“nice”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
sea life resort sharm
“nice”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

just got back from sea life yesterday,the resort was beautifull amd immuculate,the rooms was nice a nd big and the beach eas lovely, the food was not all that i think the lunch menu was better then the evening menu.but 4 days into my holiday i was struck down with food poisoining and i am still getting over it so that part spoilt my holiday as i was that bad i couldnt leave the room.be aware of the pool partys that took place twice in one week and my appartment was right outside the pool area and the music was so loud it vibrated on the patio doors so if you have little ones ask the reception to not put you by the pool unless you want to hear very loud music till 2am,staff were all friendly but the animation team round the pool drove you crazy and the sales people wont leave you alone so be aware other from that i could not fault the hotel its self and the grounds were beautifull last but not least namma bay be aware to be almost harrassed i felt scared walking down there the people was way to in your face i just couldnt wait to get back to the resort. and also one more thing entertainment was very boring but i didnt mind as i only wanted a quiet holiday

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lau041

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We have just come back from two weeks at the Sea Life hotel. Needless to say the weather was fantastic throughout. One evening in Namma Bay showed the temperature at 47 degrees. There was a cool breeze in the morning but by about 1pm this dropped and the sun was scorching so high factor sun cream is a must.
The hotel was immaculate. Room service was thorough and the cleaner left nice touches particularly on our wedding anniversary. Food was good and the themed nights offered variety however half way through the second week you find yourself craving english sausages and bacon! A down side about the all inclusive is that it finishes at 11pm although drinks etc can still be purchased. We did not find this a problem as we were ready for bed by thyen anyway. Entertainment is poor. We amused ourselves playing cards with a group of friends that we met. You could go into Namma Bay by shuttle bus or a taxi if you wanted to.
The staff could not do enough for you and were always friendly and polite. Their english was very good so there were no communication problems at all. Both my husband and myself suffered mild stomach upsets but I can honestly say that it was not from the food but the heat. The staff were so good that they got tablets for my husband (free of charge) to ensure a speedy recovery. (Thanks to Muhammad!)
Snorkelling off the jetty was brilliant. We also went quad biking and out on a glass-bottomed boat. We visited the Hilton and to be honest what we saw of the hotel was no better than Sea Life. You have the use of three hotels whilst there (Sea Life, Sea Club and Sea Garden) but Sea Life seemed the most popular.
There were few British but this was not a problem, the Eygptians seemed to love the English. Predomminately Italians and Germans use the hotel. We never felt pushed out or anything. Most guests were young couples, but again this was not a problem.
All in all we had a brilliant time and would go back again. This is the third all inclusive that we have been on. The others being Dominican Republic and Ibiza and this was definetely the best value for money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank susan_walker770
Jarrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2009

Oh wow, was really impressed with this place. Really enjoyed my stay. We scored lucky with this place. Got a last minute allocation on arrival which i don't normally go for but we we're amazed when we got to hotel. Really clean place with freindly staff who don't expect tips all the time like other places i've been. The food was amazing and varied greatly every day. There was also a Japanese restaurant too which wasn't part of all-inc but we decided to pay anyway and experince it and i'm glad we did, it was great. The chef was amazing and just watching him perform his art was wonderful. Drinks were nice and plentiful and of course, all free. The shop was nice although a little understocked, there was no pressure to buy anything. The resort was vast and when i got a bit bored of being by the pool or in the sea, i would go for a walk around the place which i recommend cos you discover so much. I highly recommend a walk over to the coral boardwalk to go snorkeling or diving if you have time/money (not that it's expensive but you need to factor it into your budget all the same). I really enjoyed it although cut my foot quite badly on the coral but that was my fault really but when i got out, the coastguard was really good. He had a first aid kit and he cleaned and bandaged it and i was right as rain. There is always loads to do. There was aquagym and beach volley everyday. We made friends with our waiter. Can't for the life of me remember his name but he was brilliant, a godsend. He waited on us hand and foot and made us desperate to return to him everytime and he asked for nothing in return so we gave him a big tip on our last day but he wouldnt take it from us at first.
Did get i'll the day before we left but i think that was sunstroke combined with a dodgy tum but that's to be expected. It was mild and i've been much more ill on other holidays.
the transfer time is also brilliant. It took about 20 minutes which is nothing and bus was new and air-conditioned just be careful when you get off at airport as people will try to make money out of you any way they can. Carry your own cases to the transfer coach as someone you think is a rep or coach driver will try to carry your case, don't let them and even when you're at the coach make sure it's only the driver that puts your case on as anyone else who gets hold of your case will want payment.
Good room with computerised air-conditioning which was fantastic and easy to operate. Nice, clean bathroom with big shower. Gorgeous location on red sea, beautiful vast beaches, great pools and sunloungers are free!!!
Honestly, everyone we spoke to on this holiday absolutely loved it and i have recommended it to everyone i know who wants to go to Sharm. Do yourself a favour and book yourself into this hotel, you'll love it

