“5 days pros and cons”
Review of Palmyra Resort

Palmyra Resort
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 22 August 2014

pros
1-Staff hospitality.
2-The GM is checking in person guest satisfaction.
3-Excellent and wonderful views from rooms either the garden or the pools
4- The taste of food is good specially cold cut and Taameya and the chefs are very nice persons
5-Elizabeth is very talented and from all activities of the entertainment team i liked Tanoora show.
6-Receptionists and staff response toward any problem is very good
cons
1- I took a serious vaginal infection from the pool.
2-The beach has no sands there is only small stones that are very painful on foot.
3-The weekly trip to the old market was very unorganized, there were a lot of people that were almost quarreling to get on the bus if i knew before that there is a public transportation service from the hotel gate to the market with only 3.25 LE i would never fight for a place on the shuttle bus!

Room Tip: all rooms are almost the same
1  Thank Mrs_Tamer_F
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Guest

thank you for taking the time to write your point of view and highlight the effort of my team and witnessing our management style and advising our clients about the advantage of connected rooms and our food concept was into your liking it is true that view from rooms one af the supportive issues at the resort , you can rest surly that we taking good care of our water facilities and using appropriate measures for our chemicals system and up to stranded required during high traffic , concerning the beach all over the red sea we always advise clients to wear beach shoes , our spot in sharks bay is on one of the best locations which allow travelers to enjoy snorkeling without paying special trips or excursions and has sloppy sandy entrance, for your concern about the weekly chattel bus we do our best through assigning a manager to arrange the in and out according to reservation but we do apologize for some other guest behavior toward entering the bus , once again thank you for choosing the Palmyra resort for spending your vacation looking forward seeing you in soon future ,

General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This review is as honest as I can be. We arrived back the early hours of this morning from our two week vacation at the Three Corners palmyra. There were 3 of us in our party 2 adults and our 5 year old daughter.
we were told before our departure that we would have three beds in our room, upon our arrival we were shown to our room which only had 2 beds. We went back to reception where they showed us to a Second room which had 2 beds and the third was a small camp bed in the corner, as far as I am concerned a 4 star hotel would not put guests up in a battered old camp bed. The balcony doors would not lock and looked as though they had been forced open at some stage and part of the sink facia was missing which was unsightly. During our stay the air condition broke which caused water to leak through the light socket, when this was eventually fixed we found that the air conditioning then did not work at all, with High temperatures this was all we needed with a 5 year old complaining how hot she was. The main Pool floor lining was ripped in several places and one of the water slides was broken so was out of service. The restaurant was so small that you often had to wait to get seated whilst your food was getting cold, the food it self was very average and very repetitive, I am not a fussy eater but even I struggled with the food. We ate at the burger waves restaurant and decided to have the pepperoni pizza burger which claimed in the menu to come with pizza sauce and pepperoni, when the burger arrived it had neither, again very disappointed. The holiday brochure also stated that the hotel had 5 restaurants but found out when we several had closed but the brochure had not been updated with this. I must also warn that guests check the floor as my wife stood in a screw that had fallen out of the ageing sun beds and cut her foot open. On a positive note I must say that the majority of the staff where excellent and they were the stars of hotel, they were polite and would help as best they could at very opportunity. I must pay tribute to the animation team Tito, Ronny and karina ( sorry if spelling is wrong) they were brilliant and my daughter especially liked Ronny who took time every day to make her feel special. The bar staff were also very good Sorry I can't remember their names.
In all we had a good holiday but were disappointed as we were expecting a 4 star holiday. And received 3 star at best. The frustrating thing is that the hotel has the potential to be a very good hotel but money needs to be spent on updating the tired rooms and fixing the pools.

1  Thank KentHawkeye
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest

Let me thank you for your review , it is pleasing us that you rate our services with 5 stars and appreciate the efforts of my team , i do apologize about the air condition really we passed hard period in term of weather change in Egypt this summer and last winter which cause non stable currents and we working on it with shams company number one concerning AC in Egypt , i want point something for your good self that reservation for 2 adults plus child always in stranded room plus extra bed and if their was any possibility to respond to any demand to give you triple room even upgraded free of charge i would do but the hotel is 100% till third of September which does not give that chance for us , concerning the pools during the last six month we did total renovation for all the pools still only one as soon as occupancy drop we will do , at the end so glad that in total as you mentioned you had a good holiday hopefully seeing you again in next visit and please contact us earlier 2 weeks of arrival in order to make it up for your good self and make you leave with the most positive experience

