“Just what we had been looking for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Just what we had been looking for.”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

We booked this hotel though Thompson with only 2 weeks before we went in late September. I really didn't know what to expect but what we got was fantastic. The whole resort was spotless, the staff couldn't do enough for the guests, the food was varied, catering for all tastes, the rooms were very clean and tidy and the pool areas were uncluttered and peaceful. We had a room by the gardens which were very well maintained. The Thompson reps Angie and Ibrahim were very helpful and friendly as was the guest relation lady. The evening entertainment was varied and the whole atmosphere was lovely due to the nice mix of age groups.
We were looking for a quiet location by the beach just to rest and relax and that is exactly what we got. We would definitely go there again and would thoroughly recommend a visit to this great hotel.

10 Thank Rachael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,277)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Castleford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Pleasant enjoyable experience in this beautiful hotel yet again as this has been our third time at the jaz mirabel beach, however on this occasion we were accompanied by our daughter, her husband, our grandchildren aged 10 and 3 and also our son. The whole experience was enhanced on this occasion due to the amazing animation team with a special thanks to a lovely lady named saso who took great care of liam our grandson and involved him in all activities making him feel part of the team. What more can i say !!!!!! we will definately be returning in the near future and look forward to seeing all the amazing staff and animation team again. Thanks agian for a great holiday !!! Mr and Mrs Evans (England)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank moira e
Brighton
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My husband and I returned today from an 11 night holiday at Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel. What can I say! - absolutely fantastic. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the gardens and grounds beautiful - gardeners working all day and every day keeping everything immaculate. The two Thomsom Reps, Angie and Ibrahim, very friendly and knowledgeable and extremely helpful.

Having read trip adviser reports before we went, we were rather apprehensive, especially about tummy troubles and also because it was our first time to Egypt. However, our fears were unfounded - no tummy troubles for either of us and the food was excellent. There was plenty of choice every day, Abdoo particularly was so friendly and served omelettes, pancakes and crepes with such enthusiasm. They tasted delicious too. Bottles of water are no problem - just request from the waiters and they are brought to you.

Every member of staff from Ibrahim our room cleaner - who left us wonderful towel works of art - the restaurant waiters, the bar staff, the poolside cafe's, the Animation team, the Reception Desk as well as Angie and Imbrahim (Thomson Reps) were so polite and friendly and helped make our holiday so enjoyable.

The swimming pools at the Jaz Mirabel Beach are to die for - they are so big and spotlessly clean. Plenty of sunbeds available and sunshades. Likewise the beach - plenty of sunbeds and sunshades with handy cafe for drinks etc on the beach. The Red Sea so warm for swimming - absolutely gorgeous.

We would definitely rate this hotel a 5* rating and if you have booked and are apprehensive - don't be - the hotel is wonderful.

For us - we found the Egyptian heat just a bit too much! Also the long night flight back home was a bit hard to handle.

Room Tip: We were on top floor - climbing the stairs several times a day in the heat was rather tiring - if we...
11 Thank BrightonNaomi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I would not normally bother writing a review, however having seen so many negative reviews I feel it a must!

On arrival to the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff on the reception who are fully aware that you are stressed out through travelling, you soon get the calming feeling as you are greeted with a welcome drink and asked to fill out the required forms, once this is done you are then greeted by the Bell Boys who ask you to show them your case’s and then you are guided to your room on a golf buggy – your cases are carried to your room for you and once inside your are shown how to use the safe and set your own security number, as well as how to use the air con and the best way to return to the main foyer.

Once we had changed and made our way back to the main hotel foyer and lets be honest the BAR ! we were greeted by very friendly staff who asked if we had been before, as we said no they then took the time to explain the area, they asked our names and then asked what we would like to drink and then asked to sit down and relax, the drinks arrived within a few minutes and our glasses never seemed to run dry.

After a day or so these guys remember your drinks and names and basically don’t allow you to go the bar – they wait on you hand and foot, I tipped £2.00 per night maybe this made the difference but I tell you it was worth it.

We used the adult only restaurant and the food available at Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner had ample dishes to choose from, I had no problem deciding what to eat, in fact sometimes the choice was overwhelming, Again on my first day I was greeted by Abdel hady & Lobna who again asked our names and remembered them for our stay and on each occasion be it breakfast, lunch or dinner greeted us using them, again I tipped £2.00 per day.

The pool areas were spotless and I used to watch them washing the whole area down each evening, ample sunbeds, while some look a little tired they suit the purpose, I also noticed that a few times during our stay they seemed to check them and either fix or replace the damaged ones. The pool bars are a short walk away from any location but a simple £1.00 tip seems to get you service on the lounger, again well worth it !