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
2 Thank Defn
preston UK
Reviewed 22 July 2009

got back a few days ago from the most amazing holiday ever. planning the return already. Hotel BEAUTIFUL it was immaculate the food was amazng and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly. Lots of activites within an outside the hotel. the staff will try and sell the trips but be firm and polite and they wont push. a trip we would highly reccomend is snorkeling at ras mohammed and a cammel ride. Snorkelling off the jetty amazing dont forget the underwater camera. only downfall was the dodgy stomach be armed with immodium.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury,Shropshire.
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Just returned from a lovely scorching hot week in Egypt! going to give as honest review as i can on this hotel..
GOOD- As previous guests have stated you can not fault this hotel with regards to cleanliness, is it immaculate! the grounds are beautiful, and the pool area is spotless, the rooms were cleaned to a high standard everyday.
The rooms are very spacious, could do with being abit better lit, as even with all lights on still is pretty dark! but big comfy beds so was very satisfied with the room.
Me and my partner both loved the food and the variety in the buffet, which was different everyday, different themed nights like mexican/greek/indian etc..
however which leads me to the...
BAD- We both sufferered with extreme stomach cramps, and upset for the duration of the holiday.We then consulted the pharmacy who ripped us off with prices for the medication needed.. (ripping people off is what the staff here are good at! )we were quoted 500 eygptian pound for medication for the 2 of us! which is roughly £40/£45!!!! we tryed to barter but wasn't going any lower so we had to pay it, by the time they worked it was time to come home though!
Staff on reception are useless!!When allocated to our room we couldn't seem to lock the patio door, and as we were on the ground floor this was a big issue to us. We informed reception and were advised that to wait in the room and an engineer will be with us in the next half an hour.... well to cut along story short after an hour waiting in the room and a further 4 more attempts of politely asking for it to be fixed over 3 days, on the fourth day it was eventually done! only after we spoke to the manger.
Also we weren't being picked up until midnight to depart home, so asked if we could keep the room on, as you have to allocate the rooms at midday, willing to pay the exra we informed reception and asked to keep until 6.00pm, again we were being fobbed off each day we asked and never got a straight answer, in the end we just stayed in the room until 6, and then payed when we left, which after at least 3 times of telling them throughtout the week we wanted to keep the room on they still stated they did'nt know??!
The animation team drive you mad!!!!!
always bugging you by the pool in the day, and again at night they are everywhere!!!
There shows are rubbish, and they seem to think grabbing you off your sunbed whilst reading and chucking you in the pool all the time when your trying to relax is funny!!
Always bugging you to do different activities, which we just wanted to chill but they just did your head in, as did all the others who try to sell you papers/massages/ and meals, they are a nussiance all day.
Loved Egypt and the heat, but next time would opt for different hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
IRELAND
Reviewed 4 June 2009

We have just got back from two weeks at the Sea Life Resort and thoroughly enjoyed our relaxing break.

We flew with Monarch Airways and were impressed at the service after reading some bad reports about the airline. We even enjoyed on the onboard meal and watched a movie during the flight. We did upgrate to "extra leg room" seats as my husband is 6ft 2", really glad we did this now though it was costly at the time.

On arrival check in was fast and our bags arrived to our room within minutes.

The resort itself consists of three different hotels -we were booked into the Sea Life Hotel but would have been equally as happy with the other hotels. You can use the facilities at any of the 3 hotels so if you fancy a change of scenery you can eat or relax by any of the pools which was an added bonus.

We spent most of the time on the beach. You get your towels in the towel booth by the pool when you hand in your beach cards (be warned if you lose the cards you are charged 15 euro). The beach is only a minute walk from the pool area so it is great if you want to bathe by the pool but want to go snorkelling at the beach throughout the day - you can do both!