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was there with my family almost 10 days in August.
It was the best holidays if I compare this one to last years in Bulgaria.
Everything was perfect: hotel service, our room, pools and food what is very important in such countries as Egypt.
Maybe there a distance between hotel and beach but to be honest the transfer is very well organized.
Additionally I met there nice and very friendly people.
Special thanks to hotel manager who was carrying about our comfort day by day.
To sum up the best choice to spend your holidays in cost effective way.
Thanks
Rafal & family

4  Thank Mariola K
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've been to Egypt 3 times to different hotels but this was my boyfriends time in sharm and I can honestly say we both enjoyed our time at three corners.
The staff are friendly warm and welcoming MANGO at the Morgans bar is always welcoming with a bright big smile making sure your ok and looked after it a great air conditioned bar on them hot nights.
Our room was clean and comfy cleaned everyday with great towel art by Mohammed room(5222) he was the same smiling every morning asking if your room was ok and enjoyed a little chat with us.
Food was what you expect of an all inclusive hotel yes there could be more of a selection as iam a vegetarian but I coped with the salad rice pasta potatoes and soup my boyfriend enjoyed his meal times yes the Russians polish push in but you can't blame the hotel for there rudeness and I've experienced that in other hotels in sharm. Burger waves needs to update it's menu but same again it is what it is I asked for a veggie meal 15 mins later I was given a plate of fries with mixed veg!! I reported this to the general manager and he was as shocked as me and the hotel couldn't do enough to correct this matter by getting the chefs to talk to me the following night I returned to burger waves on the request and was given a great meal that should be on the menu.
There is plenty of other places to eat out of the hotel which will cost you £10 return trip to three crowns and st George's bar and the taxi driver is always on time.
The shop in the hotel is reasonable priced .
We booked 2 facials a mans face and head shave plus threading for myself the first visit I got my facial but no threading boyfriend got everything he asked for and was pleased the 2nd visit we was told the barber had left and they didn't have anyone else but return at 5pm and see if they could get someone else for him, I got mine and was more than pleased my skin still feels fresh and soft 5 days later they got someone for his shave but he missed bits so wasn't to happy with that but yet again you can't blame this on the hotel.
Would we go back yes we would just a pity it's not closer to shops and bars but like I said it's only a taxi ride away.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pottys
Reviewed 17 August 2014

we have just spent 2 weeks at this hotel and all the family had a great time.
the fabric of the hotel may be a bit tired and the food not the best we have had in our many visit's to egypt.but the staff are amongst the best
we arrived at the hotel about 2140 hrs and were promptly booked in and although dinner was finished the manager had us escorted to the restraunt to get something to eat for which we were grateful.we were then escorted to our rooms 6201/6202 which turned out to be connecting room's,ideal for us as we had 2 adults and 1 child in each room.these are on the second floor and overlook the pool where most of the daytime activite's are carried out.
the rooms are quite large and cleaned daily,towel art included (when you had enough towels lol)
with a television with a couple of channels in english.
the pools and grounds of the hotel are quite impressive and although the hotel was full no problems getting loungers.
having read previous reviews before traveling we were worried about mosqitos however the hotel now carry out fogging every night so the mossies are not such a problem.
the restraunt certainly is not big enough when the hotel is full and as i have said the food is not the best but my family always found something to eat and we would reccomend the waves burger bar which was a welcome change.
a lot has been said about the pushing and shoving in the restraunt by the russians and polish but even these nations could not compete with the egyptians when they arrived, we soon learned to leave it late to visit the restraunt when it was a bit more civilised.
one problem we did have for the first 2 days was trying to get a drink,both my wife and myself are diabetic and as many of the hotels we have visited in egypt we struggled to get diet coke at the bars,we complained about this at reception and were introduced to gerges the restraunt/bar manager who assured us that all bars would be supplied with diet and kept supplied(which they were)he also had 2 bottles sent to my room and my daughters room.thank you gerges.
like i have said the staff are the stars of this hotel special mention must be given to TAWFIK at the swimup pool bar he has to be the hardest worker we have ever seen in egypt and could do with some help at time's.also poolman HAMMET,GERGES and MOHAMMED ESSEX in the restraunt.
overall we had a great holiday and would certainly reccomend the hotel,a bit rough around the edge's but a real gem.

