“Could be better”
Review of Sea Life Resort

Sea Life Resort
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ok I have recently returned from a two week stay at the sea life resort, I have to say I do not feel it warrants the many 5 star reviews.

Let me first comment on the staff, these wonderful people are definitely the jewel in the crown for the hotel. All are extremely hard working and always helpful and have a smile of their face. The work and hours that these people out in to make sure you have a nice holiday is incredible.
I am mainly talking about the cleaning, restaurant and bar staff etc when summarising. On the other hand, the people who come round and do nothing but hassle you all day at the pool and beach is incredibly annoying, the hotel really needs to try and limit the amount of times people come round and try to sell you things. Every day by the pool I was bothered and annoyed when trying to read or relax.

Next is the food, this is something I feel that needs to be improved a bit, very repetitive and uninspiring. I have been to many places and the choice of food was much more plentiful compared to the sea life resort. I must also say I find the lack of hygiene in the restaurant to be very concerning. The chefs do not wear rubber gloves when handling food and I question if they reheat stuff as some of the dishes and meats looked very questionable.
We booked info the Japanese restaurant which was lovely and they had another set of excellent staff working in there.

Unfortunately for me and a friend staying here we contracted a rather nasty stomach bug, was in bed for about 4 days solid without really eating and only drinking water. When we chatted with the restaurant manager I found his response god to our illness to be rather insulting, he said it was because we were having too much sun and too much alcohol. Terribly insulting when I detest the sun so prefer to sit in the shade and my alcohol intake was minimum. We eventually found out from the roe that slot of people in the hotel had been struck down with the same thing.

Next on to the hotel ground and the rooms, the hotel is beautifully kept by the gardeners and ground staff. They make the place look incredibly beautiful and they should be proud of the work they do. The hotel in general though needs a few things to be able to help disabled people, we had in our party a disabled lady that needed access to rooms and toilets etc if one of us were not around to help. Unfortunately for the hotel every single room in the complex requires stairs access to get into the bedrooms. Not good for people using a wheelchair or mobility scooter, and their only accessible toilet for disabled people is at the main reception. Please take note that you seriously need to improve for people with disabilities. The pool toilets for example require you to walk down around 15 stairs.

Air conditioning broke in my room 4 times, water pipes burst outside our room, there was about 6 power cuts and wifi was shockingly bad

Location for the hotel is great, only a stones throw away from diving places and the markets etc. managed to get a few dives in the local area and went quad biking in the dessert which was a wonderful experience.

Can't really say much more p, didn't enjoy my stay at all other than the fantastic staff.

1  Thank KrisY130
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Sea Life Resort. Your comments regarding the wonderful, hardworking and helpful staff are very much appreciated.

I would like to address a few of the points which you have raised within the review. Firstly we have the 'Relax' area available at the beach where no sales staff are permitted to communicate with the guests, we also have the relaxed times between 13:00 and 15:00 at the swimming pools were sales staff are not allowed to sell / promote their services.

Secondly, I can assure you that all food is freshly prepared each day at the hotel, it is certainly not reheated and served to guests. I will request the head chef reminds all kitchen staff that they must be wearing gloves whilst preparing / serving food as they usually are.

I'm not sure who informed you that many guests were struck down with food related illness, this simply isn't true, we have never experienced an outbreak of illness at any of our hotels.

We have recently opened a new building which provides rooms for Disabled guests, including specialist bathrooms and wheelchair access etc.

There are newer reviews for Sea Life Resort

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just returned from sea life after a fab week with my friend Jill.The hotel and grounds are so clean as is the other 2 hotels which you can use also this saves you getting bored with the same routine.The staff are lovely and good at their jobs but one in particular is Moustafa Mohammed he never stops smiling you are in trouble if you don,t smile back.We do agree with most people about the al a carte booking system you have got no chance of getting in when the other hotels are getting booked first we only wanted to go in the Japanese but only managed the one we wer,nt bothered about the fish resturaunt which later we found we wer,nt even booked in on the night we asked for so we missed it.Which brings me to guest relations they are the worst ones we have come across and we have been to Egypt 50 times.We only saw 2 but found they did,nt really want to talk to you in fact 1 was going to come back to us and we never saw her again.Would definately return to sea life had a fabulous holiday.

