the hotel didn't. We arrived at the hotel to find it being very dated, in need of repairs and painting but never mind let's put that to one side for now. The room was ok but after waking up on first morning there was water all over floor near door, air con had leaked and run down the wall, poor maintenance. Went for breakfast to find the restaurant was like a school canteen but all the staff was very friendly to you exept the chef who didn't listen to how you wanted your eggs and just give you what you was getting, to be fair the food wasn't the best but I understand they try. Could do with more restaurants with different chooses, burger waves is ok but you can't eat burger everyday. Bar staff were great but could do with training of how to serve drinks in clean glasses. Animation momo ,karina and Rooney make it for you, they really do pull it together and keep your mind off the bad bits. It upsets you when you save up for so long to go on holiday and get so let down. Don't think we will be going back. You will be ok if your Russian or Polish lady's as the owner and management will give you a good time. Save your money and go somewhere else

2 Thank Richard P
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for submitting a review about your experience .regretfully it did not met your expectations ,thank you for mentioning some of our team for their efforts and be sure that your constructive comments and point of view will be taken into our contentious improvement process through our welling to cater all nationalities at the Palmyra resort , looking forward seeing you on another visit hopefully future changes can meet your expectations ,

milnrow,rochdale
Reviewed 13 July 2014

had a great time again, 2 weeks in june 2014, yes once again after many times at this hotel we had a good time. all the staff including Mr Gerges, Titto, Karina, Momo and all the rest just to may to say, they can not do enough for you to make you holiday a time to remember. you must remember the hotel is a 4* so yes you are going to get a couple of thing you might not like but lots of things you do. the hotel do there best to cater for every nationalaty, rather them than me! lol great hotel and all i can say is i go 2 to 3 times a year, and it all because ALL the staff make you feel welcome!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank davebamford
Dear Guest

Greetings from the Palmyra team thank you for keeping your vacations at your preferred resort Palmyra sharm ell shaikh promising that will be always home away from home ,

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It was our second visit to the Three Corners, this time taking family and friends with us and it was just as brilliant as we remembered and didn't fail to delight. From the moment you arrive with the warm welcome smile from security and reception to the outstanding service you get from all staff - special thanks to Mohamed our lovely housekeeper who delighted us daily with his artistic towel arrangements, also Basem at the Sharks Bay Bar, whose attitude, smile and service was above and beyond. And finally our biggest thanks go to Tito and his Animation Team, Momo, Rooney, Karina and Ola. These guys always went the extra mile with massive smiles on their faces and their sole aim was to ensure you had the most amazing time with all the daytime activities and night time entertainment. On our first visit Tito promised if we returned with our children (19 and 16 years old) it would be like a second honeymoon and he and his team didn't disappoint. At the end of our 10 day stay, not one of us wanted to go home. Hope to return sometime soon. It was also lovely to see all the staff we remembered and who remembered us from our first visit who greeted us like old friends and made our holiday perfect.

4 Thank Tracie R
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Let me start off on a positive note. The staff were very friendly, and welcoming, they speak perfect English which was a real positive. CASTILLO our pool side bar man, was an absolute shining star, he was the realist worker there, very respectful and my boyfriend came back to the UK making a friend :) welldone Castillo, we wish you all the best for your future. the pools were really good, good sunbeds. Pizza, ice cream and desserts were a nice touch. however the positive comments end there.

I'm not a fussy eater at all and I have not had food poisoning since I was 14 years old. The hot food is alright a bit repetitive so therefore boring. I had some salad- carrot and cabbage, because I noticed it was a popular choice amongst the other guests, the next day I got food poisoning I have never felt that ill in my life. I was on the toilet for hours, I nearly blacked out and I was sick the next morning a lot. A couple of days after when the symptoms died down. I sat down to eat in the restaurant for dinner, I saw a lot of FLIES around the salad area. I am certain this gave me food poisoning, You need to invest in fly lights to keep the flies away. I know for a fact one day, this resort will close down because some one will have died from food poisoning.

and finally, I just read comments from people getting food poisoning from this resort and some one said the PR assistant blamed it on them- it was the guests fault they got it. This is absolutely disgusting PR crisis management. Clearly the PR assistant has never had food poisoning at this extent and does not know how to empathise with guests. Shame on you. you let the resort down.

Room Tip: bring a mosquito net with you
4 Thank Vik06072011
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for writing on trip advisor , it is nice that one of our team members left good impression to braise him and mention him on the review title beside ,he deserve it, be sure that all vegetables are washed and sanitized with tablets be for service or mixed , as you commented that two items was a popular choice and hotel on current month is full if any high risk case we will see it and witness as me my self the general manager my base experience is food and beverage and also the chef and FB manager very will experienced in HCCP principles, I can assure for your good self that the Palmyra resort will keep its development and progress we almost fully booked august and September 2014 and our rating on trip advisor in great development from last year 86.5 % 2013 , 92% up-to-date by trip advisor CSI matrix 2014.above that all your constructive comments will be taken into consideration, looking forward seeing you soon for another experience left with great memories ,

Lancashire
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I had an absaloutly brilliant time, made some good friends, although we had a couple off problems these were dealt with quickly an efficiently, eslam (receptionist) dealt with our queries very quickly and with no problems, he got manager mr had dab to assist us with our problems without any judgment or complaints, the animation staff Karina, Rooney, memo where absaloutly Amazing, housekeeping were brilliant we had a few problems at first but all members off staff resolved this and we had the best experience I would Definatly rate this hotel a 5 and I am most certainly going back, I would like to say a great big Thankyou to mr hassan and eslam for all there help, and everyone else, food was brilliant, bar was brilliant, staff where brilliant can't fault three corners. Thankyou very much and see you all in November :)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rachel1589
Dear Guest

it was our pleasure to welcome you at the Palmyra resort and thank you for taking the time to express your point of view , we always support our clients to talk to us during their stay we believe we learn from our guest and we keen for his stay , greetings from the Palmyra team looking forward seeing you soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Jaz Belvedere
Jaz Belvedere
#45 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,501 reviews

Been to Palmyra Resort? Share your experiences!