Room Tip: if you are a big family and need 2 rooms 6201/6202 are connecting which means only 1 adult needs be...
7  Thank denisatesk
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

a
Thank you so much for spending your vacation at the Palmyra resort hope always in your return to second home Palmyra comes with positive and memorable experience . greeting from all the team of Palmyra

regards

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Apologies for the length of this report but if you are considering booking this hotel you should be aware of the standards to expect. I travelled with my wife and thirteen year old son.

On arrival we were shown to a room with one double bed and told that this was for the three of us, we would not accept this so shown to room 2. Exactly the same layout of room only this time with a camp bed blocking access to the balcony, we did not accept this either.
Shown to room three which had three beds but no cold water (hot water was scalding) and a filthy bath with no shower screen or curtain. The next morning we asked to move again and were finally given our fourth room with three beds and running hot and cold water. The cold water runs brown at first (I don't know if this is specific to this hotel). The bathroom smelled of stale urine and was generally dirty as was the rest of the room. The bedding is grey and the runners at the end of the bed were stained and filthy! The shower area was disgusting and the water did not drain.

In fairness the staff at the hotel are the biggest asset and they will try their very best to make your holiday enjoyable. I am afraid that they have an uphill battle.
At the pool, one slide was open for two hours of a morning and the other open for two hours after lunch, that is it!. It is always a scramble to get hold of mats and this was the cause of long queues
The pools themselves were dirty and desperately need to be re-laid as the pool liner is rucked and split. Each pool has a scum tide mark around the edge. Sharp edges and broken stones around the child's pool are a danger. The pool towels were stained and I think were possibly just dried and re-allocated to other guests the next day.

Dining was not a pleasant experience. The main restaurant was half inside and half outside. You had to battle your way through a crowd and a single door to access one from the other. This is a real risk as all guests and waiters with the amount of traffic and food and plates being carried. The hot food was warm at best and there is a serious fly problem in the restaurant with no visible signs of anything being done to prevent this.
There were not enough seats and guests frequently had to stand and wait for other guests to vacate a table, We did try quieter times but this made little difference.
On three occasions I had undercooked beef, fish an chicken which was raw inside. I also suffered a bout of vomiting and diarrhoea (co-incidence?). We did complain about food standards and was told to eat in the burger restaurant. This was little better.
Some of the chairs in the restaurant had loose seats. The waiters answer to this was to put that chair at another table and give us another seat.
As a result we decided to eat out at local restaurants as often as we could afford. this meant paying taxis.
The hotel advertise a choice of four a la carte restaurants. The advertised Chez Pascal, Japanese and seafood restaurants do not exist. Burger waves does exist although could do with some extra lighting (by this time I wanted to check my food was cooked) and is desperate for air conditioning. Here you can get burgers served as a sit down meal. By way of an apology for the poor food we were offered a very special steak from the food and beverage manager to be served at Burger Waves. We should have known better, this was the last time we ate an evening meal at the hotel.
The ice cream bar was basic and dirty with a choice only offered to those who were first there.
It was always a struggle to get a drink in a clean glass.

We had large Egyptian families in the room next door and opposite who ran amok until 4 in the morning (I suspect there were approximately 12 of them in one room). The first time this happened I phoned reception at 2.30 am and requested security. At 4am and after 4 phone calls thing eventually quietened down. I do not believe that security turned up at all.
It all kicked off again the following night at the same time. Same phone calls , same response. We sat down with the general manager the following day and asked if he would do something about his errant guests. He suggested that we move rooms, after three previous moves to find a suitable room I was going nowhere. We were left with the basic impression that this behaviour is accepted as standard. The excuse about an Egyptian holiday does not help us and if this is the case why were we not advised not to book this hotel at this time of year.
The next night we didn't bother with security just went out and sorted it out ourselves. This did settle the Egyptian guests down. Surely it would only have taken a word from security who are either unable orb unwilling to do anything.
To get to the hotels private beach the shuttle bus was dangerously overcrowded with as many standing as sitting down. If you avoid the main times for the beach this might get better.
The toilets facilities on the beach are outrageously dirty.

Overall this was the most disappointing hotel experience I have ever known. We wasted a large proportion of our holiday either moving rooms or speaking to one of the many people who claimed to be the manager.

Personally this experience has meant that I will not be returning to Egypt and would definitely not consider a Three Corners hotel anywhere else.