Room Tip: Anywhere is good
1  Thank Caz063-11

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us in Sea Life Resort.

It's great to know that you had a relaxing holiday and made good use of the facilities and services across the three hotels. Your kind comments regarding Mostafa Mohammed will be passed onto his manager.

It's with regret that you service from the Guest Relations team didn't meet your standards, however we cannot take the reservations for the set menu restaurants at the same time in all 3 hotels. The guests are able to reserve in whichever hotel they wish, you are not restricted to waiting for the reservation to open in Sea Life during the afternoon.

I will however make it known to the guest relation team that you were not happy and ensure they follow up all guest requests in future, as they usually do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We have just got back from our first holiday to Sharm el Sheikh and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sea Life. We had picked it based on the good reviews and weren't disappointed. We would be happy to go back to this hotel again!

On arrival reception are very welcoming and helpful. Our room was lovely- really big, spacious and clean. The bed was huge and so comfortable, we slept so well in it! We had a nice balcony with views to the pool and a side view to the sea. We were in building 7 which was a great location for the pool and beach thought about a 5 minute walk uphill to the restaurants and reception. It was cleaned everyday and on a couple of days we came back to our room to find some lovely towel arrangements which were a nice touch. The gardens were kept so beautifully- what hard work the staff must put in to keep them that way, we were very impressed.

There were ALOT of Russian guests so you can feel very out of place if you are English or another nationality. We were told there were more English guests in Sea Gardens and we spent a day by the pool there and felt more comfortable as there were more english people and it was a more relaxed vibe. With so many russian guests it did feel like the entertainment was primarily geared towards them and it would be nice to have some entertainment that isn't so focused on this.

It was a real treat to be able to use the facilities in all 3 hotels in the complex- it was a sure fire way to not be bored and this is probably the best feature of staying with the Sea Group! Everywhere you go the hotel staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming and happy to chat away to you. They really make you feel happy when you are there.

In the main buffet restaurant the breakfast and lunch are generally the same everyday. There is a variety of things to choose but it would be nice to see some rotation on this. The evening was always themed and you can pick to go to any of the buffet restaurants depending on what you fancied. As we were only here a week we didn't get bored of the food and ate well each day. We tried the Lebanese, Fish and Japanese restaurant. The Lebanese food was really really good but we found the service to be very slow and also sitting in the corner after dark was very dark and hard to see what we were eating. The fish restaurant has a lovely setting and the food was delicious though I didn't like the starter- I don't like smoked salmon and there wasn't any other choice to have anything else for starters. The Japanese restaurant was fun, Sala the chef was very funny! We enjoyed our meal here. It is a shame that you are not allowed to use all 4 a la carte resturants- we wanted to go to the French too but you can only pick 3 as part of the all inclusive deal. If we were there for 2 weeks being able to use all 4 would be much better!

The beach was quite nice- plenty of sun beds available though the beach bars are quite spaced out, I think it would be better to have an extra one along the beach! There was always a little wall down to the sea level and you swim over some coral. There are so many fish here- we had a lot of fun just snorkelling on the beach! It was nice that the hotel was on the beach as we noticed some other hotels are not directly by the beach and the reefs in Sharm are a big attraction. There was also a pier which extended out as far as the edge of the coral reef and this was a nice walk but very very windy.

The major negative of our stay was the constant hassle from the sales guys in the spa; diving centre and beauty salon. Everyday they would come round and try to sell something to you and didn't really listen if you said no and would just come back again tomorrow/later. They are quite persistent. When you go on holiday you want to be able to relax and not be interrupted by so many sales people! They don't seem to understand that if you are looking for a treatment or excursion you will come find them. We felt that the hotel should have more control over the sales tactics in the grounds because it becomes very annoying!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KirstyMD

It's great to know that you had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels available to you as part of our unique dine around concept. Your kind comments about our Gardens are very much appreciated.