I will start with the beach. The beach was very clean and the beach guys always tried to get you sorted with sunlounger and parasole. I think it is worth tipping these guys a euro - they seem to look out for you and want to please you then and it is worth it to get a good spot. I guess with a lot of hotels people get up at the crack of dawn to put their towel on the best beds which is so annoying! Sometimes these people reserve their beds and then don't arrive to late afternoon which isn't fair. The sunbeds were very comfy but I would advise you get step up with a parasole as it can get very hot especially if there isn't a breeze.

The great thing about the beach is even if you aren't a strong swimmer you can see some of the fish in the shallower water before the coral reef. You can see the fish very clearly in the clear water. Don't go to this resort without your proper snorkel gear - the water is so clear you can see the fish to the right and left swimming towards you - amazing!

Another vital thing to take is swim shoes! You can't go into the water without them - they are vitally essential. Thank goodness I read lots of reviews on here and knew to pack some.

The resort has a jetty which goes out just to the coral reef. Even if you aren't a great swimmer go to the jetty as you can see some of the larger and more exotic fish if you go out to the deeper water. If you can swim you go down some steps and are in the ocean right by the coral reef - absolutely amazing! I couldn't explain how fantastic it is to see so many tropical fish swimming around you in the blue water - it is truely amazing! When you do it you will know what I mean. One of the best experiences of my life and I will remember it always.

Right onto the pool area. I loved the big pool but was a little disappointed at how cold the pool was - the sea was warmer which is why we stayed there. I usually can stick the water being cold but this was coler than most hotels I have been to and it took the breath from me getting in but once you are in your body adjusts and it is fine. Some people probably like it to be colder so they can cool down but I just found it too cold as it was a task to get in. I noticed others plucking up the courage to venture in too!

The pool area has a little childrens pool too which seemed popular even with the adults! Beside the pool is the bar where you can get all your drinks (I will talk about the all inclusive package in a moment). Again a lot of the beds were taken at the crack of dawn but we always managed to get one without a problem.

They do try and have activites by the pool area and beach area. You can do aqua aerobics in the morning and evenig, salsa dancing, beach volleyball, pilates etc.

Right onto the entertainment before moving onto the All inclusive and the rooms.

I think the less said about the entertainment the better. In the terrace by the reception we thoroughly enjoyed the music and entertainment but in the amphitheatre the "freak animation team" put on a show! If you want tacky, unprofessional, entertainment then you might be okay but the only show we even remotely enjoyed was the fire show. The internation and dance show are the same so don't waste you time going to both! I think they need to vary the entertainment a bit, I know it is hard with so many nationalities but honestly I think my 4 year old niece could have done better. Speaking of children they do have their own disco in the ampitheatre before the main show - basically they have the run of the stage and most seemed to just enjoy the open space. Also in the evening after the main show you can make your way to the "Sir Francis Drake Bar" to dance the night away, we didn't go there but the option is there to party all night if you want.

We had never been on holiday on an all inclusive basis before but would definitely do it again. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are buffet style in the restaurant. For breakfast you can get fresh fruit, yoghurts, salads, cold meats, various breads, toasts, croissants , pastries, pancakes, beef sausages, potatoes, there is also an egg station where you can get your eggs made to order - scrambled, omlettes, fried etc. A little tip the pancakes are yummy either with lemon and sugar or the hot chocolate sauce!

We have to say we were disappointed at the lunches. There is a snack bar by the pool which provides the same thing every single day which gets a bit boring. You can have a burger, hot dog, pizza and chips. You can take you lunch to your lounger or the beach which was nice but we did find that having the same thing for two weeks was a bit boring. You can have lunch in the main restaurant but when you are all sun creamed and wet from swimming the last thing you want to do is go and shower to get lunch and then go out for more sun! We did eat in the restaurant at lunchtime once as we came back from a trip at 1pm and thought we would give it a try. You do notice people leaving the beach/pool areas about 12.30pm obviously to go to the restaurant.

In the afternoon around 4pm you can get a snack again in the snack bar by the pool. Again it was the same each day - day in day out, rolls with meat/cheese and madiera cake. I think it would be so much better if they varied the food a little in the snack bar.