3  Thank pednann
Hassan A, General Manager at Palmyra Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest

Kindly note that i never gave an answer to show that i know who wrote but i also apologize i have to do it ,
first your reservation was in normal standard room plus child not triple or family room , my front office manager upgraded your good self on superior family room which cost double what you paid
then next day you asked for a change to other building and were scored by the front office manager to a triple room which also cost more than you paid , then you complained about other guest behavior and noise and refused to get another room in quite area and wanted us to evacuate the other guest which we can not do , them i met you personally and assigned my security manager to work at night shift specially to work on your comfort , another dining options were offered to your good self and you requested late check out and with pleasure i approved and on daily bases i was coming to you as i do to all my customers and ask you about any and everything to make sure that all fine then you asked me to help you finding your rip and i did with pleasure through my personal phone , regrading safety issues we never sign contract unless been inspected and witnessed fro tour operator , at the end we total convinced that we did our best to make you happy if our best was not enough we are sorry for it our services adapted for the price value but our personal service and care of our customers is our singe of success which you can not get in most of hotels we are experienced management and we do the best we can to respond to our guest expectations through a unique concept which managing by walking around to listen and exchange experience with our customers and that why the hotel three corners Palmyra in 2014 update scored 94% recommendation and appreciation from our customers while the average of 230 hotels in sharm is 89% and three days left we got a great award winner 2014 by holiday check and hotel is the most preferred resort by many travel agents and flagged as no 1 four stars hotel with 5 of biggest tour operators and me and my team will keep our best as i done with other hotels was number one in markets ,
please note that at july and august are time for families to travel from around the world also Egyptians and that not apply in Palmyra it is all over Egypt and the rest of the world,
thank you for witnessing the efforts of my team and describe that they do their best to please and help their guest ,

once again i am sorry i had to respond to your review with statement out of my normal formal way ,

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from two weeks at the Three Corners Palmyra and must say how disappointed we were with this hotel. Having stayed at two other Three Corners hotels we thought we knew what we were expecting - how far from the truth could we be.
If you don't mind being pushed shoved and elbowed at mealtimes then this place is for you.
If you don't mind children urinating and defaecating at the side of the pool then this is for you.
If you don't mind Russian and Polish guests doing vodka shots at 11am in the morning and then try to inappropriately touch your children in the pool then again this is for you.
If you don't mind broken AC, leaky toilets and no decent showers with clean hot water then this place is for you.
If you don't mind warm food in restaurant or pizza and chips or the same regurgitated food day in day out then this is for you.
That's just some of our worst experiences!
We arrived at 10pm to check in and was checked in quite quickly given blue bands signifying we are repeat customers to the Three Corners hotel group and which supposedly gave us some extra privileges on upgrades, water, fruit & flowers in our room. The only thing we got was 1litre of water a day costing £1 as that privilege. We were taken to our triple room to be greeted by one double bed and told by bell boy after he'd received his tip that we'd receive another bed(s) shortly. We waited till midnight no bed arrived. Next morning we wake up to faulty AC unit, leaking toilet and no hot water. We reported this to reception and Ali said he'd get everything resolved. A foldaway bed was put in our room whilst we were at the pool. We queried why there wasn't 3 single divan beds or 1 double & single as we paid for a triple room and pictures on travel republic website don't reflect the images of his hotel.
It took 4 days for the maintenance staff to repair the sensor on the AC unit in which my husband had to help them do. It took them 11 days to repair leaky toilet and faulty shower. The general manager was on annual leave for first part of our stay and he resolved these issues however it's a shame his deputy managers are not competent enough to deal with very simple issues.
Finally we were in block 5 and had experienced 4 nights of Egyptian children & families running up
and down the corridors at 2am, 3am and 4am, we companies yo
Reception and security staff to the response Egyptians are crazy celebrating Eid.
The general manager told us not to come in July & August due to Ramadan however we told him this is summer holidays in UK and only time we can come.
We've been to Egypt 8 times in recent years and this hotel has seriously made me reconsider ever coming back to Egypt. I don't go on holiday to be with English people or eat English food but at his hotel English are discriminated again. The hotel staff are more favourable to Russian, Polish and Egyptians.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank thehealinghands

Dear Guest
thank you so much for visiting the three corners and i have pleasure meeting dear sir
i have wrote response with all what we tried to do and what we have done from our side in order to make your good self happy i removed my previous response after i gone through your 6 reviews in other hotels and i found that you were never happy , in London , Taba , sharm El shaikh and all same reviews , my request as a general manager for a resort like other resorts you visited please after you reserve contact the hotel after you reserve and send then specific detailed request according to your good expectation in order to make them help you in enjoying your vacation if they have the chance ,

wishing you all the best of luck
greetings from Palmyra

Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#2 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Amwaj Oyoun Hotel & Resort

Been to Palmyra Resort? Share your experiences!