We are always looking for feedback and appreciate any suggestions to improve our services to ensure guests have the best possible stay. I would like to inform you that since your stay we have now increased the Buffet, providing more variety for all meal times. There is also now more than one starter available in the Pescatore Restaurant.

Our animation team in Sea Life Resort is made up of people from around the world, speaking English, Russian, German, French, Italian and Egyptian, we hope this ensures all guests are involved with the entertainment during their stay.

We also have the 'Relax' area at the beach where no salesman are permitted to enter, in addition there are no sales around the pool daily between 13:00 and 15:00.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Came back from Sea Life on the 14th May, after a fab week of sunshine, good food, 24 hour bar and fantastic staff. Only one negative and that was being constantly hassled on the beach and by the pool by staff from the Spa, or snorkeling centre or hairdresser etc etc in fairness they are very friendly but it is constant every day, and every time I went to read my book I would hear the usual,,, "Hello, where you from, let me show you what we do, when will you come,,, you come today" etc etc this does get on your nerves a bit! BUT on the plus there is NOTHING to complain about at this Hotel, and as I said before all staff from the cleaners to the gardeners to the bar staff to the restrant staff were all first class. Oh and also the reception staff. Room was cleaned daily and when I requested more tea bags I got them! Lots of them!! would I go back, yes defo. Another nice thing was not having to fight for a sun lounger, there are plenty. If your looking at this Hotel, then book it, it won`t dissapoint.

Room Tip: Room spacious, little dated but very clean. We had a sea/ pool view which was lovely.
2  Thank norman19645
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Was a bit disappointed with this hotel.
The pools were lovely and heated and the staff were great too. The beach is nice ni sand but rocky so plenty to see like fish and crabs etc.The shisha cafe was nice and the guy who ran it was really friendly and this is where we spent most evenings as it was nice and quiet.
But it must be 80% if not more Russian and there for all the entertainment was in Russian hence us spending every night in the shisha cafe as the singers at the lobby bar were in Russian and all the amphitheatre entertainment too the English were not catered for in that aspect at all. The al a carte restaurant system is a joke we couldn't get into any of them as they were all fully booked for the while duration of our holiday even tho we went to book on day 1 of our holiday, which is very unfair. Just a warning they harass you constantly around the pool for massage, trips, beauty salon etc etc all day long even if you say no they keep going worse I've ever had this in Egypt not nice at all. The rooms were nice, comfortable and spacious and the hotel gave my husband a cake for his birthday which was nice of them but it just ashame all the negatives outweigh the positives unfortunately. If you stay at this hotel with kids you have to pay for day tickets to go to the sister hotel with the water park and there is not a lot on site at the resort otherwise with kids. Overall I would not rec commend this hotel to you if you are English or have kids. Go somewhere else !!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nina L
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Firstly let me thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us at Sea Life Resort. We are always looking for feedback as it enables us to improve our facilities and services to ensure guests have a pleasant stay. I would like to address a few of the points which you raised.

It's pleasing to know that you enjoyed the Shisha Bar and found the staff to be great throughout. We have Live entertainment in each Lobby Bar during the evenings, the singers perform English and Arabic music as they do not speak Russian, however Karaoke night will of course include Russian music.

We have four set menu restaurants, they include Lebanese, French, Japanese and Seafood, reservation is required in advance however i have never known all four restaurants to be fully booked for a week ahead. however the Japanese and French possibly as they cater for less people.