The room was simple but clean and tidy and lets be honest you are only really sleeping and getting ready in it, the bathroom and shower area is ample and far better then mine at home ! our room was cleaned every day and some pretty cleaver towel art was arranged.

The animation team provided entertainment around the pool during the day as well as entertainment during the evening, however they do need to just re think the timings of the evening entertainment, trying to get karaoke going at 9pm when most people have just finished eating and have not yet consumed enough alcohol to let their hair down – after all we are British ! – if they did this 1 hour later they would have far better response in my opinion anyway – the evening acts / turns are good but can get a bit repetitive but again its not bad at all.

To Sum it up – fantastic holiday, helpful staff and fantastic hotel – if of course you live like the Queen and Prince Phillip you then may have to lower your standards, but if you live like me and work hard for your holidays then these people make you feel like the Queen and Prince Phillip

My Thanks to all the staff but a special thanks to the staff that I got to know :
Animation – Luca, Jo, Happy, Saso
Restaurant – Abdel hady & Lobna
Bar – Mohammeds and Tamer (Teeto) the born entertainer

If you are unsure then search for the hotel on facebook and read the reviews on there also.

4 Thank Chris D
north west
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Were do I start…… as manager within the travel industry I am well traveled and Egypt was somewhere I had not considered going on my holiday before as it was so popular this year myself and partner decided to choose the Jaz Mirabel beach.

We arrived late evening checked-in were the reception staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, we were taken to our room 1336 on a golf buggy were one of the bell boys carried both cases to our room on the 3rd floor he showed us how to set the safe showed us around the room told us about the mini bar etc.

I attended the welcome meeting in my career I have attend plenty but I can honestly say that Ang and Ibrahim are a credit to Thomson’s they provided plenty of information and they did not do any hard sell.

The Room was clean specious cleaned every day as well as impressive towel art, air conditioning was brilliant mini bar prices were reasonable in price, and room service available if wanted.

There are 3 specialty restaurants within the huge complex during our stay we did not visit any off the restaurants as we did not feel the need, we were happy to eat all our meals in the adult only restaurant as the variety was extensive and plenty to choose from. The restaurants and snack bars were spotlessly clean and the staff were always welcoming especially Abdel Hady and Lobna.

The animation team provided plenty of activities around the pool of a day time and evening and a credit to the hotel Lucca, Jo, Happy and Saso.

Waiters within the hotel work very hard and made our holiday complete they could not do enough for you, special mention to Tamar (Teto) and Mohammeds I would not have to think twice of employing them.

So to some this up if you are traveling to The Jaz Mirabel Beach don’t worry about other comments on here cause I am not sure they stayed at the same hotel or I have come to the conclusion that they must live in a PALACE. You do not have to tip the hotel staff but we chose to as you will see how very hard they work. We do plan to return again next year as this is a truly magical place and the staff that work their make it magical.

5 Thank lara b
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have just returned from the Jaz Mirabel Beach after a weeks holiday and after reading some bad reviews I am so pleased that this did not deter me.
The staff at this hotel were excellent and certainly go the extra mile to ensure you are looked after. The hotel is stunning, from the reception to the grounds, bedrooms, pools.
The food is good with a pasta station made to order and omlettes, eggs etc freshly made to order every day by a wonderful chef Abdoo who worked so hard to please everyone.
There are three a la carte restaurants and we visited the Italian which was superb and we were very well looked after by Ehlan and all of the staff and we went to the Chinese which was also fantastic. The pool bars also serve snacks during the day which were very good.

We took lots of £1 coins as the staff do like these for tips. We did tip because we wanted to and not because we felt we had to. The staff work so hard and do not get paid alot of money.

We had a family size room with a lovely balcony with a great view of the pool, it was in a lovely location.

Jodi in public relations was extremely helpful and her contribution helped to make our stay so enjoyable.

The entertainment was really good and varied. One night we had an excellent violinist on and another night a saxophone, it was so good.

You hear people moaning about the most trivial things but I can assure you this hotel is well worth a visit and I will be returning next year.

Thank you to all at the Mirabel Beach Hotel!!

6 Thank 186233Gill
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

As a disabled wheelchair traveler im always encountering barriers . In jez Mirabel Beach Resort it was steps into cafes , Restaurants etc ........but the amazing help of the main restaurant manager and his staff made my holiday , every time i arrived at the doors Ahmed a elalim was there with a staff member lifting myself and wheelchair up the steps , they were chatty and friendly ..............actually just going to add him on facebook .I celebrated my birthday while there and Elsayed booked my table in the italian restaurant , waited on me all night and then sung at the end of my meal - i even had a birthday cake presented to me. This hotel was a dream to me , clean , good staff and great facilaties -- would i book again ? next year is already booked !

Room Tip: they are all much the same , but if disabled do request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Sultan Gardens Resort
Sultan Gardens Resort
#19 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!