Dinner was fine - something for everyone! Every night they have a different theme - Asian, Italian, French etc. The waiter dress up accordingly which is a nice touch. Every evening there was a salad buffet, hot buffet, lots of breads, rice, vegetables, meat, fish and a pasta station where you can get your own pasta made up! The range of deserts was amazing - I would say each night there must have been about 30 different deserts to chose from - not good for the waistline! We both were able to find things we liked no matter what the theme was and have no complaints at all.

We did eat in the lebanese restaurant which was really good and was only 10 euro each. We really enjoyed it and the waiter there is a real gentleman. We also gave the teppanyaki restaurant which is beside the main restaurant though it was more expensive at 18 euro each. We had mixed opinions about this meal. I thoroughly enjoyed it but my husband thought everyting tasted the same - the steak, vegetables, rice were all coated in the same marinade/sauce. It was a lovely evening though as you sit up beside where the chef cooks and it was great to watch him work his magic.

I was concerned about the drinks on the all inclusive package but we weren't disappointed. The wine was very pleasant, the spirits seemed very strong but I don't really drink spirits. The soft drinks were the proper brands ie coca cola, sprite which surprised us. We only found out to the end of the holiday they had diet coke - there goes the waist line again! We definitely got our moneys worth out of the all inclusive as were drinking so much in the heat.

The temperature while we were there was in around the 30 degrees - maximum while we were there was 38 degrees which was hot but there was a nice breeze so didn't bother us.

Essential things to take are swim shoes, snorkelling gear, insect repellent and cream (I got really badly bitten and am still suffering), an underwater camers (I had a disposable one). We changed our money into Egyptian pounds but we needn't have bothered as everything was priced in euros/gbp and they preferred to be tipped in euros too.

The only trip we took was on the submarine to the coral reef (come to think of it this was the only time we left the resort in two weeks). Don't be fooled this isn't a submarine even though they call it that, it is a boat that the bottom half goes underwater and guess that is all you need. We really enjoyed this excursion as my husband wears glasses and wasn't able to go snorkelling on the jetty so it was great for us to experience all the wonderful fish and corals together. The trip cost 30 euro each which was expensive but I think it was worth it - I am a bit of a wild life buff so love this kind of thing. You can also get some good pictures too!

I am almost done! The rooms were fine - a little dated and could use a bit of updating but they were clean. The cleaners were excellent and you had you towels changed daily and they even tidied our room and turned down the covers! You have a fridge though ours didn't seem to chill the drinks. Each room has a small balcony - ours looked out onto the wonderful gardens. The bathrooms are fully tiled and have a walk in shower. You have a safe in the wardrobe which you set your code to which was very reassuring when we put our valuables in there!

The grounds were really lovely - I will try and download some pictures so you can see them for yourself.

All in all this was a lovely relaxing holiday - just what we were looking for. Yes you do get hassled by the traders to take excursions, massages etc but once you say no a few times they will leave you alone!

The only bad points of the holiday was the cold pool, being hassled by traders, the entertainment and the lack of variety at the snack bar. Everything else was perfect and the weather was wonderful.

We will be back in the future and if you do decide to spend your holidays at this hotel/resort we don't think you will be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
9 Thank BEARDJOY
leicester
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Just got back from 1 weeks stay. I'm going to be as honest as possible with this review

The hotel is is one of 3 in a large complex. The grounds are immaculate and are kept very clean and tidy. The hotel itself is very clean.

The rooms are large and spacious with a fair sized balcony. Lots of storage and bathrooom is big with a decent shower. We paid a little extra and upgraded to a seaview room - well worth the money as we were right on the beach.

As the hotel is part of large complex, you are able to use facilites at all 3 hotels, which was good. The food was quite poor. We are vegetarians and it was difficult to find something decent to eat. We ate mostly at the Sea Club as we preferred the atmosphere there. The chef however did prepare us a vegetarian meal on one occasion, which was nice of him to do so, but my husband fell ill the next day and was then ill for the remainder our stay, and have been back home for almost 1 week and is still unwell.

The beach and sea is fantastic. There is a decent reef at the Sea Club, access via a jetty. You can see so many different types of fish in shallow water. We even saw a sea snake. My husband had a massage, reasonable price , which he said was really good.

Overall we did enjoy our stay here, good value for money, good weather and nice grounds and nice beach.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 31 in Nabq Bay
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Baron Resort Sharm El Sheikh
#6 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Sea Life Resort? Share your experiences!