We do have activities for children, the animation team have games around the pool and beach as well as the kids club which is open everyday. Mini disco takes place every night at 20:30.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Sea life hotel in March 2014 for 1 week.
There are 3 hotels within the complex, the other 2 being Sea gardens (the smallest) and Sea Club (the largest).
We stayed in Block 10 (room 1011) at Sea Life Resort which was a ground floor room facing the swimming pool and a 5 minute walk to the beach. The room also had a lovely view towards Tiran Island. The bed was large and very comfortable the room was very spacious, the bathroom was also large and everything was kept spotlessly clean during the entire week. Big bonus was the use of a FREE safety deposit box in the room.
The hotel grounds are lovely, everything was spotlessly clean and the flower beds amazing. All the staff in the hotel were amazing from Reception to the bars. Restaurants, towel guys, waiters, staff in the restaurants couldn’t do enough for you.
We would like to make a special mention to
Mikel in the Pool Bar at Sea Life
Mohmed in the Lobby Bar at Sea Life
Both these guys couldn’t do enough. Their customer service was amazing and they were a big contribution to the enjoyment of our holiday. They are both a big asset to the hotel.
The entertainment staff were a mixture of Russian and Ukraine, hence almost all the announcements round the pool area and activities were conducted in Russian. Some of the activities were announced in English, but there were at least 80 to 90 per cent Russians in this resort and so the activities/entertainment was geared towards them.
Due to there being 3 hotels within the complex, this gave a great choice of places to eat. Each hotel has a main restaurant as well as speciality eateries. The main restaurant in each hotel have theme nights so there was a different one each evening which allowed you choose where you wanted to eat within the complex. The speciality restaurants need to be pre-booked.
The evening entertainment ranged from Local dancers and singers, Karaoke, quizzes. The entertainment was different in each hotel so you could wander round watch the different shows and have a drink in each bar!!
The hotel is located approx 10 minutes from the airport. If you are on holiday for a week there is plenty to keep you occupied within the complex. The beach is about 1 km long with a jetty at the Sea Club Hotel allow access for diving. However you can access the water from the beach and still be able to snorkel. The hotel is directly facing Tiran Island.

Best bits!!
Hotel grounds/gardens/rooms
Staff
Weather

Worst bits!!
Can’t think of any!!

Tips
I would recommend that you use beach shoes when accessing the water from the beach!!

March is an excellent time of the year to visit Sharm, with temperatures in the 30’s.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susane2706
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

It was a pleasure to read such a glowing review following you and your partners recent stay with us in Sea Life Resort.

It's very pleasing to see that you found the Gardens and Staff to be amazing throughout, your thanks and appreciation will be passed onto those members of staff mentioned. We will ensure that the animation activities and shows are delivered in both Russian and English languages to accommodate all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Sea Group Resorts in the future for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have just returned from our first trip of the year to the Sea Life, as we are frequent guests to this wonderful hotel. The staff are second to none and always make you feel welcome. Special thanks to Zak the bar manager and his guys who always looks after you. The Sea Life restaurant chefs and waiters are always cheerful and can't do enough for you. Make sure you visit the El Diwania Lebanese restaurant, Mohammed is a perfect host and the food is excellent. Didn't get to eat in the Tepanyaki this time but my husband enjoyed the sea food at the beach bar which is very reasonably priced..
The gardens of this hotel are absolutely beautiful and maintained to such a high standard. The rooms are kept so clean and the towel arranging is something to behold.
Another great thing about this resort is you are free to use the restaurants at either of the three hotels so you can always to find something to eat whatever your tastes maybe.
The management also take very seriously your thoughts and experiences regarding your stay, they arranged a cocktail evening to speak to the British guests to ask for your opinion.
Make sure you see the Egyptian Folk Law evening, the guy who spins on the spot for what seems an eternity is amazing.
We have stayed at other hotels in Sharm but nothing comes close to the Sea Life.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank val l

Firstly let me thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us at Sea Life Resort. It was a pleasure for all our team to welcome you back for another memorable holiday.

It's pleasing to see you found the food to be well varied again as well as enjoying the Lebanese and Seafood Restaurants which are available as part of the AI package. As you mentioned we are always looking to improve our services and the Cocktail Reception is a great way to convey that.

Your thanks will be passed onto those members of staff mentioned within the review. We look forward to welcoming you back later in the year.